Doncaster Sheffield Airport

"the best airport I have ever used"

Not Verified | I have to say this is the best airport I have ever used, so straight forward and friendly helpful staff all the way. Plenty of shops to have a stroll around and fantastic food. Only an hour away from home with great parking. I am sure this is my airport of choice from now on. Absolutely love it, great start to our holiday. Thank you Doncaster Sheffield airport.
Date VisitMay 2019

"only 2 Border Control Officers"

Not Verified | This is a great airport us my wife and self. We fly from it twice a year. We have just returned from Lanzarote. We had no problems at all until we arrived back at 0045 hrs (45 mins late) There was a full plane load of passengers and only 2 Border Control Officers on duty. We were stood in a snake-like queue for nearly half an hour in a room that was like a shed. I think that Border Control can do a lot better and should be doing so. After saying this we are flying from Doncaster again in Sept.
Date VisitMay 2019

"shocking customer service"

Trip Verified | On the 31st January I was flying to Belfast with a colleague from Leeds Bradford Airport. We sat in the lounge from 7am – 12pm & were finally told the Flybe flight had been cancelled due to weather conditions. We went to get on the next flight & told it was full. I found a flight from Doncaster airport that we could just make if we set off immediately. We went to Flybe desk & transferred our tickets. We had an important trip to Belfast & decided to transfer. We had never been to Doncaster airport but arrived with over an hour to spare. On arrival Flybe couldn't trace the flight change. We stood at check in an hour whilst many phone calls were made. We were finally given a boarding pass & whizzed through to board. We were then told that our return flight home could not be changed to bring us back to Robin Hood & we had to fly back to Leeds. My colleagues car was parked now at Robin Hood. We arrived at Belfast at 5pm due to return home the following day. We flew back into Leeds on 1st Feb & arranged a lift to take us home to collect my car. I then drove us to Robin Hood to retrieve the car. This journey to Doncaster was through blizzard conditions & therefore a little scary. On arrival at the airport car park we agreed I wouldn’t leave the airport until she was safely in her car. We decided to drive back home in convoy due to the weather conditions & to ensure we both got home safely after a very stressful 24 hours of travels. I dropped my friend at the entrance to the car park & simply pulled over into a lay-by for 58 seconds & watched for her to exit the car park. Two days later a PCN notice arrived. There were no signs on this bay stating no stopping (& the photographs supplied on the PCN did not include such signage). The whole journey was extremely stressful, firstly a cancelled flight and the following one full that resulted in a drive to an airport we were unfamiliar with to catch another flight. We lost 8 hours of our 24 hour trip. We were made to feel extremely anxious at Doncaster airport check in as the tickets had not been transferred correctly. Then to be told we could not fly back to the same destination that meant our car was parked at the wrong destination. On return we had to arrange a pick up to get us home & then a further journey through blizzards to retrieve a car. Then I receive a PCN notice for pulling into a lay-by for 58 seconds to ensure my friends safety claiming I was in a no stopping zone that was not clearly marked. We attempted to claim a refund through Doncaster & Flybe for the additional petrol costs we incurred & the two lots of airport car parking we incurred due to a cancelled flight. The claim was declined. And then received several demands for £100 for less than one minute pull in where I didn't even stop the engine. I asked the airport to consider these mitigating circumstances & appealed this PCN notice. The car parking Operator refused to consider any mitigating circumstances & dismissed my appeal simply a further demand for £100 The stressful situation was purely brought on by Doncaster Airport / Leeds Bradford airport failure to transfer our flights … but they were simply not interested in any reimbursement of all the extra costs we incurred or supporting our appeal against the PCN. Absolutely shocking customer service
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"happy to fly from here again"

Not Verified | As regional airports go, one of the smallest ones I have ever flown out of. No queues at departure, whisked through very briskly by the staff on duty. A Wetherspoons and a couple of other shops are the only options after security, which is better than nothing I suppose. Everything in order and no complaints from me, would be more than happy to fly from here again.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"a lovely airport"

Not Verified | It was a lovely airport in August and it was my first time flying out of my local airport to Corfu with TUI B737-800 4 month old pretty new inside. The airport was really good. Easy check-in desk loads of duty free, clear view of the incoming aircrafts outside of window. The security was really quick for getting us through so we can get to the gate. Food was brilliant at Wetherspoons near the duty free. This airport is worth the visit for holidays and business friendly. Staff were outstanding as well. Spotting was good as well,
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Seating was plentiful"

Not Verified | When we discovered that Doncaster Airport were starting flights to Naples with Tui we booked straight away. It was so nice to be able to drive here rather than the trek to Manchester and the crowds of people there. The worst thing was the road closure just a few minutes before the airport which wasn't signposted properly - not what you want to encounter at 4.30 in the morning! Parking, (pre-booked), was easy as was check-in. Seating was plentiful and we departed 10 minutes early. So much better than the larger airports! Our return trip was just as easy: our luggage arrived very quickly and we were at home just over an hour after landing, after a 32 minute car journey. I just wish there were more flights from here to places where we like to go, such as Lakes and Mountains.
Date VisitMay 2018

"efficient and pleasant airport"

Very efficient and pleasant airport. Check in was quick and used the executive lounge. I have used many but this was excellent. One of the very best. Food and drinks of good choice and a high standard. Served to you rather than self service. Comfortable and lovely friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"user friendly and accessible"

We flew out to Sofia for a ski trip, the check in security and such like was easy. The drop off and pick up at the front of the terminal building was so easy. It's great to have a local airport that is so user friendly and accessible. The staff were polite and very friendly.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"check in and security a breeze"

Doncaster to Paris CDG with FlyBe. Nice quiet airport that seems a carbon copy of John Lennon Airport, Liverpool. Check in and security a breeze. Departures lounge spacious with a proliferation of Wetherspoons Bars, which is clearly appreciated by the Yorkshire PAX. Sadly, I was on business so no such enjoyment and to compound the problem I made the fatal error of not charging my laptop before entering the airport. There are no power sockets whatsoever in the departures lounge, I was therefore unable to continue working. In desperation I went to the lounge but was told by the polite receptionist that the Amex LoungeClub card is not accepted - DSA is the only airport that I have used with such a policy. So, all in all no good for the business traveller but on the upside the flight was dirt cheap.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"clean, bright, welcoming"

Verified Review | Some regional airports are great to use, and this is one of them. For arrivals, all you want is to get off the airplane, through customs and baggage control, and out as quickly as possible. Doncaster fits the bill on all fronts. It is clean, bright, welcoming, and the airplane (Aer Lingus Regional this time), parks about 20 metres from the door into the terminal. A short walk brings you past immigration and into the baggage hall, and 10 minutes after landing you are outside, collecting your hire car or getting a lift / taxi / bus as required. So much easier than using a major airport. For departures, it's just as straightforward, and although the dining and eating options are limited, as they are in most regional airports, the food is fine, you can view the ramp activities, and there is plenty of seating available. Overall, a good experience, and this review is based not only on this trip, but on past experiences.
Date VisitOctober 2016