Tame Línea Aérea Del Ecuador

"crew polite and helpful"

Verified Review | Quito to Galápagos Islands and return to Guayaquil. First leg UIO-GPS was with a stop in GYE to collect more passengers there was an hour delay announcements were made only in Spanish but when I asked I was informed anyway. A short hop to GYE and short stop there and then 2 hrs to GPS both legs were on an older version of A320 no inflight entertainment but I wasn’t expecting as it’s domestic and not really long flights besides I was enjoying the scenery from the window. Their inflight magazine is also only in Spanish which is strange being an Int’l airline and a lot of tourists come to visit. Ground staff in both UIO and GPS were very helpful and cheerful and when I asked for seats with extra leg room I was offered first seat in Economy on both flights. Crew on board doing their jobs but weren’t very enthusiastic but polite and helpful. A sandwich and a coffee were offered which was a sufficient snack. Crew constantly talk to me in Spanish, a language that I don’t speak. Return flight to GYE was on time and arrived on time to catch my Int’l connection to AMS. Luggage was delivered quickly and no hassle for connecting from domestic to Int’l at GYE even if it’s with a different airline. I was really surprised with the good service all in all and worth what I paid. Just planes are old and need renovation. Toilets were kept clean all the time. Will recommend it for future if I go to Ecuador again.
RouteQuito to Galápagos via Guayaquil
Date FlownOctober 2017

"all went wrong"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Guayaquil to Quito. Well all went wrong. 3 hours late, a short fly of 30 minutes. Anarchic system, my seat is occupied, changed 3 times in the plane. Pre-boarding all at the same time.
RouteGuayaquil to Quito
Date FlownMay 2017

"seats are old and dirty"

New York to Guayaquil with Tame. They only have one plane for this route. The same plane you take going is the same one that returns every day. The seats are old and dirty. Some have tears on the seat cushions. When you sit on them you feel the frame hitting your back. It looks decent on the outside but the inside is poor. The entertainment system does not work. They did not serve food for 3 hrs. We had taken food for our 7 year old daughter but did not bring a fork. when I asked for a fork I was told they could not give me one because it would render another passengers tray incomplete. All the trays were accounted for already and they had the exact number for all. The flight attendants are not very friendly. You are better off taking LAN. You get what you pay for.
RouteJFK to GYE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"awful experience"

(Argentina)

The TAME flight had a cancellation, and departed late from JFK. They announced that were sending us to a hotel at Quito since we were losing the connection, they rejected to stay in NYC instead? When we arrived to Quito, after having 9 hours to arrange our stay, they sent us to a small hotel without confirming to the hotel. Therefore, we did not fit all, the hotel was very humble, and were not prepared to give us dinner. There were no supervisor responsible and nobody to talk with. Awful experience.
RouteJFK to EZE via UIO
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"service almost non-existent"

New York JFK to Quito. My grandson and I upgraded at JFK to business class for $200 per person. We got next to nothing for the extra money. The seats were very comfortable and the cabin spacious. But service was almost non-existent. We were served the same breakfast as in coach in the same plastic containers with the same plastic utensils. And that was it, there was no follow up service with coffee, juice, etc, let alone alcohol. There was also no inflight entertainment. Our bags were tagged as priority, but were almost the last on the carousel at Quito,
RouteJFK to UIO