Wings Air

"our flight was cancelled"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | We were supposed to fly from Galela the day before but our flight was cancelled. Local Wings staff helpfully offered to rebook us for next day from Kao or Ternate at no extra cost. The flight from Kao left only 15 minutes late, and was on a clean, well airconditioned aircraft with nice crew. Of course no meals or free checked in luggage.
RouteKao to Manado
Date FlownAugust 2019

"flight delayed for 2 hours"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | I'd booked a flight from Surabaya to Bandung on August 8th 2019, but because of a sudden meeting schedule required me to reschedule my flight on August 06th 2019. I paid 663k Rupiahs for the rescheduling administration, but I got my flight delayed for 2 hours without any proper announcements just from the display on the airport. And the airline gave the passengers the compensation (rice, noodle, spicy beef) after I asked about it. If I don't have a meeting required me to attend early in the morning, I would have bought the tickets from another flight providers.
AircraftATR
RouteSurabaya to Bandung
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Tambolaka to Denpasar. They are never on time. Which is normal when you don’t pay the price - however there is no information. Two hour delay and there is no representative to explain us the situation. So we are late, and not sure how long more we will be. Horrible customer service.
RouteTambolaka to Denpasar
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"typical no-frills flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jayapura to Yahukimo. Flight left only about half an hour late, good by Wings' standards! It was also half empty, so quite comfortable despite being a typical no-frills flight with no food or drink provided.
RouteJayapura to Yahukimo
Date FlownDecember 2018

"flight is delay for 3 hours"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Malang. I got message 1 day before that flight will be an hour earlier. Then I got to the airport in hurry and the flight is delay for 3 hours. Price for the ticket is more than usual and still bad service. If there is other direct flight for my destination i will never use this flight
RouteDenpasar to Malang
Date FlownDecember 2017

"wouldn't recommend"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Yogyakarta to Bandung. Always delayed, no inflight entertainment as promised (always said on process of installment even tho it's been years), bad service, staff is rude, inconvenient flight times. Had to queue for a long line just to print boarding pass (ridiculous). Too bad it’s the only airline available for some routes, that’s why Indonesian domestic flights have to use this trash airline. Wouldn't recommend, save your energy, time and sanity with other options.
RouteYogyakarta to Bandung
Date FlownApril 2018

"Worst airline I’ve experienced"

Trip Verified | Bima to Bali. This is also Lion Air. Worst airline I’ve ever experienced. Delayed 4 hours then told cancelled, nowhere to stay for the night. Then charged me more for my surfboards than the cost of my ticket. The day before they cancelled all 3 flights without telling anybody, leaving them all stranded for the night.
RouteBima to Bali
Date FlownDecember 2017

"cheap and the plane is new"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta (HLP) to Bandung is a new route from Wings Air. This flight only take about 22 minutes. since Wings Air is a LCC, inflight food are only available by purchasing it. I dont know what are they selling, maybe some snacks and there wasnt any menu card or something like that. I like to fly with Wings Air since it is cheap and the plane is new but what I dont like is the stewardess are just little bit smile less.
AircraftATR 72-500
RouteJakarta to Bandung
Date FlownAugust 2017

"no text message from Wings Air"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | The flight from JOG to SUB (18.10) was cancelled because only a few passengers booked the seats and they were moved onto the flight before them (16.35). The staff said that they had passed on the information to each passenger's mobile phone, but I didn't receive it. Fortunately they rescheduled my flight to the first flight tomorrow morning (06.10). In the morning there was another problem, they said my ticket couldn't be checked in. I came at 05.00 and I had to wait for 30 minutes to get my boarding pass. I was surprised again that my boarding pass was manually written, so why did I need to wait for 30 minutes if at the end they just write it down? On my return flight, Wings Air surprised me again. I came to the check-in counter and found that my flight (16.25) was cancelled (again) and rescheduled to the next flight (19.30). For the reason they said they had sent me the information to my mobile phone. My mobile phone is on all the day and there was no text message from Wings Air.
RouteYogyakarta to Surabaya
Date FlownJune 2017

"stay away from Wings Air"

(Philippines)

Unverified | Medan to Sibolga. Unfortunately i have no other choice than to fly Wings Air almost every month for work reasons, I have traveled on Wings at least 30 times and not once has the plane departed on time, delays from minimum 45 mins to my record stands at 9 hours with no communication or explanation from Wings Air. However after my latest 4 hour delay in Medan Airport on March 7th I received the best news, Garuda have pushed back their departure time from 08.50 to 10.00 meaning I can now connect with that flight from Singapore happy days, never again will I have to fly Wings Air. Warning to all stay away from Wings Air at all costs.
RouteMedan to Sibolga