Top 100 Airlines

Centrair Nagoya Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

(Hong Kong)

I have never expected that a small-scale airport can be able to provide outstanding and extensive services to travellers. The airport was very clean and tidy, and everything in the terminal was well organised. Incredibly large number of facilities including an observation public bath. A wide choice of restaurants was available and the prices were reasonable. The sky deck was very large and great for phototaking. Airport signs were very clear and staff were always eager to help travellers. Convenient access to the city centre. The airport gave us a great impression upon our first visit to Nagoya.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Centrair Nagoya Airport customer review

Connected through this airport with Delta. It seems slightly older and smaller than Narita. Passing through security was quick and painless. The place is clean and has an open and bright feeling. There are standard airport shopping opportunities if you are interested. The meal options seemed severely limited which would be my only real complaint however I believe it is a large complaint because airplane food is awful.

(Philippines)

Good small airport for a short transit. Not as big as NRT which makes it not as daunting. Small shopping selection but pretty good food. Efficient staff and quick security measures makes transit quite painless.

Centrair Nagoya Airport customer review

I used Nagoya as a transit airport between Indonesia and USA. Quick arrival procedures. Everything was well signed in Japanese and English. Transfer desk was unmanned but I bypassed as I already had boarding pass for connecting flight. Security was fast and polite. Terminal was clean and orderly. My flight was delayed by 10 hours. Terminal has high ceilings and big windows looking out over ramp providing an open feeling. Clean restrooms. Only 1 restaurant which only takes Japanese Yen and a Starbucks but there are several money exchange booths. I did not find an ATM anywhere. Lots of duty-free and high-end shops but only one very poorly stocked news stand. Free Internet throughout airport both via wifi and several laptop stations with Ethernet power plugs chair and light. Lots of vending machines throughout but only take Yen.

Centrair Nagoya Airport customer review

We flew into Nagoya Airport with the intent of catching the bullet train to Tokyo. Definitely need more english signs in the transportation areas. We went on the train into Nagoya first went to the front nice and plenty of seats lots of smokers though; only to have one of the attendants come by and tell us to move as our tickets were the 'back of the train' areas. Wish we had known what to buy at the counter. By the time we walked all the way back through the moving train with all our luggage there were no seats so we had to split up. If we had known about the different seating sections we would have had seats in the beginning. Planning to go to Nagoya again in a few weeks so know from experience now what to do. Get the day train passes rather than try to figure out the 'yen' for each train ride. Get your yen changed in Japan not mainland as we know it is very low right now to the US dollar. Other than that we were a party of 3 and timed our train riding to when it wasn't rush hour.

Centrair Nagoya Airport customer review

Nagoya Airport is an impressive building with a nice selection of shops and restaurants. However be prepared for excessive immigration queues fairly rude check-in staff and exceptionally brusque (indifferent at best) customs officers. Perhaps I just passed through on 2 occasions when everyone was having a bad day! Just don't expect much from the staff!

Centrair Nagoya Airport customer review

If you have the benefit of arriving there you'll be pleased with the smooth flow of passport control and customs. Plenty of staff on hand to assist even some volunteers to help you when you come out of customs if you don't speak much Japanese. The local impeccable train network is a 5 min walk from customs where you can connect right into Nagoya city within 30minutes. Departing out of Centrair the fourth floor is full of interesting places to shop and eat. So much space in the airport it's spotless. Skydeck is a treat and favorite is the sento (Japanese public bath) right up there on the fourth floor.

Centrair Nagoya Airport customer review

I have been though the new Nagoya Airport a handful of times which took over from the old and tired Komaki airport. Overall it is much better than the old airport being clean and relatively spacious. There is a small food court with a limited selection of food (western and Japanese) as well as high brand stores. Staff are very polite and my experience through customs and immigration has been excellent. We did sometimes have to wait a while but we were treated very well by staff which is a highlight of customer service in Japan. The airport has frequent connections (every 15 mins) to Nagoya city via the dedicated Meitetsu airport train which is wonderful. Cost (one way) for the Limited Express (25 mins) is 1100 yen / $11 and the Express (35 mins) is 830 yen / $8. You have both premium cars and standard cars I would go for the premium since there are less people and the interior is very nice but the standard is fine though often crowded. A decent airport.

Centrair Nagoya Airport customer review

Nagoya Centrair (Chubu) has one fantastic characteristic that we almost never ever see anymore today: a great open-air rooftop deck allowing for great views on the tarmac and runways. The airport building itself is pleasant and has many food courts before security but only a handful of (very expensive) shops and one disappointing restaurant beyond security. The departure gates area is very clean and relaxing but boring except for the big windows to watch planes and enjoy the view of the bay . It takes about 45min (and 110 USD) by taxi from the airport to downtown Nagoya.

Centrair Nagoya Airport customer review

The new Centrair airport is a vast improvement on the old Komaki airport which had all the charm of a bus-stop. However it's newness seems to be the only thing it has over the previous airport. It's design is almost exactly the same as Komaki's. The check-in and arrival areas are not that much bigger than Komaki's except there is a small shopping area and foodcourt upstairs. The shops in this area tend to be mostly high-end brand name vendors and the foodcourt is so small you can hardly ever get a seat there. In fact seating seems to be an issue in centrair. In the check-in area also there really aren't that many places to sit down and wait. This is different when you proceed through passport control and enter the departure area. It's huge and spacious. A lot of room here which is nice but it's also very empty. There are very few places to get food drinks or duty-free shopping. I had the over-all impression that perhaps the departure area of centrair is a bit too big. I was there during the christmas/new-year period yet there were hardly any flights leaving. Overall centrair is a good clean and spacious(on the departure side) airport. No problems with check-in arrival and baggage claim. It still feels a bit utilitarian though. Despite being new it's only a slight improvement. After using Komaki several times I was looking forward to a new and improved Nagoya airport. Centrair is an improvement but not much of one I'm afraid. I've never used Kansai yet but all the airports I've used in Japan to date tend to be no more than a place to check-in and simply just wait for your flight. Nothing more nothing less. Centrair is no different really. In the future I'll stick to Narita as it 's a similar distance for me to travel to.