Orlando Airport

"passport lines were too long"

Not Verified | On our arrival from Paris, we were kept in the airplane for 50 minutes because, we were told, the passport lines were too long and there was not enough space in the passport/customs entry area. When we were finally let out of the plane, we were taken to a holding area, where we waited for another 20 minutes, and because my wife and I had Global Entry, we were allowed to proceed at that point to the passport area. Goodness knows how much longer the other passengers, visitors and US citizens mixed together had to wait before being let into the passport lines, which were long enough that it would have taken at least two hours total from landing for them to enter the country. Once we got to the Global Entry line there were only two machines, and one was out of service. The one machine available did not operate properly for many of those in the line with us and in my case it failed to recognize that I had Global Entry, even though the passport official we finally got to admitted that we did. A disastrous experience overall and a wonder that any foreign visitors arrive in Orlando or US citizens decide to use MCO as their international gateway. We live in the area but are now considering abandoning nonstop overseas flights from Orlando in favor of other gateways.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"The heat was unbearable"

Not Verified | Worst travel experience of my life. We arrived in Orlando, took around 2 hours to get through immigration with only half of the desks open. We had a family waiting behind us with three young children which included a very young baby. The heat was unbearable, the baby was screaming all the way through, the other children were watching cartoons on their mothers phone in which a security guard told her to put it away as phones were not allowed. The majority of the plane were families with young children and had similar experiences, I had a toddler with me as well. Its an absolutely cruel experience for the little ones. We waited over an hour in a room for our luggage, in which three other flights of people were waiting too. We then had to get a shuttle to the main airport to leave, there was no elevators and I was told by the security guard that I could not go on the escalator with a pram/stroller, I had to drag the pram with a toddler in my arms up the flight of stairs, with two security guards watching happily (I was previously told I would be assisted). A security guard was directing the flock of people through to the shuttle inwhich she had physically pushed my sister in that direction due to it being so over-crowded. In all it took us around 4 hours to get out of the airport, as we waited a silly amount of time to get the rental car out as well. The whole experience was exhausting and cruel, if we decide to visit Orlando again we will definitely be looking at alternative airports.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"wow what a wait"

Not Verified | Well we were warned but wow what a wait! After a long flight into Orlando we disembarked the flight into a corridor and waited and waited and waited. Eventually someone came to get passengers with connecting flights but no explanation. We carried on waiting, the children were tired and thirsty and the corridor was hot. We finally got told that 5 large flights had arrived all at once. I assume this was the schedule and therefore was expected so why could they not either: advise people before they left the plane to be prepared for a wait or have more staff or organise some refreshment in the corridor or even better just advise people of the situation. What was worse was that upon getting the end of the corridor, there was a huge long snaking queue in the customs hall. It took us 3 hours to clear Orlando airport and then we had a 2 hour drive. Never again. I will find another route into South West Florida. Even the Virgin staff looked sympathetic and incredulous at our plight!
Date VisitJune 2018

"worst airport I have ever experienced"

Not Verified | Absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst airport I have ever experienced. I travel frequently and am forced to fly to Orlando once per year to go to UFL. I always dread this airport and today is no exception. Long lines, fed up security staff, very few services whilst you wait for your flight. This time I was met by a 3 page waitlist for the lounge and a completely full bar at every single outlet (all 2 of them). Seriously Orlando, get your act together.
Date VisitJune 2018

"the worst experience"

Not Verified | I visited this airport recently and I can say it was the worst experience I have had. Not only was it confusing trying to find our gate but the security staff were very rude to us and weren’t acting professional. I have been to this airport many times for vacation and I am considering going to a different airport next time.
Date VisitMay 2018

"It was an absolute shambles"

Trip Verified | This is without a shadow of a doubt the worst airport I have ever flown to. Upon arrival, we were not allowed to disembark the aircraft due to 'congestion in the terminal'. After a 20 minute or so wait, we were allowed off, only to find ourselves queuing in a hot corridor and then a further room for about 50 minutes to get to the machines which have replaced the landing cards. The machines were unmanned with no one on hand to help. It was an absolute shambles. Once we had mastered the machines and taken our printouts, it was into yet another monstrous queue to get through immigration. Orlando airport is an absolute joke. Considering its importance to the tourist industry there, you would expect that there would be investment of some kind to sort it out. Next time, I will fly via one of the hubs which are capable of handling large passenger numbers at an international airport.
Date VisitMay 2018

"worst airport I have used"

Not Verified | This is without doubt the worst airport I have used. We arrived on time using BA, on arrival we were herded into a large hall for 45 minutes with no explanation, after this it took another 45 minutes to get through passport control. The whole airport was shabby and dated.
Date VisitMay 2018

"whole airport is terrible"

Not Verified | Probably the worst airport I've been to. On arrival we were crammed into a tiny waiting area for security screening. Two planes worth all trying to get through the tiny area. It was also hot and stuffy. Once through the security question machines we then had to wait in queues for passport check. The whole airport is terrible and a trip hazard as ita going under works or its falling apart. The signage is poor and you have no idea where you're going especially for car rental. The tram from the terminal to the main terminal was unsafe, such a small waiting area which filled quickly then more people kept coming up the escalator not knowing how full it was had no where to go, it was chaos. It took us over 2 and a half hours to get out of the airport. On departure finding the check in desks was actually fine but more chaos from there. We arrived the 2 hours before checked in straight away then was met by 45 minute wait to get through security, there was no movement at all in any of the queues. It got to the point where I had to go and tell our airline we weren't going to make the flight to which they escorted us through. But even with an escort it was slow. Departure lounge and seating was poor, then the airport had delays so the plane was delayed landing. Thing we will be trying the other airport at Orlando

"queues totally unacceptable"

Not Verified | For a supposedly International airport they are not geared up for large scale passenger arrival numbers. The queues were totally unacceptable, I have waited less time with more people in New Delhi for goodness sake! And why is it when you get through and collect your luggage there are no lifts up to the transit level. You have to struggle with the cases up a metal staired escalator. Not good at all.
Date VisitApril 2018

"left with a bad taste departing"

Trip Verified | Worst security check in. Site said 18-22 minutes - it was nearly an hour. Being so close to the master engineers at Disney it would be beneficial to have them help you with crowd management. Such a lovely place to visit but you are left with a bad taste departing from this airport. We left late afternoon on a Tuesday. Rental return also brutal.