Luton Airport

"airport totally unprepared"

Not Verified | Worst experience of my life, forecast of snow and this airport was totally unprepared, sat for almost 6 hours with no information, most flights cancelled and then treated like animals and not letting us leave, rude staff, overcrowded, safety issues, would never travel from this airport again, they should be ashamed of how they treated customers.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"queues were terrible"

Not Verified | Awful airport. Buses were slow to pick us up. Immigration queues were terrible. Baggage was late. Car park barriers don’t recognise prepaid parking by registration plates like other airports do. Train station is terrible too. How sad that many people’s first impressions of England are this dump of a place.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"such a rip-off"

Unverified | Literally such a rip-off. Getting there from London costs the same as going to Birmingham by train and back. Tried to buy an off-peak return ticket for £10.20 and they charge £17.20 because you're also buying a normal ticket apparently but that's not stated when buying the return ticket. The airport itself has a women's bathroom at the arrivals section with two stalls, meaning after a flight there's a 20 person queue standing at the door. Not an exaggeration.

"an absolute disgrace"

Unverified | I have used all four London airports this year for work travel and all I can say is Luton is an absolute disgrace. Why anyone would want to start or end a holiday there is beyond me. Staff loitering around looking bored and like they couldn’t care less, queues, chaos, grime, never enough space and taking your cash at every possible turn. It’s just an armpit of an airport that I will avoid at all costs in future. I am sorry for anyone whose first experience of London consists of arriving at Luton.

"Disgusting, dirty, disorganised"

Unverified | Disgusting, dirty, disorganised. Never again. Filthy toilets, filthy full stop, grossly over priced. Traveling as a group of 7 incl 3 children under 11, two who are Autistic with special assistance booked. We were told to go to the front of the queue to book in to be met by the most miserable staff member, who was not the least bit helpful. We felt we had to explain our situation as the boys dont have broken legs, arms or not in wheelchairs! Passing through x-ray, passport was a joke, again explained we had special assistance to go to the front of the queue. A very young foreign lady waved us through only to find she'd sent us the wrong way and another miserable guy telling us off! No sorry or help when we explained we had been told to go through. Try standing in queues with children that are liable to have a meltdown at the slightest thing, sounds, crowds, smells. We will never travel through Luton again!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"charge for dropping off passengers"

Verified Review | They have cheek to charge for dropping off passengers, then they fine you if you pick up anywhere in the airport so be very careful. Poor Car Fine signage. A trap to pay GBP 40. The experience inside airport is worse with long queues poor service and delays.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"least favourite London airport"

Unverified | Visited yesterday to collect some passengers. Short stay car park was extortionate and also does not even have a made up surface, basically it's rough terrain which is difficult to walk on if you have any knee problems. It's a long hike to the arrivals area. I was young and fit and it was a lot longer than the 4 minutes they advertise. Once inside I was shocked by the filthy ladies toilets, overflowing sanitary bins with items on the floor, dirty sinks and only one working had dryer. Several members of staff leaning on the wall chatting loudly and were actually quite intimidating, I think they were the cleaners! Definitely my least favourite London airport even though the flight was on time.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"I'm pleased that things are improving"

Verified Review | I used to hate this airport with a passion so I'm pleased that things are improving. For an 08.30 flight security queues were minimal took about 5 minutes to clear. The only real issue they need to sort out now is the lack of seating in the main concourse. Once your flight's gate has been announced (50 minutes before departure) you can go to the gates where there is plenty of room, until then you wait in the cattle market.

"it is a mess"

Unverified | After what seemed ages waiting for the road improvements on the approach to Luton, I was really disappointed that it took longer to travel from the M1 junction than it did to travel from Heathrow. The roundabout just before the car parks is an absolute mess and was just gridlocked. As I infrequently drop and or collect my family do I need to build an extra hour into my schedule just to allow for the poor planning at this roundabout. 1 out of 10 seems harsh but having all this time to make the experience of travelling to the airport a pleasure. Instead it is a mess, no wonder Luton will only ever be second rate regional airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"What an absolute nightmare"

Unverified | Travelled from Luton to Bulgaria 3rd September. After checking in we made our way through to departures. What an absolute nightmare. Overcrowded with not enough seating for everyone. We travelled as a family and all got split up in the crowds. One entrance to the gates and other passengers stood around with no place else to go. Shocking! The area needs to be sorted or less flights going through at any one time. Until it is I would avoid this airport!