Chongqing Jiangbei Airport

"airport is very thorough and stricter than most"

Verified Review | Arrived early for my morning flight. Check-in was easy enough but then made a mistake at the security checkpoint. They have introduced Female Only lines, which I think is a nice touch, so I had to change to a male queue. This airport is very thorough and stricter than most, in regards to security, requiring me to surrender a battery pack due to the label sticker worn away and not able to prove the size of the device is under 10,000Mah. My flight is leaving from pier A in terminal 2, so I decided to go down the escalator at the end of the pier and have a McDonalds breakfast. However I was surprised when the staff there claimed that their breakfast menu was not available, it was 8.30am. However I stuck to my choice of a Bacon and Egg McMuffin until they relented and finally made it. They were being lazy in only wishing to serve regular burgers all day. The bonus was ability to order and receive a Flat White coffee made with real fresh milk, not UHT, from the attached McCafe. Upon ascending the escalator, it was almost time for my plane to board, which was handled surprisingly well, with anyone trying to push into the line being rejected by airport staff. Upon my return to CKG, I arrived at pier B and was able to collect my bags and be out of the terminal in about 10 minutes, from the gate to being onboard the monorail into the city. Although this will change with the opening of Terminal 3A soon.
Date VisitJuly 2017

Chongqing Jiangbei Airport customer review

Flew domestically into Chongqing on Sichuan Airlines and for some reason our aerobridge was at the small International Terminal 1. Requiring us to walk 100m around the edge of the terminal concourse and walk down stairs to a shuttle bus to carry Terminal 2 which being winter was bitterly cold especially with the doors opened while the bus waited for a full load. Once inside the proper domestic terminal it was pretty straight forward and standard routine. Once excellent feature was a lady handing out bi-lingual cards listing taxi fare prices to over a dozen destinations around the city to discourage touting and rip offs. For the return I found out the single domestic Terminal 2 is actually split into 3 separate halls A B and C. If you flight is leaving through hall C you can not enter via A or B security points. This also means you are technically shut off from the shops and facilities in the other sections too such as the McDonalds in hall A. However you are able to walk downstairs to the Arrivals level and use the transfer signage to direct you to the other areas making the segregation of the terminal areas pointless. Lastly with the security it was the only place I was asked to take my boots off beyond the X-Ray machine which all passengers were made to do. However with only one seat it meant a longer wait as you could not progress until the person in front had taken off their boots was examined and then re-laced them.

Chongqing Jiangbei Airport customer review

Landed at the newer of the two terminals. Baggage collection was fast and was able to buy a phone card easily on the lower Arrivals level but telephones were only on the upper Departures level. Security was tight with baggage tags checked by airport staff. No illegal taxi touts hounding you and bus into the city was quick and easy. On departing the airline waiting areas were large and comfortable. The food in some places was cheap very cheap. Same as supermarket price for bottle of Pepsi. Had a gate change but was handled quickly and easily. Efforts were made to keep me informed despite being the only foreigner on my flight. New monorail will soon open from airport to city. Airport taxi prices are not too expensive but be prepared for a wild and crazy ride.