Tel Aviv Airport

"manager was extremely rude"

Trip Verified | My flight to Barcelona was canceled because of the technical problem (2.04.2018). Since I have a connection flight I was seeking for help from airport staff including, information desk, ticket office, staff at the gate. Unfortunately, I did not find any help! The manager was extremely rude, she talked to me in absolutely unacceptable manner. I do not understand how you can employ people with this attitude to the job!
Date VisitApril 2018

"fairly well marked"

Not Verified | As a frequent business traveler I find the airport to be one of the easiest to check-in, clear security and go through immigration. I was dropped off, went to the business counter for Lufthansa and 20 minutes later I was in the poorest run business lounges I have ever had the displeasure to be in. But this is about the airport - easy to get around, light and spacious, fairly well marked and fairly friendly staff. There were lines for economy class for almost all airlines, but for business class I just went straight to the counter. Can't say the staff were friendly, fairly cold and efficient, but I'll take that over friendly, happy and incompetent staff!
Date VisitMarch 2018

"cannot praise him enough"

Trip Verified | As I have mobility problems I needed wheelchair assistance on the 5th March when I arrived from Eilat on my way home to the UK via Tel Aviv. My flight arrived at terminal 1 but I was transported to terminal 3 with the ambulift. However my flight went from terminal 1 and I had no way of getting back there on my own. The assistance gentleman went above and beyond his duty to care for me and to escort me in a wheelchair, with my suitcase, by shuttle bus to the right terminal. He then saw me through security and notified the check in desk that I needed help when the time came for me to check in for my ongoing flight. I cannot praise him enough.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Not a great advert for the country"

Trip Verified | We landed at Ben Gurion Airport at 17.30. We then waited for nearly two hours to clear immigration. The staff were slow and couldn't care less. I left like an Irish immigrant arriving in New York about 100 years ago. I travelled to China last year and they were much more friendly and efficient. Not a great advert for the country.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"It was a very civilized experience"

Trip Verified | I found the airport very easy to use. On arrival, at passport control, passports are not stamped, instead a small computer print out is issued which I then inserted into a scanning machine that let a turnstile open to let me into the baggage claim area. With no checked bags, I walked out and helpful information counter assistants gave me directions to an ATM machine and choices of transportation. I withdrew shekels using my home country issued ATM card. Shared taxis (called sheerut) were outside the departure section with their drivers asking exiting passengers their destination. The sheeruts wait for their minibuses to fill before they leave. I took a taxi instead - nearly four times more expensive though! Departing Tel-Aviv, I was prepared for the gauntlet of security barriers. A mile or so before the terminal, at a check-point, the taxi was stopped and a female guard asked to see my passport. At the terminal, I used the machine to print out my boarding card. Before going into immigration section, I was directed to an area for security questioning where two pleasant, young looking women asked me questions about myself - my name, my traditions, how did I come to airport, whether someone had given me anything to carry - and a sticker was put on the back of the passport. In the section with immigration officers, there were many automatic passport readers, one of which I used and similar to arrivals, a computerized printout was issued which I inserted into a gate and, voila, I was inside for security screening. Security staff were very helpful in managing the flow of passengers going through the x-ray machines. I did not have to take off shoes or belts or take out the liquids. It was a very civilized experience. The central hall of the departure lounge is high and round with variety of stores (similar to what you see at many airports or big cities) and eating places. Gave me the chance to spend my remaining shekels, Directions to the gates were easy to find and read. Printed directions were in Arabic, Hebrew, and English. Lots of chairs. The departure gate had been organized into sections for different boarding groups -- so it was not a free-for-all when boarding began. In sum, it was a very civilized exit from the country with no need to wait in line for a passport officer to stamp your document!
Date VisitDecember 2017

"one of my best airport experiences"

Trip Verified | I had read and been told the worst things about security measures and screening at this airport, so I had rehearsed and armed myself with lots of patience, expecting the worse. I must have had some luck though, since, first of all, I was travelling with carry-on luggage only, so I avoided the check-in or drop-off procedure (I had printed my boarding pass before arrival) so I headed directly to the boarding area. There is a special lane for business class passengers as well as those travelling with carry-on only, where I cleared security in less than 3 minutes. I was politely asked two basic security questions and unlike EU airports, did not even have to take out of my luggage liquids or tablets! Passport control was the same breeze (there is probably slightly less traffic on shabbat). The waiting area is spacious with some rather good food options. Surprisingly one of my best airport experiences!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"the most inefficient airport"

Verified Review | This is the most inefficient airport in terms of security and screening. I have been going through this for 2 hours! And it's not over. On top of that I am traveling with a senior citizen who doesn't speak Hebrew or English and they split us in two different security lines. What need is there to make a senior citizen uncomfortable when she is coming to your county to spend money on tourism.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"Security and customs are a nightmare"

(Colombia)

Verified Review | The airport itself is very nice, modern, clean and good shopping. Toilet facilites are good, good restaurants and a nice smoking area in the bar. Security and customs are a nightmare. Crack a joke and you will end up in a tiny room for 3 hours while beieng investigated. Be sure not to arrive before chekiking in, or you will be questioned and investigated.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"one of the worst airport arrival experiences"

Verified Review | This really was one of the worst airport arrival experiences (and I have experienced hundreds including chaotic ones such as Dehli). There was a huge swell of a crowd which eventually had to narrow to the seven cubicles which were open to foreigners of the about thirty there. No officers were there to inform of the likely time or to ensure an orderly progression and of course as we milled forward the sixty or so wide crowd had to scrum into the seven (dual) lanes. I think we were luckier than many of the poor people way behind us which joined later and we only spent an hour in the shuffle. Really was expecting something that was at least half-organised. A most disappointing introduction to a wonderful country.
Date VisitMay 2017

"departure is an equal mess"

The passport control has huge lines on arrival. They really need to work on getting that time shorter and reducing the crowds. The VAT refund on departure is an equal mess as we had to go from one place to the next and walk for such a long time to finally get the 20$ and 15% of which they will hold back as commission.
Date VisitMay 2017