Toronto City Centre Airport

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

Being a Nexus Card holder living in downtown Toronto I expect my arrival at YTZ and trip home to be very quick right? Wrong! First because of the weird design of the airport we get held on the plane to get off until the passengers for the plane at the gate next to us board so that passengers don't interact (why not have separate gates?). Next there is only one nexus terminal in the customs area so be prepared to wait again (going to an agent may be quicker). Then another wait for the archaic ferry to the city-side (fine this will be soon replaced) but when the ferries seem to be operating at full capacity why not have 2 going? Then you wait 30 minutes in the cold for a taxi. YTZ may brag about being close to the city but they have a lot of work to do to improve their flow. Frankly Pearson may be farther but it works like clock work and I'd rather just go there next time!

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

Why more people don't use this airport I don't know for you can't beat it for convenience and ease of getting to downtown Toronto not only business travellers but leisure ones like me appreciate it! For starters there are free passenger ferries that run about every 15 minutes to the foot of Bathurst Street where it's just a short to medium walk to sights such as the CN Tower Rogers Centre et al plus there are TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) buses not too far away to take you where you want to go. Though the queues were somewhat long at Canadian Customs when I arrived the officers still maintained their friendliness and respectful demeanour. The facilities themselves were very well kept up those cleaners should get a medal for picking up after the sloppiness of my fellow passengers in all definitely my choice when I fly to Toronto.

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

The best kept secret for commuters traveling to downtown Toronto. In and out in a flash -- even with the ferry which runs constantly back and forth between the island and the shore. The airport only services one carrier - Porter Airlines. The terminal has been significantly improved and cleaned up over the years when there used to be a small lobby where baggage was dumped through a chute.

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

Check in was quick. Security professional and in contrast to other airports not as many passengers going through. I was the only one going through security at the time I entered. The lounge has comfortable seating no-cost snacks and beverages free wifi and an efficient group of folk to help passengers and announce departures. Overall a pleasant and refreshing experience.

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

For transborder fliers from Newark (NYC) Boston or Chicago Midway who do business in downtown Toronto then Porter to Toronto's Island airport is the only sensible way to go. On arrival unlike at the distant Pearson International (YYZ) clearing Canada Customs takes minutes and you're on your way - the airport is literally a stone's throw from the city's core. The Porter terminal is like one big private jet lounge - on departure you're not only a few steps from your plane but all passengers enjoy free coffee (and excellent cookies) free newspapers and a full business center with Mac desktops. Porter is one of the few airlines I have flown that offers economy passengers the same excellent service on the ground as it does in the air.

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

The island airport is small and clean - a very relaxing experience compared to Pearson - but it feels like it's getting too small for Porter Airlines' growing business. The domestic luggage claim area is a ridiculously small tiny little room. Hopefully there is a way to expand the terminal before Porter expands its service to cities like Thunder Bay Boston Detroit and Philadelphia.

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

I enjoy the relaxing terminal building and comforts provided. There are some common use computers and wireless internet is free. Porter has been a bit shaky with its ontime performance when I am involved. I am usually flying to Halifax from YTZ which involves a quick stop at YOW. I could fly non-stop from Pearson (which I still do with regularity) I will sooner spend an extra 45 minutes in an airplane with great service - good location and a free shuttle to the subway than make the trek to Pearson and try to find something to do to kill time.

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

A little gem of an airport. Minutes from downtown Toronto on Toronto Island. As it is currently served by only one airline (Porter) lines are short free refreshments are available and offers free wireless. Due to politics one must take a 400ft ferry to the airport which takes minutes and is a significant time saver compared to driving up to Pearson (YYZ). However due to its small size (and noise concerns by local residents) the airport is only served by turboprops for commercial flights. As a result the airport is only available for regional flights.

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

Fantastic airport owing to the fact that it is dedicated entirely to a single airline (Porter). Very fast service (from boarding call to take-off in roughly 10 minutes). Free refreshments past security include espresso a selection of teas and cold drinks as well as small snacks. Free internet access and plus seating make it one of the most comfortable experiences I've had in flying.

Toronto City Centre Airport customer review

I flew out in late November on Porter Airlines. After the 2 minute ferry ride to the island the check in process was exceptional. As a coach passenger I was able to relax in the upscale lounge which offered espresso drinks complementary newspapers free internet and fine modern furnishings. When our flight was delayed due to fog I noticed a gentleman making his way through the lounge speaking to each passenger. When he approached me he introduced himself as Mr. Deluce the airline owner and apologized for the delay. Within half an hour we were on our way in the classy planes with flight attendants in classy retro uniforms. I have never been treated so well on a flight or in a terminal and recommend City Centre and Porter Airlines highly.