Top 100 Airlines

Bordeaux Airport

"lovely city, rubbish airport"

Terrible airport. No proper food available after security. Only 1 small desk selling apples and toasted cheese sandwiches. A pack of Haribo from a candy machine was my best choice. Ample seating not available at gates so people sitting in the floor everywhere. 1 tiny shop selling overpriced chocolate and wine. Lovely city, rubbish airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"never-ending queues"

Billi Terminal was the worst experience at an airport. I will never use it again. It is simply a cattle shed for herding passengers on low cost flights. Hot, stuffy and no air conditioning, basically DIY terminal with never-ending queues. We were delayed for an hour and it felt like longer because the facilities were so poor and it was so hot. No information given on the delay either. Had to hunt down staff to ask what was happening. It was a complete contrast to Liverpool airport which we flew from, and also caters for low cost airlines, and was the swiftest check in ever.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"ill equipped and hot terminal"

I flew back to the UK with Easyjet from Bordeaux Billi terminal on 3rd Sept 2016. I found the experience so appalling. It took over 2 hrs of queuing to get through this ill equipped and hot terminal. We queued outside for ages in the 30 deg C plus heat with no cover and no information. The staff were rude and unhelpful. You even have to carry your own bags to the conveyor belt! When you finally get to the 'facilities' side, the cafe is limited and expensive and the toilets disgusting. The men's toilet was overflowing right into the sitting area and people were dragging their trolley bags through the water/urine. Interestingly there didn't seem to be the same issues in the terminal next door where Air France are based! Avoid if possible and if you must travel through here allow lots of time!!
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"long, airless, excruciatingly hot corridors"

Verified Review | Chaotic queues in security and departure in Billi terminal. Smelly loos in insufficient numbers in both terminal buildings. Access to Gate 46 in Billi through long, airless, excruciatingly hot corridors involving steep steps up and then down. Any delay in boarding would have caused passengers real difficulty due to the heat. Fortunately Easyjet boarded very quickly, not always the case on my experience. A lack of competent organisation and forethought makes this an extremely unpleasant airport. Even out of season Billi is crowded and shed-like departure gates are always uncomfortable. Long overdue for a refurb. Avoid if possible.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"ignore them at your peril"

The many tale's of horror of the notorious Billi Terminal are entirely justified - ignore them at your peril. It really is as dreadful an experience as they say. It defies comprehension that those responsible keep their jobs and that includes the airlines who knowingly use it. Although many of us will have firmly resolved never to travel there again it really needs a complete boycott.

"backwards designed experience"

Do not, I repeat, do not travel from Bordeaux airport. You check in your baggage which takes forever, then you stand in another queue next to the queue you've just been in, again for an age. Flights that are before yours are allowed to push in front. The design is crackers. Fly to / from another airport, as if you don't, the underlying memory of your holiday will be the most backwards designed experience. Heed my words.

"absolutely hideous"

The Billi terminal at Bordeaux airport, for easyJet and Ryanair is absolutely hideous. Avoid it all costs especially if you are travelling with children. Without doubt the worst airport I have been to anywhere in the world. We arrived 2 hours before our flight and spent the next 3 horrible hours in multiple lengthy queues. It is chaotic. We only made our flight because it was nearly an hour delayed and because we (and lots of other people going on our flight) were allowed to move up the security queue. Terminal is unbearably hot, grossly overcrowded, virtually no facilities e.g. seats or places to buy water; disgusting toilets. I will never use this airport again.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"worst terminal I ever used"

The Billi terminal in Bordeaux is the worst terminal I ever used. Queuing was a nightmare. The only positive point is the staff who are really nice even if they are working in this nightmare everyday. A lot of people are using low cost airlines here not because they are cheap but because they are the only options available. Even though it's low cost they should not have the right to treat passengers like meat.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"3.5 hours of solid queueing"

We travelled from Bordeaux to Liverpool on 6th August 2016 from the Billi Terminal. The experience was worse than outrageous. I have travelled for business for 20 years and nothing has been worse than this. The Billi terminal is basically a tin box. We arrived at 2pm for a 4:40 (delayed until 5:30) easyjet flight. We were queueing outside of the terminal in 28 degree heat for over half an hour. We got 6 small bottles of water from Starbucks for £17. Once inside the terminal we queued again, with the queue snaking all around the terminal. Once the bags were weighed we managed to cut into the queue to put your own baggage on the conveyor belt because we had priority boarding. We then queued again to get through security where priority boarding meant diddly squat. After security we were called to the gate and queued again with the queue snaking all around the cafe area to passport control. By now it was 5pm and we had been queuing for 3 hours. Another half hour queue to get to the ticket check. Mercifully priority boarding kicked in again and we were first through the gate. The tunnel to get to the tarmac was almost at boiling point and we got through quickly and were able to queue on the tarmac. Those behind were not so fortunate and had to fry in the tin box for another 30 minutes. After 3.5 hours of solid queueing we finally got on the plane. Thank goodness it was delayed otherwise we would not have made it. Cattle are treated better than this. Not once were we offered water or an apology. I will never travel on this route again. Shame on the people responsible for this absolute chaos.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"we will never use this route again"

Booked to travel through Bordeaux as these were the only flights I could find that avoided London or a 12hr stopover at some other hub. It was some time later when I noticed the small print, "Billi terminal". What does that mean, I thought? A quick search soon revealed some pretty horrible reviews. I've travelled quite a lot in the last 40 odd years, and usually things turn out not to be as bad as expected. So, fingers crossed. The arrival wasn't too bad, bit of a shed, only 2 toilets, but the luggage arrived quickly enough. But 2 weeks later, the departure. Words cannot describe the awfulness of the experience, but I'll try. Despite arriving more than 2 hours before departure, the queue was already outside the building. It was hot, there was no shade, but at least the rain held off till we were inside. Others may not have been so lucky. Once through the door (about 30 mins later), there were no obvious queues, just a mass of bad-tempered people shuffling slowly towards the makeshift check-in desks. Aha! I have a priority boarding pass. So, after some pushing and barging, found my way to the "quick" check-in desk. That probably saved 30 mins and as it turned out meant we made it to the flight. Heaved the bags onto the isolated scales, all OK. Now what? Ah, you have to join the next queue to send your bag through for loading. Yes, there is no conveyor belt, you have only just started on your epic journey. So, off with the bags to the line waiting for the X-ray machines. This was so long that it snaked around behind and in front of the check-in desks, doubled back on itself twice and cut through the queues waiting for the weigh in. Total chaos. Tempers frayed as passengers, understandably not knowing where one line started and another finished, pushed in, queue jumped and generally behaved very badly. The "air conditioning", provided by 2 stand-alone electric fans, merely served to move the foetid air around a little but did nothing to dispel the discomfort. No idea what would happen to anyone fainting or needing a toilet break? I confess to resorting to some luggage-vs-shins-and-toes myself, merely to avoid losing my place in the queue. Finally, nearly an hour later, we got to the X-ray machines, and then through to passport control. When it came to boarding, only 15 mins late, there was a thunderstorm and massive downpour, but by then, people were just glad to escape the shed and enjoy a cooling shower on the walk across to the plane. This will forever be known by us and others I spoke to as the "Bilious" terminal, and we all agreed that we will never use this route again. Only the airlines, Easyjet in this case, and Ryanair I believe, have the muscle to make improvements here. A pity for them, as the flights themselves were OK. But sorry guys, as long as you are using Bilious, I won't fly with you. Period. Rating: Full marks to the staff for keeping their professional manner in impossible conditions, but otherwise, less than 0 if I could.
Date VisitJuly 2016