Vote Now

Milan Malpensa Airport

"clean and comfortable"

(Italy)

Verified Review | The first time that I experienced the new third satellite for long range flights at Milan Malpensa airport. A very good environment, clean and comfortable. On departure there was seating available despite being peak hour on a peak day. On arrival very long and convenient baggage carousel.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"noisy, crowded, lack of seating"

Noisy, crowded, lack of seating. No lounge, no charging points for mobiles, scruffy and really not up to modern international standards. Poor choice of retail outlets and limited car rental so have to go on inadequate bus to terminal 1. Signage in airport is poor and arriving by car is tiny and limited - very easy to make lots of mistakes.
Date VisitNovember 2016

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

Milan Malpensa Airport has typical Italian infrastructure. Loud environment, chaos, dirt and garbage in the floor. There should also be more seats at each gate. The ground crew was slow. You have to wait a long time before boarding and to return your baggage. To board the plane we had to take an uncomfortable and crowded bus ride. Wifi does not work consistently.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"I nearly missed my flight"

(Japan)

Verified Review | The secureity check line took the longest time I have ever experienced. I nearly missed my flight after waiting for an hour just for the baggage check. (Passport check excluded). There were more than ten machines but they opened only 5-6 of them. Also, the customs officer did not speak English. I used to think officers who work in an airport were required to speak at least simple English, not to mention their rude manner when we tried to speak English.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"in need of major renovations"

Very long lines for non EU passport holders at Milan Malpensa airport - just 2 booths open. The airport overall is in desprate need of major renovations. The restrooms are dirty, most of the stalls dont have locks, the signs are not clear and from the arrivals hall to the car rental booths is pretty far.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"food options disappointing"

My arrival into Milan Malpensa was in Terminal 2, which looks like an airport from the 1960s. It's maintained poorly and needs renovation. My departure was from Terminal 1, which looks much better and more modern. The duty free shops had only 2 cash registers open. The lines were therefore longer than 20 minutes, which I find unacceptable. My return flights again reminded me of why I disliked the airport so much - the food options are disappointing, with the meals not looking attractive at all. The only positive points I can find is that the staff are friendly and that it didn't take long for the luggage to arrive.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"very few seats"

We were flying back from Terminal 2 on easyJet. It was a fairly quiet time but we had to walk miles around barriers designed to accommodate huge queues on the way to security when there were none. Airside there were lots of shops you had to walk through, I thought we were in some Ikea nightmare. Some small cafes with limited seating but otherwise virtually nowhere to sit. When called to the gate we stood in a queue outside it that didn't move for over an hour because there was no-one to check us in to the gate - I don't think the incoming flight had arrived. There were very few seats on the inside of the gate - 15 or so perhaps, which is not enough for an Airbus full. Most passengers weren't exactly young and the a/c didn't appear very efficient. I hate to think what would happen at busy times or with flight delays. I would not want to return there. Surely departure terminals should have plenty of seats! On the incoming flight a week earlier our whole flight's luggage didn't reach the carousel for a very long time either.
Date VisitJune 2016

"pleasantly surprised"

Pleasantly surprised by the recent refurbishment of T1. Travelled from Malpensa twice recently and passed through both security and passport controls very quickly and without hassle. Once through passport control and down the stairs there were some electric buggies for hire. Given the amount of walking needed I'm not surprised.
Date VisitMay 2016

"airport is now clean and pleasant"

My first trip from MXP for a couple of years and it has really improved. Alas check-in was painfully slow. I was at the back of the queue and it took 45 minutes before I reached one of the two desks asigned for BA economy passengers. At least the clerk was friendly and processed me quickly. Thereafter it got better. There is now a single entry point for securuty and that was working well. The refurbishments mean the airport is now clean and pleasant. There are more shops and resturants/cafes, which is no bad thing. Passport check was fast too. I had no time to look around, but certainly things have got alot beter. Same on arrival too last week. I just hope they keep the quality up and maintain the terminal to the standard its at now.
Date VisitMay 2016

"nothing open after immigration"

I arrived at Milan Malpensa for an early morning flight (7:40 am) and saw many options for coffee and breakfast on my way through security. However, once I went through immigration and went towards the B gates, none of the cafes were open. There was nowhere to have a coffee or buy water before 7am which was annoying and many people were waiting. It doesn't make sense to have nothing open after immigration at a busy time.
Date VisitMarch 2016