Sydney Airport

"what a confusing and frustrating experience"

Unverified | Had to collect my partner from the airport at 6 am today what a confusing and frustrating experience. I was directed up to level 1 where there was no space, I couldn't go up, it was blocked with cones and the only way down was to exit. I went round the perimeter and back in to a 15 min limit. Inside I looked for flight info unlike other airports where there are clear large boards, I had to search, I found a small group of 4 screens one not working, the one I needed, so went to B arrivals a lucky guess, the whole place seem dirty and unfriendly. As is the experience when arriving as a passenger.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"worst airport experience"

Verified Review | Worst airport experience. 30 minute traffic jam due to one lane to drop off family members blocking all routes, high parking fees to pick up. I am picking up my daughter and 15 minutes free waiting time is a joke designed to extort parking fees off customers. The same one lane entrance to drop off passengers has been in place for 70 years so no change.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"Immigration was a breeze"

Verified Review | My mother needed wheelchair access and this service was excellent with really friendly staff and allowed the more mobile within our group to go through together. One even allowed us to make a call on her mobile because we needed to contact my aunt who was meeting us. Baggage delivery was very prompt - the bags were awaiting collection by the time we got through Immigration. Immigration was a breeze using the electronic scanning facility. Customs was also a breeze (despite what you see on the Border Security TV programme). On our departure from Sydney, I was randomly checked for explosives - this was handled very well. Glad they undertake this - not had this before on my many journey. Marked down on Food and Beverage as it was expensive.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"not a good look Sydney airport"

Unverified | On arriving last night from Auckland I went to the first available toilet in the airport prior to immigration screening and was, once again, shocked by the state of the toilets in general - in particular every toilet bowl was dirty (looked liked the toilets had not been cleaned for days). Together with toilet paper strewn all over the floors, dirty and stained tiles in the stalls, stained toilet seats - altogether a very unpleasant, third world experience. This was also the experience I found when arriving once again from Auckland in February 2017 - I thought it may be a one-off experience and there might have been a reason (cleaners strike?) so passed it off. Apparently this appears to be the norm - which is very embarrassing for Australians in general as international travellers are seeing this as their first experience to the country. Last night people were queuing up to use one or two toilets that were not as filthy rather than use the dirty ones - not a good look Sydney airport - time to lift your game and pay cleaners who do a decent job.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"Absolutely the worst airport"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Absolutely the worst airport on the planet. 6 out of 6 visits. Everytime there is a delay for arrivals and departure. We missed our connecting flight because the plane did not have a free gate to go to. So we waited on the tarmac for half an hour. Now I am trying to depart but it's late because the plane is probably can't get to the gate!

"Well done Sydney"

Verified Review | Arrived on SQ241 from Singapore, we were sitting in row 53. Wheels touched down on the runway at 16.10. We left the plane and went through the electronic passport readers. When we reached the baggage collection our suitcase was already on the carousel. We headed through Customs for the airport hotel which is over the road from the terminal. We entered our room at 16.40. Well done Sydney.

"really needed to hurry"

We flew Air NZ61 from Rarotonga to Sydney. Due to bad weather our flight was prevented from landing for about 30 min. We were picked up by ground staff as my husband needed a wheelchair. Our Virgin flight to Melbourne was at 10 pm. We had a speedy pick up of luggage, immigration and customs checks. We really needed to hurry. The lady took us to the bus stop and dropped us at the disabled access. The only problem was there were no busses at that time. If she would have taken us to the train we might have made it. You would think that ground staff that assist people in wheelchairs would know the timetable and not just dump people.
Date VisitJune 2017

"they leave a bad impression"

Verified Review | How times change. In 1983 I found Sydney airport toilets clean and fresh, and Indian airport toilets an "experience". Now I find Indian airport toilets clean and fresh, and Sydney airport toilets tired and not that clean. The toilets in domestic really need to be freshened up, they leave a bad impression.
Date VisitJune 2017

"an amazingly quick process"

Verified Review | For such a busy airport an amazingly quick process. Arrived at 10.30 at Virgin terminal for noon departure. Entered through priority entrance 15 steps out of Uber (skyteam elite plus/ VA gold or platinum ) exactly one person in front of me. Boarding pass and x-ray machine combined under 1 minute. Nice lounge as well. Gate 6 within 5 minutes from lounge. I wonder if all visitors know about this fantastic elite feature.
Date VisitMay 2017

"gate signs were misleading"

(Italy)

I had an international flight from Brisbane to Venice via Sydney. Once arrived at Sydney domestic terminal, I had no idea how to get to international terminal, I asked a few people, and they informed me that there was a transfer bus or train which I had to pay for - $6 for a 5 minute trip, daylight robbery. Where normally in all airports around the world have free transfers. Once I worked out where the transfer bus stop was and paid for it, I was panicking that I would miss my flight. Once at the international terminal, the gate signs were misleading, had to ask 2 people which way were gates 50-63, it took me 15 minutes to walk fast to gate 61, with the staff urging me to hurry and being paged, I arrived on board so stressed. This is a huge disservice to guests travelling internationally and I hope never to fly from Sydney airport again. This awful experience has left me very angry and appalled.
Date VisitApril 2017