Orlando Airport

"requires some modernisation"

Verified Review | Upon arrival and at departure there were problems with passengers not being allowed to exit the plane due to congestion. The staff were unhelpful and impolite, failing to remember we were customers. We ended up with a 5.5 hour delay, partly due to this treatment - it was amusing when the pilot explained that the luggage was being loaded onto the plane by 2 staff as the rest had gone home, which he wanted to do too. The infrastructure here obviously requires some modernisation.

"Friendly staff"

Unverified | Good signposting / access to taxis. Wide range of shops / restaurants. Friendly staff. Most impressed with support given to travellers with disabilities. Immediately upon arrival my wife (suffering a dislocated knee) was provided with a wheelchair which she was able to retain to departure gate / taxi service.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"staff were officious, rude and abrupt"

Unverified | Quick initial bag check in with helpful staff, but when we reached security the staff were officious, rude and abrupt! My daughter was stopped for a body search and had her hands swabbed by a very unhelpful member of staff. This upset her a good deal and the procedure was at no time explained to her. When I asked at customer inquiries for a form of contact to make a complaint they were unhelpful and seemed uninterested in my query and unhelpful. Very small and overpriced duty free section. A poor end to our long saved for holiday!
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"the staff were also very helpful"

Verified Review | As we arrived at the airport the check in was right in front of us, the staff were also very helpful. It was very easy to find our way around as all signs were clearly visible. We didn't have to wait very long in any queue, the staff sent us to a quicker queue. The airport was very clean, but there isn't many shopping stores around. The terminal seating wasn't great, the wifi wasn't great but it does work, just have to wait a bit.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"looks run down and not well kept"

Verified Review | MCO is the worst airpot with the worst TSA agents I have ever dealt with! Arrived at this airport and waited an hour to get our luggage in an area with no AC. Why in the world is this airport not up to date? It looks run down and not well kept at all. The airport only has a total of 3 elevators? People make lines and push each other to get into one elevator. Traveled with my husband and 3 daughters to Orlando, Florida. Our youngest daughter only 2, when flying out of MCO the TSA agent checking our tickets was very rude. He was yelling at my husband asking him to move out of the way with an attitude as my husband assisted me with our 2 year old while I was getting my ID to give to the TSA agent. There was no reason for this agent to act this way! These TSA agents are in need of customer service training. They look very unhappy and have a big attitude problem. TSA agents specifically at this airport if you don't like your job find another simple as that. If you like your job then consider looking at these reviews and improve your attitudes towards travelers! I have traveled into and out of several airports and by far this is the worst location!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"This is no way to treat people"

Verified Review | I can only echo the reviews of everyone else here. This is no way to treat people, especially by a country that is supposedly the most advanced in the world. The slick videos they play in arrivals are the complete opposite to the actual experience. The officer we had was actually pleasant but it takes an age to process each group. The most frustrating thing is that most people coming into MCO are there ultimately to spend a lot of money in the local economy so everything should be done to make the entry process as efficient and welcoming as possible. I for one will never fly into MCO again. Finally, a tip for car renters. Having got through customs over two hours after we landed we then faced the biggest queues ever at the car rental desk in terminal B. Literally two or three people on duty to serve a queue of at least 30 and we all know how long we have to spend at the desk as they try and up sell everything. I went and spoke to one of the other car rental agents as I could see another two hour wait on the horizon, initially to see if I could hire something from them for 24 hours to then come back to collect our pre-pay car the next day. She took me over to Terminal A and said queues are usually much less there than in Terminal B. She was right. One person in front of me and a two hour wait avoided. I told a few beleaguered families at the back of the queue in Terminal B on my return. Always pays to be a fox not a sheep. Don't follow the crowd - look for alternatives.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"this is woefully inadequate"

Verified Review | I travel internationally at least once a month and being that I live in Brevard County, Florida, I always travel through Orlando International Airport. Since October of 2016, each and every single time I have arrived at Orlando International Airport, the flights have been forced to sit on the tarmac or at the gate because the airport’s immigration service is unable to process more travelers. The wait times have typically been between 30 minutes and 60 minutes. When you finally are allowed to arrive in immigration, you will find that the wait times to pass through immigration are very long (unless you have Global Entry, which I have). Be prepared to spend at least 30 – 45 minutes. Once you finally pass through immigration you will enter into the baggage reclaim area. Note that the international baggage claim has only three baggage carousels. Recognizing that this is woefully inadequate, the airport management assigns teams of workers that rearrange and shuffle baggage as it arrives at each carousel. Of course, eventually the carousels become so overwhelmed with baggage that the workers have to remove the bags and start stacking them about the baggage area wherever there is room. Be aware that your bags may be stored on the floor areas along side the carousel. Again, this is not new or temporary. It has been going on without improvement for a very long time. As you’re waiting for your bags – get ready as this can be very long- I experienced times from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. When you finally do get your luggage you will need to head off to the tram that will take you to the main terminal. If it is not working, which does happen, then be prepared to haul your luggage and kin for a half-mile through hot (and maybe rainy) weather. Of course, the airport will tell you that they will provide a bus if this occurs but realize this is not a speedy exercise. The last bit is the on-going renovations inside the main terminal. Currently (mid 2017) the escalators are sporadically available. If you plan to retrieve your vehicle or rental car from the parking area, be prepared. The elevators (3 in total in any one area) will have a load of passengers waiting to move to one of the three levels. When one finally opens for you, the flood gates open. If you are not standing in front of the one that arrives, you probably won’t make it in. The wonderful feature of these elevators is, as people are scrambling to pack into the elevator that just arrived, the remaining elevators will not attempt a pick-up because the last arriving elevator cancels the selection for your floor. You will have to wait for the filling elevator door to completely close before you can attempt to again summons another elevator. Bottom line, if you are arriving from an international flight (especially with a connection) to MCO then give yourself plenty of time (I would say 3 hours), as it will not be a speedy transit time.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"immigration took well over 1.5hrs"

Verified Review | What is there good to say about Orlando airport? Nothing. Holiday to Orlando, 'The Magic Place' well let me tell you MCO if there is one thing you're good at is shattering everyone's dreams the minute they land. Everything is slow. Immigration seem to relish in seeing the queue getting larger and asking dumb questions when you finally get to the desk which took well over 1.5hrs. Having kids ask 'are we nearly there yet' and 'why is it taking so long' when you've run out of answers is exasperating. Then picking luggage up and transfering it to the car hire area rather than carrying / pulling it all which took no more than 10mins on foot meant another 1hr wait for the luggage to arrive with 3 other peoples luggage. God help them if they got busy! I've been to better more efficient third world country airports. Being a seasonsed traveller I have to hand it to you for being the worst airport I've ever had the unfortunate experience to use.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"America you should be embarrassed"

Unverified | Terrible airport, security is awful, baggage claim is the worst I have ever experienced anywhere in world. If you can, avoid at all costs. Waited over 1 hour for baggage to arrive, queued for nearly 1 hour for security. Restaurants are all terrible. Pathetic for such a well traveled destination. America you should be embarrassed, this is the 21st century. Will not come back to Orlando.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"immigration hall was full"

Unverified | We arrived from Glasgow at 15.40 on 23 June. We were held on the aircraft for more than an hour because the immigration hall was full. That was followed by another lengthy wait in the queue at immigration and then a wait for one of our cases. By the time we left in our hire car, three hours had passed. The airport knows what that's going to be like every day so they need to step up and improve.
Date VisitJune 2017