Top 100 Airlines

Orlando Airport

"very little seating available"

Getting through security was awful. Lines were long, slow moving and disorganized. While waiting in lines we were shouted at by the TSA agents our "instructions". The waiting area at the gate itself was crowded with very little seating available. Not the way to end a magical vacation.
Date VisitApril 2016

"not an unpleasant experience"

Long lines at TSA and security but we were through in less than 15 minutes, and this included my wife having to undergo extra checks due to having metal screws and a metal bar on a broken wrist. Only thing that probably could be better is the amount of seating airside. On arrival in January it took a little longer to process but all immigration staff we dealt with were pleasant and courteous. Overall not an unpleasant experience.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"longest lines for security"

Worst airport across continental US. Longest lines for security. Preferred lanes merge with regular ones - completely useless. This is a joke of an airport - a shame for an airport that is a gateway to hundreds of tourists and first time travelers to the US.

"insensitive and uncaring"

TSA agent was very slow and did not educated on passengers travelling with an insulin pump, they spent an unnecessarily long time performing a pat down. TSA security check point was slow and ineffective. While they were were busy performing the pat down and questioning the insulin pump there was nobody looking at the monitor screen. So unnecessary. My luggage also didn't make it to same flight. I had to wait a few hours to pick it up. TSA agents were insensitive and uncaring.
Date VisitApril 2016

"processing time was incredibly slow"

The security line was tremendously long and processing time was incredibly slow. There's obviously no privilege for first class passengers. It's really a terrible experience. If I had a choice, I would avoid Orlando airport for sure. No airline lounge service for first class passengers. Flying Delta, I was told the Delta lounge is only available for passengers departing for international flights. Conclusion: avoid using Orlando airport.

"huge security lines"

I travel almost every week for business and this has to be one of the worst airports I've ever experienced for departure. Huge security lines - using the priority lane just merges you into the normal lane and barely saves any time. After the long lines, you have to wait for a tram to take you to another part of the airport - moving sidewalks would be a much better design. Floors constantly change between tile and carpet, making it difficult to roll suitcases and bags. Tiny bathrooms in the lounge. Avoid this airport if at all possible.

"horrible airport"

Horrible airport. I travel a lot and have been through most US airports. This one is bad. Checking in is a nightmare. Worst TSA process I've seen. Why would anyone want to come here? Just a very lousy airport for a lousy overhyped tourist trap of a city. I hope I don't have to come back.
Date VisitApril 2016

"has got progressively worse"

The worst airport I have ever used for arrival. Poorly organised, unhappy and unhelpful staff, this airport has got progressively worse over the last 6 years to the point where I will not be using it again for trips to Florida. On this occasion a couple of planes had landed within a few minutes of each other from the UK. Once through to immigration we where met by the most miserable looking staff member pointing to where the line started. (Not needed as it was obvious). This line was beyond the designated cattle grid system they use. They proudly brag that they have a new system to allow you to fast track through if you have visited the USA in the last 8 years, unfortunately access to it is only gained half way through the cattle grid queuing system. So was mainly unused for great lengths of time. When we did get to it, it didn't work so we had to join another queue to go through immigration with someone else that didn't want to work there. Although the people in front of us were less than 20 in number, it took longer than it would have done had we ignored the electronic counters and stayed in the traditional lane. Overall, after landing it took almost 2 hours to get through to our luggage. Should there be a vote for the worst airport that is getting worse over time, this one has to be a contender.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"agents are extremely rude"

I have used this airport 3 times in the past few months. The security line is always slow and the agents are extremely rude. We missed our flight today. Southwest had multiple flights going out at this time in which they processed an amazing amount of passengers in a short time. The TSA at Orlando can only handle a very small amount of passengers. For now, I am going to fly to Florida via another airport. A vast amount of people missed their flights today because of a poorly managed TSA division. I welcome security but I have never seen the inefficiency as I have witnessed in the past few months.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"an arduous and stressful affair"

We don't travel a lot, and rarely by plane, so we have little experience and prior impressions but if Orlando Airport is an example of what we would have to go through every time - we wont be back on a plane. Security was a joke for opposing reasons: Arriving late afternoon - we immediately joined a 2.5 hour queue for passport control. With 3 gates open, from around 10 that could have been, we watched the staff swan around as if we had all year. With a grunt and and air of satisfaction that we had been put through this period of torture, we were directed to another 'cheerful chappy' to collect our baggage. A visit to the toilet was in order and that's another story in itself. What a mess they were in. Having loaded our bags onto a trolley and moved around 100 metres we then had to take the bags off the trolley to use escalators up to the shuttle train to the terminal building. We then headed to collect our hire car - fairly straightforward at this stage. Departing - Not the airport's fault but British Airways' IT system crashed and everything had to be completed manually at check-in. A 3 hour queue. Bad enough, we were checked in at 9.15 and our flight was scheduled to leave at 9.30 and we hadn't been through security yet. We rushed towards the long queues at security thinking that we would be hanging around for another hour (at this stage not too worried since our bags were checked in and the plane would be unlikely to leave without us and the other 20 people in the same position), not so. Bearing in mind the date and the events in Brussels we couldn't believe the way security were processing people and property - obviously under pressure to get the planes loaded and off the runway, it was, in my opinion, the most lax security checks I've seen at an international airport. Overall, this turned our journey into an arduous and stressful affair and having been in Orlando 20 years ago and seen how it is now. We definitely wont be back. Quite an eye-opener.