Small Planet Airlines

"friendly, helpful and professional crew"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Flew Lublin to Heraklion. Very comfortale trip, without delays, friendly, helpful and professional crew, good amtosphere on board, everything fast and without problems. I felt safe during the journey and I think that I will choose Small Planet for my next year holiday.
RouteLublin to Heraklion

"experience was faultless"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Preveza return with Small Planet Airlines. Our flights both ways could not have been any smoother and the experience was faultless. I didn't try the food so unable to comment but all the staff were friendly and attentive. Would use again.
RouteGatwick to Preveza

"friendly cabin crew"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Prevesa. We have flown now this route three times with Small Planet Airline since 2015, most recently out on 29.06.17 and back 06.07.17, and consider that this airline just gets better and better. On the latest occasion both flights left on time and arrived early. The aircraft was spotlessly clean and comfortable with smart leather seats and bright multi-coloured headrest covers. The friendly cabin crew were professional and safety aware, whilst the commentaries from the flight deck both before take off, during the flight and before landing was informative and very well executed. For a no frills budget airline the catering was both plentiful and reasonably priced eg. full English breakfast with coffee (if you wanted it) for £7.50. Great to see that this airline has revived the old tradition of offering boiled sweets to all passengers with courtesy prior to the aircraft starting its descent. Based on our experience I would have no hesitation in commending Small Planet Airlines.
RouteGatwick to Prevesa
Date FlownJuly 2017

"no respect for customers complaints "

Verified Review | Gatwick to Ivalo return. After a fantastic holiday in Lapland we begun our return Journey with Small Planet Airlines. Due to adverse weather conditions the flight was delayed 3 hours. After 3 hours the pilot said they we would be re routed to Luton Airport. Whilst waiting for 3 hours the airline run out of food and drink. This was a particular concern with small children on board. We were charged for food and drink despite the fact with a delay that long the airline should not be charging for food and drink. When we arrived at Luton we had to wait two hours for our baggage. I contacted Small Planet Airlines to raise a complaint due to the additional costs we incurred having to get home from Luton instead of Gatwick. After having no response for over two months I contacted Small Planet Airlines to see how my complaint was being handled only to be told they did not have my boarding pass. I had supplied this to the company with the other requested document but they had obviously lost this. I received a response from the company but it failed to answer the points I raised in my initial complaint so I contacted them again requesting they respond to the points I raised. Some four months later I have had no response. I have tried to contact the company but each time I am put on hold for 15 minutes then you are automatically cut off. It would appear that this is a deliberate tactic to avoid the complaint being dealt with. I have sent the company several emails requesting they contact me to discuss my complaint. All have been ignored. I have also sent an email to the their chief executive which has also been ignored. The company appears to have no respect for their customers complaints and makes it impossible for them to be registered. I would like to say that the pilot and cabin crew were excellent on our return flight it's just a shame they are let down by such poor customer service from this company.
RouteGatwick to Ivalo
Date FlownDecember 2016

"advise you not to use them either"

Verified Review | Newcastle to Ivalo return. Firstly the flight out to see Santa in Lapland was broadly on time. However, there was a significant delay on the way back. We were held in Ivalo airport which is pretty basic at best. On the plane, the crew informed us that the delayed flight was caused by the original cabin crew having excessive hours in the air. The cabin crew that served us had to take a taxi on their day off from Manchester to Birmingham where they were delayed by congestion into the airport. By the time they got to the airport they had already missed the departure slot and no ground staff were available to fuel the plane, hence the significant delay. Now to be fair with the cabin crew on the return flight they were great and really did their best. However on making a claim in December 2016 we are yet to receive a reply. We have tried to call the UK & Lithuanian customer care lines but after about 20 minutes on hold you are cut off. The frustration is you are told that you would be due a refund because of the delay but the lack of response or acknowledgement is just rude. So all I can say is this company are seriously let down by their after sales care and complaints team. I assume they just don't care and assume that if they continue to ignore complaints they will just go away. I would not use Small Planet Airlines again now would I advise you not to use them either.
RouteIvalo to Newcastle
Date FlownDecember 2016

"rather walk to my destination"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Santorini. 2hr delay going out but flight was reasonably pleasant, staff friendly and the plane appeared to be reasonably new. Coming back we had the joy of a 7hr delay. The delay itself wasn't too grim (it was during the day and was spent in a taverna up the road from the airport rather than the tiny departure lounge). We eventually left on a plane which had clearly been sourced in a hurry that looked like it was the only one in the scrapyard that still worked. Luckily we arrived back in the UK in one piece, and this is where the fun begins! Don't expect a quick response to any delay claims (weeks will pass). Don't expect to be offered the full amount, as stated in the regulations on flight delays. Don't expect to receive the payout within the time limit they state (13 weeks in our case, it's now 15 weeks since they promised a payout, and over 6 months since the claim was first placed). Don't expect to get a response to any chasing emails. They ignore Tweets too. The only response I got on social media was posting to their FB wall (along with many other disgruntled customers) - you can't post directly to the wall, you have to put a comment in one of their posts. Despite the actual flights being OK (staff are lovely), there is no way I would ever fly with Small Planet again. They suffer badly from delays and their customer service is one of the worst I've encountered. I'd rather walk to my destination, it would probably be quicker.
RouteGatwick to Santorini
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"not fly Small Planet ever again"

Verified Review | Manchester to Rhodes. A distressing 11 hour delay spent in the airport, with little information given, and any that was given to us changed every time we asked why we were delayed - various reasons given which appeared to be more like excuses for poor management. A small fleet means that it doesn't take much to happen for it to escalate, and like dominoes the flights all fall down, and never catch up. We arrived at Manchester airport (a two hour drive from our home) at around 0530hrs for an 08.00hrs flight and did not fly until 18.45hrs, subsequently landing at Rhodes airport around 01.00hrs the following morning, with a long journey to our accommodation, and finally falling into our bed around 03.00hrs shattered! I must say that on the aircraft the cabin crew and flight deck crew were extremely apologetic and looked after us as well as they could within their limitations. We would not fly with Small Planet ever again.
RouteManchester to Rhodes
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"they subsequently refused to respond"

Verified Review | Skiathos to London Gatwick. The flight was more than 8 hours late in arriving. Apparently this is a common experience with Small Planet Airlines and they have subsequently refused to respond to our claim for compensation for the additional expenses we incurred as a result. Otherwise the cabin was comfortable and the crew perfectly pleasant
RouteSkiathos to London Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"seem to have regular delays"

My wife, three year old son and myself booked our Corfu holiday through Olympic Holidays. Our flight was originally supposed to be with Germania but was altered to Small Planet a month or so before we were due to go. To cut a very, very long story short. We were delayed for over 39 hours. We were shunted about, given zero information by Small Planet Airlines or Olympic and generally treated like cattle. On our flight there were numerous small children (all very well behaved), disabled and elderly people who were all left upset and confused. When we eventually got to Corfu two days later we heard nothing from our rep until the penultimate day. The response from the airline and Olympic has been nothing short of disgraceful and at times sarcastic. Small Planet Airlines seem to have regular delays, and not small ones either. Eight, ten or fourteen hours seem quite common. Why Olympic persist with them can only be down to the fact that they are cheap. Still awaiting compensation (and a reply from Olympic) five months later.
RouteMAN to CFU
Date FlownAugust 2016

"cabin crew where lovely"

Fuertaventura to Manchester with Small Planet Airlines. After reading all the negative reviews, I was really worried about flying with Small Planet but I was pleasantly surprised, we were delayed for 30 minutes but that was nothing compared to the 3 and 4 hour delays that a couple of the well known airlines had. The plane itself was bright and clean and the seats weren't as bulky as others which meant that they were comfy but you had extra leg room. The cabin crew where lovely and helpful. I would not hesitate to book with the airline again - delays happen which are not always within the airlines control. Some entertainment on a 4 hour flight would have been good but you don't get that with any of the other budget airlines either.
RouteFUE to MAN