Milan Linate Airport

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th October 2012

I use it weekly. Bus to and from Milan central is found out the front easy to use and regular. The terminal is not large. They have just started to rebuild the area where you go through security - now half the size twice the queue. Not good! Eating places in the terminal are OK some choice landside and airside. Linate has only 6 air bridges - so you usually have to get a bus to a parked plane. There is no walkway from arrivals to gates - for passengers transferring. You have to exit and then go through the waiting and security to get to your gate - Not good either!

Review by (Malta) 24th April 2012

I have used it twice and both times were a nightmare. Staff are inefficient and rude. On our entry through security a female officer was checking if we had tickets. When it came my turn I showed her I had 6 tickets and she rudely remarked in Italian 'do you think I can see your names if you don't hand me your tickets properly'. I was carrying a camera on a sling bag and a tripod. This same officer came rushing and told me that I couldn't carry the tripod. I had never any problems with it. A fellow traveller in my group offered to put the tripod in his bag and she objected saying that it had to be my bag. At that point I was lucky enough for a senior officer to come by and he let us pass. The second time we arrived 2.5 hrs before departure and waited 30mins for an attendant to check us in. No queuing facilities so everybody was pushing and skipping one another. In the end it took the attendant almost 2 hrs to do the check-In and we nearly missed the flight.

Review by (France) 1st April 2012

Flew in and out of LIN. The facilities are totally inadequate no one speaks proper English. I arrived early; 4hrs before my flight but was not able to check in my luggage at the Air France counter for "security reasons." I finally was able to check in 2.5hrs before the flight taking off leaving little time to work in the lounge.

Review by (Ireland) 7th November 2011

Seems to have improved. Passport control much quicker. Bags arrived within minutes and there were plenty of taxis. Was on my way in to town within half an hour of landing. Have things changed or was I lucky? I'd like to think the former.

Review by (France) 12th April 2011

In transit on my trip FCO-LIN-ORY. Compact airport but fairly basic facilities. Terminal looks tired with insufficient lighting and very confusing signage. Quite limited seating areas at the boarding gates - only 5 airbridges therefore most flights board by bus. Alitalia Business lounge has nice views on the apron but is shockingly cramped and overcrowded. Very cheap offer: you have to ask for drinks which are served in plastic cups; for food a cardboard plate is handed out! Thumbs-up however for the helpful and smiling staff.

Review by (Ireland) 26th February 2011

Last review I posted was about arriving here. Leaving from here is a shambles. From start to finish a shocking experience. Bus from Milan leaves you off at arrivals. Terminal building terribly signposted. Signage in check in area almost non existent. Could not find a shop selling English language newspapers anywhere. 20 min queue for passport control for non Schengen departures and then no shops at all after this point. I have used FCO/MXP/VCE/BLQ without major difficulty. Linate is a joke in comparison. Avoid at all costs.

Review by 23rd June 2008

Arrived from Dublin. Only 2 passport desks open one for non EU nationals so just one desk for EU. Very slow and annoying. Bags returned quickly though. Huge queue for taxi. Much better off getting the Starfly bus from just outside the door of the terminal.

Review by 28th April 2008

Flew to Linate due to its proximity to the city. However once you get out of the baggage claim you are most likely to be lost if you don't know your way around. If you don't know Italian you are in even more trouble as people choose not to speak in English on purpose even if they know. Once you figure out which buses take you to where it becomes a bit easier. If you can avoid the Route 73 bus to the city from the airport as it is just a normal bus and you will have tough time with luggage. Departures at the airport are hassle-free but people inside the airport will only know areas that they work at and nothing else about the airport so don't bother asking. Their answer will most likely be I don't know where.
/10

Review by 21st September 2006

I use Linate airport all the time as Easyjet has a convenient daily flight from London. I'm Italian and I'm the first to admit that in Italy cleanliness of public places leaves a lot to be desired. The toilets are often very dirty and so are the bar areas often with uncollected cups and plates on the tables. My other gripe is that checking in (at least with Easyjet) involves a shapeless queue and check in staff (who I believe are airport employees not Easyjet staff) often look as if they are really doing you a favour by opening their desk. However: Linate is very close to the centre of town a 15 minutes cab ride from my sister's house! I have never had any problems with luggage either (touch wood). Considering that Malpensa has a reputation for being the European hub for luggage theft and that it's absolutely miles away from Milan I'd say it's a no-brainer: fly to Linate if you have the choice.
/10

Review by 26th February 2004

I'm Italian and I live in Milan. Linate is my airport and only it. Ok the structure is quite old it was built using ancient conception for air terminal building. But it's a treasure: just 10 mins to downtown with public transport (1€ for ticket). In the last years with the new MXP terminal (it's a hell that place!!) many destination were cut since Linate's network but for domestic trips and for the connection to FRA MAD LHR & CDG this airport is very useful. Facilities are old but ok and - despite of Milan MXP apt - when you land at LInate you are sure to collect your bags (not the same in MXP where you can be sure to lose them!).