Top 100 Airlines

Norwich Airport

"problem with the heating"

I chose Norwich as it is local to me. I have used it before with no problem. However, on this occasion there was a problem with the heating in the airport blowing out very cold air. Even the staff were complaining. When I contacted Norwich airport direct by email (several) and a letter to the CEO I have not had the common courtesy of a reply. Disgraceful. Naturally, I shall not be using Norwich airport again. So remember fellow travellers if you need to complain to them you will be wasting your time.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"will never use this airport again"

I will never use this airport again for myself and my family. The price for flying from Norwich, my local airport ended up being nearly £150 per person more than one of the London airports. The parking at the airport is expensive. The airport development charge was something I was never made aware of until I got to go through to departures - £20 for a family of 4. The Thompson holiday flights that depart from Norwich don't start there. You are picked up on the return journey to your holiday destination - you end up loosing half a day of your holiday. Overall my worst airport experience ever.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"a joke of an "international" airport"

Little can be added to previous reviews of Norwich Airport. However, my verdict is: Dismal choice of destinations and higher charges than a full service airport. "Norwich a Fine City" they tell us, but with a joke of an "international" airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2015

"services provided are dismal"

Outrageous £10 "Development" fee extorted from passengers before being allowed through security to the Departure lounge. Is this even legal? I paid for my Flybe tickets in advance and checked in online, only to be forced to pay unexpected fees to leave Norwich. What if I didn't have any money left after my weekend away? What about people on a budget who saved up to fly and were not expecting to be hijacked into paying this? The services provided are dismal and so are the attitudes of the staff. I will be avoiding this airport from now on.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"seemed very unorganised"

We live locally and the price worked out around the same as if we were flying from Stansted. However I was completely disappointed and what we are paying the development fee for I do not know. Seemed very unorganised to check in, didn't have clear signs of what the queue was for and there was not anyone around to ask. As we went through security, the lady we came across first who told us what to take out of our bags and put in the trays was very relaxed and joking around with us, the next minute we were getting searched after going through the x-ray machines with those staff not speaking at all and just pointing for us both to spread our legs and arms out like we were criminals. As we left security we were asked where we were going on holiday by a policeman standing at the exit door. How he asked was in a very odd manner as if he was checking that we knew where we were going, seemed strange to me. It was a very unprofessional approach to go from joking around with us and having a laugh to the next lot of staff who barely spoke and treated us like we had done something wrong. We then headed to the cafe to get some food as our flight was tea time, nothing looked very appetising, and it was very expensive. The staff were very rude and uninterested and it felt as if we were being a nuisance to them. We went into the bar also, it was so quiet in there you could have heard a pin drop. Everyone was whispering it was so quiet with no atmosphere for people who are now off on their holidays. We had to ring the bell for the staff to serve us who seemed to be out the back all the time and we heard them shouting at each other and arguing too for all to hear. One of the women was leant all over the counter in the cafe at one point looking bored as anything when there were tables to clean and clear of plates. Both female servers were just so uninterested and didn't seem like they wanted to be there. I would not fly from this airport again. I knew it was small before we booked but I didn't think that the staff would be so rude and unhelpful. I would rather go to a London airport which although it would cost to travel and take longer to travel to, at least I would know that my airport experience before and after my holiday would be a good one.
Date VisitAugust 2015

"terminal just about serves it purpose"

We tend to use Norwich Airport as we only live 2 miles away. The terminal just about serves it purpose, but any increase is passengers (highly unlikely) would make it uncomfortable. I don't mind paying the £10 'tax' if at means not travelling to Stansted and paying £80 for two weeks parking, And home within 30 minutes of picking up the cases. But I personally cannot see many improvements for passengers at the airport or an increase in flights for my and other passengers 10 quid. We landed on a Sunday evening from Turkey this August in a downpour, and had to run some 100 yards through puddles from the plane to terminal. I'm not expecting an airbridge, but a covered walk way some of the way would be nice.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Norwich Airport customer review

The airport is a an old converted 80's military building and still retains this appearance. It is small and there are just enough facilities to get by, though these are overpriced. There is no evidence of any proposed upgrading though air passengers are confronted with an additional charge to contribute towards upgrading, on top of any airport tax already included in the flight cost. This means you have to pay further to be allowed to board you already booked flight. The toilets did not appear to be cleaned regularly and generally the airport seemed poorly attended by staff except in the security area, where they searched every passenger's bag in the time I passed through. Which unsurprisingly leaves the few travelers there feeling very frustrated. Wifi seemed to be available but it was not possible to connect.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Norwich Airport customer review

Arrival. Quite poor signage, fortunately as a first time to Norwich, I followed the other passengers. Airport seemed dimly lit on arrival and sparsely attended by staff. Departure, a surprising departure tax for the alleged development of Norwich airport. Dim lights, low ceiling, dirty floors, filthy toilets. I have been in better airports in Micronesia and Africa. Departures - Aside from the tax which seemed high and not being used to actually develop the airport, the security was OK, not expeditious but OK. Facilities. Extremely limited and very over-priced. Priced according to the captive audience, nothing else so hike the prices.
Date VisitJune 2015
Wifi Connectivity N/A

Norwich Airport customer review

I was visiting family in Norfolk for a few days so decided to fly with KLM and partners into and out of Norwich. I was in my rental car within 20 mins of landing so that alone was worth it avoiding the M25 etc. Also my return flight departed at 6 am so no traffic and just turned up 30 mins prior and even had time for a coffee . The development fee was a surprise but I would go this way again for sure.. Staff at check in machines assisted with boarding pass and were friendly.

Norwich Airport customer review

As far as the airport development fee goes I would rather pay it than have to pay £50-£60 in petrol to get to another airport! Its a small airport and yes the facilities are not great but at least we have an airport locally which can provide the basics. As far as I'm concerned a lot of people who have commented or are going to want everything for nothing. From my understanding the development fee is to help keep the airport running and keeping the flights going - which you are having to or had to use! Norwich Airport is not comparable to Gatwick or Stansted because it is much smaller and non government funded. If people were grateful for the fact they don't have to travel for hours before even reaching the airport then we wouldn't have a problem with the fee! Consider from a business point the fact that if the Airport fee was to be included in the ticket would the airport get it directly or would they have to constantly be on the Airlines case to get it? Change doesn't happen overnight.