VivaColombia

"we are having to sit rows and seats apart"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Flew Bogota to Medellin. We booked online and we could not print off the boarding pass so we got a charge for that when we got there. We had to pay over 166,000 for a name change on one ticket because I put my wifes NZ married name and they would not accept her NZ drivers licence as proof of ID. We had a international size hand luggage bag and we still got charged for excess baggage because their size is 20% smaller than international size. For the return trip we are sending the wifes carry on bag through another company. The wife finally got the boarding passes printed off but we are having to sit rows and seats apart from each other, the staff stood on my foot while my foot was within my seat space, and the look they gave me felt like I was in their way, we were made to feel that we should be lucky to fly with them.
RouteBogota to Medellin
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"never travel this airline again"

Trip Verified | Barranquilla to Bogota. They charged us for not checking in and printing our boarding pass. Which where I live you can always do at the airport no problem and for free! They then charged us 77 Canadian dollars for our checked bags. Absolutely ridiculous!! I would never travel this airline again.
RouteBarranquilla to Bogota

"The worst company ever"

Trip Verified | Bogota to Medellin. The worst company ever what I did ever fly!! Cancelled 2 flights, no apologies at all about it from stuff on front desk. The staff doesn’t speak any English so it makes hard should o communicate with them. Really unfriendly and unhelpful staff and if I didn’t have to fly with them I would never do it. Definitely will never fly with them.
RouteBogota to Medellin
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"the worst travel experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Bogota to Lima. Avoid at all cost - this is by quite a margin the worst travel experience I have ever had. I am from Europe and half way in I was thinking to myself that this is even worse than Ryanair. I arrived 3 hours and 20 min before take off (with my printed e-ticket) from Kiwi and first they said I had one kilo too much luggage to check in. In fact it was 0,8kg. I then went away and took out a small something and went back.The second time they said that this e-ticket was not enough and that I needed to print a “boarding pass” but no one spoke english so it was not clear to me what they wanted. I went away to a it-place nearby and printed out a new e-ticket but apparently that was not the right one and when that happened the “3 hour deadline” had expired to they charged me 19usd for a piece of paper This is absurd and have no relation the the actual cost The people i confronted were without exception unfriendly and unhelpful For a low cost airline they are not even cheap. On a flight between Bogota and Lima with 95%+ being peruvians or colombians the in flight snack bar only accepted cash and USD.
RouteBogota to Lima
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"worst airline I have ever travelled"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Bogotá to Cartagena. This is the worst airline I have ever travelled. Including all low costs. They put a smaller device than the allowed, so when you are about to board they make you put your luggage, and even if it's the regulated size they say they have another size. So they tell you that if you don't pay you can't board, the service is very bad. What you save on the ticket you end up paying afterwards.
RouteBogotá to Cartagena
Date FlownDecember 2017

"provides the worst service "

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Medellín to Cartagena. An airline that provides the worst service when you have any kind of issue with your booking. They charged 30EUR to change a passenger name which was just wrongly entered. And the worst it is that call centre & email customer service say and recommend different things. When the email service replies, it is unclear what is done or not. Overall, unfriendly people except 1 person that actually tried to help me & made clear statements.
RouteMedellín to Cartagena
Date FlownNovember 2017

"charge you $10 for boarding passes"

Verified Review | Bogota to Lima. Extremely bad, they charge you 10$ for boarding passes. They refused to print both so I had to pay another 10$ for the connection flight. There is no reference for this during the booking process. Staff is slow, took one hour just to arrange 3 meters of barriers. They try to charge extra fees for cabin luggage that seems not to fit.
RouteBogota to Lima
Date FlownAugust 2017

"charged for each boarding pass"

Verified Review | Santa Marta to Colombia. Worst airline ever. They charged me $10 USD for each boarding pass they printed off for me at the airport. They dont allow any baggage to be checked in except if you pay and the fee is extra expensive. My aunt's ticket was also cancelled at the last minute and I have not received my refund yet.
RouteSanta Marta to Colombia
Date FlownAugust 2017

"worst I have experienced"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Quito to Bogota. This airline company is the worst I have experienced. They cancelled my flight in January 2017 and promised me a full refund. Now, after 6 months and many emails to/from their customer service, I have not received my money. They are trying to run me tired by playing stupid and asking me to send the same information again and again. I strongly advise not to fly with VivaColombia.
RouteQuito to Bogota
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"I had a horrible experience"

Verified Review | Cartagena to Medellin. After booking and paying for my ticket online I never recieved a confirmation or a receipt by email. The flight information was also wrong on the website arrival time was 11:45 pm but was written 11:45 am. There was no gate number provided either and the flight number was wrong as well. I had to come so early to the airport to recieve my receipt and yet they still charged me for a boarding pass print. With all the miscommunication and misinformations I am very unsatisfied with the service and employee and management handling the situation. And as I am writing this the flight is delayed causing even more inconveniences. I had a horrible experience with VivaColombia as many others on the flight did as well.
RouteCartagena to Medelline