Luton Airport

"forced to queue for well over 40 minutes"

Not Verified | On arriving from Faro we were forced to queue for well over 40 minutes to get to immigration control. They seemed not have enough staff on duty. Considering our experience in Faro airport at Luton seemed like being in a third world country. As an advert for travellers to the UK it was appalling. Bags were also wet when we eventually got to collect them.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"the worst airport I have been to"

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst airport I have been to over the last years in western Europe. The terminal is too small for such a high volume of passengers, security control is a disgrace with rude and incompetent staff that give you orders like headmasters or nuns to children in boarding schools. Once you are in the gate areas you feel like either in a hospital or a school. Looks like anything but an airport. After planes land, it can take up to 30 minutes until aircraft stairs are available to deboard the planes. Same for buses between terminal and aircraft. Last night my Easyjet flight arrived after midnight, we had to wait for further 30 minutes on the plane to deboard because there was no stairs and no bus available.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"one of the worst I have ever used"

Trip Verified | I begrudgingly use this airport as it's relatively close to where I live - location seems to be its only redeeming factor. The airport is quite possibly one of the worst I have ever used. The entire thing is summarised by its poor construction and complete lack of attention to detail - customer experience seems to be an after thought. Build quickly and as cheap as possible. The entire experience from start to finish is reminiscent of cattle farming. Nothing is cheap at this airport. You're overcharged for absolutely everything. Take the bus from the airport for example, £2.60 for a single journey that is a mile on a bus that's seen better days. Parking is extortionate. You'll be charged £2 for the luxury of using a trolley. I could forgive the high prices if the airport was nice and you got a sense that your money was being invested in upgrading the overall traveller experience, instead you feel exploited. I thought I would get a beer before my flight. Decided to go to the Est bar in front of Boots in the departure lounge. Looked up in horror to see the signage above the bar absolutely caked in dust. This place has to be violating some form of Health and Safety law. There is absolutely no attention to detail in this airport. The airport signs look like they were produced as part of someones GCSE graphics project. It appears as though the entire place is run by people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing. Good luck finding a seat in the departure lounge.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"35 minutes to get through passport control"

Not Verified | I was picking my son and girlfriend up from their flight from Geneva. It landed at 11pm. They only had hand luggage. Due to the chaos within border control, it took them 35 minutes to get through passport control. That resulted in me having to pay £14 in parking charges. It's a disgrace! Why should I have to pay for the airports incompetence? If you can't handle the passenger numbers don't penalise us. Your parking arrangements are robbery!

"Come on Luton Airport"

Not Verified | Come on Luton Airport! There are lower depths you haven’t sunk to yet in your bid to fleece your customers out of money! With all your millions of arrivals you’re still not charging them to use one of the three, yes three, toilet cubicles you have generously provided in the arrivals area. You even provide free toilet paper. A definite fleecing opportunity missed to increase your profits, tut tut!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"charged £31 for a 25 min stay"

Not Verified | Recently arrived at the airport having read the pick up and drop short stay prices before hand. One sign even stated on the way in, £8 for half hour. On the way out, I was charged £31 for a 25 min stay, to which I was told the rules had changed. Never heard anything of the kind before, especially with the signage up and even the internet prices stated. To say I'm dissapointed but also concerned would be an understatement, the abuse of authority is a disgrace and needs looking at closely and sharply. Pictures have been attached for extra sauce.

"Avoid if possible"

Not Verified | Never pay with coins for the drop off. The machines take every penny and you can forget about the change or the coins which the machine doesn't want to take. Ripped of at least 7 times with a pound or more. Once they had some kind of a problem with the bariers and I had to wait, that cost me £7 but in reality I was on the drop off for 5 minutes, all the rest was their problem for which I had to pay. If you pay in cash you can't prove anything. Avoid if possible! I have a camera fitted in the car and I'll count every second there because it's getting very annoying!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"an absolute pigsty of an airport"

Not Verified | Used Luton to get to Faro. Honestly, the busiest most disgusting airport I've ever in all my 9 years of traveling been to. When we got to the car park, it was pouring with rain and we had to walk for about 5 minutes to get to the entrance. Inside there were absolutely no announcements, the check-in desks were so busy airport terminal was extremely dirty toilets were zoos and seating was bottom scale. At the security desk was almost twice as bad. The staff at both check-in and the rest were rude and didn't know manners, the plane left 10 minutes late so all in all this place is an absolute pigsty of an airport.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Will never use this airport again"

Not Verified | Terrible. Huge queues at Border barriers with 30 minutes plus waiting time. Then another 30 mins wait for baggage - it finally arrived 1 hour after flight touched down. No explanation and no staff to help. Bus and train ticket machines all inoperable. Will never use this airport again.

"I was not impressed"

Not Verified | This is the first time I've gone from Luton and as a first experience, I was not impressed. The airport was busy and dirty and when I saw the speedy boarding line (I was using easyJet), it looked more like the slowly boarding. Signs and directions were not clear and the security area was a zoo. Boarding the plane was a nightmare therefore I really wish that I will never go to this airport again. P.S: Thank you so much for this horrible experience, Luton Airport.
Date VisitJuly 2017