Bristol Airport

"stressful and tiring experience"

Trip Verified | Not a pleasant experience, travelling on holiday with my partner and 18 month old. We had paid extra to be in multistorey near the terminal for ease (so we thought). However there are no trolleys in the carpark, just in the terminal. With 2 suitcases, 3 carry on, a buggy and carseat, getting up the steep slopes to the terminal was a challenge. We arrived 2 hours before our flight but then stood in the queue for bag drop for ages and then again at security. The icing on the cake was when our bag was put aside for checking and there were no staff around to actually check it. Once through we had just enough time to buy a sandwich to take on board (literally just as service here was also slow). Stressful and tiring experience.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"absolute shambles"

Not Verified | Security both normal and fast track, absolute shambles. Different rules depending on the individual working. Same Chelsea boots and fitbit once 'told' (very rudely) to remove, the next time questioned as to why I've removed them and almost treated as though you are completely stupid with comments to their colleagues like, "why do people just do what they want going through security" and "next time please follow the rules mate!" The company that deals with security need to stansardise their training. I completely understand they are doing their job but a few individuals ruin it for the masses.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"ground staff person wasn't very helpful"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | After some delays from Zagreb - Bristol via Brussels my bag didn't arrive. The ground staff person wasn't very helpful, after insisting, from previous situations with misplaced bags, that he is the one who needs to check the system and arrange arrival of my bag via flight. The next morning he told me he can't do anything. He also said that he was coming to work at 7.30am the next morning and that I should call him then and he wrote me a phone number. The problem was that next morning I wasn't able to reach anyone, no one answered until noon, so the guy was obviously lying to me which is why I'll rate this airport low.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Many many thanks Bristol airport"

Not Verified | Many many thanks Bristol airport, Swissport and Easyjet. I stupidly left my laptop on the plane, and feared for the worst. While an 'out of office hours' message would have been good for the öost property office on the Sunday when I first called, my laptop was efficiently and wonderfully there Monday morning when I went there. Many thanks.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"will definitely be using again"

Trip Verified | It is only fair to post a positive review following my review last year which indicated my dismay at the total shambles I encountered. We arrived for our departure on the 27th June allowing two and a half hours for check in etc, and used the fast track security at a cost of only £3.95 each, it was so quick we had two hours to kill in the departure lounge. Although the food and drink is still over priced everything else was good. We returned on the 4th July passport control was through the automated system which was not too bad and we had collected our bags and were on our way within 45 minutes. The biggest negative was the toilet facilities in arrivals where my wife reported there was no tissue in the loos and were in need of a service! Having said last year I would never use Bristol Airport again, I did and will definitely be using again!

"shambolic baggage delivery"

Trip Verified | Totally shambolic baggage delivery took hours. Who knew that planes might arrive. Swiss port sufficiently appalling to have a preprinted it's not our fault leaflet. Combined with the terrible outward food I shall try Cardiff from now on.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"have to pay two pounds for a trolley"

Not Verified | The airport itself is ok enough for a smallish airport. The drop off of and collection areas are abysmal. Worst of all you have to pay two pounds for a trolley. This is ridiculous and just the airport get an easy buck. Travelling with a small child I had to pay this twice. Not a lot in the grab scheme but every other airport they are free or £1 deposit.
Date VisitJune 2018

"a poorly designed airport"

Trip Verified | It is a poorly designed airport from the point of view of the elderly and those with children. It is only ideal for those able-bodied and fit persons. From the terminal building accessing the long corridors leading to the gates are not a problem as anyone using a wheelchair, unable to climb stairs or using prams/strollers can use lifts. Problem is when you get to nearer the gate, accessing the aircraft is at ground level and there is no lift. The only way is to go down the steps. When I questioned, I was advised that those in wheelchairs are bussed to the aircraft but those with children or using a walking stick - tough and having to rough it out. This hardly equitable and customer friendly. Disabled people or those who are too proud to use a wheelchair are discriminated against and denied equal opportunity - they are slowed down by having to wait for mini-buses and others forced to tough it out. This hardly complies with EU guidelines and Disability Discrimination laws. Poor show indeed. Aiport authority should provide equal treatment to everyone and not assume only those in a wheelchair are disabled.
Date VisitJune 2018

"disappointing start to your holiday"

Not Verified | Not really equipped for the amount of passengers that travel. Prices at the airport departure lounge are simply obscene. A very poor disappointing start to your holiday made worse by inept customs staff with waits of over and hour causing us to have to run for the plane. I truly hate Bristol airport and avoid as much as I possibly can. Their sole intention is to extract as much money from you as possible. Parking charges and shop prices are a joke. Buy in mainland Europe instead - far cheaper.
Date VisitJune 2018

"won't be using this airport again"

Trip Verified | Only airport I have every experienced where you have to pay to use a luggage trolley! Not a small amount either but £2! Outrageous - I won't be using this airport again!