TAR Aerolineas

"still waiting for the refund"

Trip Verified | Huatulco to Oaxaca. Booked our flights 6 months in advance and a month later they cancelled our flight. We had booked a return trip and one leg was cancelled but they insisted on cancelling both legs and that I buy a new ticket on the one leg that we could use. The company promised a refund for the cancelled flights plus a 25% bonus as it was the airline that had cancelled the booking for “operational reasons”. They would not reverse the charge on the credit card and insisted that we supply banking information for the refund. We provided all of the information and after several phone calls we still are waiting for the refund 6 months later and no signs of it coming. It appears to me they are running some kind of a scam as I have read a number of reviews with the same complaint. I would suggest if you do not receive your refund in a short period of time ask your credit card company to reverse the charge as the airline has not provided the service. Timing is critical with the credit card company.
RouteHuatulco to Oaxaca
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Do not fly with TAR"

Not Verified | Do not fly with TAR. We had several internal flights with TAR arbitrarily cancelled due to "operational reasons." TAR has no problem taking payment from your credit card but they refuse to refund $ back to your credit card in the event of a flight cancellation. Pathetic level of service when flights are cancelled and absolutely no empathy or process to correct their own misgivings as an airline. Don't waste your time and money. Fly with a real airline.
RouteMerida to Queretaro
Date FlownOctober 2019

"horrid customer service"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Queretaro to Puerto Vallarta. Worst airline ever - do not use them. I just bought a ticket yesterday for a trip in July and today they cancelled the return flight for “operational reasons.” TAR is now getting known for delays, random cancellations, lying to customers about flight cancellations, horrid customer service on the phone and an online portal that is a joke (you can’t change your flight on it and so are forced to call their horrid phone customer service even when the airline changes or cancels your flight for no valid reason). Run away from this airline.
RouteQueretaro to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownApril 2018

"excellent service and attitude"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Leon Bajio to Puerto Vallarta. Punctual airline. Small plane but confortable for a 50 minute flight and very clean. Excellent service and good attitude of ground staff and flight attendants. They offer you a small snack on board, free of cost. The check in process at the airport was quick because the airplane has a 50 passenger capacity.
AircraftEmbraer 145
RouteLeon Bajio to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownDecember 2016

"worst airline on the planet"

Verified Review | This is the worst airline on the planet, they canceled our flight two day prior to our flight and only one day after purchasing the ticket. I called in to get a refund and they insisted I email them a copy of my bank statement in order to get a refund. I don't know what kind of scam this company is running but don't book with them.
RouteGDL to PVR
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"service to be top-notch"

TAR Aerolineas is a new regional Mexican carrier which operates several routes in Mexico. Flew a domestic route round-trip and found the service to be top-notch. Aircraft brand new and clean, punctual departures and arrivals, attentive ground and cabin personnel, excellent value for money. Would choose them again when my travel plans take me to Mexico.
AircraftEmbraer 145