Top 100 Airlines

Rwandair

"very happy with both flights"

(Rwanda)

Verified Review | I flew with Rwandair from Kigali to Entebbe (return) and was very happy with both flights. The aircraft are new and the staff is great. Despite the very shorts flights (about 35 min), the crew made you feel welcome and we were provided with snacks and drinks.
AircraftQ400 / CRJ
RouteKGL to EBB
Date FlownAugust 2016

"my luggage are yet to arrive"

(Nigeria)

Verified Review | Kigali to Lagos with Rwandair. I landed in Lagos on the 22nd July and till today 26th July my luggage are yet to arrive. This type of service is certainly unacceptable. The airline is not the first that I would be traveling on. Have my daughters things in there and a couple of other important items. I have never experienced this type of service with any airline. After calling them several times, all they could tell me after 4 days is that my baggage was tagged for Kigali without any remorse. How insensitive!
RouteKGL to LOS
Date FlownJuly 2016

"left 10 passenger bags in Dubai"

Verified Review | Dubai to Kigali with Rwandair. The airline left 10 passenger bags in Dubai because the airline was over their weight limit. This doesn't make sense because the plane was only 60% full. When asked when my bags would arrive in Kigali the staff said they were unsure and this was normal. I'm in Kigali for work and I had my business attire in my checked luggage. The customer service from checking in to landing was less than desirable. The plane was very dirty and had no been cleaned after the last flight. The flight attendant spoke was rude to some of the passengers. I'm quite disappointed to learn the Rwanda Air frequently leaves passenger's checked luggage at the originating airport to bring other cargo on the plane. Nor do they compensate you for lost or late luggage.
RouteDXB to KGL
Date FlownMay 2016

"flight attendants full of smiles"

(Tanzania)

I flew with Rwandair for the first time in July 2015 using the route Dar es Salaam - Kigali. I didn't know what to expect initially. However, my experience was quite pleasant and the flight attendants were full of smiles and were helpful. Their seats however for business class were quite small. I don't recall inflight entertainment as the journey was only 1 hour and my novel was what I planned to entertain myself with. I also found the staff on the ground at the airport in Kigali just as helpful. I would definitely use them again on this route and would recommend the Dar es Salaam - Kigali route. I am keen to see reviews on other cities they fly in as they are quite affordable.
RouteDAR to KGL
Date FlownJuly 2015

"rudest flight attendant"

(Kenya)

Travelled with Rwandair return from Kigali to Dubai. The outward flight was okay, food was good and the staff was warm but on coming back from Dubai to Kigali, I got the rudest flight attendant. the seats on the plane are very squeezed so I requested for a change of seat since I was carrying an infant, the lady just shrugged like I was disturbing her. I had to squeeze between two people on seat 5B with an infant, while more comfortable seats were vacant. Carry a book or magazine as there is no IFE. The airport staff are however very helpful.
RouteKGL to DXB
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"I can't speak highly enough"

I was concerned about this Rwandair flight after reading some negative reviews, but I can't speak highly enough. The flight was only half full, meaning very personal service from the staff on board. The plane was quite new and very clean. The food we received was good and surprising given it was only an hour flight. My bag arrived in good time. Absolutely nothing to complain about.
RouteKigali to Nairobi
Date FlownJuly 2015

"flight was comfortable"

Once onboard the Rwandair flight was comfortable and the cabin service and meals were good. The flights each way were quite empty and passengers spread out to empty rows. IFE is by drop down screen and they had the same movie each way. Check in early as there appears to be confusion about departure times for WB100. Some days of the week it leaves earlier to stop at Lusaka on the way to JNB. We confirmed our flight as leaving at 1810 but when arriving at the airport it indicated 1845 as the departure time. We boarded the aircraft when the screens indicated that boarding would occur in 20 minutes. We left at the earlier time and flew direct but it was not a day when it was scheduled to leave earlier on account of the extra stop.
RouteKigali to Johannesburg
Date FlownOctober 2015

"Rwandair not offering even a single glass of water"

(Gabon)

I flew Rwandair from Libreville to Johannesburg via Kigala, at the end of August 2015 from LBV to JNB, and was very disappointed. The flight LBV to KGL without any problem but when I reached Kigali, to my surprise the ground staff told me to show my vaccination book. I told them that the ground staff from origin did not tell me that I needed to carry my vaccination book. The ground staff told me to stand aside. They agreed that ground staff from origin should have asked it to me as a requirement to travel. I then asked them to find me a solution and suggested that I would agree to get the yellow fever vaccine again at Kigali Airport as long as I could move on with my trip. Their response was that there was no doctor at the airport and I needed a visa to get out of the airport. I told them that I was willing to pay for visa and hotel to stay until the next flight to JNB but they categorically refused to let me out of the airport or to call for a doctor. I finally ended up waiting 22 hours at Kigali airport and Rwandair not offering even a single glass of water. They kept telling me that they would provide me with food and even a free phone to call home, but nothing happened. Fortunately I always carry my credit card and could satisfy my thirst and hunger. Finally, they flew me back to Gabon and told me that my ticket was lost. They treated me as a refugee, keeping all my documents all the way to LBV. When i reached LBV, I complained to the ground staff and to the station manager, but until now I did not get any call or mail. I have never been treated like this before.
RouteLBV to JNB via KGL
Date FlownAugust 2015

Rwandair customer review

(Saudi Arabia)

Dubai - Johannesburg - Dubai 10 and 24 Jan. Was initially very apprehensive but was pleasantly surprised. Legroom excellent. Airport staff more than friendly even stamped our passports so we could enter the country during our 8 hour stopover. Will definitely use again if possible!

Rwandair customer review

(Finland)

Flew Kigali-Mombasa with RwandaAir 3rd Dec 2013. Booked online which was hassle free. No online check-in though. The plane was modern 737-800 American cockpit crew local cabin staff. Leather seats with good legroom. Despite short flight (1.5hrs) they managed to serve hot meal. Professional and friendly cabin crew. Overhead screens displaying flight tracking only. The plane was half empty which partly explains the efficient service. 45mins delay on departure 30mins on arrival. Bags were waiting on belt when clearing immigration. Surprisingly good experience flying with RwandaAir.