Best Cabin Crew

Montréal Airport

"you don't feel welcome in Montréal"

Staff at the security were unprofessional, rude and incompetent. The terminal of Air Canada Jazz is old, needs a serious refresh and an improvement of confort. At this airport, you don't feel welcome in Montréal. It's a disgrace. I will definitely avoid this airport in the future.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"not fit for purpose"

This airport is an absolute joke and not fit for purpose. Repeated two hour waits for immigration with queues starting as you get off the plane. The staff seem to think it's acceptable to leave your luggage in random corners of the luggage hall with no signs. Something urgently needs to be done to improve this airport and the experience arriving international passengers have, it is a national embarrassment.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"we found staff curt, rude and uncaring"

We arrived on 1/09/2015 and encountered a queue in a corridor of about 60 metres just a short walk from the plane. We waited in this queue for over a hour and all the airport staff did was ask if you had a Canadian passport you could go to the front of the line. We asked the two staff who were policing the line how long we would have to wait to get to passport control we received curt and rude answers. We finally got to the end of the corridor only to look down on to the concourse and see a throng of hundreds of people walking up and down the concourse in a line to get to passport control. After another two hours of queuing we finally passed through passport control and headed for the luggage carousels only to find that none of the screens showed which carousel our luggage was on. We asked four members of staff how we were to find our luggage as luggage was scattered all over the luggage area but all we got from them was that you will have to walk around the area and find your luggage yourselves. We found staff curt, rude and uncaring and our first impression of Montreal was disappointing. After another 30 minutes of looking we finally located our luggage and left the airport for our hotel. Montreal is a fabulous city to visit but we will never return after the horrendous experiance and treatment we received from the staff at Montreal airport and advise other travellers if your travelling to Canada to use another entry airport. We have travelled extensively and found Montreal the worst airport in any country we have visited.

"a real nightmare"

Montréal Airport, a real nightmare. Immigration took more than 2 hours
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"completely overwhelmed by sheer traffic"

We left in the afternoon on a flight to Munich and noticed that most seats in the airport were taken and some passengers sleeping on them. Very modest offering when it comes to restaurants, the airport appeared very full. Leaving Montreal was acceptable, but returning from Frankfurt in the mid-day time period was awful. Huge line-up of arriving passengers, interminable walking through cattle-like enclosures with immigration officers completely overwhelmed by the crowds. Then looking for our baggage: The carousel was completely overwhelmed as well with 2 rows of baggage, many of the suitcases piled on top of each other,difficult to access or even find. To sum up: Montreal airport is completely overwhelmed by sheer traffic and out-of-control. What a mess, to be avoided if at all possible.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Montréal Airport customer review

I arrived 3.55pm local time Sept 4th. Customs hall was packed. Queuing on the upper level even to get onto the customs hall floor. I queued over 2 hours to get through customs. No explanation, only info was inaudible tannoy messages. (It was a hot day, why could they not offer drinks of water?). On eventually clearing customs I proceeded to baggage reclaim. Of course my flight was no longer displayed on the screens so I (and everyone else) did not know where to go. Saw a member of staff who asked for flight number and said cases will either be carousel 6 or 8. Wasted time looking and realised they weren't at either. Spoke to someone in authority who said carousel 4 which is where they were. Another long queue to hand in landing card, another longer queue for taxi. Why 2 hour wait in customs hall? Why no info? Why was flight not displayed in baggage reclaim? Why was incorrect info given to passengers? Have those in authority never heard of customer service?

Montréal Airport customer review

Flew out of this airport for a flight to Italy. I like that they have a security line for travelers with children. We cleared security with no problems in less than 10 min. The airport is clean and easy to navigate. I don't understand how certain people say that the signs are not clear. Travelers to the US complain that the process is slow. Once again I don't understand how this is the airports fault. These are security features imposed by the US governement on Canadian airports. Trudeau has no controll over American custom agents inability to be more efficient. My only complaint is the shear amount of people during rush hours. This airport is too small for the amount of travelers going through.I like the airport has free wi-fi. I dont understand how the previous traveler said she couldn't get FREE wi-fi. This airport is equiped with charging post near the seats. On the return, we arrived during rush hour, usually between 4pm and 7pm, to a sea of people at customs. There must have thousands of people there but the electronic check out system was easy, quick (less than 1 min for 3 travelers) and simple to use. My only complaint was the customs agent that reviewed my claim, he asked me what I had to declare as I was declaring dried fruits. He sends me to extra screening to which that officer after waiting 20 minutes see them asked the same question to which I ansered the same thing as the previous agent and they let me through. I lost an extra 20 min for nothing. We cleared customs and got our bags within an 1 hour. Exit signs are very clear.

Montréal Airport customer review

Our flight from Paris was delayed and we would told by the flight attendants to wait at the end of the jetway if we'd missed a flight. The person at the end of the jetway berated us for taking up space and standing around and told us to continue to the terminal. There was no assistance. I was told I would make my flight if I hurried to the customs line - there were well over 150 of us going the same direction and there was one slow and chatty security line. Then we were in front of passport machines with no direction as to how they were to be used. There was no organization to the line and the staff kept shouting to process our passports and wait for our name to show up on the screen. There was chaos and zero organization. It took well over an hour to get through this process. Of course I missed my flight. There was no one at the gate to help re-book. We found the customer service gate and stood in line to be re-booked. That was the only friendly agent. There is no free wifi (I traveled 7 airports in 14 days and this was the only one without wifi) - I had to get my boarding passes printed as they would not accept a digital version. I will pay extra money to never travel through this airport again.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Montréal Airport customer review

We transited Montreal on our way from Spain to Boston and so had to go through the US customs operation there. What a complete mess! We waited over 1.5 hours in various lines with very unclear instructions from generally very rude personnel. The signs are both unclear and contradictory about where to go for US transit passengers and in most places along the way, there is simply no information available about where to go or what the procedures are. We are Global Entry members and it was of no use whatsoever, even had the GE kiosks been working, which they weren't. A place to avoid.
Date VisitJune 2015

Montréal Airport customer review

Have used this airport for departure and arrivals over 20 times. Departures are pretty much what you expect of an airport. Space for large quantities of clients is OK. You don't bump into each other going from baggage drop off to security to customs (for USA). Restaurant choices have improved in the last years but prices are high. Cleanliness is from average to good. The Wi-Fi is on the slow side but its free. Security check does flow and takes around 15 mins outside rush hours. During rush hours its not worse than any US airport. The big hiccup with this airport are the customs on arrival. Over 20 arrivals for me and the management doesn't seem to know how many planes/passengers are coming. You should have seen the shambles when the Air France A380 was still arriving at this airport. They are understaffed and the custom officials are overworked and it shows. The experience lasts around one hour with a Canadian passport or up to two hours with a passport of another country. Once at the booth the agents do a good job they will question you but are efficient. On the positive side you waited at customs for an hour or more so your baggage is waiting for you. Transport In and Out of this airport is almost exclusively by car (taxis or personnel). The car drop off zone is ridiculous. You're fighting your way between cars taxis and buses. Short and long term parking is abundant. A bus service does exist from the airport to downtown Montréal. But if you want to go elsewhere you're better off using a taxi. No train departs directly from the airport. A shuttle exists (when its available) or you can walk to the nearest train station. Between 15-20 min walk outside with minimal indications and minimal pedestrian walk ways. This airport is saturated and cannot grow. It is situated on the island of Montréal with no more available terrain around it.