Vote Now

Wroclaw Airport

"woefully embarrassing experience"

Arrival to Wroclaw Airport was fine I pre booked my airport assistance and he was there when the aircraft landed got me through passport control and out to me my booked taxi. It was on my departure that I experienced very very poor service (I have used the very twice for good reason). It was 04:00 and we waited until 04:35 for the check-in to open to deposit our case. We also had a walking frame on wheels for me and my pair of crutches. On putting the case on the belt I was told that it was over 15kgs. I explained that I had in fact paid for 2 pieces of luggage one at 15 kgs and another at 20 Kgs the check-in clerk still was trying to charge me for the case which weighed in at 20 kgs. The staff would not have it that I had paid for two cases but was only checking in one piece. Her colleague reiterated that she must charge us and I asked to see the manager who arrived and was incredulous that the clerk was trying to charge for a piece of luggage that was already paid for and that was clearly on her screen as being prepaid. That hurdle over next was my walking frame and crutches I was told that I had to take both through security which is odd because at airports the walking frame usually goes via extra large luggage portals. Never mind I went to security and of course it would not fit through the scanner no matter which way they tried. This was not my fault although I was made to feel that it was my fault lots of dirty looks etc and so on and so forth. Then came the body check - I will always set off the alarms at I have replacement hips and knee. The alarm went off and without asking I was then ordered to remove a cardigan (I had already removed my coat) I was then asked to take my hair down as I had it on top in a bun and remove all hair clips at no time was I given the opportunity to explain about my metal joints and once again I was made to feel guilty for the walker not going through the scanner. The treatment of a disabled person in Wroclaw airport is nothing short of scandalous the security. Do not get me wrong I support everything they do and what they are trying to achieve to keep us safe but really did I deserve such a woefully embarrassing experience - I think not. For sure I will not be returning to Wroclaw again.
Date VisitDecember 2016

(Poland)

I've been to Wroclaw Airport 4 times. It's fast, convenient, beautiful airport, doesn't matter if it is arrival or departure. The variety of shops and restaurants is adequate and the prices are normal airport prices. A very clean terminal that is one of the prettiest terminals I've been to. Toilets are very clean. Only problem is absence of air conditioning in buses between terminal and airplane, it's very disappointing and uncomfortable in summer.
Date VisitAugust 2015

(Poland)

I travelled all around the world. I saw many regional airports. Wroclaw/Breslau was excellent. Everything went quickly. Staff were really helpful no queues. Brilliant seats before departure. No problem with luggage. One minus - no good access to the city transport. You must take a taxi to drive to the center.

Wroclaw Airport customer review

Flew Lufthansa Business Class Wroclaw-Frankfurt-London on 10th April. Just like to tell everyone what a great experience it was! I was met just after security and taken in to a lovely VIP room and was looking after (with my two travelling colleagues) by some really nice ladies who gave us snacks and drinks. Then when came to flying got chauffeur driven in Jaguar's to the plane individually. Well done Lufthansa and Wroclaw- this is the way to impress a customer!

Wroclaw Airport customer review

Superb airport. Lots of parking space free drop off very clean with loads of comfortable seating. Bit of a design flaw in baggage hall - toilets are too small - arrived on Lufthansa flight at the same time as few cheap airlines - around 300 pax in baggage hall and gents toilets with 2 cubicles only massive queues. Apart from that great experience.

Wroclaw Airport customer review

The terminal building is brand new and really functionally designed. It's very bright and clean. There are cafes shops and even free Wi-Fi. The queuing time was really short.

(Poland)

I flew from Wroclaw Airport few times. Before March 2012 all operations was only in old terminal which was small but it was quite good. New terminal is very big modern clean; and has many shops restaurants and comfortable chaise lounges.

Wroclaw Airport customer review

MAN-MUC-WRO-MUC-MAN - July 29th 2012. Arrived on Dash 8 with bendy bus to the new (opened Feb 2012) terminal. Quick entry and Baggage Reclaim. The airport is brand new all on one level with Departures at one end and Arrivals at the other end. The usual selection of shops car rental and other shops. Short Term car park directly opposite the terminal building. The Check-in was very quick as was the Security check. The Airside facilities are pretty good with the usual selection of shops and eating/drinking places which look out over the apron and the 6 air bridges for the larger planes. Overall a good experience.

(Poland)

The airport is easily approachable by bus from the city centre. It is hard to get to the airport from the A4 motorway because of poor visibility of signs it's easy to lose the right way! The road that leads directly to the airport is still full of ditches that you can break your car on despite so much work on roads taking place in Wroclaw in the recent years... The airport as such is a small one with only a few planes departing/arriving per day. Therefore it is easy to find the right gate for check-in etc. Airport staff is okay although once I was treated in a bad manner by a lady at the information desk. It seems they do not accept passangers having problems when traveling for the first time by air. Unfortunately you will probably be bussed to the aircraft everytime you depart from WRO.

Wroclaw Airport customer review

STN-WRO-STN in Economy. Would rather fly from here than Warsaw whenever possible. Good bus service into town. A small regional airport yet seemed to have equal or possibly even better facilities before security than Poland's largest airport had at the time. Less than 10 minutes to pass through security despite several flights being called at around the same time. Completely stress-free unlike WAW. Poor facilities after security however - uncomfortable seating and just a small selection of overpriced kiosks. But at least it's reasonably tidy and with clean toilets (unlike the abominable Warsaw Etiuda terminal).