Caribbean Airlines

"will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | I had to cancel my flight; it was a flex ticket. They charge you a $50 fee and the refund take at least 9 months to get your money back. This is ridiculous, I will never fly with them again.
RouteTrinidad and Tobago to Havana
Date FlownAugust 2022

"cancel flights without notice"

Not Verified | This airline cancelled my roundtrip flight that I paid almost $800 USD for and refused to reimburse me! They cancel flights without notice so you will get to the airport and that's when you know it's been cancelled. Their workers were so dismissive and did not want to help me by even putting me on the next flight like any other airline would have. They also have the oldest, slowest and most outdated systems you could ever imagine. The slowest lines, no online customer service chat, no self-check-in? They left me stranded in New York. I cried because I could not afford another ticket at the prices they were telling me. I had to buy a ticket through another airline to go home.
RouteKingston to New York
Date FlownJuly 2022

"my trip exceeded expectations"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Trip Verified | Was originally due to travel in March 2022, but, tested positive for Covid19. Caribbean Airlines differed my ticket to a later date, at no cost. When I was ready to fly in May 2022, the call centre was able to rebook quite simply. I used the opportunity to upgrade my ticket to Business Class which the agent did over the phone, simple transaction. I use the APP for all my Flight Management with regard to seats, meal requests etc.. BW600/26JUN POS/YYZ operated on-time. It was my first time using the new B737 MAX8 and was really impressed with the comfort of the cabin. The ergonomics of the seat made for a super comfortable 6hr flight. The IFE is a big improvement on this aircraft and the aesthetic of the cabin is also very mod looking. Once of the highlights of this flight was the ability to pre-order a meal. In this case, it was the Stewed Chicken with Macaroni Pie, Callaloo, Fried Plantain. A full on Sunday lunch on a Thursday night, LOL. Food was a generous amount and very tasty. Upon arrival in YYZ, I was expecting delays exiting the aircraft and getting thru Immigration and Customs. News of lengthy delays preceded my trip, but, it was actually very easy. BW607/09JUN YYZ/POS via GEO. Another on-time departure, early in fact. I opted for this flight via GEO because I preferred a daytime flight vs the red-eye which operates non-stop YYZ/POS, no regrets. Had a nice late breakfast in the lounge at Pearson and then a another delicious pre-ordered meal as we took off towards Guyana. This time, I ordered the Curry Chicken (or Chicken Curry) with Dhal and Rice. It was also a very generous amount and very tasty. Great flight down into the Southern Caribbean. The crew: On both flights, my cabin crew were amazing. They really do stand out from crews on other airlines in my opinion. They are warm and compassionate and their service is graceful. Extremely professional. Overall, my trip with Caribbean Airlines exceeded expectations and look forward to flying with them again soon. I always feel that I have already arrived home when I step aboard a Caribbean Airlines flight, no matter which gateway destination, I'm at.
AircraftBoeing 737 MAX8
RoutePort of Spain to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2022

"not be using this airline ever again"

Not Verified | I bought a ticket to SVG and for the reason that my son lost his job, he cancelled that, and then rebook when he was told it takes 6- 9 month to get back his refund which was less than half. Caribbean Airlines takes 6-9 months to refund money but he had to pay 250$ to rebook. This is high class robbery. I will not be using this airline ever again.
RouteToronto to Trinidad
Date FlownApril 2022

"This is disrespectful and fraudulent"

Trip Verified | A ticket was purchased for January 2, 2021 to leave from Havana, Cuba. Unfortunately the government of Cuba shut down all flights. In May of 2021 we requested a refund since it was apparent that only flights financially benefiting the Cuban government would be leaving Cuba. Caribbean Airlines did advise it would take up to 5-6 months to process the refund. We are now almost to a year with no refund. When I contact the refund department of Caribbean Airlines they send an auto email that someone will call within 48 hours. Of course no one calls. When I call the customer service line then I get put on hold multiple times then always eventually a disconnected line every single time. This is disrespectful and fraudulent. I want my money returned!
RouteHavana to Georgetown
Date FlownMay 2021

"went above and beyond"

Not Verified | Staff was very helpful, did not have a acceptance pass to enter my home land of Trinidad and Tobago after traveling 200 miles from Boston MA for a funeral my mon and brothers was stuck missing one acceptance letter and not being able to board due to the letter Mr. Willcott at the ticket center went above and beyond and helped find the missing travel pass. He made things happen for us.
RouteNew York to Trinidad and Tobago
Date FlownOctober 2021

"refund process will take a minimum of 9 months"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Trip Verified | Cancelled a return flight purchased through Caribbean Airlines. It was a FLEX/economy flight which states it's 100% refundable. But of course, you must read the fine print which says there is a USD$50 processing fee. The refund process will take a minimum of 9 months. I can see other people leaving reviews are still waiting on their refunds. Basically, you are paying them to sit on your money for 9+ months. If customer service was better and explained why it was so ridiculous, this would have been a better experience but of course, it was terrible. They were extremely short and rude. Unfortunately, CAL is the only airline flying to Trinidad & Tobago. As soon as any other airlines start flying to Trinidad & Tobago, fly with them instead.
RouteToronto to Port of Spain
Date FlownAugust 2021

"not yet received my refund"

Not Verified | I was supposed to fly on Caribbean Airlines in October 2020 to Kingston. However Caribbean airlines cancelled my flight and wanted to put me on another flight 14 hours later. This was not convenient for the purpose of my travel so I told them that that flight would not suffice. They told me it could take “up to ninety business days for a refund”. It is now seven months since September 30, 2020 and I have not yet received my refund of $493. I have contacted the airlines at least five times now. I have contacted Expedia. I have contacted BBB and I have even written an email to the CEO of the airlines. All they are telling me is that my refund was submitted to the refund department.
RouteNew York to Kingston
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"nothing to credit or refund me"

Trip Verified | This airline cancelled my flight due to COVID in March 2020 and is now refusing to issue me a refund or a credit. The customer service rep was incredibly rude to me over the phone. When I asked to be transferred to speak with someone else, she hung up on me. $700 on a flight and they can do absolutely nothing to credit or refund me. Very disappointing, especially because we are repeat customers.
RouteNew York to Montego Bay
Date FlownApril 2020

"one year later and still no refund and lies, lies, lies"

Trip Verified | I paid for my ticket in February 2020 but because of Covid my flight got cancelled. I applied for a refund because my Father received a refund for the same Day returning flight. It is now February 14, 2021, a year later and all I have heard is excuses and lies! They even had the nerve to block me on Facebook rather than issue a refund. They even said a refund was issued and after 14 days said it never was and I should receive it soon, one year later and still no refund and lies, lies, lies. So disappointed in my Caribbean Airlines position in this matter.
RouteToronto to Trinidad