Top 100 Airlines

Ravn Alaska

"never be using Ravn again"

Ravn Alaska is so frustrating. First off, your carry-on items will all pretty much have to be checked, unless they're tiny. So my husband and I 'short-checked' our carry-on bags to our next airline, since the next airline we transferred to would have enough room to stow them overhead. Then, we took this tiny 19-seater plane, which (once boarding was finished) started up the engines only to have them shut off three times, before the stewardess announced "something is wrong, the pilots are going to try fix it" (that's comforting) and gave out cookies to passengers to shift focus. Finally we were told by the pilots that there was a technical issue that could be 'deferred for now', and once they get paperwork done then we can take off. At one point early on, we were told it would be about 15 more minutes, then about half an hour later they said it'll be about 10 more minutes until takeoff. Overall we were delayed IN the plane sitting there pre-runway for an hour. And our next layover was 1 hr 20 min, so when we arrived at the next airport, we had literally 10 minutes until the next plane terminal would close the gate, to deplane, get our bags from baggage claim, go through security, and run to our next gate. Upon deplaning, we asked the ground crew if we could just grab our short-checked bags right there on the Tarmac, they said no. We were told the baggage claim was close by - which it wasn't. My husband and I ran (not a good idea when you're 7 months pregnant and not a runner by nature), he ran to baggage claim to get our bags while I ran to our next gate to try keep the door open until my husband arrived with our bags. As soon as I arrived, I was told to get onboard right now, and when I begged them to wait just a couple minutes for my husband who was running up as we spoke, they said they could not and closed the door right in front of me. Thanks a lot Ravn, for making us short-check our appropriately sized carry-on's, having technically unsound planes, being untruthful about how much more time we'd be delayed on the Tarmac, not letting us grab our short-checked bags after de-planing, and not apparently notifying the next gate that multiple passengers (including us) were delayed and on their way running to he gate. It ruined our night and our trip home, and we felt so ripped off by this airline. We will certainly never be using Ravn again and have let our friends know to avoid this airline as well.
AircraftBeechcraft B1900D
RouteFairbanks to Anchorage
Date FlownDecember 2015

"was never on time"

I have flown out of Homer 4 times this year to Anchorage and Ravn Alaska was never on time. One time it was so late we missed our connectung flight. This is our only choice in Homer. If you take that flight make your connecting flights a few hours out and expect a delay. Then you won't be dissapointed.
RouteHomer to Anchorage
Date FlownNovember 2015

Ravn Alaska customer review

ANC-FAI-ANC Economy Open Seating. Check in was difficult. The checkin agent did not understand how to read my ticket and almost seemed to blame me for the error. Once on board however the flight attendants both on the outbound and return were very nice especially on the return flight a definite sense of humor. Era offers low fares between Anchorage and Fairbanks and I will be flying with them again. It's also nice not to have to go to security when flying on the smaller planes.