Luton Airport

"it is a mess"

Unverified | After what seemed ages waiting for the road improvements on the approach to Luton, I was really disappointed that it took longer to travel from the M1 junction than it did to travel from Heathrow. The roundabout just before the car parks is an absolute mess and was just gridlocked. As I infrequently drop and or collect my family do I need to build an extra hour into my schedule just to allow for the poor planning at this roundabout. 1 out of 10 seems harsh but having all this time to make the experience of travelling to the airport a pleasure. Instead it is a mess, no wonder Luton will only ever be second rate regional airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"What an absolute nightmare"

Unverified | Travelled from Luton to Bulgaria 3rd September. After checking in we made our way through to departures. What an absolute nightmare. Overcrowded with not enough seating for everyone. We travelled as a family and all got split up in the crowds. One entrance to the gates and other passengers stood around with no place else to go. Shocking! The area needs to be sorted or less flights going through at any one time. Until it is I would avoid this airport!
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"would avoid this airport"

Unverified | Travelled from Luton to Bulgaria 3rd September. After checking in we made our way through to departures. What an absolute nightmare. Overcrowded with not enough seating for every one. We travelled as a family and got split up in the crowds. One entrance to the gates and other passengers stood around with no place else to go. Shocking! The area needs to be sorted or less flights going through at any one time. Until it is I would avoid this airport!
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"ground staff were super polite and efficient"

Verified Review | Returning from Palma on an easyJet flight, my husband's wallet fell out of his trouser pocket which we discovered after passing through passport control. Staff were contacted but it wasn't found and we were given a contact number to call later. We called as we were leaving the airport just in case it had been found and were informed that yes they had it and if we could meet them in 20 mins we could reclaim it. Everything was intact, and the ground staff were super polite and efficient requesting that the cash was counted to confirm everything was there. Thanks for the honesty and the willingness of the airport staff to return it, which saved us a lot of aggravation and inconvenience.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"extortionate costing short stay car-park"

Unverified | I have had to visit this sad excuse of an airport twice in the last 4 days to meet and return my son who was on a short visit. The first visit I used the extortionate costing short stay car-park with the off road quality lanes and narrow parking spaces. Walk to the arrivals area takes upwards of 10 minutes. Toilet facillity in the arrivals area is worthy of a third world country. Only upside is a M&S food outlet. Second visit took 40 minutes from approaching the roundabout leading to the airport and exiting. This is caused by the pedestrian crossing in the drop of zone being uncontrolled and hence constantly stopping traffic flow. Paying the equivalent of £18 an hour to drop passengers off surely some of the 100% profit they make could be set aside to remedy this.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"there were no assistants available"

Unverified | Travelled to Murcia from Luton and return. My first time on travel assistance thought not too bad until arriving in Murcia, what a difference, they were organised friendly and very efficient. Couldn't do enough for you, same on the return flight from Murcia. Get to Luton there were no assistants available, said we would have to wait about 1 hour or walk. No way could that happen, suddenly a young lady turned up and was taken all way to bus. Luton could take note of other airports being so efficient not only for assistance help but all passengers.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"weren't enough seats for the amount of passengers"

Unverified | The airport was crowded at 4am and there weren't enough seats for the amount of passengers. In general the space was not sufficient for the people transitioning through. Nor was it in any way efficiently stocked with shops to provide pre-flight meals. Drop off and pick up charges are extortionate. My mum came to pick me up and was in the drop off/pick up zone for no more than 20 minutes. She was charged £13! On top of that if I were a foreigner I would be dismayed to think I had landed in a part of London. The fact it's called London Luton airport is nonsense. To add to the façade the arrival walkway from the plane was littered with pictures of London and London tourists attractions. Completely deceitful.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"it was a very bad experience"

Verified Review | First of all it I never complain and usually let things just go over my head but I am so angry with the service received from border force at Luton Airport arrivals. First of all we were ushered to one of the bays at passport control by a member of staff only to wait there as not one but three bays were closed off and basically just left. Now I am usually the most patient of people but with a screaming, 3 month old and two other children and then the attitude we received from the border force staff member my patience was wearing thin. The compassion and help we had was zero. Very rude and to be honest point blank nasty. My husband was holding our baby who was very unsettled only to be asked why we are just standing there to remove our passports from the holders, I understand this is required but there is a way of speaking. Overall I will be very unlikely to use Luton Airport again as it was a very bad experience.

"drop off was appalling"

Unverified | Took my daughter to Luton for a 4am flight. Signage close to the airport for drop off was appalling an due to this there were massive queues of cars attempting to get into the correct lane. Dropped off my daughter to find queues on the way out because of the requirement to pay at a barrier to leave, no mention of this in the drop off zone. I only had money in notes, the machines do not take notes. To be charged to basically stop, drop a passenger and go is outrageous.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"a better experience than I expected"

Unverified | Travelled to the airport at 4am, straight through priority security lane in minutes, 5 minutes to get through search area and into departures. There are now 3 new eateries open we went into the Smithfield pub and the service was good and the food also but plenty of room to sit down. A bit packed in departures at around 5.30 am but this was because 8 flights going out around 6am. The same old problem at the airport up and down stairs to the plane, same on the way back. Arrived back around a Thursday around 12.30pm, straight through security E gates no problem in 5 mins, a better experience than I expected.