Amaszonas

"the boarding process was seamless"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Small plane E190 it was, but everything moved along efficiently. Decent legroom, nothing to rave nor complain about, but more importantly the boarding process was seamless and so was the disembarking process. Baggage arrived with zero issues. Worthwhile noting that tickets were expensive though. Despite all the negative reviews here, it's one of the only options from La Paz to Uyuni other than the Todo Turismo tourist bus (which we took on the way back and was pretty decent as well), so where flights are concerned, just cross your fingers and hope for the best. Do not be afraid after reading all the negativity here. Not all is bad.
AircraftEmbraer E190
RouteLa Paz to Uyuni
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Seats are very small"

(Bolivia)

Not Verified | Santa Cruz to Asuncion. I had an international ticket that said “snack”. The snack was food for sale. The airline will not even give you water on their planes. Planes are very old, smelly and dirty and the staff was trying to do their best but were not specially kind or efficient. Seats are very small (two per side, per row) with very little space.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteSanta Cruz to Asuncion
Date FlownDecember 2018

"customer service extremely poor"

Trip Verified | La Paz to Uyuni. Due to weather issues the airline understandably cancelled our flight to Uyuni, upon learning that rebooking was not an option due to tour constraints we were assured we would be reimbursed and provided the link to give our information. That was June, and in November we still have not received the reimbursement much less any information about it. Despite filling out the paperwork multiple times and sending followup inquiries, they are incredibly unresponsive and have not provided any indication that we will ever see this reimbursement. If you book this airline, be aware their customer service is extremely poor.
RouteLa Paz to Uyuni
Date FlownJune 2018

"I didn't get any response"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Santa Cruz to La Paz. I forgot my Bose headphones in the plane and contacted the airline already 4 times via their customer services e mail address! I didn't get any response! I am very angry and will never use this airline, I know that it was my fault but not getting any response isn't a good service in 2017.
RouteSanta Cruz to La Paz
Date FlownNovember 2017

"find both legs had been cancelled"

Trip Verified | La Paz to Rurrenabaque. Avoid - will cancel flights and move you onto other flight times without any contact. We arrived at airport to find both legs had been cancelled and we were on different flight times which meant a complete change of plans and additional costs incurred. They claimed not to have contact details despite us proving we had provided these (as they had contacted us to confirm booking and provide tickets via email). Check in staff will also just shrug their shoulders and will not even provide an apology. Make sure you reconfirm your flight the day before but be warned at the check in desk they reserve he right to cancel / change flights up to 2 hours before with no warning or refund!
Date FlownNovember 2017

"changed flights last minute"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | La Paz to Rurrenabaque. They changed our flights last minute with no warning. We were literally at the gate and they told us they had to change the times due to "operational reasons". Because of this we are missing an already paid organised tour. This also applies to the flight back from Rurrenabaque. Worst company ever.
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"change my flights 5 times"

Verified Review | Asuncion to La Paz via Santa Cruz. Booked these flights through Opodo as I could not find Amaszonas website. Flight to take off 1330 with 50 minute stopover in Santa Cruz but nobody could tell me if I had to go through Immigration/Customs and if so, in time for connecting flight. Received flight time change a day later: now with 2 hours 20 minutes stopover. Received third flight time change a further day later: now 0820 from Asuncion with 9 hours stopover in Santa Cruz. Phoned Opodo and asked for a refund but was asked to wait and see if another flight was available. Received fourth flight time change 10 days later: take off 0820 from Asuncion with 1 hour 30 minutes stopover in Santa Cruz. Received fifth flight time change seven days later: take off 0820 from Asuncion with 1 hour 40 minutes stopover in Santa Cruz. Checked-in for flight and an Australian family was having a loud argument with staff as their flight time had been changed to the afternoon but they had not been informed by Amaszonas. Flight left on time. Yes, had to go through Immigration/Customs in Santa Cruz. I was the first at both but quite a queue formed behind me. Found Departures at Santa Cruz airport and checked-in for flight to La Paz. Had time for a drink. Don't think the first schedule of 50 minutes would have been sufficient. No complaint when actually on the flights but why, oh, why did Amaszonas change my flights 5 times. Did not inspire me with confidence.
AircraftCanadair Regional jet
RouteAsuncion to La Paz via Santa Cruz
Date FlownJuly 2017

"experience with Amaszonas was good"

Verified Review | Cusco to Uyuni via La Paz. My experience with Amaszonas was good actually. Luckily the weather was in my favor too. Initially I was a little skeptical after reading reviews, but the trip was pretty smooth. Flight was on the smaller side although not as small as people had initially mentioned. There's about 15 to 20 rows of seats and I was comfortable. THe only thing is they board like 15 minutes prior to departure which makes you a little nervous, but the trip as such was okay.
RouteCusco to Uyuni via La Paz
Date FlownMarch 2017

"I wouldn't book Amaszonas again"

Verified Review | La Paz to Rurrenabaque return with Amaszonas. Both flights got canceled. In the first plane were 15 Passengers in a plane for nearly 50 so we think they just wanted to put all the people in one plane and canceled all the other flights. That was the first day we lost in our Trip. No "sorry" or any kind of excuse. Flight back got canceled as well, had to stay another night in Rurrenabaque. Weather wasn't really bad. They told us to come to the Office at 7, they drive us to the airport (10 Minutes, departure at 9). When we got there they told us we should take a Taxi on our own. It would still be enough time if we'll be at the airport at 8. So why did you let us wake up and miss breakfast? I wouldn't book Amaszonas again! Don't be surprised if they cancel your flight. Plan more time for it or just take the Bus!
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"onboard service is good"

(Bolivia)

La Paz to Sucre with Amaszonas. Their tickets are expensive compared to other airlines in Bolivia, and don't be fooled by the "promos" on the website, the final price is always higher than BoA or ecojet. The ground service is good, they even offer a cheap shuttle to Sucre airport, they claim to have a perfect "on-time" record but they have the reputation to cancel trips when the plane is not full enough, onboard service is good with a drink good enough for all the short trips they do and seat room is ok taking count the CRJ 200 is a small plane! The planes are as basic as any regional jet is but are pretty much quiet. Never used it yet but I've been told their La Paz-Santa Cruz air shuttle service is terrific.
AircraftCRJ-200