Manila Airport

Review by (France)

Upon arrival at the airport we had to hand our health declaration forms, I was quite familiar with the process since it wasn't the first time I was traveling in and out of Manila. Most people didn't understand what was going on and what we were queuing for because there weren't any signs so people were going in different directions. It's been a long time since I have been to Ninoy Aquino International Airport and I noticed that they have started doing the renovations and it was chaotic, not enough signs and there were idle staff just hanging around the airport, I have no idea if they're supposed to be there to welcome the tourists. Some of the staff were acting as if the airport was a market to try to make the tourists visit the duty-free store before heading to the immigration. I felt it unnecessary to "promote" the duty-free store. Customs and immigration was quite rapid and efficient. Although, it took them a while to get the luggages in the carousel. The exterior hasn't changed at all. Departure was fast and efficient as well, pleasant staff. Then again, not enough signs, I cannot stress this enough. Luckily, I know how to get around. While waiting to board the plane, we checked out a few of the shops. I inquired about a specific product and a staff member wasn't very knowledgable about what they were selling. They should add more shops and restaurants inside. It's pretty boring and there's not much to do. I don't remember if they had free wi-fi. Make sure you have food and drinks with you before heading to your gate because once you're in, it's such a hassle to go back out again. It was frustrating. Even going to the toilet had to be complicated, I had to leave my boarding pass to the agent and then they handed me a pass to take with me. They should not put the barriers and let the passengers come and go freely. The toilets were literally a few steps away. They don't sell anything inside the gates at least where I was, no air conditioning, they have giant fans but not enough. I was sweating like a pig. Overall, it was a huge mess and it could have been worse if not for the friendly staff.
Date VisitJanuary 2015

Review by (Philippines)

I really wonder who are the team members in charge of this airport. There is lots of empty space but they don't care to put the things that passengers really need. I had to spend 7 hours there between two flights. I thought I'll buy something to read and watch some movies on my laptop. Those things that make sense anywhere in the world do not apply in Manila airport terminal 3. No newspaper or book shop in the waiting area. You can buy any kind of clothes in the waiting area but you can't buy a newspaper or a book. No socket to plug your laptop. You'll see people sitting on the floor near the few sockets available to make sure they can charge their devices. This is ridiculous. Such a bad image of the country for people who travel there.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Review by (Philippines)

Departure with AirAsia on Aug 4. I was scared that I'd be stuck in traffic so I went to the airport several hours before my flight. This was the worst terminal I've seen in a big city. There is nowhere to have a decent meal, the internet is free but is extremely slow (good for whatsapp but even loading Google takes several seconds). Many tiles on the floor are broken, which makes the terminal look dirty. Even though some flights take off later in the evening, most shops close at 8 pm, leaving you with nothing to do at all. There are less than 20 sockets for hundreds of people who want to use their phones and their laptops, it seems like airport staff do not want to invest in 5-dollar extension cables to allow more people to plug their electronic devices. Next time I'll fly an airline that doesn't take off from this place, even if I have to pay more.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Review by (Australia)

I arrived on a flight from Ho Chi Minh travelling alone with a little 3 year old who was sick and required carrying and a 5 year old. The customs staff were excellent, attentive and showed considerable courtesy, ushering us through and providing practical assistance. The kindness the ground staff showed was very much appreciated and made my transit with a sick baby possible.
Date VisitJuly 2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (Australia)

Terminal 2 designed in the 1960's and renovated. Friendly staff, but I can't say one good thing about the facilities. Multiple unnecessary security checks, overlapping queues, insufficient waiting or seating space, poor food, minimal air con. Aircraft late departure due to hold-ups for poor passenger handling. A poor advertisement for tourism.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Review by (Japan)

Flew on a NRT-KUL-MNL-NRT route. I've been to this airport for plenty of times now and I was surprised to see few improvements in Terminal 1. But still, the airport staff are rude, the information desk officer was on his phone which was extremely unprofessional. There is Wi-Fi around the building but connection is only available in certain areas. I was on a Malaysia Airlines flight, plane being parked at gate 16, which has no Wi-Fi connection. There are smoking areas and cafeterias on the fourth floor but it was awful. Boarding gates are cramped, entering the terminal building requires an unnecessary x-ray check, immigration counters were few and slow, toilet cleaning staff will try to ask you for some money for using "their" facility, no inter-terminal connection (if you have an onward connecting flight to another terminal, for some nationalities you may need to secure a visa as you will use the public roads outside of the airport, and the traffic condition is horrible), the terminal is extremely small, and the check-in counter area is packed, with few seats on the waiting area. This is by far the worst airport I've been to, something that you won't expect from a Southeast Asian country, which has some of the best airports in the world.
Date VisitMay 2015

Review by (Canada)

This is the worst airport in the world. Here are just a few reasons: 1) Very poor AC in all terminals, especially terminal 3 and 4. 2) No usable wifi in any terminals. 3) Very long queues to enter terminals, especially at terminal 3. 4) Non-existant inter-terminal transportation. There is not internal terminal connections system and the traffic on the roads is ridiculous. It can take over an hour to get from terminal 3 to terminal 1. 5) Terminal cleanliness is disgusting. Toilets beyond disgusting. 6) Terminal 4 is by the the worst terminal - how can you be allowed to put 600 people into a non-air conditioned room that holds about 200? This is how they great visitors to this country! Go to Singapore and see what a real airport looks like!
Date VisitJune 2015

Review by (Philippines)

NAIA Terminal 2 used to be a good airport terminal that has regressed over the years. It still has the poorly maintained and cramped toilets. There are still inadequate food choices; at least 3 food stalls at the international departure section are selling the same items. Metal seats are very uncomfortable waiting passengers. Wifi is available but does not work. Worse arriving passengers have to wait for hours just to get a cab. Arrival area are full of barkers asking passengers to ride taxis that cost 4 times more expensive than regular cab fare.

Review by (Belgium)

After experiencing in 2014 the world largest sauna I was a bit apprehensive to return to this airport. What a change with terminal 1. Had a very smooth arrival with friendly smiling immigration officer arrived by 4pm with Qatar Airways by 4.30pm I was already in a cab with luggage. The departure area in T1 still had too few lines but its far more structured then before. Working air-conditioning. Just one small detail the smoking area on the 4th floor is awful.

Manila Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Terminal 2. On arrival (late afternoon) I was out of the terminal within 45 mins of landing with the majority of that time spent in baggage claim. The Taxi wait for metered cabs was dreadful with plenty of touts eager to charge over the odds. Departures was quick and efficient mid afternoon as was Security and Immigration (no queues at all) and I was in the Departures area within 5-10mins of entering the terminal. Not many major airports can manage that. Airport Charge (PHP 550) is now included in the ticket price. With Philippine Airlines working very hard to improve their on-time reliability and price competitiveness (Cebu Pacific were putting them out of business) they are now a good choice for regional destinations and T2 is working hard to meet that challenge.