Shenzhen Airlines

"first class service was amiable"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Shenzhen on a Boeing 737. First class a total of eight seats, two rows, four groups, the first day of the first class of passengers a total of four people, so each person sitting on the side. Because the narrow body aircraft fly, the seat can not lie flat, but Shenzhen Airlines first class seats are very spacious. The flight attendant who was in charge of first class service was amiable. And the release of meals, but also to ask whether the need for chili sauce, mustard and other side dishes. The seats do not have a screen, but first class passengers can get a Tablet PC, which has movies, TV shows and other entertainment, the headphone jack bad contact, affecting the listening effect. After the arrival of the plane, the crew will maintain the order on board, so that first class passengers first off the plane, I love Shenzhen Airlines, of course, if it can be wide body aircraft like. Service did not say that food can also hope that the food can do better and more refined. Drinks also hope to be more advanced.
RouteBeijing to Shenzhen
Date FlownOctober 2017

"no signs of priority check-in"

(China)

Verified Review | Shenzhen to Xi'an. It took me 10 minutes to find first class check-in while there was no signs of priority check-in in the terminal, which is quite strange for me while Shenzhen airport is hub airport of Shenzhen Airlines. Check-in and security were efficient. Lounges were comfortable and food tasteful. Flight attendants friendly and attentive. First class seats on this short haul flight was great. Recommended.
RouteShenzhen to Xi'an
Date FlownJune 2017

"impolite to their passengers"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Shubuling to Shenzhen. However did Star Alliance admit this low quality airline into their more prestigious alliance? The website is absolutely awful in English and in Chinese. After failing to purchase a ticket through their website, I managed to buy one on Ctrip. But then the online check-in did would not work. However the verification function on the Chinese language website reassured me that my ticket did exist. Airport check-in was ok as I was first in line. However then the flight was delayed by an hour, then after boarding an announcement of another half hour, then half an hour later yet another delay. I wondered if it was a ploy to avoid paying compensation and why they just did not let us deplane and wait in the lounge. Being vegetarian I would have needed to pre-order my special meal, but as web check in was not available I was not able to order. The only positive was one very polite and helpful stewardess, whom my translator guessed wanted to please the foreign guest, as the flight crew was otherwise quite impolite to their passengers. In flight entertainment: Heidi, a German language film on a screen too distant to read the subtitles.
RouteShubuling to Shenzhen
Date FlownJune 2017

"never, ever is this flight on time"

(China)

I use Shenzhen Airlines 2 time per week from Shenzhen to Jinjiang and back. Never, ever is this flight on time. Delay 1 hour, 2 hours, and last monday a delay of 3 hours. How is it possible? And there isn't other choice, this is the only flight available for to go and come back. Maybe this is the reason: only this flight, only this airline and they think they can do what they want.
RouteSZX to JJN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"standing during turbulence"

(China)

I've been taking Shenzhen Airlines frequently, and the experience today in ZH9149 was not as good as usual. During the flight a woman from economy class went to the first class area and sit by me, chatting with a guy and a kid, who sat in the same row with me. Most of the time she was standing in the aisle even during turbulence. Even worse, she used mobile phone to take pics for the kid. This behavior is dangerous and it happened at least three times during the flight. But there was no cabin crew stopping her all the time.
RouteCKG to CGO
Date FlownDecember 2015

"no incentive to take care of customers"

First time with this airline flying from Shenzhen to Shanghai, and it was not a positive one. Shenzhen Airlines one of those state owned airlines in China (part of Air China) that has no incentive to take care of its customers. Shenzhen airport was impressive and comfortable, but as soon as we arrived at the boarding gate, however, nightmare started. For an airport that spacious and modern, Shenzhen Airlines's plane that took us to Shanghai was parked far far away and it takes a long while for the shuttle bus to get there. We boarded the crowded bus and there was no air conditioning with temperature outside reaching 35+c. We had to wait on the bus for several minutes with everyone sweating like hell before the bus moved. After a seemingly very long ride, we arrived at our plane that was parked at a remote corner in front of a maintenance shop. We boarded the plan and our nightmare continued. There was no aircpn switched on onboard the plane. The pilot informed us that due to air traffic control, we had to wait on the plane for further instructions. A flight attendant came over and asked if we wanted blankets. Looking at her sweat covered face, I am like what .. a blanket! Did you say blanket? She was just doing her job. But the entire crew did not seem to get it.
RouteSZX to SHA
Date FlownSeptember 2015

(Japan)

Flew from Osaka to Beijing. We got to airport 2 hours early, but check-in hadn't started yet. The minute we were supposed to board the airplane, our flight got delayed for 1.5 hours, which was very annoying.
RouteOsaka to Beijing
Date FlownJuly 2015

(China)

Flew Shenzhen to Beijing Capital on Boeing 737-900. Whilst I guess its quite a new plane, the interior was quite grubby with surface stains and scratches to panels and seat areas. The flight was delayed due to traffic but that's normal in China. Lounge at Shenzhen Airport in need of further change if they want to meet international standards, as its geared to Chinese only. Staff onboard were quite efficient, but language skills very poor and didn't understand anything that appears to not be on their script - a bit scary! Food is also geared of course to Chinese passengers, and wasn't good even by Chinese standards. There's not a lot of options for this route, but will go back to using Hainan Airlines whenever I can for domestic as they are miles ahead of all the other airlines here.
RouteShenzhen to Beijing
Date FlownJune 2015

Shenzhen Airlines customer review

Shenzhen to Xi'an. Only foreigner on board got all the attention of the flight attendants - limitless alcohol. Very helpful in general with good English skills. They served dinner which was very reasonable. Check - in was done quickly professional and put a "fragile" sticker on my suitcase without me having to ask for it. All in all a very good travel experience.

(China)

PEK-NNG in Airbus 320. Flight was delayed due to air traffic control the plane was 30% full I was able to sleep and stretch out using the 3 seats. Cabin Attendant courteous and helpful food was inedible though a mysterious chicken noodle or spaghetti? Overall value for money and I can redeem points using my Air China Star Alliance card.