Hamad Doha Airport

"had to wait for 30 mins for our kids"

(Qatar)

Unverified | Doha is one of the best airports in the world. However this is a comment for further improvement. My family has had e-gate cards for over three years now and up until lately, our kids were allowed to get into a priority lane since kids are not issued e-gate cards. During my last entry into Qatar, they were asked to go into the regular lines and although myself and wife got through immigration quickly because we had the e-gate cards, we had to wait for 30 mins for our kids. This is really disappointing. I suggest that airport authorities consider a line only for kids so that if their parents have gone through e-gate counters, the kids can get through relatively quickly. Or else, e-gate may be issued to kids too if possible.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"new, spacious and well designed"

Verified Review | The airport is very new, spacious and well designed. As a transit business flyer I found it absolutely excellent in terms of the standard set of services I expect (seats, communications, personnel support, food, connectvity, etc.). Maybe a but "cold", especcially if compared to the wonderful cozy experience of Singapore, but definitely superior to super packed airports such as Dubai.
Date VisitMay 2017

"Not exactly how I wanted to start my visit"

Verified Review | Nice clean and modern airport. Not impressed by having only 3 immigration check point desks open with 300 people lined up (and it moves at a snails pace because you have to pay for the visa at the same point which slows things down). What made it better was when we were next in line and just about to leave they shut our line and made us go to the back of another line behind the people that were behind us instead of just swapping out he operator. So while I wait here wasting another half an hour uneasessarily I'm writing a review. Not exactly how I wanted to start my visit.
Date VisitJuly 2017

Hamad Doha Airport customer review

Verified Review | When you arrive to the airport you realise you are in a top airport, my best previous experience was Heathrow but this one in Doha offers in my opinion much more to do. There are many different stores for all kind of tastes, computers for free to web browse, relaxing places and nice views to the runways. It was a pleasure and such a great experience to be there.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"huge, clean, luxurious and attractive"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Would love to be at Doha Airport again and again. You can easily spend time here just roaming around the airport. It's huge, clean, luxurious and attractive. Lots of options to eat from cheap to expensive. Thing you can buy from cheap to expensive. Duty free staff have always been so nice to me. The airport is awake 24/7 no matter what time you will be there.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"recommend for transiting"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Doha is one of the best airports in the world. There are plenty of facilities here for a transit passenger. Terminal is fairly new, and the airport operator, does a nice job of maintaining the cleanliness. Quiet rooms are a nice touch for passengers that do not want to stay at the airside transit hotel, even though they are full of resting passengers, I still feel comfortable. Airport wifi is fast and reliable. One thing that I found lacking at Hamad Airport are the dining choices. Compared to SIN and HKG, DOH only has a few restaurants for transit passengers. Next time I will pass through DOH, I'll try to use the Oryx Lounge to see if its worth paying US$55 to use it. Another thing I really commend are the friendly staff. If you ask them where are the various facilities, they would gladly assist you. Overall, this is one of the airports I recommend for transiting.
Date VisitApril 2017

"clean, spacious and airy building"

(South Africa)

Unverified | A clean, spacious and airy building, a great place to pass through. Plenty of seating and not too much noise. The downstairs bus gates not so great but Qatar doesn't seem to use them, only subjected to that for RAM departure. Two arrivals and one departure on Qatar were all at airbridges.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"lovely and clean airport"

Doha is a very lovely and clean airport. Its like a city. There are so many things to see and do, good use of transit time if you do not have a visa to go out of the airport. Prices of things are comparable as in outside shops and you may pick up enough things to fill a hand luggage at decent prices.
Date VisitJune 2017

"very pleased with this airport"

I had a very bad exerience for transit some time ago but his time Doha was my destination and departure and I was very pleased with this airport. After arrival approx. 10 mins walk to immigration, it was quite empty there and I needed 10 mins to pass only. When I came to the baggage belt my luggage was already there. As I was hungry I wanted to eat before going downtown but in the arrival area there was only one coffee shop with very limited choice. So I decided to take taxi downtown, no queing time at all. Transfer time approx. 30 mins to downtown. Departure was smooth also, check in, security and immigration done within 15 minutes. In departure area many shops and restaurant with plenty of choice. Price level was high. Smoking lounges and free wifi available.

"simply brilliant"

Verified Review | Doha is one of the best airports in the world. Simply brilliant, can not be faulted. Easy to move around, great shops, and food outlet, sushi bar is magic. The children's play grounds and there are plenty of them are amazing. Toilets are spotless, Edinburgh take note. It could be one of the reasons to use Qatar Airway.