Best Economy Class Seats

Small Planet Airlines

"just went from bad to worse"

Verified Review | Flew with Small Planet Airlines through Olympic holidays and I never will again. They have ruined my trip and have left me out of pocket. Our flight S5123, 12/7/16 over was horrendous, it was like a party plane, there were two younger male flight attendants who were not in control. The majority of the people on the plane were Malia bound and it was clear they were going to be drinking, but the two flight attendants were acting like they were on holiday with them. Even when the seatbelt signs were turned on people were not stopped from getting up, as I was travelling with my 11 year old son I found this very intimidating. The girls in front of us were jumping up and down on their seats, high pitched screaming and singing and even drinking their own duty free drink, which the crew were aware of. That was only the start of our bad experience, the flight home S5124 20/7/16 was cancelled and we waited 27 hours for another flight. To make matters worse as we live in Northern Ireland and our flight is only to Manchester we'd missed our connection flight home to Belfast meaning I was left stranded in Manchester with my son with very little money, meaning my mother had to pay £320 to get us home 10 times normal price as it was last minute plus the money we lost from original flights missed. The flight home S5124 21/7/16 wasn't a pleasant experience either, the staff were confrontational and aggressive. When we arrived at Manchester we waited 2hrs for our bags as they didn't have a clue where they were, how can bags disappear off a plane we just got off completely ridiculous, just went from bad to worse.
RouteMAN to HER
Date FlownJuly 2016

"staff were brilliant and helpful"

Manchester to Rhodes. First time I'd heard of them so was very apprehensive but it was one of the best experiences. Plenty of leg room, the staff were brilliant and helpful. I'll be looking for Small Planet Airlines in future, thanks for making the beginning of my holiday so good.
RouteMAN to RHO

"flight delayed 1 hour"

One of the worst flights for punctuality and service I have ever experienced. Flight delayed 1 hour from Aberdeen to Verona whilst sitting on the plane. Difficult to understand flight crew as their English was poor. Ran out of sandwiches etc very early on in service (prior to 5th row). Flight delayed 11 hours on return with no explanation given.
RouteABZ to VRN

"never had any issues"

This is the third time we have flown with Small Planet from Skiathos to Manchester via Thessaloniki and I must say we have never had any issues. Its a cheap and cheerful airline you get what you pay for. The planes are comfortable and bright. We always pay for extra legroom as we are both tall. The staff are very friendly and helpful and good humoured. Ok so there's no flight entertainment and no meals and drinks unless you pay for them. If necessary get a meal deal from Boots before you board. We have had a couple of delays but have always been kept informed. I would recommend them if you just see the flight as a means to an end, ie a holiday when you get off.
RouteJSI to MAN via SKG
Date FlownJune 2016

"had a nice amount leg room"

Verified Review | Was a little apprehensive when I realised we had booked with Small Planet Airlines, due to a number of negative comments. However I was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience flying from Faro to Manchester. The planes had the slim seats, which could not recline, (which was excellent) having the slim seats meant we had a nice amount leg room, infact more leg room than my flight last year from another airline. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The captain on the return flight was quite a comedian and put the passengers at ease. Would I fly with them again - yes. Would I recommend to friends and family - yes.
RouteFAO to MAN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"professional and friendly attendants"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Tirana with Small Planet. Tickets were nearly £120 less than any other airline at time of the year to Albania. The service was good. Fairly comfortable seating, professional and friendly attendants. While it was a little longer flight due to 1 hour delay it was worth it.
RouteLGW to TIA
Date FlownJuly 2016

"plane interior was modern"

Manchester to Palma with Small Planet Airlines. After reading some of the bad reviews I was a bit nervous but I can honestly say they was just as good as any other airline I've used - only cheaper in price. The plane interior was nice and modern, the staff friendly, the pilot even let children come and have a look in cockpit before we set off. I would definitely recommend.
RouteMAN to PMI

"staff were exceptional"

London Gatwick to Banjul with Small Planet Airlines. I had never heard of this airline - as a volunteer charity worker in The Gambia, my usual route was either from Birmingham or Manchester. An urgent issue arose and the only option available was with Small Planet out of Gatwick. The plane was well appointed, with comfortable seats and a surprising amount of leg room. The meals were of a better standard than usual - and the cabin staff were exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble. So would I travel with them again? Definitely.
RouteLGW to BJL
Date FlownMay 2016

"staff really pleasant"

Manchester to Palma with Small Planet Airlines. Just got back from a family holiday with Small Planet. I had never heard of this company before but to be honest the price was right. Haven't been abroad since starting a family 8 years ago so was more than a little worried after reading the reviews once we had actually booked but didn't have any need to whatsoever. The staff were really pleasant, helpful and efficient. The flight outbound left on time. The aircraft was just like in the pictures on their website - nice, clean, new and brightly coloured. Felt in safe and had 2 very pleasant flights. The inbound flight was delayed by 30 mins but nothing too major in my eyes. Would absolutely recommend and would definitely fly with them again.
RouteMAN to PMI

"no updates given"

Verified Review | Flew Small Planet Airlines from Humberside to Verona. Flight due to depart at 07.00. Delayed until 13.25. No crew available. No updates given. No apologies. Certainly don't recommend this airline. Seven day break in Lake Garda now reduced to six days. I'm sure any other half decent airline would have provided a relief crew.
RouteHUY to VRN