Sriwijaya Air

"further delayed by another 5 hours"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Sorong via Makassar. Horrible service!! The flight to Sorong was delayed by one hour in the beginning. At the time of boarding it was told that the flight was further delayed by another 5 hours! This is ridiculous. No information was given to customers before arrival at the boarding gate, to plan accordingly. Moreover due to this, my connecting transportation got missed and the airline did not agree to compensate for that.
RouteDenpasar to Sorong via Makassar
Date FlownMay 2018

"totally useless"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Denpasar. Late due incoming. Being in the industry this is an excuse for every flight of the day running late and progressively getting later. It is the hallmark of an airline that is typical of the bottom feeder that is Sriwijaya; totally inadequate to operate. CGK - DPS, 3 hour delay incoming. DPS - CGK 2.5 hour delay incoming. Would not fly this airline, and I use the term loosely, ever again. Rumours of their impending bankruptcy is now generally accepted as only a matter of time and now can confirm why. Totally useless!
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"terrible customer service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Jakarta. I have not flown with this airline before. Check in experience was smooth and fast at T1 Juanda Airport. However, things got bad quickly as the flight was delayed by 15 minutes and two flights were in one departure gate, making it very crowded. People were sitting on the floor, which was horrible. When the time arrived the ground crew shouted over and over again, telling people to hurry. What terrible customer service! The food was only one tiny horrible bread and mineral water. The plane was dirty, the seat pockets were filthy as well as the floor. Baggage claim was delayed because of the slow ground crew. For me, this middle service airline is worse than Citilink, which claims to be a budget airline.
RouteSurabaya to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the experience was a good one"

Trip Verified | We arrived at Surabaya Juanda International airport where we found our flight would be delayed for 1 hour. We were not too happy because we were early. We checked in and headed to our gate were we found out that we would be delayed for another hour, I got restless and decided that we would visit the "Blue Sky" lounge. We boarded 2 hours and 30 minutes late, with friendly smiles, we got to our seat. One flight attended was wearing a hijab which was very unusual for an Indonesian carrier. The snack service began and in the paper bag contained a cheese sandwich and water. We landed in Jakarta Soekarno Hatta T2 3 hours late. All in all the Sriwijaya experience was a good one, the only problem is the delay.
RouteSurabaya to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2017

"staff would not allow us to check"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Bali to Dili. The counter staff would not allow us to check in without pre-arrival visa. Even thought I show her the information on Timor Leste Consulate website: passenger traveling to Timor Lester via Dili International Aiport or Dili Seaport on business or travel purpose can apply for visa on arrival. I require to meet her manager but she told he/she wasn't there. I require her to show the official regulation from Timor Lester but she failed to do so and asked ourselves to contact the Consulate. We were unable to contact the Consulate as they were on holiday. I wrote the email to complain and require the explanation but they didn't reply. The second email was sent after a week waiting but they also didn't reply. That's the worst service.
RouteBali to Dili
Date FlownNovember 2017

"attendants wearing Hijab"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Surabaya to Yogyakarta. Boarding delayed about 45 minutes due waiting for passengers transfer from Kupang Ground staff informed us and give us snack for delay. Flight attendants wearing Hijab, thats very different with other airlines in Indonesia. They have a smile when served snack cookies. The cabin and toilet also pretty clean. Landing in JOG delayed about 20 minutes due traffic on Yogyakarta. Flight attendant give announcement in Bahasa Indonesia / English / Java.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteSurabaya to Yogyakarta
Date FlownOctober 2017

"missed our flight home"

Verified Review | Yogyakarta to Jakarta. I am an American and was traveling through Indonesia. I stayed for 2 weeks and booked a flight with Sriwijaya Air from Jogja to Jakarta before my flight home. My flight home was scheduled with plenty of time to spare in Jakarta after I would have landed from my flight with Sriwijaya. In Jogja, myself and my fiancé were waiting for our flight to Jakarta with Sriwijaya. We were in the terminal waiting and realized we hadn't boarded the plane and it was already after our scheduled take off time. We asked the airport staff if we were delayed. They said yes and that we were delayed an hour and a half. An hour and a half passed and we asked again and they said there was another 30 minute delay. 30 minutes passed and we asked again, and once again there was another delay. This continued for about 3 hours and we missed our flight home. Other flights were leaving on time except for Sriwijaya's flights. There were no other flights home for 2 days so we had to stay 2 extra days in Indonesia.
RouteYogyakarta to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2017

"dirtiest plane I have ever been"

Verified Review | Jakarta to Medan with Sriwijaya Air. This was the dirtiest plane I have ever been on, and I have travelled a lot. It smelled bad, there was dirt and crumbs all over the seats, it was disgusting. Such poor quality for any airline, and very uncomfortable to be on such a flight. Will never fly this airline again.
RouteJakarta to Medan
Date FlownApril 2017

"quite good value of money"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Sriwijaya Air have quite good value of money for this flight from Silangit to Jakarta. There are other airlines with better amenities flying the same route, but Sriwijaya is one of the few who is doing the direct flight. The worst gripe is that some of the flight attendants are really not professional. The flight attendants generally is bugging the passengers to buy from the inflight shop, which costs lots of money. One of them even sit beside the passenger to ask the passenger to buy the item. While the passenger is also on fault for not rejecting this behavior, the actions of the FAs are not professional at all. The food is not good. The seats are pretty standard in Indonesia. The ground staff at DTB is quite nice and quite quick in checking us in.
RouteSilangit to Jakarta
Date FlownApril 2017

"this new route is promising"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Tanjung Karang to Yogyakarta is actually a new route. I was required to fly from Bandung to Yogyakarta, but as an aviation geek, of course I wanted to fly the longest and farthest. I found that an early flight to Tanjung Karang from Bandung is possible to be connected with Sriwijaya Air's flight to Yogyakarta. So I booked it. How was my flight? Departure time was 15.20 LT. But when I arrived at 13.20 LT to secure my favorite seat (emergency exit, window), I was told that there would be a delay. I was expected to fly at 17.00 LT. I didn't mind, especially as beside me, there were 150+ passengers of Lion Air who were supposed to fly at 08.00 LT to Jakarta but still stranded at the airport. A 1 hour 40 minutes of delay for me was fine. Check in went smoothly. I got my favorite seat. The ground crew gave me snacks for the delay compensation. I boarded first. The flight went okay. The food was nice (a cup of water and a slice of cheese bun). Getting my baggage was another story. The conveyor belt was merged with NAM Air's flight from Jakarta. It took 35 minutes for me to grab my luggage. Overall, this new route is promising.
RouteBandar Lampung to Yogyakarta