Top 100 Airlines

Paris Orly Airport

"public transportation is less convenient"

(China)

Paris Orly is a medium-sized second airport of the French capital serving some international routes but not inter-continental longhaul flights. The shorter travel distance to town appeals to some, but public transportation is less convenient (except its shorter route for using a taxi) then to CDG, being served by airbus and one public bus route, but the faster and more reliable train service here is a light rail that necessitates change if using the metro. It is my choice if I go to the southern part of Paris such as Montparnasse. I fly frequently between Paris and London and I have a choice between CDG and ORY. But CDG is the choice if you have an international connection, as most international flights go to CDG,
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"retro-charm about it"

Having used Paris CDG a few times and found it terrible I was really impressed by my transit at Orly West. The airport is easy to navigate; the transit on City Jet to Air France was smooth returning, on the way out I missed my connection due to a late inbound flight but the staff at Air France were brilliant in sorting me out. I wonder if this is a cultural thing at Orly, because it does serve as a contrast to CDG where I have generally found Air France staff less helpful? Orly also had a kind of retro-charm about it.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"crowded for a such small airport"

Crowded for a such small airport. Nice location close to Paris. Quite messy and rather untidy. Security staff are not of the kindest type however it is often the case. Orly West seems better that Orly South. Shops and duty frees have improved in the past years.
Date VisitDecember 2015

Paris Orly Airport customer review

More than 30 minutes queuing just to get my passport checked, while some customs staff were just waiting doing nothing.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Paris Orly Airport customer review

Departure lounge very hot and crowded (in April) so will get worse I think. At check inwe were told to board at 2 - 'please be on time as your on a shuttle bus' 1.30 told to board. 1.35 announcement 'gate is closing'. Rushed to gate - got on bus at 1.40. Sat on bus in the hot sun until 2.25. (take-off was supposed to be 2.35). An airport official came on the bus looking for some missing passengers. Got no information/explanation/ apology as to why we were kept on the bus - took off about 15 mins late. Got no 'sorry we've messed you about etc' message from anybody.

(Portugal)

Very few entrance points from the street into the terminal at the South Terminal. Bad security checkpoint service. Staff courtesy very low. Speaker announcements at the gate were all in French no English translation.

(Portugal)

I have occasion recently to use Orly SUD and found the experience uneventful. Is true that some areas make us remember the seventies as departures hall and the company check in counters in the ground floor and the signage in that area need some improvement but after you make way to the departures area on the first floor things start to look better. Security is strict but fast flowing and they have a decent amount of shops restoration areas and seating at the gates with plenty of places to recharge your phone or laptop and all that area looks new. The arrival at that airport was also a painless and fast experience.

Paris Orly Airport customer review

I found this airport really annoying and without sense. I travel a lot and I have never seen a VIP lounge situated before security. The whole point of the lounge is to go through all formalities and wait for flight in relaxing atmosphere until boarding time. But no here you have to leave the lounge super early in case there is a queue for the security. Plus if your flight is delayed you wouldn't be able to come back.

Paris Orly Airport customer review

Have used this airport three times in the past month. I can't speak for the South terminal but the West terminal is very nice and the staff were much friendlier than their counterparts at CDG. My only complaint is how expensive it is to use Orlyval. I'll try to use the bus in the future.

Paris Orly Airport customer review

I may have been lucky here (and I speak some French) but I've always found the attitude of the staff at Orly to be very pleasant and friendly in total contrast to the rude and gloomy staff at CDG. Orly is small enough to get around easily the layout is simple enough and I've never had trouble getting a seat in departures. The check-ins can be quite nasty though and that needs work. I make an effort to try and fly from and to here rather than CDG. As someone remarked on here previously it's a bit quirky but I like that about it.