Vote Now

Ukraine International

"worst flight experience we ever had"

(Latvia)

Verified Review | Kiev to Bangkok. The worst flight ever! Very unfriendly staff, no TV, not comfortable at all and 10 hrs nightmare, only 2 times in 10 hrs flight we got drinks, and it was half of 1 glass of water or juice. We had 2 flights and the second was even worse. My friend just got different food, they didnt even ask about which one of 2 he would like to choose. Alcaholic drinks you have to pay for, ok, after 30 min we started our flight I wanted to buy beer, but they didnt have it, because they had only 4 and all was sold. Nobody even said sorry. I understand that they dont have something after 8 hrs, but not after 30 min flight just started. I will never choose this company again! This is the worst flight experience we ever had!
RouteKiev to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"just awful and unacceptable"

Verified Review | Paris CDG to Kiev with Ukraine International. In the era of globalization and crazy rhythm of life only the service really defines the quality of this or that product. Ukrainian International have no clue of any service except awful, hence the experience is awful. The crew spent 2 hours out of 2:55 hour flight, serving drinks / food. Access to the washroom for those who were already served was limited. The staff didn't know what were they selling or how to use the credit card machine. I complained about the stale croissant served and received shocking respond: "But you have the croissant, what else do you want?" Just awful and unacceptable. It's a shame that this company is a flag carrier airline of Ukraine.
RouteCDG to KBP
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"got us where we wanted to go"

Verified Review | Flew Ukraine International for the first time from Barcelona to Kiev, and then from Kiev on to Lviv. This was our first time going to Ukraine, so we didn't know what to expect. Check-in in Barcelona was quite slow as they seemed understaffed, but the boarding experience was pleasant and the plane ended up being about 2/3 full. The plane was in fairly good shape, and the crew was efficient and spoke passable English – though they were not particularly friendly by Western standards. Food/beverage was all buy-onboard, but large sandwiches were only 3 Euro and seemed to be very popular. I paid 2 Euro for a chocolate bar and a soda, also very reasonable. They are cash-only onboard, so make sure to have small bills/coins. Water was complimentary. Transiting Kiev was relatively easy, though we were transferring to a domestic flight so we had to clear Ukrainian immigration at Kiev. This process was pretty efficient, as there is a separate line for "Non-EU" foreign passports and the handful of Americans aboard our flight from Barcelona had this line largely to ourselves. All signs in the Kiev airport are in Ukrainian, Russian, and English, so it was easy to get around. They did not make us collect our luggage and re-check it onto the domestic flight, which was a nice change from American airports. Going through security again to reach the domestic departure area was hectic, as nobody seemed to really respect the line and would cut in at will. The staff in the domestic terminal spoke good English, and were helpful if asked. The Lviv flight was delayed due to heavy fog, but announcements were made in all three languages about the delay. Overall it was better than I expected. I'm not sure I'd choose them for a longhaul, but they got us where we wanted to go at an excellent price.
RouteBCN to LVO via KBP
Date FlownDecember 2016

"this airline is a complete joke"

Verified Review | Worst airline ever! Flew from Beijing to Amsterdam via Kiev. First flight was delayed for 3 hours (no prior information sent by email). Because of this delay, my connecting flight was re-booked and I had to wait 9 hours in Kiev with no information, water and food. Total delay: 12 hours! I called the customer support desk, but they cannot help you and they try to source it out to someone else with less knowledge. Cabin Staff was generally grumpy and in-flight entertainment was terrible. A ten year old LCD TV was shared with about 20 people in the premium economy class. The food was average. Leg space was ok for premium economy, but very tight for economy class. The business class seats don't have a 180 degree recline possibility.-Aircraft very old. In summary very cheap flight, but you also risk massive delays (see other reviews). Not worth it. I normally never review airlines, but this airline is a complete joke.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RoutePEK to AMS via KBP
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"nice and courteous if you speak Russian"

(Poland)

Verified Review | I have flown with Ukraine International from Warsaw to Kiev return. I find the crew very nice and courteous if you speak in Russian. The flight was uneventful. The prices of coffee and food are reasonable for European standards. The planes Boeing 737-700 and Boeing 737-500 were clean and nice. The only thing that I do not like about this airline is that they always bus the WAW flight in Kiev. When it is -20C, it is quite not nice. I would say that the airline provides on short-haul routes above average product.
RouteKBP to WAW
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"UIA is an excellent choice"

Verified Review | I flew from Amsterdam Schiphol to Beijing Capital via Kiev and the same route back 10 days later. From the reviews I read I expected this trip to be awful. I was pleasantly surprised by the smooth check in at Amsterdam, I was even allowed to pick my own seats without additional charge for both flights. Check in at Beijing, however, took ages and the ground crew were not very kind. Cabin crew members on all four flights looked a bit cranky, but actually were very sweet. I was served 2 pretty okay meals on the long-haul flights with juice, coffee or tea and water. On the flights from and to Amsterdam I ordered a very tasty panini for only €3 and was also served as much water as I'd like. The seats on the E190 were the most comfortable, because they were as wide as the premium economy seats on the B767, but the other narrower seats still had a 32" seat pitch, so I could still enjoy a very comfortable flight. On the flight from Kiev to Beijing I received a blanket, sleeping mask, ear plugs and earphones, from Beijing to Kiev I just received the blanket and earphones. There's only inflight entertainment on the B767 flights, which looks like they popped a good old VHS with chinese subtitles into the recorder, so I just took my tablet with me. This definitely wasn't the best airline I've ever flown, but when you just relax and think about the money you saved to spend at your destination, you'll find that UIA is an excellent choice.
AircraftE190, Boeing 767-300ER, Boeing 737-800
RoutePEK to AMS via KBP
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"narrow and camped seats"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Hopeless service. Flew from Chisinau to Brussels via Kiev with UIA - the company managed to lose only my bag (from all other passengers), but the worst part is that there is no way to find someone helpful working for this carrier. Most phone lines are either non-operational (calls drop or nobody picking up during office hours), or if by magic getting to a live person they usually are either unable to mumble a reply or a playing a game of "it's not my area of expertise, please call a different number". Obviously, no bag found so far. And that's only one part of the story. Onboard the staff were cold and borderline rude. The only thing provided free on a 3 hour flight was water. Absolutely no entertainment. Narrow and camped seats. Just to prove their point to a tall passenger (over 2m high), the flight attendant prohibited anyone on a full flight to take an exit seat (unless having paid for this privilege). Bottom line - fly at your own risk, only hand luggage and only if you have a thick skin and you really have no other option.
RouteKIV to BRU via KBP

"unfriendly and emotionless"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Istanbul to New York via Kiev with Ukraine International that I never even heard of. The reason is because the ticket flight for the trip was cheap. My first flight from Istanbul to Kiev was okay, but the interior of the plane look outdated, the seat is really small and the armrest is hollow plastic. The stewardess are really unfriendly and emotionless. They barely greet and smile at you, even help the flight passengers to lift their bag to the cabin. They just watched and stared at you. During my next flight from Kiev to New York, the trip was worse. The seat looked cheap and small. The foods were decent. However, you have to pay for drink such as soft drinks and wine. The worse was during the trip, there was a leakage of water from the air-con above me.
RouteIST to JFK via KBP
Date FlownDecember 2016

"crew on board were really friendly"

I flew DUS-KBP-DUS on UIA and was satisfied. The outgoing flight was perfectly on time an we arrived half an hour early. The preordered meal was good and brought to me shortly after take off. The return flight was 30 minutes late, not too bad. The crew on board were really friendly and the flights were calm. The seat pitch on the newer planes is quite low, with my size it's not fun to sit here but ok for a short flight. All in all the value was really good so I'd choose UIA again any time.
RouteDUS to KBP
Date FlownDecember 2016

"decent but basic business class"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Ankara via Kiev. I was pleasantly surprised with the flight, the cabin crew were efficient and attentive throughout. Drinks were offered before take off and during the flight, meals were hot and delicious. There was no in-flight entertainment, but the complimentary papers kept me busy until I fell asleep. The transfer at Kiev is a pain, as all transit passengers have to go through another security check, and only one was in operation, this took about an hour to get through. You cannot book your seat on line if travelling from Gatwick, so I requested a window seat at check in, only to be told that all the window seats had been allocated. When we boarded the plane, there were only a few passengers in business class, and just about all the window seats were unoccupied - very strange. For the price, this airline is fine if you want decent but basic business class service.
RouteLGW to ESB via KBP