Corfu Airport

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th July 2015

The ladies toilets were in a dreadful state. Only one had toilet paper and only 3 were in use. The door locks were also broken. There were rags on the floor and the bins with used toilet paper had no lids. There was only one facility offering hot food and drink. The coffee which was weak and insipid, came from a large urn. It tasted as if it had been made with sour milk and totally undrinkable. There were no tables to sit and eat at. Items for sale were overpriced and unappetising - mainly tired looking savoury pasties. There was no fresh fruit or salad or bread. The shops and duty free were fine and there was a good selection of reasonably priced Greek traditional food and alcoholic drinks. Also there was plenty of seating albeit metal chairs.
Date Visit25-07-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th July 2015

Without doubt the worst airport I have used. Firstly upon arrival the check in desks were not opened on time followed by a poor system of having to then queue again to place your luggage through an X-ray machine. Stupid idea that causes more havoc when initially checking in. Once through to the departure lounge things do not get any better. You are immediately hit by the heat through poor to no air conditioning, making waiting for your flight very uncomfortable. A poor selection of newspapers and refreshments make the whole experience very disappointing. Toilets are diabolical and had so many out of order. On a plus point the wifi was good as I pen this review.
Date Visit10-07-2015

Review by (Germany) 8th July 2015

I cannot believe that this is an airport in Europe. Very unfriendly check in staff. Officials show no interest in security. Food and beverage offering is non existant and dirty. Looks like this airport was never renovated nor cleaned since its opening.
Date Visit08-07-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 8th July 2015

On arrival I was very pleased with how quickly we got through passport control and got our cases. Our departure was a different case altogether. We arrived in plenty of time (3 hours before take-off) and we then joined a queue to check in our luggage. We were 6th in the queue and it took us 45 minutes to get checked in, then we moved to another queue to put our cases through and then another queue to go through security. In total it took us 1 hour 35 mins to get through to the departure lounge. Then we had to check in at the gate. Not sure why as we then had to sit down for another hour. I thought (maybe) that we would then get through the departure gate quicker but no we had to queue again and check in again before going through. Not sure of the purpose of the double check-in? The toilets were disgusting. I asked if there were any cleaner toilets but sadly these were the only ones in the departure area. Out of 8 cubicles 3 were broken. So dissapointed after a great holiday in Corfu that the airport has really let it down.
Date Visit08-07-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd June 2015

Travelled into Corfu in 2014 to find in hadn't moved on since I last flew in in 1976. Not fit for purpose. Travelled in again this year (15 June) and out again 22nd June. At least this year got our bags very quickly when arriving so scarpered nice and quickly. And when departing check in (Jet2.com desks) was relatively quick and painless. Unfortunately for others they had, once again, to queue outside for ages in strong hot sunshine before even getting to the check in desks. Crawled through security and then into the simply awful departure 'lounge'. This airport is sadly still not fit for purpose, and with things being what they are economically won't change any time soon.
Date Visit22-06-2015

Review by (Denmark) 14th August 2014

worst airport I've been to they have far too many passengers for the capacity of the airport the security queue is at the same location as the check-in counters and as there is only two security scanners at the airport the security queue gets so big that it is almost impossible just to get to the queue for the check-in counters. The check in counters have a weird system where you have to take your bag to another location at the airport to get it checked when you have checked in at the counter it would surprise me if everybody in the security queue were able to catch their flight in time as it was so slow that it almost took all the 2 hours that you got from check-in counters opening to the flight leaving just to get through the security queue.

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th June 2014

EMA-Corfu-EMA 2 June out and 9 June return. I hadn't used Corfu Airport since my last visit some 35 years ago but things do not appear to have improved! Typical Greek Airport - lots of flights on the same day (and probably all crammed into the same hour). There are now two luggage belts but the TV screens telling you which belt is for your flight are almost unreadable as you have to look directly into the sun to see them. Chaos reigns when you come to depart - queuing outside in the sun for an hour or so absolutely rammed through security into the departure lounge as all the flights now depart at or about the same time! This was an early June Monday morning - nowhere near the peak season - and the airport isn't really fit for purpose. Facilities once through security are minimal and there are just not enough seating areas. I suppose one of the charms of the Greek Islands is the laid back thing - but with their airports much patience is required just think of a cold beer and a nice Greek salad.
Queuing Times N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th May 2014

Into and out of Corfu on late night flights before the main season started so we had no problems with crowds or queuing. Travelling with hand luggage only made things even easier. Passport control in either direction was very casual to say the least but security on departure seemed reasonably thorough without causing any serious holdups. We only bought a bottle of water airside as we know buying anything at Corfu airport can be expensive. Only one agent to handle boarding for our flight but she got us through the gate swiftly and efficiently. All in all this passage through CFU was almost a breeze compared with our last two trips when we experienced long delays before departure.

Review by (United Kingdom) 30th September 2013

Flew out of here to Gatwick. Overall airport is not great and having had to drop our car off early and then a four hour wait meant we ended up using the airport cafe and snack bar. All I can say is what an absolute rip-off - 7 Euros for a coke and a peppermint tea 3.60 Euros for an ice cream lollipop. The food was equally expensive and tasteless. It might be slightly less galling if the surroundings were pleasant but they aren't - no air conditioning and dirty tables. Corfu is a lovely place but the airport really lets it down.

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th September 2013

Average holiday airport really facilities are nothing amazing just one shop for sandwiches pastries etc and the usual Duty Free but for a small Mediterranean airport you can't really expect a state-of-the-art shopping complex so I've got nothing to complain about there really. However my biggest complaint is yes you guessed it the queues outside. I understand that when I flew out it was the busiest day for UK flights with constant movement on the tarmac but it was hardly the first busy holiday airport I'd ever been to and I'd never experienced that before. The check-in area was hardly rammed when we finally got in so I don't understand that one. And after we'd been to the check-in desk and had our bags weighed we had to then lug our baggage to the end of the row of check in desks to actually put our bags through. Again that was new to me. Apart from that queues weren't too bad and I didn't feel like the terminal was overcrowded although it was very busy with loads of people going home to Manchester Gatwick Newcastle Leeds Glasgow Cardiff etc etc.