Berlin Schonefeld Airport

"Staff are so rude"

Unverified | Staff are so rude. Security staff are intimidating and just horrible. The human factor in this airport does not exist. It's by far the worst airport I have ever experienced. The respect is basically worse than a farm yard animal. Maybe passengers should go through SXF making sheep and cow noises then that would equate to the way we are treated. Absolutely shocking airport.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"worst customer service ever"

Unverified | I have to agree with others here that this is the worst airport I have ever been to, and I advise all not to use it if you can. I will also, as others mentioned, not come to again to Berlin because of some of their staff. On top of all that others mentioned, if you are traveling with a baby - this is a really no, as they do not allow buggies to go throught security checks, and you need to leave it at check in desks and then hand carry your baby for next few hours. Funnily enough, when we used this airport 10 days earlier, the same buggy went through the security checks, but this time they refused to let us go, and boarding police even pretended that they dont speak English. The worst customer service ever.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"One of the worst airports"

Verified Review | One of the worst airports in the Western world. No place to sit or stand or wait and the most rude staff I have seen in a long time. Amazingly the staff are rude even at Burger King! Also despite the frequency or rainfall in the area there is practically no cover between terminals or between the car parking and the terminal. Last but not least the facilities for disabled people (from the car park till the gates) are among the worst I have ever seen. Shame! If you can avoid it do not think twice.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Worst airport for service"

Unverified | Shocking airport and queuing times - three flights have arrived at the same time and there is only one member of immigration staff on passport control. Queuing for over 30 mins. Worst airport for service. This has put me off from visiting Berlin and travelling back to the airport.

"chaos everywhere"

Verified Review | This has to be the worst airport I have experienced. Rude, unhelpful and unsympathetic staff. Chaos everywhere. If you are departing from here give yourself 3 hours before hand. Sometimes they make proper announcements, sometimes only in German in an anxious tone; and sometimes in English but you cannot understand what was announced. I saw many anxious and angry faces (mine included). A lot of people missed their flights! Customs people were inefficient, I observed 4 persons standing around one scanner when there was a long queue. After a staff did a random check on me, she left me standing while she chatted away with a colleague. And the check-in staff printed my son's boarding card twice (and not mine) causing further distress and confusion at the gate.

"It is simply a mess"

(Denmark)

Unverified | Worst airport ever! Stuffed with people, no place to sit, or no available toilets (2 for the entire terminal). People everywhere, not nearly enough room. Old and outdated. Long waiting time overall. Try to avoid it at all cost! It is simply a mess.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Waited ages to go through security"

Verified Review | Never met so many rude staff in all my life, not a single person smiled or had any manners whatsoever. Got told we had to go through security in terminal D, and then flight was departing from gate 64 - the complete opposite side of the terminal. Waited ages to go through security, and then while waiting for my girlfriend had to go through another security check where the guy was once again extremely rude. Airport itself putting me off coming back to Berlin which was otherwise a great city. Absolute disaster of an airport and by far the worst I've experienced.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"could not find an information board or map"

Unverified | Dreadful. I've travelled to and from quite a few airports and this is undoubtedly the worst I have ever encountered when departing. Departure announcements alluded to terminal A, B, C and so on, yet there was no information about terminals, just gate numbers. We could not find an information board or map or help desk once we had been through security. We eventually found a map on our smartphone which reassured us that all the 'terminals' were joined up so the gate number was all that was needed. There seemed to be, however, no hint as to the distance to the gate in metres or minutes on any signage. Seating for waiting passengers was woefully inadequate, the toilets were unpleasant and had no toilet paper on our visit. The only positive thing I can find to say is that there were shops and places to buy food and drink. Two members of our party are mildly disabled and the walk from the train station to the airport is quite long. No assistance for the 'hard of walking' seemed to be in evidence and few staff were obvious to ask for assistance or directions. I know this is a work in progress and can only hope, for future passengers, that things improve - dramatically and fast.

"a terrible airport"

Unverified | Probably the worst airport I have ever traveled from. Disorganised and very outdated. Incredibly lengthy queues and rude and unhelpful staff. Specifically, we needed special assistance for a wheelchair, which had been requested when flights tickets were booked - after bag drop, we were told a wheelchair would come. After a long wait, still no wheelchair; we asked repeatedly how much longer we had to wait, but staff did not want to discuss or help. After a ridiculous wait, and with time ticking before the flight, we had to make our own way with our disabled family member not having a chair. Security was rude and inconsiderate. After security, several stairs to climb and no lift or help for people with disabilities. After arriving home to Edinburgh Airport, the difference in approach was so stark - special assistance with a chair waiting for us at the plane after landing, and support all the way through baggage collection to the bus back. Almost glad to be home again in Scotland. Great holiday in Germany, but Schonefeld a terrible airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"the waiting room was stuffed to the brim"

Unverified | Stood in line for 45 minutes to get a stamp on a printed boarding pass, where a person glanced at my passport. People from flights about to leave kept getting pushed in front. Then 40 minutes in the security check line, then had to walk a long way to stand in a 30 minute line to get in the gate, where my passport was checked again, then my paper boarding before pass was once again stamped, for no apparent reason. Then the plane was not ready for boarding (5 min before supposed departure) and the waiting room was stuffed to the brim, a dangerous level, so we once again stood and waited, mixed in with people from an adjacent gate also waiting for their flight. I've been to many developing countries with much better airports. I honestly don't understand how it's this bad. A city this large should have a world class airport. I would rather take a train back to Munich next time and use their airport.