VivaColombia

"told me the gate is closed"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Lima to Bogota for about USD 200 (including all insurances, baggage and some other fees). Web-check-in wasn't working so I had no printed boarding pass. At the check-in counter they charge USD 22 to print this piece of paper (sustainability). Unbelievable! After 10 minutes at the check-in counter they told me that the gate is closed now (50 minutes before departure!) and that I have to contact the call center. At least we were about 10 people who couldn't get in and we think that the flight was already overbooked. In the end I booked a new flight with Avianca for USD 400. Never again with VivaColombia.
RouteLima to Bogota
Date FlownMarch 2018

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Medellin to Cartagena. Just terrible! Buried in the terms and conditions is that if you don't web check in and come to airport with a printed boarding pass (which is not always possible and why is something on your phone not good enough) they charge you $19USD to check in! $19 to print a piece of paper! Also charge excess baggage for only 500g about the 15kg. while letting people take 12kg in as cabin baggage! Absolutely criminal, never in all my traveling has and airline charged me for queuing up and checking in at the airport. Will never fly with them again, zero stars
RouteMedellin to Cartagena
Date FlownMarch 2018

"just interested in charging"

Montería to Medellín. I travelled with a friend who had one small bag and a tiny bag and the gate staff made a whole fuss concerning the two bags. After moving the tiny bag into my own bag she finally agreed to label our bags. The plane wasn't even half full so there was no problem regarding space. She was just interested in charging 80,000 Colombian pesos. Ridiculous and pathetic attempt at charging such a small amount of stuff (for a weekend break). We were of course given seats far apart (6e and 24a) as this tactic encourages passengers to purchase seats together. Beware!
RouteMontería to Medellín
Date FlownMarch 2018

"we are having to sit rows and seats apart"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Flew Bogota to Medellin. We booked online and we could not print off the boarding pass so we got a charge for that when we got there. We had to pay over 166,000 for a name change on one ticket because I put my wifes NZ married name and they would not accept her NZ drivers licence as proof of ID. We had a international size hand luggage bag and we still got charged for excess baggage because their size is 20% smaller than international size. For the return trip we are sending the wifes carry on bag through another company. The wife finally got the boarding passes printed off but we are having to sit rows and seats apart from each other, the staff stood on my foot while my foot was within my seat space, and the look they gave me felt like I was in their way, we were made to feel that we should be lucky to fly with them.
RouteBogota to Medellin
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"never travel this airline again"

Trip Verified | Barranquilla to Bogota. They charged us for not checking in and printing our boarding pass. Which where I live you can always do at the airport no problem and for free! They then charged us 77 Canadian dollars for our checked bags. Absolutely ridiculous!! I would never travel this airline again.
RouteBarranquilla to Bogota

"The worst company ever"

Trip Verified | Bogota to Medellin. The worst company ever what I did ever fly!! Cancelled 2 flights, no apologies at all about it from stuff on front desk. The staff doesn’t speak any English so it makes hard should o communicate with them. Really unfriendly and unhelpful staff and if I didn’t have to fly with them I would never do it. Definitely will never fly with them.
RouteBogota to Medellin
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"the worst travel experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Bogota to Lima. Avoid at all cost - this is by quite a margin the worst travel experience I have ever had. I am from Europe and half way in I was thinking to myself that this is even worse than Ryanair. I arrived 3 hours and 20 min before take off (with my printed e-ticket) from Kiwi and first they said I had one kilo too much luggage to check in. In fact it was 0,8kg. I then went away and took out a small something and went back.The second time they said that this e-ticket was not enough and that I needed to print a “boarding pass” but no one spoke english so it was not clear to me what they wanted. I went away to a it-place nearby and printed out a new e-ticket but apparently that was not the right one and when that happened the “3 hour deadline” had expired to they charged me 19usd for a piece of paper This is absurd and have no relation the the actual cost The people i confronted were without exception unfriendly and unhelpful For a low cost airline they are not even cheap. On a flight between Bogota and Lima with 95%+ being peruvians or colombians the in flight snack bar only accepted cash and USD.
RouteBogota to Lima
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"worst airline I have ever travelled"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Bogotá to Cartagena. This is the worst airline I have ever travelled. Including all low costs. They put a smaller device than the allowed, so when you are about to board they make you put your luggage, and even if it's the regulated size they say they have another size. So they tell you that if you don't pay you can't board, the service is very bad. What you save on the ticket you end up paying afterwards.
RouteBogotá to Cartagena
Date FlownDecember 2017

"provides the worst service "

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Medellín to Cartagena. An airline that provides the worst service when you have any kind of issue with your booking. They charged 30EUR to change a passenger name which was just wrongly entered. And the worst it is that call centre & email customer service say and recommend different things. When the email service replies, it is unclear what is done or not. Overall, unfriendly people except 1 person that actually tried to help me & made clear statements.
RouteMedellín to Cartagena
Date FlownNovember 2017

"charge you $10 for boarding passes"

Verified Review | Bogota to Lima. Extremely bad, they charge you 10$ for boarding passes. They refused to print both so I had to pay another 10$ for the connection flight. There is no reference for this during the booking process. Staff is slow, took one hour just to arrange 3 meters of barriers. They try to charge extra fees for cabin luggage that seems not to fit.
RouteBogota to Lima