Ukraine International

"try to avoid this airline at any cos"

Verified Review | Direct flight late night from New York to Kiev. However, the seats are smaller than regular airline and closer to each other, tables were not clean and had crumbs all over, food is horrible. They do not provide fragile tag for checked baggage so if you have fragile large items that you can't bring with you forget about them. Airport stuff in Ukraine was very rude. They only have one big TV in the front of a cabin as only entertain for 9 hours of flight. I will try to avoid this airline at any cost.
RouteNew York JFK to Kiev
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I would not get any compensation"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Venice from Kyiv delayed by 6 hours. There are a lot of flights delayed that day, but this one had the most extended delay. The reason was that one of the planes was out of order. I received the notification in the morning just a few hours before the flight. According to the local law, I would not get any compensation. The flight to EU by the non-EU carrier is also not covered by any compensation. The only option for me was that the airline should provide me a free re-route in case of the delay longer than 5 hours. I called the support immediately. The girl told me that they could re-route me through Viena on Austrian to arrive 1 hour earlier. I agreed, and she asked to wait on hold. After few minutes on hold, the call stopped. I waited few minutes, but she did not call me back. I called once again, but the operator told that there is no record regarding my previous call at all. I asked about re-route, and he said to me that it is possible but only using own UIA flights. I argued. He told me that they could use partners but not Austrian as it was not their partner. When I said to him that Austrian has code-sharing flights with UIA and they should be partners he asked the supervisor and sent me rebooked confirmation 15 minutes later. I see as there is no compensation due in case of long delays the UIA does not hurry to fix their issues because it is cheaper just to do nothing. On the way back the Boeing 737-800 was new (7 years), but the interior looked like 15 years old. I would prefer the EU carrier next time because in case of such delay they will be due 400EUR for each passenger. As a result, such situation will never happen as it will be cheaper to replace the plane than pay the compensation.
RouteKiev to Venice
Date FlownOctober 2017

"never had a bad experience"

Verified Review | Kiev to Tel Aviv. I flew UIA a handful of times from and to Kiev, and never had a bad experience. The crew is not overly friendly, but efficient, helpful and professional. The seats are the old type, much more comfortable than the new rock hard "slim seats" found on more expensive airlines. The flights were on time, and arrivals at Kiev were a breeze. A heartwarming moment sticks in my mind: on one flight to Kiev, in the dead of winter, I forgot where I had left my coat. Soon all the flight attendants and at least five passengers, all total strangers, were busy helping me look for my coat in the overhead bins and under the seats (we found it, or else I would have frozen to death withing minutes of leaving the terminal.)
RouteKiev to Tel Aviv
Date FlownMarch 2017

"joke of an airline"

(Cyprus)

Verified Review | Budapest to Bangkok via Kiev. 7 hour wait in the airport because the flight wouldn't make it in time for my connection due to a delay. Staff were annoyed when I asked for an explanation and left me with a meal ticket which just covered the price of a beer. Complete joke of an airline and will never use them again!
RouteBudapest to Bangkok via Kiev

"No meals offered"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Milan via Kiev. When we bought our tickets the company didnt recognized itself as a "low cost" conpany although the prices are like any other other normal airline. Because we didnt print our check in, they took us 10€ for each pesenger - an exaggerated price for such a small mistake. No meals offered during the flights, only some snacks and drinks. In the drinks they didnt have even diet coke on board. Only water is served by free charge. In conclusion, this airline is like any other low cost company (even worse) you need to take that in mind if the price is profitable.
RouteTel Aviv to Milan via Kiev
Date FlownOctober 2017

"they were jeopardising our safety"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | New York to Ankara via Kiev. My complaint is about the insufficient management and indifference of the cabin crew against an uncomfortable situation created by passengers. On 15th September I flew from NY to Kiev in a plane full of Hasidic rabbis who were not sitting at their place, gathering at the exit gate to pray where I was sitting, gathering around continuously, singing as if it was their private plane. They were still standing and getting their cabin bagage while we were landing. The problem is that the crew did not seem any interest to manage the situation, except one lady to whom I asked to take control but she was too delicate to warn them so I had to argue with these people for 10 hours because they were jeopardising our safety standing at the exit gate, disturbing me by continuously passing in front me, making rumour and didn't let me sleep.
RouteNew York to Ankara via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Avoid at all costs"

Verified Review | London to Dubai via Kiev. Initial one hour delay with no word or explanation from staff at the desk. The gate staff looked offended when I asked about the delay and they gave no information, just said they expected the plane to board at a specific time. It did not. The seats onboard were tiny. The staff with a lack of care, composure or friendliness. Not content with crushing my arm with a hastily pulled down arm rest without warning, I was then clattered into by the food trolley without an apology at all. The captain made no reference or apology for the delay - presumably thinking if he didn't mention it, it didn't happen. - There is no inflight entertainment. There is no inflight meal unless you want to pay extra. During my flight, one woman attempted to numb the pain by consuming half a bottle of whiskey. While frequently sitting in the aisle and worrying children down the end of the plane with her excessive noise and obnoxious behavior, she was never challenged once by staff. Presumably they felt she offered the entertainment their airline had failed to provide. Kiev airport - I admire their cost cutting measures of appointing just enough staff to be considered an airport without actually having a care for procedure or efficiency. Poorly signposted or explained - people queued without any real idea of what they were doing or where they needed to be. I bought a brand new case for this return trip, seeing as my old rugged one was clearly used as a form of piñata during my previous flight. The only positive I can gain from this scenario is that its over. I can rest easy in the knowledge that I'll never have to fly with them again. Ukraine international is often one of the cheapest providers for a reason - they have saved money at every turn by their distinct dislike for any facet that would make flying a pleasurable experience. Avoid at all costs.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Kiev
Date FlownAugust 2017

"worst company to fly"

Verified Review | Düsseldorf to Bangkok via Kiev. I travel a lot but this is the worst company to fly with. There is no entertainment and the cabin was too hot. I pay for a upgrade seat but didn't get this, and a lot of free Seats for that upgrade. The staff said you are not on the list so you can sit there, even after reading the confirm from my mail.
RouteDüsseldorf to Bangkok via Kiev
Date FlownJuly 2017

"don't fly them unless necessary"

Verified Review | Wow, if you think Ryanair and Easyjet are bad: Try Ukraine International Airlines. Absolutely horrible experience flying from Amsterdam to Minsk via Kiev. Check in desk opened 1 hour later than told, seat pitch in 737-800 is extremely small. There is no way anyone taller than 175 can sit comfortably there. All you (can) get is a small glass of water complimentary. What a joke. Kiev Borispol is the next joke: my flight connection was 55 minutes and I literally had to run to make my flight. The 737-500 was ancient, yet way more comfortable than the 800. UIA is a joke airline, don't fly them unless necessary (meaning if you want to go cheap).
AircraftBoeing 737-800 & Boeing 737-500
RouteAmsterdam to Minsk via Kiev
Date FlownJuly 2017

"These guys are disgusting"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Stockholm to Athens via Kiev. The flight from Stocholm was delayed 3 hours because the pilot found out that the planes electronic devices did not work, and they still made us fly with the same plane despite the problems. The worst thing is that they denied to acknowledge the passenger's rights according to the european union which state that if you arrive in your final destination 3 hours late the airline has to compensate you. They made us pay for the water inside the plane. When I stated those rights to the sole employee they had in the gate she started being sarcastic, and when I asked to see her superiors, she told me that they were too busy to talk to me! When we arrived in Kiev, they made us run like we were being chased to catch another flight they delayed so they wouldn't pay a new one for us. These guys are disgusting, choose a real airline - in fact, choose anything than Ukraine International.
AircraftE190 / Boeing 737-800