Copa Airlines

"business class is not worth the money"

Trip Verified | If you can avoid this airline, please you will do yourself a favour. The business class is not worth the money, awful seats, zero entertainment options.
RouteGuayaquil to Dulles via Panama
Date FlownJuly 2022

"six people to figure out how to charge my bag"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | It took Copa almost an hour for no less than six people to figure out how to charge my bag and issue the receipt for it. When I mentioned that an apology would have made the situation easier, they said I would probably be angry even if they had apologized! I guess you can’t expect much from an airline that only serves a tiny bag of plátain chips as a meal in an international flight.
RoutePanamá to Medellin
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I will never fly with them again"

Not Verified | Rude attendants, long delays in Panama Airport with zero amenities. Our trip started with an on time flight to Panama from Boston, we were rushed into the plain 10 minutes before the boarding time, then we were forced to wait for an hour and a half, not taxiing, no explanation. After getting into the air over two hours after our initial departure time we sat in broken chairs, trays that didn't lock, with attendants who didn't speak English. The food was gross, with no ingredient list for those with allergies. You need to sign into wifi to access movies from 10 years ago with a few non-notable exceptions. The restrooms were dirty from the beginning of the flight. On our return flight we spent two hours in the checkin line. Our connecting flight in Panama was given away to another flight while giving us a two hour delay, in an airport terminal with no restaurants but a Duty free that sells 9$ USD sandwiches. When bring up the 20% compensation for 2 hour delayed flights we were told it was only a 1 hour and 56 minute delay where they didn't have to compensate us at all. I will never fly with them again.
RoutePanama to Boston
Date FlownJuly 2022

"We were seated separately round trip"

(Puerto Rico)

Not Verified | I’ve been traveling with my wife for over thirty years (hundreds of flights) and never had the issue of being seated separately. We were seated separately round trip. I can only conclude they just don’t pay attention to this, but they kind of seek it.
RouteSan Juan to Mexico City

"Worst airline ever"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | The flight was cancelled, and cancelled, constantly the gates were changing. No info provided by staff. We had to spend a night in the airport, they just refused to put people in the hotel. At the same time, not giving info about the flight or IF this flight is gonna happen at all. Worst airline ever!
RoutePanama to San Jose
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the gate was changed three times and we missed our flight"

(Costa Rica)

Trip Verified | I can’t blame the staff necessarily but the gate was changed three times and we missed our flight because there was no announcement message sent and they didn’t update the board to show the new flight change, on our connecting flight we all went to the gate on our ticket and when we got there they said oh no the gate was changed and it was over a kilometre away to the other side of the Panamanian airport, we got there 15 minutes before the flight was supposed to leave but they already had the doors closed and said because everyone had boarded, they were going to leave early and sorry once we close the doors we can’t let you in. Because we missed our flight we missed our pick up ride that was prepaid and our first reservation for the trip.
RoutePanama City to Medellín
Date FlownJune 2022

"never fly with this airline again"

Trip Verified | The staff at Panama Airport lost or stole one of the items I was forced to check in. They charged me $50 US to check in a skateboard with no metal and no wheels on it. This was a gift for my son. When I got home I filed a claim with the company website which said I would receive a reply ‘within 25 days’ (?). The company representative that I finally reached could not find any scans of this item, meaning that it was not scanned at the point of origin and that it was stolen. I will never fly with this airline again. Pay the extra money and fly with a better airline or take a picture of the staff that checks your bags in case you suffer the same fate as I did.
RoutePanama City to Las Vegas
Date FlownJune 2022

"gave me the last row seat in the middle"

Trip Verified | I paid seat selection but they did not allow me to select my seat. They gave me the last row seat in the middle, for me that is the worst seat ever and I did not have a say. Also the food is not good and the entertainment on board is very limited.
RouteToronto to Lima via Panama
Date FlownMay 2022

"No amount of pleading with the staff would change anything"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | I paid extra for all my four flights on COPA to have the Exit row seat 17A for the extra legroom. At Panama airport, upon boarding March 1st to Toronto, the ticket agent ran after me and gave me a different boarding pass, putting me into an awkward, painful middle seat 7B (which is not in my listed preferences). No amount of pleading with the staff would change anything. I questioned the man sitting in my 17A seat and he said that he also paid for that seat online. So obviously I was unceremoniously bumped due to double booking by COPA. Such practices should be illegal. The problems they cause do not help the airline's reputation! Then, my backpack could not be stowed because all the overhead bins were full and it ended up being thrown in cargo and sent on the conveyors to Carousel 12 at YYZ, and it was damaged as well. I was absolutely livid at such cavalier abuse of an old man. I completed a post-flight survey with my complaint but have received no satisfactory response to date. I am a 220 lb 72 year-old great-grandfather who endured an awful, painful flight for 6 hours in a middle seat at the hands of COPA. I have since been in touch with COPA Customer Service (that's a joke) who refunded me $26.25 and offered a $50 travel voucher only good for one year. As if I would ever fly with them again if there were other alternatives.
RouteCali to Toronto via Panama City
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Impersonal service"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | On time performance. Seat / sleep comfort affected by the narrow feet rest area. Impersonal service with generic food. Poor amenity kit. Loud advertising running in a continuous loop until take off, not taking in account the late departure time in the night. Good IFE with terrible outdated film choices. Mediocre headphones.
RouteSan {Paulo to Quito via Panama City