Vote Best Airline

Kalamata Airport

"a good alternative instead of Athens airport"

I've used this airport only once for an arrival. I came with a connecting flight from Paris with Aegean Airlines. I chose this airport, instead of Athens airport because it was more convenient and it was closer to my place. This airport is very small, I don't think it can handle more than 2 flights the same time. The good side is that it took me less than 20 minutes to deplane, collect my checked bag and leave. Kalamata airport is mostly use in the summer by European charter airlines. There's taxis available and a limited bus service to town. There's also a snack bar on the departures side. The flights are limited for a connection to countries outside Europe. Overall this airport is not very bad and it's a good alternative instead of Athens airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

Kalamata Airport customer review

Mainly a military airport with few passenger facilities: in arrivals there is one male and one female toilet but there is more ample provision elsewhere. Snack bar either side of passport control and very small duty-free shop. If aircraft delayed supplies can run out in snack bar.