Bristol Airport

"a provincial mentality airport"

Unverified | The airports fast track security section is a joke. Whilst the 'normal' area is accessed by your boarding card the fast track slows you down by asking for your passport. The only reason given is that the BAA requires it. Its a provincial mentality airport not International where business people want to move quickly.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"This airport is a joke"

Unverified | This airport is a joke. Plane arrived at 14.15. Bags eventually turned up at 15.35. Never again. The person on "Baggage Queries' told me it was "a big plane and needed a lot of time to unload". It was a standard B737. No announcements - apart from "don't leave your bags unattended" which was greeted with laughter as we hadn't seen our bags.

"security was abysmal"

Verified Review | Parking was good using the Silver but it went downhill from then on. Terrible lines of passengers taking ages to go through baggage. The security was abysmal as they were ignorant and rude. I need my crutch but was made to stand with my arms raised without support after being shouted at for having a crutch. If you need assistance get it as I didn't as I was told only myself and one other and I didn't want to leave the third of the group on their own, to my cost as I was left in pain. Only three toilet cubicles in the toilets so expect a long wait. To board the plane was quarter mile walk, same coming home. I will try to avoid this place if possible, so should you.
Date VisitJune 2017

"Security has improved tremendously"

Unverified | Travelled to Vienna with EasyJet from Bristol on the 21st July returning on the 4th August. Drop bag system completely self service and easy to use. Security has improved tremendously since my last visit with a much larger area and new machines. Staff courteous. Went through very quickly although the airport was busy. Same on returning. There seemed to be more passport machines (all working). Didn't have to wait for long to get through and bags arrived within a few minutes. All the reasons for using the local airport seemed to be justified and I was impressed with the improvements.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"attitude of Security Personnel is very bad"

Verified Review | I use Bristol Airport frequently travelling to and from Alicante, I was pleased to see improvements which must have cost a considerable amount of money. The experience now should be a lot better for the traveller. Unfortunately the attitude of Security Personnel is very bad, I feel money should also have been spent on training these people. They are generally rude, impatient and treat us like idiots. I appreciate they are doing a very worthwhile job but we are not all terrorists. A little courtesy and perhaps a smile would work wonders and improve the whole experience of departing from this airport.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"very quick and easy through check-in"

Unverified | Great service. Security usally takes about 10-25 minutes. Fast service, very quick and easy through check-in. You can always find your way round very easily. Going through renovations at this airport, the service is as quick as always. Staff friendly and language skills are brilliant.
Date VisitMay 2017

"it was a complete shambles"

Unverified | Absolutely poor excuse of an airport, the simple deadheads on security almost caused us to miss our flight by questioning why we were taking a couple of pouches of baby food for our 9 month old and then taking ages to check it because they were too busy chatting amongst themselves. Then on our return to the UK after a 4hr flight it took over an hour to get the luggage off the plane apparently because of rain even though everyone's suitcases were completely soaked through. Overall compared to Tenerifes South airport it was a complete shambles.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"Service always pleasant and professional"

Verified Review | Use the airport 6-8 times a year. Refurbishment has been done well so far. Service always pleasant and professional. Moving through the airport can be quick - although some gates can be quite a walk for some, owing to the lay-out (duty-free positioning). There are a range of food options. It does a great job for being a small sized airport.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"I like it and have no major complaints"

Unverified | I use Bristol Airport frequently, I like it and have no major complaints, though I am looking forward to the day the building works/improvements are finished. July 2017 I found departures very crowded so I purchased a priority ticket for the security check. I was perplexed to see my handbag end up behind the glass screen requiring me to wait over 15 minutes to have it rechecked. I knew there was nothing in my handbag to warrent this. When my turn came the security officer re-xrayed my handbag and said 'all clear'. I asked him the reason for my handbag being channelled along on the rollers to end up behind the glass screen. His reply 'it got caught up and pushed the wrong way.' No apology. Of course I undertsand security is essential however new equipment that malfunctions and causes unnecessary/extra work for security staff is inexcusable.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"increase in parking charges over the years"

Verified Review | From arrival, those who collected me commented on the increase in parking charges over the years. Spent more time during departure. 2 pounds for a trolley. A very old man with a lot of trouble walking could therefore not use a trolley. He had no cash. Neither did I say so I landed up helping him very slowly with his suitcase to departures. Shameful. The internet at the airport is also bad quality and doesn't even extend to the gates. Why do they need my details and email address etc for me to be able to use it. Privatisation, and I assume this airport management is privatised too, should result in something better. Security and shopping was fine. It all just feels badly designed, especially after arriving back in Switzerland.