Vote Now

Incheon Airport

"terrible service"

(Taiwan)

At Incheon Airport, I couldn't find any elevator up to the food court. Approached 2-3 information counters and there wasn't anyone at any of them. Had to ask a cashier in the Prada store to find out where the elevator is. There wasn't any directory to the foodcourt too. Terrible service.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"accessible for tourists"

Verified Review | Comparing to Singapore and Hong Kong airport. I feel that Incheon Airport is more accessible for tourists. We can move from one place to another by walking. The reason maybe it is more compactly built compared to the other 2 airports. One bad thing is that, this airport does not have any supermarkers.Thus we cannot shop for any last minute snacks before boarding. It is a nice airport though.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"immigration process took too long"

(Vietnam)

The building design is nice, a large space with garden area decoration. Many choices of drinks and foods. Easy to follow signs and boards. However, when I arrived, the immigration process took too long. Incheon should have more immigration counters to meet the large number of passengers, I had to wait around one hour. The immigration for departures was much quicker. There was a scale near the check-in counters for us to check whether our luggage was overweight or not which I appreciated.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"staff did nothing to improve the process"

(South Korea)

I currently live in South Korea and was traveling to Vietnam for a weekend trip. I was flying Asiana. I tried to check in using the kiosk, but could not synchronize my passport with my ticket. So got inline for the queue to check in and almost missed my flight. The queue was well over an hour and the staff were doing nothing to improve the process. Did not make any attempt to contact people in line that might have the possibility of missing their flight. On a good note, the agent did take action to get me on the flight in time. When I came back to Korea I approached the Immigrations line closest to the exit, which appeared to be open, but was told that it was closed. There were people going through the lines while I was inquiring about this. I was told this was for Koreans only. I then proceeded to the next area where I was told to go, which took 45 minutes to get through. There was not a single person in the Korean lines, but they would not extend the support to the foreigners.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"an inspiring, modern feel"

Verified Review | Incheon was an enjoyable airport for my connection. The logistics of making my connection were easy: no hassle with checked baggage, and a reasonable security checkpoint that was well-staffed. The airport had clear signs for directing passengers to where they needed to go. The terminal is clean, aesthetically pleasing, and has fantastic high, glass ceilings. There is a fair variety of food options, and an abundance of high-end shops (although not all that much for more budget-conscious folks). Seating in the terminal is comfortable. I noticed a section of reclined seats for napping, and these looked very comfortable. Incheon has an inspiring, modern feel, and is an enjoyable place to pass time. I recommend this airport for transfers.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"used to be a very good airport"

(South Korea)

ICN used to be a very good airport. I'm not sure it was really better than the rivals but nevertheless it did, and still does, a lot right that other airports don't do so well. But on my recent visits (and my location means I have to use ICN a lot) I'm experiencing serious flaws again and again. On departure, the main problem is if your flight leaves late in the evening or at night. There's simply hardly anything open at this time, which is unforgivable considering that there are several flights with hundreds of passengers on them, scheduled to depart at this time of day. I recently travelled on a Qatar flight just after midnight (with over 200 other passengers) and simply wanted to get some water for my young son and I to have for our long journey. There are several shops/counters near our departure gate in the main terminal (Qatar & Emirates now seem to be in the main terminal not the satellite) but they have all long since closed. There is one noodle cafe which has chairs blocking the entrance, but with someone behind the counter. However, she refuses to serve any of the several waiting passengers asking for things (mostly water, like us). I actually asked her in Korean what the problem was and was told that she could not put any transactions through the till outside of the shop's official opening times - and it had closed at 10pm. I asked at the one information counter I could find that was still staffed (about 5 mins walk from our gate) and was told, in a very apologetic tone by a young staff member clearly embarrassed to have to tell me this, that the only place I could buy any refreshments at all from was the Lotteria fast food counter by gate 10 - the far opposite end of the terminal to our gate. I know ICN well and, with a tired toddler in my care, that would have been a 20-25 minute walk there and back to our gate. And of course, if that was the only place open, who knows how long we might have had to wait to be served? So, with just 30 minutes left to our boarding time, I gave up. I'm appalled by this - for an international airport of some size this is completely inexcusable. Incheon Airport has spent a lot of money publicising its self-styled World Best Airport status. I'm sure just a fraction of that could have been used to provide even basic refreshment services within a reasonable distance of passengers travelling at night. As I live in Korea, ICN is often one of my few options but in future I'll be doing what I can to avoid it.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"good food choices, good pricing"

Incheon is a clean airport. Very clean rest rooms. Good food choices and good pricing - a little cheaper than an average US airport. Duty free is too expensive and a rip off - there are cheaper street prices in the US. Distance between gates is not horrendous and good clear signs. Comfortable seating areas near eateries.
Date VisitJune 2016

"immigration wait was 2 hours"

(Japan)

Immigration wait at Incheon airport was 2 hours - a joke. The immigration process in modern age is a joke as all passport details available before arrival. Is Korea innovative? No. The immigration here is old fashioned, boring and inefficient - hopeless
Date VisitJune 2016

"a very pleasant experience"

I've been to many different airports but there is no airport like Incheon. It's more than just an airport experience. Even just a step outside of the airport, there are plenty of public transit options to choose from. I hate having to rent a car and drive around when I travel, so I love that I do not need to rent a car here. The airport is clean and well maintained. They have a sauna (Spa) on the ground level so I always go to the airport early and relax before departure. Just a very pleasant experience.
Date VisitJune 2015

"queues just unacceptable"

(South Korea)

I use Incheon airport several times per year but my last experience was just terrible. It took about 1 hour to pass passport control. The queues were just unacceptable and staff did not care about it at all. Also it was so hot inside. The airport is clean as always, but it really needs some improvements with queuing.
Date VisitMay 2016