Airline of the Year

Nadi Airport

"an achievement for Fiji"

(Fiji)

Generally, Nadi airport is an achievement for Fiji and the region. I must first mention, I love those huge sofa which can sleep up to 2 people, for an airport that acts like a hub between Asia, America, Australia and Pacific countries, that is a huge win. I wish airports like LA had something like that. The queuing time can be tedious, the immigration in the arrivals need a lot of work, and the airport's baggage delivery is pathetically slow for a small airport. It always amazes me how I am able to complete Passport Control and baggage collection in just 15 minutes at LAX, but it takes more than 1 hour at Nadi. Free wifi would be nice, and a bit more variety in the food court, some of us don't like Burger King and Gloria Jeans
Date VisitMarch 2017

"rebuilding going to be worth the wait"

Verified Review | New departure terminal, work in progress. Finally they have gotten around to rebuilding this airport and from behind the tarpaulin it looks like it is going to be worth the wait. It is still work in progress but Bula it should be up and running by mid 2017. The current departure area is fully functional but a bit drab and the business class lounges are also a tad medieval but all of this worth the wait. I will be back shortly to check out the new grouting.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"true Pacific charm"

Despite the renovations at Nadi airport and my first time being in Fiji, I found Nadi airport lovely. I have been through Raratonga airport in the past and was expecting something similar and found to my relief it wasn't. The queues seem to stretch on for a while snaking around corners but the staff are courteous and efficient and we were processed fairly quickly. Upon departure, the check in agent asked me is it was my first time in Fiji and when I told him it was, I was sorry to be leaving and what a beautiful place Fiji is - a broad smile plastered his face and all he wanted to do was have a chat. I loved it. Great little airport with a true Pacific charm, can't wait to see how the renovations turn out.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"transit area itself wasn't too bad"

(New Zealand)

Spent 6 hours in transit at Nadi airport from Auckland to LA. The airport is still being renovated so some parts looked shabby, but the transit area itself wasn't too bad. There were a couple of food places (burger king and a sandwich/pizza place) and a few shops to look at. The majority of the staff were polite (the ones in the normal stores - book store and clothes stores) but the staff in the duty free stores were a bit rude and constantly followed us to see what we were doing. By follow I mean they literally a couple metres away from us from one store to the other. The staff there didn't know what personal space was. Overall it wasn't too bad of an experience, and I'm looking forward to my return tomorrow when I arrive back in transit from LAX.
Date VisitJune 2016

"airport is easy to navigate and is manageable"

(Slovenia)

Nadi Airport is small and manageable. The departure hall has many shops, so you can buy some last presents before you fly to your destination. The arrival hall has many travel agencies, so if you do not have accommodation when you arrive, they can help you. Fijian airport staff is very helpful. They also give you a welcome song in the arrival hall, which is very cute. The only thing which was new to us was the disinfection of passengers within the airplane when we landed. They sprayed us, before they let us out of the plane. Otherwise the airport is easy to navigate and is manageable.
Date VisitFebruary 2015

Nadi Airport customer review

Awful and painful experience. We got a 300€ fine for forgetting an apple in the bottom of a bag and got forced to sign that we had "willingly" taken the fruit to Fiji. Custom officer didn't speak and was basically rude. Shopping is uninteresting. The worst is really the contrast between the fake welcoming atmosphere and the overall rudeness of staff.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Nadi Airport customer review

Our experience at this airport yesterday was a complete shambles. They are building the new airport around the existing one. The departures area is extremely small and very claustrophobic. Once through security, there is no view of the outside world until you go up the escalator and out to your aircraft. There are 2 areas for passengers to sit. Option 1: A white square room with seats that resembles a prison cell. Option 2: An old section near the airline lounges which has no airconditioning and resembles a coffin. There are 2 duty free shops and 2 food outlets in the airport, which when we were there was filled with passengers for 4 flights. When our (and other) flight was called for boarding, we were made to queue at the bottom of an escalator for about 15 minutes until we were allowed to rise up to the next level on the escalator and walk through to open air on the way to the airport. At security, we had already had our bags x-rayed and any bottles of water taken off us, but just before getting to the aircraft, we all had to open our bags again so they could be searched again and any bottles of water that had been purchased inside the airport were taken off us. Finally, after going up the escalator, we came to some steps that we had to walk back down to the ground to get to our Virgin 737 aircraft. It's sad that our last memories of Fiji had to be at this shambles of an airport, but we will hold on to our wonderful memories of Fiji and look forward to our next trip to Fiji in about 5 years when I assume the rebuilding work will be complete and Nadi will have a bright new airport with windows and open spaces to welcome people to and from their wonderful country.
Date VisitJuly 2015

(Finland)

Worn out dirty (especially the stained seats dining areas well every surface) dysfunctional. Information tables inadequate both in terms of technical quality (visibility) and the information. Unprofessional transfer and security services. They said that my suitcase had not arrived but I could see it standing there by the runway on a line reserved for vehicles all the tags correctly in place. Printers and computers out of order most of the time. A widespread neglect in the presence of so many idle hands could hardly otherwise be possible.

(New Zealand)

I did not expect too much from this airport especially as Fiji is just a small island and I have seen Rarotongan's airport so not much expected. I was however pleasantly surprised. Only a few gift shops and a couple of food outlets before going through immigration and then a few more gift shops and only a couple of food outlets after going through immigration. What impressed me was that the gift shops were not too repetitious and each had something different and although there were only a couple of food outlets there was not much that you couldn't get. My only gripe was the lack of air-conditioning especially noticeable when your flight gets delayed. Overall impressed and it is far better than Rarotonga but then again so if Fiji!

Nadi Airport customer review

The airport is old it needs more air-conditioned services. Needs more food options and ATMs. The wi-fi needs improvement too.