Top 100 Airports

Milan Linate Airport

"it is very functional"

(Italy)

Airport is really close to the city center, driving early morning with no traffic takes about 15 mins. Terminal building is old and definitely out of fashion but it is very functional and you quickly get to the boarding gate in about no time. Staff are well trained, professional and polite. Queues are fastly moving. Early morning there is barely a bar opening, airport is deserted until 6.30, after is quite poor and expensive anyways. Below Italian standard. Shopping is quite good for a small airport.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"A very compact airport"

A very compact airport and extremely close to the heart of Milan. The local bus costs €1.50 and takes about 25 minutes running every 10 minutes or so. If you land on one of the 5 air bridges the whole process is very smooth, a few steps, down the escalator and you are in the Baggage Hall, from their through Customs and landside. Arrivals is on the grown floor and has a small selection of shops/café etc. Departures on the 1st floor is quite busy, there are a lot of flights around Italy and other European cities (no long haul). The Security Scan is a potential bottleneck if you arrive at a busy time. In Departures there is a small selection of shops covering most things but the "Duty Free" opportunities are limited. Gates 17-21 are the Air Bridge Gates, the rest are for busses to remote stands. It can feel a bit cramped at times but the overall convenience outweighs this. It is a good airport to fly into our out of.
Date VisitJune 2016

"beware the taxis"

My first time in Italy. The taxi drivers in the airport "took me for a ride". A 10 min ride to the Airport Holiday Inn cost me €35, about 3 times the normal rate. I should have known when he said "cash only", he took all the Euros I had. The hand receipt said "Fly Car Service". Beware! The taxis are not held accountable as in other cities.
Date VisitDecember 2015

(Italy)

My favorite Italian airport. Quite a small airport for domestic flights and short/medium haul EU flights. It is perfect for business travelers: small so you do not waste a lot of time walking from desks to gates, very close to the city center and near to highways, convention centers, hotels and business districts.
Date VisitFebruary 2015

Milan Linate Airport customer review

I use it weekly. Bus to and from Milan central is found out the front easy to use and regular. The terminal is not large. They have just started to rebuild the area where you go through security - now half the size twice the queue. Not good! Eating places in the terminal are OK some choice landside and airside. Linate has only 6 air bridges - so you usually have to get a bus to a parked plane. There is no walkway from arrivals to gates - for passengers transferring. You have to exit and then go through the waiting and security to get to your gate - Not good either!

(Malta)

I have used it twice and both times were a nightmare. Staff are inefficient and rude. On our entry through security a female officer was checking if we had tickets. When it came my turn I showed her I had 6 tickets and she rudely remarked in Italian 'do you think I can see your names if you don't hand me your tickets properly'. I was carrying a camera on a sling bag and a tripod. This same officer came rushing and told me that I couldn't carry the tripod. I had never any problems with it. A fellow traveller in my group offered to put the tripod in his bag and she objected saying that it had to be my bag. At that point I was lucky enough for a senior officer to come by and he let us pass. The second time we arrived 2.5 hrs before departure and waited 30mins for an attendant to check us in. No queuing facilities so everybody was pushing and skipping one another. In the end it took the attendant almost 2 hrs to do the check-In and we nearly missed the flight.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

Flew in and out of LIN. The facilities are totally inadequate no one speaks proper English. I arrived early; 4hrs before my flight but was not able to check in my luggage at the Air France counter for "security reasons." I finally was able to check in 2.5hrs before the flight taking off leaving little time to work in the lounge.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

Seems to have improved. Passport control much quicker. Bags arrived within minutes and there were plenty of taxis. Was on my way in to town within half an hour of landing. Have things changed or was I lucky? I'd like to think the former.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

In transit on my trip FCO-LIN-ORY. Compact airport but fairly basic facilities. Terminal looks tired with insufficient lighting and very confusing signage. Quite limited seating areas at the boarding gates - only 5 airbridges therefore most flights board by bus. Alitalia Business lounge has nice views on the apron but is shockingly cramped and overcrowded. Very cheap offer: you have to ask for drinks which are served in plastic cups; for food a cardboard plate is handed out! Thumbs-up however for the helpful and smiling staff.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

Last review I posted was about arriving here. Leaving from here is a shambles. From start to finish a shocking experience. Bus from Milan leaves you off at arrivals. Terminal building terribly signposted. Signage in check in area almost non existent. Could not find a shop selling English language newspapers anywhere. 20 min queue for passport control for non Schengen departures and then no shops at all after this point. I have used FCO/MXP/VCE/BLQ without major difficulty. Linate is a joke in comparison. Avoid at all costs.