Paris Orly Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (France)

More than 30 minutes queuing just to get my passport checked, while some customs staff were just waiting doing nothing.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

Departure lounge very hot and crowded (in April) so will get worse I think. At check inwe were told to board at 2 - 'please be on time as your on a shuttle bus' 1.30 told to board. 1.35 announcement 'gate is closing'. Rushed to gate - got on bus at 1.40. Sat on bus in the hot sun until 2.25. (take-off was supposed to be 2.35). An airport official came on the bus looking for some missing passengers. Got no information/explanation/ apology as to why we were kept on the bus - took off about 15 mins late. Got no 'sorry we've messed you about etc' message from anybody.

Review by (Portugal)

Very few entrance points from the street into the terminal at the South Terminal. Bad security checkpoint service. Staff courtesy very low. Speaker announcements at the gate were all in French no English translation.

Review by (Portugal)

I have occasion recently to use Orly SUD and found the experience uneventful. Is true that some areas make us remember the seventies as departures hall and the company check in counters in the ground floor and the signage in that area need some improvement but after you make way to the departures area on the first floor things start to look better. Security is strict but fast flowing and they have a decent amount of shops restoration areas and seating at the gates with plenty of places to recharge your phone or laptop and all that area looks new. The arrival at that airport was also a painless and fast experience.

Review by (United Kingdom)

I found this airport really annoying and without sense. I travel a lot and I have never seen a VIP lounge situated before security. The whole point of the lounge is to go through all formalities and wait for flight in relaxing atmosphere until boarding time. But no here you have to leave the lounge super early in case there is a queue for the security. Plus if your flight is delayed you wouldn't be able to come back.

Review by (France)

Have used this airport three times in the past month. I can't speak for the South terminal but the West terminal is very nice and the staff were much friendlier than their counterparts at CDG. My only complaint is how expensive it is to use Orlyval. I'll try to use the bus in the future.

Review by (France)

I may have been lucky here (and I speak some French) but I've always found the attitude of the staff at Orly to be very pleasant and friendly in total contrast to the rude and gloomy staff at CDG. Orly is small enough to get around easily the layout is simple enough and I've never had trouble getting a seat in departures. The check-ins can be quite nasty though and that needs work. I make an effort to try and fly from and to here rather than CDG. As someone remarked on here previously it's a bit quirky but I like that about it.

Paris Orly Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

Anything but the madness of CDG makes Orly a breeze to deal with. Yes it is a bit quirky but maybe we were just lucky. Mid week mid morning so it was not all that busy. We had our questions answered about what to do and where to go to check in as the signage is not very clear. Once we checked our bags made it through security and found our gate it was all fine. Orly is not a modern airport and definitely has a 1970's feel about it but the bottom line was that it worked for us. Bought a few drinks while waiting and enjoyed some relaxing time before our flight. I could see where it could get crowded with more flights coming our going than what we experienced but it worked very well for us.

Paris Orly Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

I came here and missed my flight - which was my own fault - but the staff were extremely unhelpful had a poor grasp of English and generally made my panic worse. The airport itself is confusing I wasn't sure where to find my airline's representative and checking luggage was a nightmare. The food options seem to be Starbucks and a French bakery although that could just be the terminal I was in. I ended up booking another flight from CDG and taking a taxi from Orly to there. Basically if you have the choice to go here or CDG I would suggest CDG hands down.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Departed from this airport today. The level of amenities on the public side of the airport was good however this was in stark contrast to what was available air-side where there wasn't even enough seats for passengers in the lounge area. This would not be a good airport to be in if there were significant flight delays or cancellations. The airport's layout is haphazard and insufficient signage made finding the online check-in confirmation difficult. Staff were unhelpful and rude and the queue waiting time for passport control was one of the longest I have experienced. There were two queues and two desks open for passport control. Often delays were created because security clearance was taking place directly behind leading to bottlenecks and people waited to pass from one stage to the next. It was clear it was the result of very poor layout which could be quite easily addressed if the design was modernised. Prior to the flight the boarding gate was changed by way of an announcement however the electronic boards were not updated. Similarly the boards were not updated to say the flight was boarding. As a result of all of these factors the flight was delayed and the cabin crew very forced to apologise to staff for the airports inefficiencies. In future I will not be flying from this airport again it lacks the efficiency to process passengers effectively.