Orlando Sanford Airport

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

Arrived at Sanford en-route to Kissimmee for a two week vacation. As this was our first visit to the US since 9/11 I was a little apprehensive about possible protracted security procedures. In fact the arrival procedure at Sanford was swift with more immigration staff available than I've seen in the main UK airports. In addition the staff were extremely courteous and helpful. They seemed genuinely interested in the visitors to their country and without exception all wished us a pleasant stay. The departure experience was just as good and it was pleasing to see that Sanford actually had more seats available in the departures/duty free area than passengers to sit on them.

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

We were first off the plane and through Immigration in 10 minutes. Within an hour of landing we were driving out of the airport in our hired car. On return we used a check in in Orlando which cost $12 each but was great as we arrived at the airport and went straight through.

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

We started coming through here because of the direct flight from Glasgow and we thought the immigration officials were very friendly until this time! Because we own a home and stay for anything up to 4 months at a time and this time we were interrogated for 20 mins by a very confrontational official who didn't or couldn't answer our questions. The whole problem is that no government official can tell us when the year begins and ends to allow us to stay 180 days. It's time the American government clarified this. We contribute towards the economy and pay taxes big time.

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

Sanford airport is near the city of Orlando - small and easy to get around with plenty of choice numerous car hire firms. One bad point is the queues at immigration please - we were waiting over an hour at immigration. Once you get through it was wonderful - collected bags and car hire and started our holiday.

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

Just returned from Sanford. Tiny airport but fit for purpose. On arrival immigration queue long as expected held up mainly by incorrectly filled forms. We got the moody immigration officer but actually was quite nice and family of four done and sorted in about 3 mins. Landed collected bag immigration sorted car and driving out within an hour which I thought was good. Returning - small check in queue since we were early but each check in procedure took ages. Facilities were ok with plenty to do. Overall small airport with many benefits and not many drawbacks. Flew Thomson and both arrival and departures on time and no probs.

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

Came back last week from Sanford. I'd not travelled through there for about 3-4 years so noticed a few upgrades to the place. On arrival got though customs in about 30 minutes as our plane & another arrived almost at the same time. On returning as I was with a family member who lives out there I was very disapointed that no improvements to facilities before going through security & the departure lounge. We got though check in pretty quickly so that I still had over 2 hours before my plane took off. Unfortunately there are no shops to look round & just one place to get a cup of coffee & sandwich. The service here is unbelievably slow as this is situated in Terminal b & the girl serving says that she has to go up to Terminal A to fetch our coffee (notice to the coffee shop owner -buy a coffee maker or kettle!) which takes about 10-15 minutes. Once through security & into departure lounge then there are a few shops which from my experience were poorly stocked & overpriced. I'd use Sanford again though as its not a bad little airport. The staff I've always found friendly & polite & its useful for getting cheap flights to as most of the charter airlines fly there.

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

Travelled through Sanford Airport on arrival and departure last week and was quite impressed. Having to go through Orlando International is enough to make me not want to visit my parents in Florida so was pleasantly surprised by Sanford. As I'm an American citizen living in the U.K. and travelling on a U.S. passport I didn't experience the long delays that some of the other passengers apparently do. I found the staff without exception to be friendly and efficient - not rude like in some of the other airports (Orlando International and Detroit spring to mind). I will definitely use Sanford again. The most stress-free trip I've had in ages.

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

Used Sanford 4 times never a problem staff are courteous and are happy to help. Immigration never been a queue to talk of longest wait about 25 mins (would be a lot shorter if people would watch info video on flight and fill out required forms correctly). Never picked up a car would recommend you use a Towncar service who will offer a meet and greet service at arrivals. As for MCO used this year for first time in 11 years - has that place gone downhill! Queues everywhere security slow rude. Will use SFB every time.

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

Speed of Immigration procedures is the main benefit of Sanford. We got through in half the time it has taken us at other US airports. We saw rather too much of the departure lounge due to a broken 747 and whilst we were killing about 15 hours there on two successive days made the following observations. Very little to do in departures terrible choice of overpriced ghastly food & beverages precious few shops. Virtually every airline using Sanford seemed to be seriously delayed for a variety of reasons none of which was the weather in Florida our Excel flight to Gatwick was 25 hours late due to a broken rudder. Some of the people working in the airport are very professional efficient and polite. The majority are ignorant morons who delight in exercising whatever pathetic authority they have as brusquely as possible. If using Sanford you might do well to book one of the executive lounges in advance (which costs less than the $25 on-site) because you might be seeing more of the airport than you think.

Orlando Sanford Airport customer review

Arrived SFB September 42006. Speedy immigration procedures unlike busy US hubs luggage swiftly deliveredno lines at Car Hire and on our way in no time. However returning to SFB on our return food court is expensive and hot food is cold by the time one has stood in line to pay for it. Bar is woefully understaffed and very very smokey. Fortunately our flight got away on time but I would not like to spend any time here due to long delays.