Sharjah Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (Kuwait) 28th May 2013

As I am currently living in Kuwait I fly regularly to Dubai for a short get away. I have never considered flying to Sharjah but when I realised how much cheaper the flights were and that Sharjah was a short distance away from Dubai I decided to give it a try. The airline I normally chose to fly Dubai takes us to Terminal 2. There is very little in T2 so I was pleasantly surprised that Sharjah airport outshone T2. Although Sharjah is dry you can buy alcohol from the duty free. Also on the return you can also buy it from some of the eateries! From deplaning to passport control it was very quick with no queues - staff are surely but it's the same in Kuwait and Dubai. When we returned to the airport for our departure we were able to use the self service check-ins as we only travelled with hand luggage so no queues. Then a short queue to passport control. All in all an enjoyable experience and I would definitely use Sharjah again.

Review by (India) 11th August 2011

After having flown to airports like IGI and Changi Sharjah airport definitely seems mismanaged. Rude staff dirty toilets and bad directions do not help but add to the woes. Immigration check takes a long time to clear considering the staff working there the IRIS scan counters function no differently. One of the worst airports I have flown to.

Review by 20th October 2010

Every time I come at this airport it is getting worse especially about cleanliness. The public bus going to Dubai has been cancelled making it difficult to reach Al-Rashidiya in Dubai for a fair amount of money. This airport is loosing its standard rapidly.

Review by 26th January 2009

Services in Sharjah have got better over the years. The money coming from Air Arabia flights must be filtering down to the airport slowly. Check-in gates are plentiful although I can imagine them being very crowded and chaotic if there are many flight departing at the same time. The departure lounge is nothing special. The new extension is nice to sit in there aren't many shops but they have opened a new food court. I truly believe Sharjah has the most horrific toilets of any airport I have been in. Extremely unclean and smells all the way to that area of the terminal. If it weren't for the airline there is little reason to be here.

Review by 11th April 2008

The staff are useless and rude. The staff do not speak English and the services are totally mismanaged. I had to spend 4 hours after a one hour flight to just get my visit visa processed. I was pushed from counter to counter and the staff and security person were non co-operative and were rude and arrogant. I have used many of the airports in India and Africa but non as bad as this! My sincere advice is that if you have the slightest chance of avoiding this airport please do so!

Review by 29th January 2006

I have used a Sharjah a few times over the last few years. It is quite old but a new terminal is under construction. The duty free shop is quite good and the business lounge very good. The other areas suffer from people smoking. Sharjah takes flights from smaller airlines and is only 30 minutes by taxi from Dubai. Avis will do one way rentals too.