Top 100 Airlines

Corfu Airport

"queues outside and inside"

Unbelievably bad airport. Queues outside and inside. First to check in, which was about an hour. Second to check in your suitcase, which took another half hour then to passport control and security another long queue. The most incredible part is the total unprofessionalism of the airport staff. They couldn't care less about the discomfort of the passengers. If you need to have a drink there is only one place to buy water in the departure lounge and they work at a pace which can only be described as hopeless. Never again.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"the airport is simply too small"

Verified Review | At arrival, baggage collection was particular: part of the flight got the luggage in a small hall, then the rest had to exit and re-enter in another hall to get the them. Except that, Corfu Airport has all the benefits of a small airport, quickly out, easy to find the car rental and very close to the city. The departure is another story. In high season, the airport is simply too small to accommodate properly the evening departing flights: not enough check-in desks, not enough space to properly organise the passengers and luggage’s flow, waiting room too small, air conditioning weak, not enough toilets (specially for women, there was a 5-meter queue). Last but not least, do not expect a good last minute duty free shopping, you’ll find only 2 shops selling few local products and souvenirs. And what is really a shame is that the only catering available will serve you all form of oily donuts, pizza and sandwiches but not a single local dish. In a country with good feta, good olives, good meat it could have been much better.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"such an inefficient airport"

Worst airport I have been to. Took well over an hour to check in and get past security. Just two easyJet desks open for so many people, we queued to check our bags in only to see they only weighed them and we had to queue again for them to be checked in? So inefficient. After finally getting through check in, prices for food were very expensive and then more delays and queing. We had to queue for ages to get onto the plane waiting for the shuttle bus, why don't they put two on? Just such an inefficient airport very disappointed.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"a poorly managed airport"

No cold water. A terrible choice of food. No air conditioning. Overcrowded, not enough seating. No restaurant. Dirty, smelly toilets. No Wi-Fi. After queueing to drop bags and check in, we then had to queue again to get the bags scanned. This is a poorly managed airport. Utter chaos. Customer satisfaction is a low priority. The management are very short sighted if they cannot understand that there is good money to be made from hundreds of uncomfortable, stressed out holiday makers with pockets full of un spent euros. A terrible end to a wonderful holiday.

"everywhere filthy"

I was born in 1975 and pretty sure this place would have looked the same then. The toilets were so filthy. No air conditioning, tiny area to wait to board, no cold drinks. On offer warm water and soft drinks with no ice. I was so warm, never in my life have I wanted to leave a place so badly. Litter everywhere, rude and arrogant staff, everywhere filthy. It was 36 outside, who knows inside. Never ever again which is a shame as the island is stunning with on the whole friendly locals. Never have I been so happy to step on a flight.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"staff are obtuse and miserable"

At Corfu Airport having to queue in the 37c sunshine just to enter the terminal didn't bode well. And then the real fun begins, the staff are obtuse, arrogant and downright miserable. You queue for this, then you queue for that, then you queue some more. And then you are driven like cattle into the departure lounge. The word lounge conjures thought of comfort and calm but oh no not here. That cannot possibly be allowed. Instead enjoy the metal seat if you are fortunate enough to get one. Enjoy the queue to the filthy toilets. Savour the delights of a 9 euro coffee that tastes as bitter as the miserable staff who serves it. Relish the throngs of sweating passengers looking around in disbelief. Corfu Airport in 2016 is a joke. Goodbye Corfu my party of 6 people who loved your island and spent a fortune in your restaurants and bars will not be back.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"spend some money and improve the experience"

Verified Review | Rude staff at Corfu airport. They seem to just want to take our money and get rid of us pesky tourists - either through death by heat stroke outside in the queues or diesel fumes from the coaches that pull up next to you to disgorge the next victims. Things don't get much better inside - for the first time in the last 3 years the air con was working in the check-in hall. Then you have the wonderful experience of passport control where you are herded through as rudely as possible. Charming they are not. Then the departure lounge, very little seating and again a wonderful queue for the toilets almost as long as the one outside and the air con wasn't working. Much to everyone's relief we weren't waiting too long to board and herded into the bus to be driven at breakneck speed to the welcoming sanctuary of our Thomson plane and lovely cabin crew and cool working air con for a very pleasant flight home. Shame on you Greek authorities, they should spend some proper money on corfu airport and improve the experience for your own staff and travellers alike.
Date VisitJune 2016

"staff rude and spectacularly unhelpful"

Corfu is the worst airport I have ever experienced. Long queue for check in, followed by a chaotic process for scanning luggage. We were travelling with a disabled family member and they told us they could not provide a wheelchair for him (first time in many years of travelling all over the world that we have encountered this). When we arrived at departure passport check, I handed our passports and boarding cards to the man there, who had three young trainees lined up watching him. We were travelling with a young child, a baby, a disabled passenger and we had hand luggage, the baby's buggy etc to manage. In short, we were already struggling a little thanks to the nature of our party and no wheelchair assistance. The man at passport took the passports and boarding cards, then said to me "what is this"? He sneered, handed them back to me and said it wasn't his job to look through them. With a queue of other passengers building behind us, he made me sort through them putting the boarding cards into the photo page for each passport and hand them to him one at a time. Basically he was very rude and spectacularly unhelpful. Once we were past this unpleasant episode, we found that the passenger assistance point for my disabled father in law to be able to board the plane, was at the opposite end of the terminal. A crazy design. My husband and mother in law had to half carry my father in law the entire length of the airport while I managed the baby, 4 year old and hand luggage. We will not be passing through Corfu airport again if we can possibly help it.
Date VisitJune 2016

"easy to navigate"

I disagree with the negative reviews. It isn't one of those big, luxurious airports but it's easy to navigate and it certainly did not look unclean. I can only assume that it becomes a problem during Summer when Corfu attracts a specific type of tourism. Already when I visited in April, I saw a woman drinking gin directly from the bottle while waiting to board the plane, so I could imagine what's going on in July. Under these circumstances, I can't see how the cleaners could keep up with the aftermath. I visited in April which is not in the busy season and the airport did not seem too crowded. However, the shop assistants complained that, in summer, there is an overflow of people so it is clear that it is must be enlarged. But all other complaints I read here are unfair in my opinion.
Date VisitApril 2016

"will not get any smiles"

Security and check-in is very slow, toilets are filthy and have no proper running water. You will not get any smiles from the airport staff, they are very rude and were shouting at us. I would avoid using this airport if any other traveling option would be available.
Date VisitApril 2016