Bristol Airport

Review by (Sweden) 1st August 2015

Unpaved rental car area, long walk without shelter (luckily no rain) to terminal. Airport homepage recommended to be at airport at least 2 hrs before departure. No early check-in, self-check-in did not work with our airline. Charging for trolleys, self-weighing of luggage, and limited wi-fi. Rip-off Intl should be the name of the place! Staff at information point were nice, but could answer my questions. Security staff impolite - words "please", "sir" or "madam" did not seem to exist. Security people at other apts seem to do their job properly without being unfriendly and rude. Upstairs after security check, the place was OK. Of course, that is where money is spent. OK number of seats at gate though, and very clean.
Date Visit01-07-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th July 2015

It would be nice to be able to eat something without feeling fleeced. The only sensible price is Burger King (not somewhere I would choose) but the staff there had little or no interest in even making eye contact let alone serving me. The other choices included £15 for a burger or £7.50 at WH Smith for a grotty sandwich and a packet of crisps. I feel very sorry for families heading off on holiday who could easily find themselves very much out of pocket
Date Visit27-07-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th July 2015

Bristol Airport has expanded in a lot of areas, dining, shops check-in what you would expect for an "International" Airport. However, the still fail miserably on baggage collection, having returned from holiday we had wait half an hour for the bags to start to come out on the belt, when they did eventually arrive everyone started clapping. Still far from "International" in this department.
Date Visit16-07-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th July 2015

Bristol airport fails once again. Less focus on the new terminal and more on quality efficient staff within the eateries is required. It's one thing having to arrive early for your flight, completely another when you have to arrive even earlier if you want to ensure you can get food and drink before departure.
Date Visit10-07-2015

Review by (Ireland) 19th June 2015

Fast efficient and polite fast track security. Good facilities, shops, bars and places to eat. Free wifi in executive lounge.
Date Visit19-05-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th June 2015

My sister and I (both registered disabled) were visiting my daughter for week in Bristol both require wheelchairs, the staff at Bristol Airport were outstanding and extremely helpful in catering for our disabilities making the journey extremely enjoyable and safe.
Date Visit16-06-2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th June 2015

I last travelled through Bristol airport around eight or nine years ago and I remember it being pretty decent for an airport of its size. This time around I was disappointed. Firstly, the security check. If you've forgotten a small plastic bag for your carry on liquid items you are encouraged to pay out £1 for a bag - don't bother doing this! Once through there were staff handing them out for free. Not sure why they do this, Heathrow and most other airports seem to give the bags out for free. The security check itself was awful. The queue was unbelievable and crawled along at a snails pace. The low ceilinged queuing area was stiflingly hot and the whole thing was just bad. Compare this to my last flight from Heathrow when I zipped through in 10 mins, max. Once through, the facilities on offer aren't too bad, but the terminal building felt very dingy and closed off, there were no windows that offered views out onto the runway area. I'm sure there were last time I flew from here. The walk from the terminal building to the boarding gate for my flight was also epic. Admittedly, that isn't necessarily a problem unique to Bristol. Coming back, again the walk to immigration and baggage reclaim was a real epic, worse than going out. That said, bags came off quickly and the joy of a small airport is that you're out and on your way pretty quick. I've been told that Bristol is undergoing a bit of an upgrade, so be to be fair some of my gripes may be resolved in the future. If you're flying this summer though, prepare for some long and sweaty queuing at security.
Date Visit13-06-2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
Wifi Connectivity N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 12th June 2015

This airport is just a disaster. I arrived this morning from Poland with Ryanair (an airline I'm always happy with, by the way) to find myself walking what seemed like miles down endless corridors until I ended up queuing in a stairwell just to get to passport control. When I finally got in there with what looked to me like 800 others, we were herded like sheep around pens in a suffocatingly-hot room, making slow shuffling progress towards the head of the queue. When I finally got there, I asked the woman jobsworth who was pointing everyone to the different desks why they didn't broadcast an apology for the ridiculously long wait, and why they didn't turn some ventilation on. She completely ignored me. This is what the unknowing foreign traveller is confronted with on arriving. A nasty impression. The staff at Bristol all need a good kick up the backside.
Date Visit12-06-2015
Wifi Connectivity N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th May 2015

Flying out could not be simpler apart from when you are booked with a no thrills airline you need hiking shoes on for the long distance you need to walk. Coming into Bristol is another adventure in itself. Forget the 3 mile hike its the queues for passport control that are beyond a joke. Everything is slowed down and you are herded like cattle into market single file round and round barriers until you lose the will to live. Forget the "express" lane the new technology is slow and very much dictatorial. You know you are back in Blighty with all the you must do this signs. Border control staff need to be taught how to be polite too. The chap who greeted us barked out his questions akin to being trained by uncouth barbarians.

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th May 2015

I asked for assistance to travel to Cyprus I am 80 years old and disabled wonderful help getting onto the plane. Excellent help at Paphos excellent help to get me on the plane coming back you push a button in the disabled parking area and they bring out a wheelchair that you sit in until you enter the plane having gone up on the lift. When I arrived back at Bristol what a dreadful shock I had I asked for the use of the wheelchair that was on the lift that came up to the plane - I was refused I did not get a hand or arm to get off the lift left to walk unaided to a mini bus no help to get on no help to get off. I managed to find a wheelchair in the arrival disabled dept to be told we have nobody to push you. During this I kept calm not wanting to distress myself I realise I should have done things differently and sat in the plane until the assistance I had asked for and told I would get came about.
Queuing Times N/A