Hamad Doha Airport

"Whole experience is great"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Whole experience is great. Airport is big enough (not oversized) and has 1 terminal. Very clean. Very comfortable seats. Well indicated signs. Helpful staff. Plenty of different types of shops and has many gift shops. Food court is decent. WiFi connection is very weak but at least it’s free.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"an excellent hub for travellers"

Verified Review | Hamad International airport is an excellent hub for travelers, the ambiance of the airport is amazing, staff customer dealings are getting better day by day, it needs to improve, but it is getting much better. Equipped well to handle any rush, the complete check in and immigration exercise got completed in max 20 mins, superb it was, i loved the experience. The Duty free and food courts can literally spoil you, you have loads of options, for me Heathrow, Birmigham, Hamad Intl and Dubai are the favorite airports.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"the airport is not a comfortable place"

Unverified | Apart from water fountains, the airport is not a comfortable place. WiFi only works if you stand still as it feels like there is only about 10% coverage in the whole airport. Took me half an hour to find the food court. Information counters arent marked. If you see a circular desk with a blue pillar, that's it. The information desk guy said "yes its all clearly marked with a blue pillar". I guess now I know. There are no directories so you pretty much walk around until you find something. Or you could walk around and never find what you want. The airport works on the principle of "if its there, its there" Also security scan when transferring, seriously, what can you pick up between the door of the plane and the airport door?
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"consider what free things to provide"

Verified Review | This is a very large modern airport. It sells itself as a gateway airport for the area and also as a transit airport for interconnecting flights. Whilst it does it job efficiently, compared to Singapore we found this to be a very boring airport. Having five hours to spend there between flights, we found that there was nothing to do other than visit the high end shops (gold bars are not really my thing), eat or use the efficient wifi. They consider what free things to provide to the masses who do not have access to airport lounges. We had to purchase replacement water because ours was seized when we got off a plane and went through security to get our next plane. A replacement 0.5 litre bottle cost £2.44 in WH Smiths - rather expensive we thought. We will try to avoid this airport if we can if we have a large gap between flights for somewhere which adds benefits to passengers. Take a good book with you and some films to watch on your phone etc.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"lot of shops, bars and restaurants"

Unverified | Excellent airport: clean, huge terminal (seems like DXB), with a lot of shops, bars and restaurants. Huge airport: I recommand to checking where the boarding gate is located before shopping because you may have to walk more than 15 min to join the boarding gate.
Date VisitApril 2017

"There were so many people pushing"

Unverified | Huge airport and generally very spacious, until you reach security! Luckily our plane landed an hour earlier than expected from Auckland or we would've missed our connection. We ended up 'queuing' with 3 young, tired children, for 50 minutes at 11pm! There were so many people pushing and staff appeared to have no clue on how to deal with the crowds. Not a pleasant experience! Loads of cleaners (one ran into the toilet and covered the toilet seat with paper for my husband who wanted to clean his teeth) and men with walkie talkies looking important, but maybe they should train more people on security as 3 machines clearly aren't enough. Can't comment on the shops apart from to say they appeared empty - maybe because we were all running past, worrying about missing our connection!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"had to wait for 30 mins for our kids"

(Qatar)

Unverified | Doha is one of the best airports in the world. However this is a comment for further improvement. My family has had e-gate cards for over three years now and up until lately, our kids were allowed to get into a priority lane since kids are not issued e-gate cards. During my last entry into Qatar, they were asked to go into the regular lines and although myself and wife got through immigration quickly because we had the e-gate cards, we had to wait for 30 mins for our kids. This is really disappointing. I suggest that airport authorities consider a line only for kids so that if their parents have gone through e-gate counters, the kids can get through relatively quickly. Or else, e-gate may be issued to kids too if possible.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"new, spacious and well designed"

Verified Review | The airport is very new, spacious and well designed. As a transit business flyer I found it absolutely excellent in terms of the standard set of services I expect (seats, communications, personnel support, food, connectvity, etc.). Maybe a but "cold", especcially if compared to the wonderful cozy experience of Singapore, but definitely superior to super packed airports such as Dubai.
Date VisitMay 2017

"Not exactly how I wanted to start my visit"

Verified Review | Nice clean and modern airport. Not impressed by having only 3 immigration check point desks open with 300 people lined up (and it moves at a snails pace because you have to pay for the visa at the same point which slows things down). What made it better was when we were next in line and just about to leave they shut our line and made us go to the back of another line behind the people that were behind us instead of just swapping out he operator. So while I wait here wasting another half an hour uneasessarily I'm writing a review. Not exactly how I wanted to start my visit.
Date VisitJuly 2017

Hamad Doha Airport customer review

Verified Review | When you arrive to the airport you realise you are in a top airport, my best previous experience was Heathrow but this one in Doha offers in my opinion much more to do. There are many different stores for all kind of tastes, computers for free to web browse, relaxing places and nice views to the runways. It was a pleasure and such a great experience to be there.
Date VisitMarch 2017