Air Moldova

(Russian Federation)

Moscow - Chisinau - Rome and back. I chose Air Moldova because of the low price and very good connections. Unfortunately all flights were delayed (from 30 minutes to 2 hours) with no apparent explanation or apologies. The connection in Chisinau was about 1 hour 20 minutes both times but due to delays we had to practically run to get on the next plane. The Chisinau Airport was fine though much better for short transit that some of the other world airports. The airplanes are really old (I could see duct tape in several places) seats are very tightly packed and also falling apart - I could not recline my seat because the button fell inside the armrest. Inflight meal consisted of a cheese bun which was okay but not sufficient at all. I have to say that wine was served which was quite good and certainly a plus. Crew seemed surly and disinterested although this varied from flight to flight. The biggest problem is on the way back my luggage did not arrive to Moscow. Would I fly Air Moldova again? Maybe if the price is really low (it usually is) but I will keep everything in my cabin luggage.

(Greece)

KIV-OTP on an old but presentable Em120. Flight was on time with good service (sandwich) for the short 1 hour flight. Steward was very friendly speaking good English. We were lucky that day only the flights with Em120 and Em190 were on time. Flights with A320 had 5 to 7 hours delays.

Air Moldova customer review

STN-KIV-STN by Airbus 320. Flight was over two hours late leaving Stansted around 20 minutes late leaving Chisinau. Check in was fine. The really bad aspect of the flights was the lack of leg room. Absolutely awful. The inflight 'meal' was a cheese stuffed pastry. Not nice. Staff were fairly friendly but hadn't yet caught up with real customer service. If you over about 1.60 metres tall you will never walk again.

Air Moldova customer review

FRA-KIV-OTP with Air Moldova. The first leg was operated by an Embraer 190 aircraft. Flight attendants were attentive throughout both flights. On the first leg the meal included a choice between chicken or beef which was fantastic. On the second flight a warm chocolate croissant was offered for the 45-minute hop. Second leg was an Embraer 120 aircraft which made the second leg of my trip entertaining. I was impressed by the quality of both flights will fly them again!
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Air Moldova customer review

KBP-KIV. The check-in at Air Moldova was very quick as there was no line. Baggage weight allowances were very strict since we were flying on a small 30 seater Embraer 120 Brasilia. Onboard we were offered complimentary drinks and croissants and even though the plane was small the seats were very reasonable. The flight was kind of shaky but it made the plane ride down to Chisinau very fun. We promptly received our baggage after clearing customs. In conclusion Air Moldova is a fantastic airline!

(Iceland)

LGW-KIV on Embraer 190. Departed on time and arrived a little early. FA's were polite and efficient. Catering was a sandwich and a choice of Hot drinks Soft drinks and Moldovan Wine. No IFE but not a problem on a 3hr flight. Only strange aspects were the very stocked duty free trolley coming through the plane but with absolutely no price lists or catalogues so I had no idea what they were selling and that the cockpit messages to staff were in Romanian which surprised me as most airlines now do them in English. Just one quick note be prepared to be locked in the airport for a while. My luggage actually came through first but when I cleared customs and headed for the exit I could see my friends waiting for me but the doors taking me landside were locked after much rattling around 10 mins later a staff member came and pressed the button to let us out! I would gladly fly with them again and the direct flight makes this the best option on this route.

(Moldova)

KIV-FRA-KIV. The plane was an Embraer 190 in spotless condition. Tasty hot meals both ways and a good selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Flights departed and landed on time. Connecting luggage arrived safely. Gate staff friendly and courteous. Onboard flight attendants looked a bit tired and could smile more.

(Moldova)

Was scheduled to fly IST-KIV on June 12. Learned 5 days before the flight that the service on that day was cancelled. Was offered a seat on the next day's flight transfer from/to airport and free hotel accommodation. A big thanks to the Air Moldova representative in Istanbul Sinan who was super helpful in arranging the details of my overnight stay in Istanbul. He accompanied me to the hotel met me at the airport the next day and was extremely friendly throughout my dealings with Air Moldova. Onboard the service consisted of a cold meal and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. FAs could learn to smile more. Plane a new spotless Embraer 190 with comfortable pitch and leather seats.

Air Moldova customer review

VIE to KIV. The experience was quite odd like going back into the Soviet days as they were using a Yak-40 on the flight. Staff friendly and relatively professional although it felt almost like a charter flight. The meal was quite good and flight was on time. The cabin layout was really bizarre with something looking like a couch near the front of the plane and little leg room in my seat. The fact that they didn't de-ice the plane (it was snowing hard at takeoff) freaked me out a bit too. Not sure if they're still using the Yak-40 but if you happen to get on this one it's certainly a unique experience if you're up for it.

(Romania)

OTP-KIV-IST return. OTP-KIV canceled due to fog instead put on the TK service to IST. For the IST-KIV on well maintained Embraer 190 with friendly and professional FAs. KIV-OTP delayed 1.5 hours but they kept passengers informed. Boarding was a bit chaotic as they could not figure which plane should depart first. They used a fairly old but clean A320-200 and staff were nice. For the price paid attentive service and helpful staff.