Ukraine International

"more than expected"

Trip Verified | Ankara to London LGW via Kiev. When I booked assistant service with the airline for my elderly mother flying from Ankara to London via Kiev, the lady on phone is pleasant enough, reminded that the service must be booked 48h in advance so this request was not confirmed. My mother was then shown online check-in website as person with wheelchair and she got someone helped her until the plane door on both legs, they even had some lift so that to she didn't have to walk down the stair. That's even more than expected. Both flights were on time. The seat on the aircraft from Kiev to London is better than the one from Ankara. My mother also said the crew went often around to offer water (free on board).
RouteAnkara to London LGW via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"flight just didn't happen"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Kharkiv to New York via Kiev. The flight just didn't happen, they cancelled it 2 weeks before without specifying a reason. The planes are quite old normally, they have new planes but there are not many of them. Also they don't have free meal on short flights and there is no free baggage on short and medium flights. However price is low (if you're lucky and your flight will happen though). I highly discourage you to use this airline.
RouteKharkiv to New York via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"No refund, pure extortion"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Gatwick. Terrible airline. Could only book return with my daughter to collect her from Kiev but as she was not on first flight they cancelled her ticket and then when I was returning with her they charged me 350€. No refund, pure extortion. Avoid!
RouteKiev to Gatwick

"I don’t recommend them"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Istanbul via Kiev. I’ve booked a flight with them but unfortunately for some reasons I had to postpone my ticket. I called them, the customer service is very bad and they have problems with paying attention to details, English language, communication skills. After waiting for a long time on the phone the said are sorry we have some technical issues and we can’t process your request, you have to go to Toronto airport and from there you can do it! If I go to the airport I have to leave my job and drive one hour to the airport and then paying for the parking and I think these expenses all together would be more than 500 Canadian dollars. I had to cancel with them and I lost almost 350 dollars! Just because they have technical issues! I don’t recommend them.
RouteToronto to Istanbul via Kiev

"Disastrous experience"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Helsinki. Disastrous experience with Ukraine International. They delayed our flight by 8 hours and we had two other connecting flights. I asked them what they are going to do about our other 2 connecting flights, and they replied to me by saying that it’s not their problem. The service here is just horrible. I had to call an American company where I bought my tickets so they would deal with this airline. I would never fly with this company again. The check in was also just terrible.
RouteKiev to Helsinki

"most horrible airline"

Not Verified | Odessa to New York via Kiev. The most horrible airline. I've never saw such a rude and nasty stewardesses. The food was discusting. My flight was delayed for over 7 hours, so in total I had to wait with my grandma, who is over 70 years old for over 10 hours in the airport. No one even offered water. When I went to the information center, they basically told me that they cannot help me.
RouteOdessa to New York via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"flight just didn't exist"

Not Verified | Copenhagen to Cairo via Kiev. I was booked on this airline through Kiwi.com. The first leg of the trip didn't come up on the board when I reached Copenhagen. Seemed like the flight just didn't exist. I also couldn't check-in online. So with no options I had to phone the Ukraine from the airport to figure out the problem. I blew through $5 of my Skype credit getting nowhere with them. Thankful the people at the Copenhagen airport were nice enough to book me with another airline.
RouteCopenhagen to Cairo via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Terrible service, unfriendly staff"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Odessa via Kiev. Terrible. Our flight from Budapest was delayed. I was supposed to have 1 hour and 10 minutes to catch my connection. In reality, I had half an hour. I passed passport control, dashed through the airport to domestic departures. I got at the gate in time, people were still boarding. However, my boarding card wasn’t accepted by the system. A few minutes later, the staff told me the flight has been overbooked, I can’t travel. I specifically booked a seat I like. So, I was denied boarding. I had to talk to over 3 representatives, most of which didn’t speak English, until I got a mere “sorry”, and was issued a new ticket for the following day. My checked bag was nowhere to be found - a representative told me it was in Kiev, I just need to wait. I waited for hours without any food or drink. They provided a hotel room, in a terrible, Soviet-style hotel. When I arrived in Odessa, after hours of investigation, it turns out my bag arrived with the flight I was not allowed to board. Terrible service, unfriendly staff.
AircraftB737
RouteBudapest to Odessa via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"delayed the flight for 7 hrs"

Trip Verified | I flew with them Ankara to Toronto via Kiev. They delayed the flight for 7 hrs. It's supposed to be 9hrs 55 minutes flying time but we were in the air for 11hrs 15 minutes. When we landed to Toronto it was midnight and I missed my flight to Montreal, nobody helped me because my flight to Montreal was not connected with them. I had to find the motel and rebook my flight by myself. The first available flight to Montreal was at 6.45 on it took 48 hrs travel time from Ankara to Montreal plus $450 hotel, rebooking and cab fees. I will never fly again with Ukraine International again.
RouteAnkara to Toronto via Kiev

"avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | I flew from Amman to Paris with a stopover in Kiev. When I got to Paris, my baggage wasn't there. I went to baggage counter where many people from my flight have gathered because they didn't have their baggage as well. The counter lady first gave us choice between to declare the missing bag there by filling in a form or to do it online. As I was tired I took the online declaration form and did it at home. When I entered the identification number (Token) written on the form, it didn't go through so I couldn't declare my missing bag. After struggling to finally find they right phone number, Ukraine airlines baggage service, I had to call them several time because I didn't have a reference number (The one you get when you are able to declare your missing bag). They finally told me that my bag was at the airport and they would ask their service to send it to me. I also sent many emails to all the customer service email addresses that I found online but none of them has answered. They gave me the Ukraine phone number but this one didn't work I found another one online but when I called I couldn't hear anything, their line connection is too bad. I called again the baggage service and they said that they refused to send the bag because I didn't declare it as missing and they don't want to know that it was blocked and I wasn't able to do it, this is the procedure. I live 400 kms from the airport and I have to get there to pick it up, pay the travel, parking and waste one day because of them. Anyway, avoid this airline as much as possible, this is a big bunch of useless people. Never ever I will fly again with them.
RouteAmman to Paris via Kiev