Orlando Airport

"at least be somewhat friendly"

Not Verified | Unpleasant security line experience. We were taking a 6am flight on Sunday and found ourselves in front of a huge line of travelers one hour ahead of the departure time. While it was our problem to not arrive earlier, I approached a mid-aged male staff guiding the traffic, asking if there is an express line for people with less than 30 minutes to departure, so that we can be prepared if we couldn't make it in time. First, upon seeing me approaching, the male staff just turned his back towards me, and I had to address him in the front for him to speak with me, and then instead of pointing me to a panel with waiting time (it was above the security check), he replied "No, you have to wait in line." I then asked: "Do you think I can make it", he says with such plain tones: "I don't know, you need to arrive early". And then he turned his back to me again! It wasn't like there were other people around waiting for his help. Thank goodness that the lady at the entrance (who was super busy) was kind enough to tell us that we can make it and we actually made it. I just think that if you'd like to have tourists coming back, at least be somewhat friendly and stop turning your back!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"International airport it is not"

Trip Verified | What an absolute disgrace. Worst airport I have visited in my 49 years. Took 8 hours to travel 6700 km across the Atlantic and took 2 hours to move though 100 m queue at TSA. International airport it is not. Not sure I would call it an airport. Queue was full of tired elderly and children. Took over 2 hours to get through. Nowhere to sit, no air-conditioning, obvious lack of "Ambassador' staff. Not the first time. Last time took 3 hours. On top of that you are not allowed to use your mobile in Immigration Hall. Can anyone explain why or is that just some stupid rule from the dark ages. People waiting outside to pick me up then became worried when I hadn't come through even though they could see my flight had landed. Orlando receives over 20 million visitors a year. Airport cannot even cope with two planes arriving at the same time. Just returned from India and got through within 30 mins. They have the same procedures at Immigration control. Suggestion: Don't bother flying through MCO. In my opinion it should be shut down. Worse service than a third world country.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"it took us forever to clear the immigration"

Not Verified | I landed at Orlando International Airport after travelling from Malaysia via Dubai for 27+ hours on an Emirates flight. On arrival we had to wait inside the plane because no immigration officer was available. Imagine waiting inside the plane after travelling 16 hours non stop from Dubai. I was with my 12 month old twins and family. The immigration opened after 1 hour or so and it took us forever to clear the immigration because there were only 2 or 3 officers available. We were holding our babies with their wet diapers in a long line up for immigration clearance. After clearing the immigration we picked up our luggage from the belt. We had around 8 bags and there was no porter service available. Worst part is once we somehow managed to move our carts outside the immigration and baggage pick up we been told that we have to drop our bags at another belt and take the train which will take us to main arrival halls where we had to pick up our luggage again. This is a horrible airport for international travel and I will avoid it at all cost.

"Needs to be updated"

Not Verified | Needs to be updated, only fast food restaurants (not many). One sit down restaurant that was only open for lunch. Bathrooms are too small for a major airport, long lines and not clean. Outdated furniture and not much to do in the terminal. Outside of TSA isn't bad but once you go through there is limited selection of anything. I would not fly into this airport unless I absolutely needed to. With some renovations and upgraded this could be a nice airport but it needs some major work.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"get your immigration system in order"

Unverified | We flew in mid afternoon on a Friday, flight on time. We left the aircraft promptly (should be thankful compared to some) but herded like cattle into a room with no air conditioning, all 455 of us from a 747. There we stayed maybe for 45 mins before moving into the main immigration room with only half of the available desks staffed. The ceiling was falling down and the queues took us all directly beneath the fragile looking ceiling panels. There we queued for another 1hr and a half before progressing to baggage reclaim where despite the time taken so far we still had to wait for our bags. Then we had to go upstairs via an escalator (Staff at bottom ensuring we could be crammed on, young families with their suitcases), so dangerous! Signage seemed ok. We also flew out twice, both domestic flights and a further arrival also domestic within the space of a week. The security queues on outbound flights were about 30 mins long but staff were on hand to make the various lines as quick as possible. Of course we didn't have to suffer the immigration queues and that is their problem. There appear to be new self service immigration consoles in place but weren't in use at that time. Otherwise the airport is in good order lots of food outlets and other shops. Being such a large airport taxi times seemed quite long. Orlando you must get your immigration system in order, its appalling and has put us off flying international into your airport. The worst I can ever remember!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"A totally inefficient system"

Verified Review | The security at Orlando International airport is terrible. They start with two lines. One of the lines breaks into multiple lines but you don't know that when you get in the line. I had 200 people who got in line after me get through secuirty before me. The staff are slow. We had 30 people waiting to go through the screener while our bags had already been checked. Then once through security they block people from going to the tram until the other side exits. A totally inefficient system. Expect long lines, a lot of TSA around but extremely slow. They should take a lesson from Atlanta airport. The busiest airport in the world is also one of the most efficient with regards to security.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"infrastructure is totally inadequate"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Unbelievable queues. Airport infrastructure is totally inadequate for the volume of traffic. Planes held 40 minutes before disembarking passengers due to lack of capacity. People waiting over one hour in queue for to speak to immigration officers, 20 minutes queue for X/ray security. Do not take connecting flight through Orlando. There is a high chance that you will miss your connecting flight.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"you can do better Orlando"

Unverified | I had a 2-hour layover in Orlando on October 30th which should have been enough time considering I didn’t have any luggage. The plane landed at 5pm, but due to congestion we were not allowed to disembark until 6pm. Since I knew I wasn’t going to have much time, I downloaded the Mobile Passport App to make immigration faster (I had very good experiences with the App in ATL and JFK). However, when I noted to the staff at immigration that I had submitted mine through Mobile Passport, she rudely said that they "weren't doing that". Thankfully the line for US citizens was short and I was out of there in 15 minutes. I followed the signs for connecting flights and had to go through security to get to the main gates, which didn’t take long. Unfortunately, when I got the gates and I checked to screens to confirm my gate number, I noticed that my flight was not posted. I asked a friendly staff in the information kiosk and he informed me that I must be at the wrong terminal and I had to take a shuttle to the correct terminal and get out of the airport and go through TSA again. I panicked since it was 6:15pm and my flight was supposed to start boarding at 6:20pm. I arrived at the correct terminal and spoke with a staff member at the exit and she advised that indeed I would have to go through TSA again. When I told her that my flight had started boarding she said “Yeah, you’re definitely going to miss your flight.” Once I arrived at security check I looked for the TSA pre-check line (which I have) but didn’t see it, so asked the person directing everyone in line and I also mentioned that my flight had already started boarding and he said “You’re probably going to miss your flight but just enter here and ask the staff at the front if you can go in the priority line.” When I arrived at the front of the line before the boarding pass check, I asked the staff member if I could go in the priority line since my flight had started boarding and she said “no, sorry!.” I started panicking, so I asked if the fact that I have TSA Pre-Check made a difference and she said “uhm, TSA pre-check is on the other side” and pointed me to it. I rushed over to the TSA pre-check area and was able to complete the security check in 15 minutes, which compared to everything else in this airport, it was a breeze. Finally, the inefficiency of this airport worked to my advantage and although I arrived 5 minutes after my flight was supposed to take off, there were people still boarding the plane. Moral of the story, I just came believe I had so many staff member telling me that I was going to miss my flight, but none tried to do anything about it. I also don’t understand why the TSA pre-check line is so hidden that not even the staff members know where it is. You can do better Orlando.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"can't currently meet the demand"

Verified Review | A shambles of an airport. After a long flight from the UK we were told by the apologetic captain that we were being held on the tarmac due to there being no free gates available to disembark. He mentioned how it was ridiculous that an airport of their size wasn't prepared for our arrival. When we finally disembarked an hour later, we entered the worst immigration queues I have ever had the misfortune of standing in. Two and a half hours it took, in a room with no air conditioning. We had a toddler that didn't understand what was going on and almost collapsed in the heat. No one was offering water or seats, just warnings that phones must be kept in pockets. To add insult to injury we had to endure the constant repeating of the flash entry video about how easy they make immigration. It was inhumane how they treated people, coming into their country to spend a lot of money. Eventually we got to baggage claim where our bags had been removed from the belts and deposited anywhere there was room. Then we were greeted with huge queues at the car rental desks. It may sound sensationalist, but it has honestly put me off travelling to Orlando again. The way out wasn't much better. An hour and a half to get through security on the way out. Staff looked like they didn't care and were rude and arrogant. I'm not sure I understand the idea of all the best shops and restaurants being before the security checks either. You can't spend any time browsing as you don't know how long it's going to take to get through. Once you get through security your choice is severely limited. Can I make one suggestion? Spend some money on the infrastructure and staff. You can't currently meet the demand. Your airport is an absolute shambles and I won't be returning.

"requires some modernisation"

Verified Review | Upon arrival and at departure there were problems with passengers not being allowed to exit the plane due to congestion. The staff were unhelpful and impolite, failing to remember we were customers. We ended up with a 5.5 hour delay, partly due to this treatment - it was amusing when the pilot explained that the luggage was being loaded onto the plane by 2 staff as the rest had gone home, which he wanted to do too. The infrastructure here obviously requires some modernisation.
Date VisitAugust 2017