Bristol Airport

"Many many thanks Bristol airport"

Not Verified | Many many thanks Bristol airport, Swissport and Easyjet. I stupidly left my laptop on the plane, and feared for the worst. While an 'out of office hours' message would have been good for the öost property office on the Sunday when I first called, my laptop was efficiently and wonderfully there Monday morning when I went there. Many thanks.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"will definitely be using again"

Trip Verified | It is only fair to post a positive review following my review last year which indicated my dismay at the total shambles I encountered. We arrived for our departure on the 27th June allowing two and a half hours for check in etc, and used the fast track security at a cost of only £3.95 each, it was so quick we had two hours to kill in the departure lounge. Although the food and drink is still over priced everything else was good. We returned on the 4th July passport control was through the automated system which was not too bad and we had collected our bags and were on our way within 45 minutes. The biggest negative was the toilet facilities in arrivals where my wife reported there was no tissue in the loos and were in need of a service! Having said last year I would never use Bristol Airport again, I did and will definitely be using again!

"shambolic baggage delivery"

Trip Verified | Totally shambolic baggage delivery took hours. Who knew that planes might arrive. Swiss port sufficiently appalling to have a preprinted it's not our fault leaflet. Combined with the terrible outward food I shall try Cardiff from now on.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"have to pay two pounds for a trolley"

Not Verified | The airport itself is ok enough for a smallish airport. The drop off of and collection areas are abysmal. Worst of all you have to pay two pounds for a trolley. This is ridiculous and just the airport get an easy buck. Travelling with a small child I had to pay this twice. Not a lot in the grab scheme but every other airport they are free or £1 deposit.
Date VisitJune 2018

"a poorly designed airport"

Trip Verified | It is a poorly designed airport from the point of view of the elderly and those with children. It is only ideal for those able-bodied and fit persons. From the terminal building accessing the long corridors leading to the gates are not a problem as anyone using a wheelchair, unable to climb stairs or using prams/strollers can use lifts. Problem is when you get to nearer the gate, accessing the aircraft is at ground level and there is no lift. The only way is to go down the steps. When I questioned, I was advised that those in wheelchairs are bussed to the aircraft but those with children or using a walking stick - tough and having to rough it out. This hardly equitable and customer friendly. Disabled people or those who are too proud to use a wheelchair are discriminated against and denied equal opportunity - they are slowed down by having to wait for mini-buses and others forced to tough it out. This hardly complies with EU guidelines and Disability Discrimination laws. Poor show indeed. Aiport authority should provide equal treatment to everyone and not assume only those in a wheelchair are disabled.
Date VisitJune 2018

"disappointing start to your holiday"

Not Verified | Not really equipped for the amount of passengers that travel. Prices at the airport departure lounge are simply obscene. A very poor disappointing start to your holiday made worse by inept customs staff with waits of over and hour causing us to have to run for the plane. I truly hate Bristol airport and avoid as much as I possibly can. Their sole intention is to extract as much money from you as possible. Parking charges and shop prices are a joke. Buy in mainland Europe instead - far cheaper.
Date VisitJune 2018

"won't be using this airport again"

Trip Verified | Only airport I have every experienced where you have to pay to use a luggage trolley! Not a small amount either but £2! Outrageous - I won't be using this airport again!
Date VisitJune 2018

"staff lack inter-personal skills"

Trip Verified | While we fully appreciate the need for security and do not object to being frisk-searched, I seriously object to being curtly told to paddle through the airport in my bare feet to another belt to hunt for my sandals. I was helping my husband at the time, who had 'assisted boarding' and has problems with mobility. We are OAPs, for goodness sake. The staff at security lack inter-personal skills and do not make eye-contact with the customers. The result is that we, the paying customers, feel like a commodity to be processed, not human beings.
Date VisitMay 2018

"continuing to get worse"

Trip Verified | I have been travelling through Bristol for many years but unbelievably it is continuing to get worse from the clients point of view. The car hire is now, and has been for a long time, in a building site which now has a bus that only circulates every 20 mins (for a 5 minute walk but they block off the paths to stop you walking). Soon the car hire will move off site so you will have to take a bus - so I might as well go to Heathrow or Gatwick then - at least these airports have proper train and road access. My second issue with Bristol airport is the quality of the food available - I have tried all of the offerings and they are all awful. My greatest gripe though is the time lost getting from the plane to the terminal after landing - nearly always these days we are bussed and the busses arrive 20-45 mins after the plane has landed. There is no excuse for this and makes a mockery of the speedy boarding we have paid a lot for. The airport Wifi still does not work and I am burning my roaming minutes to write this sat in the airport.
Date VisitMay 2018

"experience from start to finish is awful"

Trip Verified | So sad. The experience from start to finish is awful. We live <40mins away and are seriously considering an alternative for the future. Baggage Trolleys cost £2 which I am sure travelling around the world I have never ever experienced this which seems to be ultimately penny pinching and poor business strategy. Drop off car parking cost £3 for just over 10 mins, longer it will cost you significantly more. Again indefendable penny pinching. There are significant pinch points in the layout especially on exiting the arrivals hall which leads to lots of queuing throughout the whole experience. Silver zone parking layout and procedure is dire. Although the new buildings do look pretty. Food is insanely over priced There are no gate announcements The staff are mostly miserable.