Top 100 Airlines

Bristol Airport

"more facilities and increased seating"

Bristol airport has improved over the years, there is no denying that. There are more facilities and increased seating. Some positives the fast track security is super effective and only £3.95 and compared to Heathrow is less of a pain. There are now different places to eat and the duty free has been re-vamped. Parking (more or less) is great. And now the negatives, passport control on return is a logistical nightmare, the capacity of the arrivals hall was surpassed years ago and u find yourself dangerously queing on stairs. It's as if they weren't expecting a large number of flights landing at the same time. It should be doubled in size. Service at the bar (Brunel) is notoriously slow, there only ever seems to be one person working at any given time - and that individual moves slower than slow. Drop and pick-up will cost you money if you want to wait.
Date VisitMay 2016

"it is the same endless waiting"

I have travelled on numerous occasions from Bristol and my only comment is why does it take so long at Baggage reclaim, every time it is the same endless waiting, even when there is no other plans at a stand. I have always found the staff very good and helpful
Date VisitMay 2016

"passengers are merely a nuisance"

Bristol is one of the worst airports I have experienced. They have cornered the market on rude, unhelpful staff to whom passengers are merely a nuisance and to be treated as cattle. Worst of all are the security staff who make no pretence at even a modicum of courtesy. Do not use this airport if you are old, sick, even slightly disabled. Do not use this airport if you can't climb endless flights of stairs and walk miles from gate to departure. Do not use this airport if you are alarmed at being expected to queue on a stairwell / moving walkway. Do not use this airport if you object to being crammed like sardines in the buses going to the car park. Anywhere else must be better.
Date VisitApril 2016

"security made a big fuss"

I complied with all of the security instructions carefully but when I was asked to remove my shoes I asked for a chair. This request was refused. Yet after security there were many seats available for people to get dressed again. The security official made a big fuss about calling younger people past me while I dealt with an everyday task that I would normally sit for - it was embarrassing. However, on our return from Newcastle every security desk had a chair and a footstool before going through the scanner. How different. Perhaps a rethink at Bristol might be in order. All I asked for was a chair.

"disorganised, congested"

Bristol Airport is disorganised, congested and parking is expensive. Due to expensive 10 day on site parking costs at we opted for a cheaper off site option which worked well. The drop off area was a congested nightmare. Traffic congestion, passenger congestion and when you eventually get to walk the route to the terminal, they have placed bollards and stored carts right in the already narrow walkway which means departing and arriving passengers can't pass each other without colliding. The Aspire lounge was nice enough with great staff and a good way to start the journey. The remaining departure experience was fine. Then there was the return - I think the plane must have saved a fare amount of fuel judging by the distance we had to walk from the aircraft parking spot. As soon as you exit the jetty, you are confronted with stairs and queues of people struggling with their luggage. The corridors were so long they have installed seating at regular intervals so the elderly can take a break and they needed them too. Then more stairs, more corridors with people struggling with their luggage. Immigration worked well then the walk back to the customer pick up area was identical to departure. Congestion and chaos again - there was a compulsory fee for daring to bring your vehicle onsite to drop and collect passengers. Logistically isn't the best, maybe i'll try it again in another few years.

"queuing up stairs"

Departure was ok - arrive and go. However, having to pay £2 just to be dropped off near the terminal is a cracking idea to fleece customers and help those profit levels. However, it was the return arrival which really is appalling. When at passport control the 2 flights that arrived simultaneously meant for queuing up stairs, in narrow corridors and through to the roped off lanes before finally getting to the passport desk. Basically if you think herding sheep or cattle into an abbatoir would describe it extremely well. A disgrace. I will do everything I can not to fly from this airport again.

"a definite rip-off"

Bristol is a convenient airport for my residence so like to use. It does annoy me that when dropping off or collecting family members I have to pay 1 pound just to drive through a barrier. There should be a "a free period" of say 15 or 20 minutes. This is a definite rip-off.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"staff were very unpleasant"

Long queues to baggage checks, my bag was taken aside, 5 mins later I attempt to ask why, no one seemed interested, peoples stuff been handled with no gloves, do you really want some potentially dirty hands on your toothbrush. I kept on asking him not to touch my stuff, he was splitting my toiletries into two tranparent bags (originally in one transparent bag - on my return in Cork they asked me why it was in two bags as it should be in one - not that they were any more pleasant). All staff at security were very unpleasant.

"things have improved"

As a regular user of Bristol I can report that things have improved but there are still annoying points. The enlarged departures area means that there is always plenty of seating and more shops and places to eat - though the variety is disappointing. I have never really encountered the problems with queues for security that others report (usually less than 5 minutes) and staff seem to be as efficient and friendly as other airports. Queues for passport inspection however can be lengthy if several flights arrive together, the scanners work but are slow. There is still the very annoying experience of being forced to walk 400m to and from your aircraft when other gates near the terminal seem under utilised. The long stay car park is expensive, not particularly out of line with other airports in southern England, but it is poorly organised and the spaces are very tightly packed.

"they were marvellous"

I have used this airport frequently over the last eight years and found the system to be as you would expect. No problems. A couple of days ago I flew easyJet to Bristol. While away I had damaged my back. I walk with the aid of a walking stick anyway due to arthritis. However this time the walking stick only gave me part support. I was in a great deal of discomfort upon arrival and as I was about to leave the airplane I asked the easyJet stewardess if it was possible to have wheelchair assistance. I couldn't believe how quickly things were organised and the care and treatment I received from the airport staff who deal with this service. They were marvellous. So, a heartfelt thanks to Bristol Airport operating such a service.