Hamad Doha Airport

"well indicated, easy to navigate around"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Only minus is slow WiFi connection which loosing signal when you move. Otherwise it’s very modern terminal with plenty of different shops (not only luxury). I bought some things here and it turned out to be cheaper than in Hong Kong airport and Paris airport. Airport is clean, well indicated, easy to navigate around. Qatar Airways offers free 3 hours tour of Doha!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"clean, quiet, well air conditioned"

Verified Review | I have read many recent reviews of this airport and feel I need to do my bit to help it’s reputation. Many travellers are comparing this airport to Singapore or Dubai, both airports have had years to perfect their operations (SIA is opening its 4th terminal this year!) Hamad is a brand new airport, and when I visited large parts of it were already being returned. Despite this the airport was clean, quiet, well air conditioned, and as airports go very fun. During a 12 hour layover in any airport you’re going to be bored, but for $50 you gain unlimited access to the spa pool and gym. Transferring was easy, you walk off the plane directly onto concourse, unlike other airports like suvarnabhumi where you need to go through security again. There is a selection of A-La carte restaurants as well as fast food counters. Free Apple computers for use and a strong WiFi through out all concourses of the terminal. I was there between 4pm-4am and the entire place was open, nothing was closed and all staff in shops and around the airport are friendly chatty and want to ensure all travellers have an exceptional experience. Watch out Changi, Hamad is going for top spot!
Date VisitJuly 2017

"We were all disappointed with the staff"

(Finland)

Verified Review | I was at Hamad International Airport Doha during my last flight with my friends. We had quite a long transit and we decided to book a hotel as they said promotional ticket doesn’t have complimentry hotel. We gave our passport and boarding pass to the staff and asked about the time they need to complete our request, she said it doesn’t take long. We understood that a short time meant half an hour or maximum 1 hour, but we were wrong. We had planned to see Doha for a couple of hours and rest in a hotel as well. But we spent 3 hours just for them to issue a visa and book a hotel. There were 40-50 Immigration counters but only a few of them (maximum 10) were in use. The immigration officers were not workig at all. The one officer we faced was chatting on his phone more than working. He asked me to look at the eye detection screen and then carried on chatting. I was countiniously looking at the screen and he wasn’t responding at all. We were all disappointed with the staff at Hamad International airport.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"a very pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Huge airport with long distances between some gates, as my flight arrived 40 minutes late I had to rush from one aircraft to another. Never bother with Duty Free but for those who have time plenty of choice. Lots of airport staff available if you need assistance, only had time to use the business class lounge on my return flight but know from experience it's one of the very best. All in all a very pleasant experience, despite the rush.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Whole experience is great"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Whole experience is great. Airport is big enough (not oversized) and has 1 terminal. Very clean. Very comfortable seats. Well indicated signs. Helpful staff. Plenty of different types of shops and has many gift shops. Food court is decent. WiFi connection is very weak but at least it’s free.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"an excellent hub for travellers"

Verified Review | Hamad International airport is an excellent hub for travelers, the ambiance of the airport is amazing, staff customer dealings are getting better day by day, it needs to improve, but it is getting much better. Equipped well to handle any rush, the complete check in and immigration exercise got completed in max 20 mins, superb it was, i loved the experience. The Duty free and food courts can literally spoil you, you have loads of options, for me Heathrow, Birmigham, Hamad Intl and Dubai are the favorite airports.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"the airport is not a comfortable place"

Unverified | Apart from water fountains, the airport is not a comfortable place. WiFi only works if you stand still as it feels like there is only about 10% coverage in the whole airport. Took me half an hour to find the food court. Information counters arent marked. If you see a circular desk with a blue pillar, that's it. The information desk guy said "yes its all clearly marked with a blue pillar". I guess now I know. There are no directories so you pretty much walk around until you find something. Or you could walk around and never find what you want. The airport works on the principle of "if its there, its there" Also security scan when transferring, seriously, what can you pick up between the door of the plane and the airport door?
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"consider what free things to provide"

Verified Review | This is a very large modern airport. It sells itself as a gateway airport for the area and also as a transit airport for interconnecting flights. Whilst it does it job efficiently, compared to Singapore we found this to be a very boring airport. Having five hours to spend there between flights, we found that there was nothing to do other than visit the high end shops (gold bars are not really my thing), eat or use the efficient wifi. They consider what free things to provide to the masses who do not have access to airport lounges. We had to purchase replacement water because ours was seized when we got off a plane and went through security to get our next plane. A replacement 0.5 litre bottle cost £2.44 in WH Smiths - rather expensive we thought. We will try to avoid this airport if we can if we have a large gap between flights for somewhere which adds benefits to passengers. Take a good book with you and some films to watch on your phone etc.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"lot of shops, bars and restaurants"

Unverified | Excellent airport: clean, huge terminal (seems like DXB), with a lot of shops, bars and restaurants. Huge airport: I recommand to checking where the boarding gate is located before shopping because you may have to walk more than 15 min to join the boarding gate.
Date VisitApril 2017

"There were so many people pushing"

Unverified | Huge airport and generally very spacious, until you reach security! Luckily our plane landed an hour earlier than expected from Auckland or we would've missed our connection. We ended up 'queuing' with 3 young, tired children, for 50 minutes at 11pm! There were so many people pushing and staff appeared to have no clue on how to deal with the crowds. Not a pleasant experience! Loads of cleaners (one ran into the toilet and covered the toilet seat with paper for my husband who wanted to clean his teeth) and men with walkie talkies looking important, but maybe they should train more people on security as 3 machines clearly aren't enough. Can't comment on the shops apart from to say they appeared empty - maybe because we were all running past, worrying about missing our connection!
Date VisitAugust 2017