Top 100 Airlines

Xi'an Airport

"airport very cold"

(China)

Airport very cold. No restaurant, no coffee shop and no drinks machine. 1 smoking area very far from from the gate. The announcements are not understandable. Very bad experience.
Date VisitOctober 2015

(China)

Flight from Xi'an to Beijing. T3 is huge but only few entertainment facilities and shops. A long queue in security check only 6 passageways are available. Staff in security check are rude and impolite. After the security check my paper bag was broken and no any staff apologized for it. The toilets are extremely dirty. Very bad experience and I will not go to Xianyang airport anymore.

Xi'an Airport customer review

I departed on 16th April 2014 and was lucky to make my flight. I was part of a tour group and as there were many groups trying to leave at the same time and not enough check in staff to process the travelers I made my flight with 3 minutes to spare.

Xi'an Airport customer review

Last time I was in Xi'an Xianyang airport was in 2011. I have visited many times before. There was always a Scrum outside the airport building for tickets and to board the airport buses for downtown. Returned this year 2013 a lot has changed with the airport and getting tickets for the buses. You now go to a ticket booth inside the building. Then a waiting room for your respective bus. What an improvement!

Xi'an Airport customer review

Domestic flight to Chengdu. Check-In OK and Security quick. Interestingly no need to remove laptops or belts for scanning but 100ml fluid requirement enforced. Airside a new "wing" has been built and some gates are quite a walk from the Security Check Area. Very difficult to find Departure Gate information once airside no screens as you enter and despite lots of TV screens with advertising very few with the actual flight information. Reasonable signs showing which direction each gate is. A reasonable selection of typical airport shops offering the usual variety of gifts alcohol cigarettes and snacks. Overall airport clean and tidy.

Xi'an Airport customer review

Went through there domestically June 10 and June 12. Everything seemed to work the airside men's rooms left something to be desired. All else worked including the air-conditioning.

Xi'an Airport customer review

I've been though both international and domestic terminals. The ground staff are very efficient I have to say. It looks like the ground handing agents are China Eastern Airline and Xianyang airport. However there is one thing I don't really like which is the VIP lounges are on the other side of the main terminal. Last time when I was travelling from XIY to AKL I went to the on the VIP lounge it was very inconvenient. What I mean is you can't check your bags in at VIP lounges and staffs in VIP lounge are not friendly at all I hope this is not a Chinese thing.

Xi'an Airport customer review

The new airport is very clean and very efficient though a bit oversized and dull. They even have something of a tax-free section. The prices are quite high though. Overall a pleasant airport to spare some hours.

Xi'an Airport customer review

I travelled through Xian Airport on a 2 day side trip from Beijing from 11th to 13th March. The airport is new and impressive. I've travelled through about 40 airports worldwide and after quickly retrieving my bag from the luggage carousel the staff at Xian Airport were the first to check my receipt against the baggage tag. I'm not sure whether this is down to their efficiency or to the fact that the wrong bags have been taken in the past. Whatever the reason it was reassuring. I wish other airports would be as vigilant. There are numerous shuttle buses into the city available from the Arrivals area but I shared a taxi with a very hard bargaining Chinese lady who beat the taxi driver down to 100 yuan. (I'd expected to have to pay more than that on my own). I used the same taxi driver for the return trip at a previously agreed price of 80 yuan. The Departures Area is modern and clean. There's a reasonable restaurant and a few shops before security and some more shops airside. PA announcements are in Mandarin and English and are clear and frequent. It was a pleasure to travel through Xian Airport.