Luton Airport

"Rude and inefficient staff"

Trip Verified | Worst airport of all time. My plane was delayed due to poor co-ordination of the airport with flight traffic, and had to miss a precooked coach to Oxford. Long queues at the passport control as well. Rude and inefficient staff everywhere. The wifi here is also non-existent. If arriving in London, please abstain from Luton!
Date VisitJune 2018

"multi-storey car park is a rip-off"

Trip Verified | The multi-storey car park is a rip-off if you pre book and go over your stay. I paid £90 for 4 days, expensive but convenient so I was happy with that. At no point were the overpayment charges made clear. My stay worked out at £2.45 per hour. However I was delayed nearly 5 hours and was charged £55 in over payemnt charges. 5 times what I piad per hout and over half the cost of my original 4 day stay. No apology from "Customer Services", and no offer of a refund. Disgraceful!

"No tannoy announcements"

Trip Verified | Arrived in departures at 18.15 on 1st June in time for our 19.20 flight to Jersey. Flight tracker was showing boarding gate up at 18.45 (5 minutes before gate was due to close) We went into a shop, came out at 18.30 to find the time had changed to 20.00. We decided to get something to eat, as we could not get any internet on phones or Ipad we phoned home for an update. Daughter said plane was due to leave at 19.35, so we checked the flight tracker again, still showing no gate until 20.00. Paid our bill, went out at 19.30 to find gate closed! Went to gate 6 customer service desk, no one there, phoned the number on the desk, no answer. Were then assured by an airport employee that our flight had not left and was on its way from Barcelona and to sit and wait. Finally at 21.00 we were taken back to departures as they had now decided the flight had gone (it had actually landed in Jersey at 20.20) The customer services asst shut the desk as we got there and we were told to rebook our flights when we got home. No tannoy announcements about our flight and no one knew what was happening.
Date VisitJune 2018

"One of the worst airports"

Not Verified | Just awful. It was my first visit to the airport in two years as I avoid it as much as possible. This time it was a business trip and unfortunately it was unavoidable. Despite a lot of work being done to the airport and it’s surrounding it is still a miserable experience which puts the airport to shame. Rude staff, long and inadequate check in experience as well as lack of assistance is just shocking. Little seating at the gates and long queues add to this pitiful experience. If you’re travelling with a child, it’s a nightmare as you need to get down quite a few flights of statues without any help with the pram. One of the worst airports I’ve ever experienced.
Date VisitMay 2018

"whole airport is dreadful"

Not Verified | Not surprised that it has been voted the worst airport in UK as it really is. Approach roads far too small, car parks finished to poor condition and expensive. Terminal total shambles. Don't expect to have time for a drink or food as it will take hours and not enough space to sit down but funnily enough they have managed to get all the stores nice and new so you can spend even more money. Once at the gates you are herded like cows with no airconditioning or lifts and rude staff. Overall experience in the whole airport is dreadful. I personally would rather fly from Heathrow or Birmingham. Shame as Luton is nearest to me

"simply the worst"

Trip Verified | As a number or other reviews, simply the worst I have ever travelled from. Desks woefully under staffed, staff tired and stressed. Worst was the gates - got shunted from gate 26 at one end of the airport and down 5 flights of stairs, no lift for the pushchair etc, to be told by other travellers that we were at the wrong gate. Finally advised we were at Gate 2, right the other end of the airport. Complete lack of info from any staff or announcements through the whole debacle.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Just a massive rip off"

Not Verified | Dump, overpriced for everything. Charge for drop off, charge for a trolley and then keep you waiting interminably for your luggage. Just a massive rip off. No staff, joyless place.

"quite simply the worst"

Not Verified | As a frequent traveller I use many airports. Luton is quite simply the worst! Too many travellers for the facility. Long queues, impossible to get into the airport, over stressed impolite staff. It seems that money is the only factor Luton Airport management care about. Shops before customer experience!

"an absolute nightmare"

Not Verified | Luton airport is an absolute nightmare. 15 mins waiting to park the car to drop off! 15 mins to get through check in. 20 mins to get through security. I am not surprised people are missing their flights. All over the place. Shocking! Managed to get to the gate running and running and threw myself at the plane.
Date VisitMay 2018

"I do so hate that airport"

Not Verified | I am a frequent flyer to Luton, if I could use another airport I would. It is always so busy and cramped. The staff are not very pleasant and if a flight is delayed the airline staff appear to vanish. Frequently my flights are delayed and in some cases cancelled and it is impossible to find out what is going on. The boards say check the airline app on phone for updates but the Wi-Fi is atrocious even if I use my own network. So it is very very frustrating. On occasions I have had to ring friends or family to see if they can check online to see what is happening. Also if delayed it's hard to find a seat or time after time I have to stand in a sticky stairway or room along with a lot of other passengers. When I land at Luton they never seem to be able to organise buses or the steps quick enough. Surely they know when a flight is landing or is there a shortage of these? I do so hate that airport.
Date VisitApril 2018