Top 100 Airports

Corfu Airport

"a poorly managed airport"

No cold water. A terrible choice of food. No air conditioning. Overcrowded, not enough seating. No restaurant. Dirty, smelly toilets. No Wi-Fi. After queueing to drop bags and check in, we then had to queue again to get the bags scanned. This is a poorly managed airport. Utter chaos. Customer satisfaction is a low priority. The management are very short sighted if they cannot understand that there is good money to be made from hundreds of uncomfortable, stressed out holiday makers with pockets full of un spent euros. A terrible end to a wonderful holiday.

"everywhere filthy"

I was born in 1975 and pretty sure this place would have looked the same then. The toilets were so filthy. No air conditioning, tiny area to wait to board, no cold drinks. On offer warm water and soft drinks with no ice. I was so warm, never in my life have I wanted to leave a place so badly. Litter everywhere, rude and arrogant staff, everywhere filthy. It was 36 outside, who knows inside. Never ever again which is a shame as the island is stunning with on the whole friendly locals. Never have I been so happy to step on a flight.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"staff are obtuse and miserable"

At Corfu Airport having to queue in the 37c sunshine just to enter the terminal didn't bode well. And then the real fun begins, the staff are obtuse, arrogant and downright miserable. You queue for this, then you queue for that, then you queue some more. And then you are driven like cattle into the departure lounge. The word lounge conjures thought of comfort and calm but oh no not here. That cannot possibly be allowed. Instead enjoy the metal seat if you are fortunate enough to get one. Enjoy the queue to the filthy toilets. Savour the delights of a 9 euro coffee that tastes as bitter as the miserable staff who serves it. Relish the throngs of sweating passengers looking around in disbelief. Corfu Airport in 2016 is a joke. Goodbye Corfu my party of 6 people who loved your island and spent a fortune in your restaurants and bars will not be back.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"spend some money and improve the experience"

Verified Review | Rude staff at Corfu airport. They seem to just want to take our money and get rid of us pesky tourists - either through death by heat stroke outside in the queues or diesel fumes from the coaches that pull up next to you to disgorge the next victims. Things don't get much better inside - for the first time in the last 3 years the air con was working in the check-in hall. Then you have the wonderful experience of passport control where you are herded through as rudely as possible. Charming they are not. Then the departure lounge, very little seating and again a wonderful queue for the toilets almost as long as the one outside and the air con wasn't working. Much to everyone's relief we weren't waiting too long to board and herded into the bus to be driven at breakneck speed to the welcoming sanctuary of our Thomson plane and lovely cabin crew and cool working air con for a very pleasant flight home. Shame on you Greek authorities, they should spend some proper money on corfu airport and improve the experience for your own staff and travellers alike.
Date VisitJune 2016

"staff rude and spectacularly unhelpful"

Corfu is the worst airport I have ever experienced. Long queue for check in, followed by a chaotic process for scanning luggage. We were travelling with a disabled family member and they told us they could not provide a wheelchair for him (first time in many years of travelling all over the world that we have encountered this). When we arrived at departure passport check, I handed our passports and boarding cards to the man there, who had three young trainees lined up watching him. We were travelling with a young child, a baby, a disabled passenger and we had hand luggage, the baby's buggy etc to manage. In short, we were already struggling a little thanks to the nature of our party and no wheelchair assistance. The man at passport took the passports and boarding cards, then said to me "what is this"? He sneered, handed them back to me and said it wasn't his job to look through them. With a queue of other passengers building behind us, he made me sort through them putting the boarding cards into the photo page for each passport and hand them to him one at a time. Basically he was very rude and spectacularly unhelpful. Once we were past this unpleasant episode, we found that the passenger assistance point for my disabled father in law to be able to board the plane, was at the opposite end of the terminal. A crazy design. My husband and mother in law had to half carry my father in law the entire length of the airport while I managed the baby, 4 year old and hand luggage. We will not be passing through Corfu airport again if we can possibly help it.
Date VisitJune 2016

"easy to navigate"

I disagree with the negative reviews. It isn't one of those big, luxurious airports but it's easy to navigate and it certainly did not look unclean. I can only assume that it becomes a problem during Summer when Corfu attracts a specific type of tourism. Already when I visited in April, I saw a woman drinking gin directly from the bottle while waiting to board the plane, so I could imagine what's going on in July. Under these circumstances, I can't see how the cleaners could keep up with the aftermath. I visited in April which is not in the busy season and the airport did not seem too crowded. However, the shop assistants complained that, in summer, there is an overflow of people so it is clear that it is must be enlarged. But all other complaints I read here are unfair in my opinion.
Date VisitApril 2016

"will not get any smiles"

Security and check-in is very slow, toilets are filthy and have no proper running water. You will not get any smiles from the airport staff, they are very rude and were shouting at us. I would avoid using this airport if any other traveling option would be available.
Date VisitApril 2016

"small, clean, no-frills airport"

Verified Review | A small, clean, no-frills airport that is easy to use. It certainly has no fancy stores and restaurants, but this is not why I normally go to airports. The queuing time was as long as that I've encountered in all airports. On the other hand, in Corfu it did move faster than many other airports. I did not see any problem with cleanliness. Even after a woman threw a toilet roll into the waiting area as a joke, the cleaning staff cleaned up the mess immediately and I saw them bring toilet rolls to the Ladies room to replace the one thrown by our fellow passenger. Other reviewer complaints, eg. that hold luggage must be taken by the passengers to be scanned is not uncommon in the US, Germany and, for larger objects, in the UK. It is clear that the airport needs enlargement given the huge numbers of people using it, and, I hear, FRAPORT will start doing that in October. However, I hope the airport stays as simple as it is now. Having recently risked to miss flights at Brussels and Dusseldorf airports because of their complicated layout, I view human proportion as one of the most important satisfaction factors for an airport.

"the worst airport"

This has to be the worst airport. Reasons: 1) Queuing for check-in cuts across entrance doors of airport. 2) You put luggage on belt to be weighed (never easy with anything around 20kg plus) then you have to take back off the belt and take around corner and put on another belt to be screened. 3) Massive wait (30 mins) to go thru security. 4) And then your problems start. The departure lounge is filthy, the toilets are 3rd world. Towels under toilets and urinals to stop flooding, bin bags in urinals so you can't use them, broken toilets and locks and most disgusting smells. Lounge was heaving and no seats available, one man on cafe serving 800 people in departure lounge. We stayed at a beautiful 5 star hotel but would never ever return after our experience at the airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"a decrepit waiting area"

Worst airport ever. Total chaos. Rude staff all around. Stupid system of checking in and weighing luggage, then taking luggage to another long line for X-Ray, then an hour wait for useless security. Then a decrepit waiting area with filthy toilets. Small snack bar which was closed for an hour at peak time - "We are making food". No A/C anywhere, like an oven. Only amazing part was our plane left on time.
Date VisitSeptember 2015