Best Cabin Crew

TACV Cabo Verde Airlines

"everything went smoothly"

(Estonia)

Pleasant flight on TACV Cabo Verde Airlines with friendly crew from Sao Vicente to Praia. Everything from check-in to arrival went smoothly. There was a small delay of 20-30 min on departure. The departure time was changed about 1 week before the flight but I got an automatic email from their system with this information.
AircraftATR 72-500
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteSao Vicente to Praia
Date FlownNovember 2015

"would miss connection flight"

Trip from Lisbon to Sal (via Praia) with TACV Cabo Verde Airlines, and our flight got delayed. They informed us the evening before 9pm (flight at 7am). Tried to reach the customer service for over an hour multiple times (line got disconnected) cost 100 euro (Irish phone in Lisbon). This is why we would miss our connection flight. We tried to arrange something at the airport the next morning. The lady told us that is was arranged and that her colleagues would be waiting for us on the airport in Praia (not!), asked for some conformation which she couldn't provide. Arrived on Praia - nobody knew something of our arrival. After a lot of waiting and discussions with the lady from the customer service in Praia she managed to get us on the flight to Sal. On our way back same story - flight got delayed - had to leave one day earlier. I was not happy with the extra connection flights as I have a fear of flying and take pills for nerves.
RouteLisbon to Sal via Praia
Date FlownOctober 2015

"wildly insensitive and unforgivable"

I flew TACV Cabo Verde Airlines back from Praia with an 8-week old puppy that I rescued from Boa Vista. In short, we departed 2 hours late, they were insensitive about caring for the dog, and they lost my luggage, which took over a week to be returned to me. I will not be flying with them again. I had emailed TACV weeks prior to ask for any particular details I might need to know before traveling with a dog. I got a reply to "please check our web site" (which I had already done and had found nothing useful). Anyhow, I budgeted ample time at the airport to get things arranged: going through security, paying for the puppy/crate, going from line to line, etc. Everything was going more-or-less smoothly until we got to the gate agent. I handed him my boarding pass, and he looked at me like I had two heads. "Why do you have this dog?" Evidently I was supposed to have checked the crate earlier, something no one had told me to do. "No problem, but just leave the dog there," he said, pointing to the tarmac, "and get on the plane." He wanted me to leave a puppy in the sun/heat, just before being stowed in a hot cargo hold on a 7 hour flight? I refused to move until they got a baggage handler to put the dog on the plane, which in retrospect was even more judicious than I had anticipated, since they ended up losing my luggage (but at least not the puppy). It struck me as wildly insensitive and unforgivable. Incidentally, it seems that most of my fellow passengers understood little about not crowding the boarding gate/baggage claim area, etc. as if we weren't all going to the same place and that by cutting the line they weren't going to create a bottleneck that would just make everything take longer for everyone.
RoutePraia to Providence
Date FlownAugust 2015

TACV Cabo Verde Airlines customer review

My partner and I were on our honeymoon and had booked to travel to Sal Boa Vista San Vincent and back to Sal over a 2 week period. Our first flight from Sal left 30 minutes early so we arrived at Boa Vista 2 hours early only to be told the flight had gone and they had no explanation why. They offered use flights the next day which included an extra flight and would have taken all day. We lost all confidence in the company as we had arranged hotels and a ferry to fit in with our flight so we just asked for the direct flight back to Sal which was days later and stayed there the rest of our holiday.

TACV Cabo Verde Airlines customer review

Bissau-Dakar-Praia/Praia-Fogo island-Praia/Praia-Dakar. All flights on time international ones on leased Brazilian White Jets A320 domestic on ATR 72. Pleasant flights newish aircraft in good condition small snacks served on international legs friendly crew overall good experience at reasonable fares. No IFE available and neither necessary on such short flights.

TACV Cabo Verde Airlines customer review

Boston to Praia roundtrip and internally from Praia to Mindelo roundtrip. The Praia to Mindelo internal flights felt safe. TACV operates ATR-42 aircraft that seem to be new. Each flight however was delayed and other passengers grumbled that TACV is unable to maintain a schedule. Boston to Praia and Praia to Boston flights made me nervous. Each was on an old Boeing 757-200 : plane may be airworthy but the interior was dilapidated enough to impair my confidence in the aircraft. One or more lights were broken one or more armrests fell off and one or more seats needed repair. Given the aircraft's rickety interior I doubt I would fly Boston to Praia again on TACV. The food was good and ground personnel in Boston Praia and Mindelo were helpful. TACV has a number of quirks and operational problems that make it seem subpar. The Boston TACV office gave me inaccurate departure times for the Boston-Praia and Praia-Boston flights. The Boston TACV office will not accept VISA or MasterCard so unless you have American Express you have to mail them a check! The airline does not have a fully functional English/Portuguese website but only a bare-bones version with severely limited capabilities.

TACV Cabo Verde Airlines customer review

TACV on a very short 15 min flight from Fogo to Praia. Very pleasant experience with annoucements in Portuguese French and English. Flight on time and a nice small airport experience. TACV's internal flights are managed in a somewhat archaic yet pleasant way no yield management pricing policy which is very nice as it gives you lots of flexibility on your trip planning.

TACV Cabo Verde Airlines customer review

Four internal flights. The planes were comfortable and clean and a simple service (cold water) was offered on these short flights. Three of the flights operated on time. The fourth (Fogo to Praia) ran with 75 minutes delay - no announcements or apologies were made. On that occasion the baggage unloading at Praia was very slow and inefficient. A consistent performance at the level of the other three flights would have earned TACV a higher score.

TACV Cabo Verde Airlines customer review

Of 4 internal flights 3 worked just fine. Straightforward check-in friendly staff and on time. However on one (Sal - Praia) they brought forward the departure time without advising our agent so we missed it and after lots of protesting and phone calls to the UK agent we got a flight 15 hours later. They're erratic but if you continually re-confirm it should be ok. This is a time warp airline though - industrial size mechanical scales at check-in (not used) and hand written passenger lists at Sao Felipe airport. We shared one flight with 3 crates of live hens.

TACV Cabo Verde Airlines customer review

Roundtrip in economy class from Boston to Sao Vicente with a layover in Praia. Both long haul flights between Boston and Praia were on-time and flight attendants friendly. The aircraft itself seemed to be second-hand - seat cushions and tray-tables were pretty worn. The inflight meals were very good. My flights within the country from Praia to/from Sao Vicente were a little bit delayed each way. I would recommend contacting the airline a day beforehand to double-check the schedule.