Top 100 Airlines

Manila Airport

"real disappointment are the food outlets"

Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 is a clean airport. Signage is clear and easy to follow. The real disappointment are the food outlets and also the queuing times. The first thing that you will do is go through a very long line up outside the terminal. Once you are in, you must put your luggage through an X-Ray machine. You then proceed to your check in counter where you will again join a queue to check in. Food outlets are on the second floor and that's where chaos is. So many flights going on at the same time that most food outlets are full and the one's that are not, usually don't offer decent tasting meal (well, from the pictures posted outside their restaurant). There are limited food stalls as well once you are inside but again, mostly full and nowhere to sit. Air conditioning was not working properly at that time so the departures area are so warm. You can see the discomfort on everyone's face.Boarding was fast and organize though. Clear and loud announcements from the airline staff. Wifi is spotty and kicks you out all the time and I think it was limited to 1 hour only (not sure). Don't come to the airport hungry because you will probably lose your temper finding a place to have a decent meal. Bring extra patience, you may need it as well.
Date VisitMay 2016

"worst airport to transit"

Manila airport is a dump and it makes it even worse when you have to spend 14 hours here. We thought we'd be able to leave the airport and visit Manila for the day, however, were told that we would have to be staying for 4 days in order to leave the airport, which leads me to believe that if you book a couple of nights in Manila, they wont let you leave, surely this can't be right? I can only think I got a grumpy immigration officer. There were no comfortable chairs, apparently there is a new transit lounge coming soon, which was of no use to us of course. There are day rooms and sleep loungers that can be booked in terminal 1 and 3, but of course we were in terminal 2, therefore stuck in limbo. Terminal 2 gate side, only has kiosk type shops, all you can get is sandwiches, hot dogs and pasta in plastic containers. Worst airport to transit for more than a couple of hours, horrendous. With so many transit passengers, you'd think they'd make the most of it to bring some income into the country, but it would appear they are not interested. The one good thing was they had some WiFi and charge points.
Date VisitApril 2016

"Terminal 3, almost enjoyable"

I recently used Manila airport Terminal 3 for a domestic flight and then, a week later Terminal 2 for an international flight. I have to say the experience in Terminal 3 was almost enjoyable this time. Aside from the pointless security check before entering the terminal and the long lines of people with many big cases and boxes that no one at security was remotely interested in in - once inside everything was fine. The check in process with Cebu Pacific was a breeze. There are much better shops and choices for eating upstairs these days (landside) although options are still fairly limited when you go through security. But at least Terminal 3 feels like a more modern airport now. Sadly the same can't be said of Terminal 2 which, rather than needing an overhaul needs demolishing. The last time I passed through an airport with the same kind of regimented negative ambiance was Berlin in the 1970's. Few shops, and even fewer options for food and drink. The sad thing is that this is the terminal used by PAL the national airline and until they or the authorities look around at what sort of impression it must give to first time visitors I doubt much will change, because I don't think any of them care. But I'll give NAIA 6 out of 10 purely for T3 because improvements have definitely taken place. However I never want to see T2 again.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"everything is old and dated"

(Hong Kong)

Still the worst airport in the world, even after a few upgrades. I arrived in international terminal 2, and departed from domestic terminal 2. Nothing has changed in this terminal in over 10 years. The luggage area is a zoo with no coordination on domestic luggage transfer. Everything is old and dated in this terminal. The departure area has very uncomfortable metal seats, very bad lighting and disgusting toilets. There were 2 small device charging stations that were always full during the 2 hours I waited for my flight. On my return I arrived in Terminal 4 which has been upgraded slightly but is still a mess with poor air conditioning and only 1 toilet for the entire luggage area. The lineup outside of the woman's toilet had over 20 women waiting. I took the airport transfer bus which operates inside the airport thinking this would be faster than using a taxi to go to terminal 1 as it took me over 1 hour last year but it still took over 1 hour. You wait in this tiny overcrowded room for the bus which arrived 40 minutes later (amazing they do not have a bus every 10 or 15 minutes given the amount of people using this airport). Terminal 1 has been upgraded and is slightly better but has huge lines in the ticket area, for some reason they do not have switchback line ups, but allow people to que up in lines with over 100 people in them so you have to cut through the lines just to get to the immigration area. The wifi in Terminal 1 and 2 is terrible. It unusable. There is only 1 toilet after security near the very poorly stocked duty free shops. Again long lines to use the woman's toilet. The departure area is newer looking with semi-comfortable seating and good lighting. This is an improvement but it is still no where near the standard of Hong Kong or Singapore airports. The Philippine government should be very embarrassed that this is the airport they welcome international travelers with to their country. From what I read there is no plans of a new airport or any other major changes in the existing airports. The traffic between terminals is atrocious, and although there are plans to build a raised highway above the connecting roads it has been under very slow construction for many years now with no end in sight.

"dramatic improvement"

We arrived at Manila Airport Terminal 3 as an international arrival on a Cebu Pacific flight. Our arrival gate was a very long walk from immigration. The terminal was clean, mostly empty and the aircon was fine at that time. When we got to immigation after a 10 minute walk, we found about 6 passport control desks open, which for that time was excellent. There were no queues. Unfortunately the system was down, so we could not be processed. This lasted only about 5 minutes. The luggage arrived as we got to the baggage hall. Therefore a relatively straightforward arrival as we were met by family. Our next experience was from a domestic flight on Philippine Airlines. We were bussed into the terminal and it was a short walk to the baggage hall. The bags arrived in good time. No issues at all and no delays. However when we went outside to find a taxi we were met by touts. As there are major road works around the airport, I wanted a fixed price taxi. As we approached the taxi area straight out from the arrivals, there were 4 or 5 official looking people in blue uniforms. They looked official guiding passengers to waiting taxis and one of them showed us a brochure stating the fixed price to Malate was 1,800 pesos. Only last year the price was much less. Seeing the official fixed taxi price list on a pillar further along beside a taxi counter, I went to look at this. It showed a price of only 530 pesos which we accepted. It would have been very easy to take the tout rate as they looked like official operatives. Our final departure was from Terminal 1 on a Sunday. Traffic approaching the terminal was quiet. We entered the building and passed through the security in only a couple of minutes. There was no queue for our check in at Malaysia Airlines. The queue for passport control was about 5 minutes and security was a further 5 minutes. This area has been refurbished and is now bright, clean and spacious. The aircon was fine. The shopping has also been redeveloped and is much improved. However there is not much choice. We have been through the airport many times in the past. This year showed a dramatic improvement to the layout and infrastructure. Hopefully they can keep improving.
Date VisitApril 2016

"worst terminal I have been in"

The worst terminal I have been in. Departure Friday April 29. Whoever designed the traffic routing is an absolute madman. The last kilometre took about 1 hour with traffic crisscrossing all over the place. No space to drop people off so everyone had no choice but to block the road. Lots of people panicking because they were about to miss their flights, stumbling with their suitcases over the motorway. Once inside the air-conditioning did not appear to work, it was extremely hot. Poor wifi. Never again will I choose an airline that uses terminal 3, I will go for terminal 1.
Date VisitApril 2016

"felt a genuine sense of hospitality"

I went on holiday to Manila from 21-26 April 2016. I departed for my return journey back to Singapore from NAIA Terminal 3 and had a pleasant experience. Upon arrival at the departure hall there were porters who helped carry my luggage, I felt a genuine sense of hospitality. Prior to the access into the departure hall, we had to go through security screening. This was a pleasant experience and security staff greeted me "Good Morning Sir, Welcome to NAIA Terminal 3 and We hope to see you again". After this, I proceeded to the airline counter for the normal check in. Check in staff were helpful and ensured passengers did not have to wait in line for long.

"power failed"

The date was 2nd April, 2016. Power failed at 8.50pm. All in total darkness. Passengers used mobile phone light to use toilets. All access in and out of airport blocked by security. Access to food area blocked by security. No food and water for passengers and families with small children for 5 hours. No announcements were made. Air conditioning failed. No stand by generators. The place was sweltering. No one in charge of such a busy airport. Tens of thousands of passengers lined outside the airport had no water or toilets. Children were screaming everywhere. Power restored after 5 hours. Just imagine that this is a very busy international airport. No one will be held responsible for such poor service. Really awful.

Manila Airport customer review

(Philippines)

Our flight from Manila was delayed for 3 hours because of traffic congestion. We were the first 9:00am flight from Terminal 4 but we departed at 12:00. Staff didn't offer help to push the wheelchair provided for both departure and arrival. Arrival was also poor - we waited 20 minutes for the plane to touchdown and another 15-20 minutes for a gate. If you don't want to waste your time, use PAL for T2 which is a lot better because it has more gates.
Date VisitApril 2016

"fast WiFi a plus factor"

(Philippines)

Manila airport Terminal 3 is good compared to the other terminals. Seems to be properly managed by the staff in terms of cleanliness. Signage is good and there are a lot of shopping options but these are expensive. A real plus factor was the fast WiFi connectivity inside the terminal.
Date VisitMarch 2016