QantasLink

"staff incredibly helpful"

Verified Review | Flew QantasLink from Gladstone to Brisbane. Food was great, Australian owned and made selections, staff incredibly helpful. Phoned ahead to help me make my connecting flight and got a private car on the runway waiting for me as I arrived. Unbelievable service, delays due to weather put my connecting flight in trouble, I booked this myself and it was my own fault for cutting it close. Qantas went out of their way to help me.
RouteGladstone to Brisbane
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Arrived on time, quiet flight"

Verified Review | QF1790, October 22, Brisbane to Townsville. Booked to fly 21 October but got a message flight changed to very late evening so contacted customer service and told original flight cancelled. I asked for the next morning flight and was given that with no extra charge. Checked in on mobile and boarding pass on mobile. Very quick through security but my mobile boarding pass disappeared just before boarding so went to customer service desk and issued with paper boarding pass after being asked for photo ID which is a first at domestic but not complaining. Seat 22c aisle. What I like about this plane is 2-3 configuration. No gluten free meal on this flight but just ask if they have gluten free biscuits and cabin crew have some and drinks served. Arrived on time, quiet flight.
RouteBrisbane to Townsville
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I enjoyed the flight"

Verified Review | Hobart to Melbourne. I enjoyed the flight. The departure was punctual and check in and boarding was fast and efficient. The service was friendly and a very tasty and filling meal was provided. The quality of the wine was excellent as well. A lovely end to my break!
RouteHobart to Melbourne
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Cabin crew were friendly"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | There was a delay in departure due to late arrival of the aircraft to the airport as a results of bad weather. As a results some of us missed our connecting flights to Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur. Upon arrival in Singapore, a buggy was waiting for us and we were immediately taken to our new gates. We were told that the next flight will be in less than one hour, hence they could not guarantee our luggage would arrive with us. Upon arrival to our final destination, our luggage did not arrive (as expected). We waited for the arrival of another aircraft from Singapore, still our luggage was not delivered. We lodged a report, and our luggage arrived to our home address at 6 pm the next day. Why push us to the next immediate flight when our luggage couldn't 'join' us I wonder? Otherwise the aircraft is comfortable, food was delivered at speed and efficacy. Cabin crew were friendly.
RouteSydney to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Very good flight"

Verified Review | Brisbane to Townsville 21 June. Check in all done online and boarding pass on mobile phone saves time. Boarded 5.25 am with take off on time arriving Townsville early. Full flight, seating 2x3, seat 20c aisle as requested. Very good flight. Only negative on this flight stated you could not have Gluten Free meal request when requesting on bookin, so took my own gluten free nut bar and had hot tea. Other passengers were having quiche tarts which looked quite tasty. Cabin crew busy and Pilot kept us informed.
RouteBrisbane to Townsville
Date FlownJune 2017

"disappointed with the flight"

Verified Review | Adelaide to Perth. We were very disappointed with the flight. We had booked a flight with Qantas and it was changed to a Qantas Link. The flight was on a Boeing 717 plane - fine for flights intrastate, but we don't think they are acceptable for a 3.5 hour flight. There is no entertainment provided. Qantas should tell you when you book if the flight is going to be changed to this.
RouteAdelaide to Perth
Date FlownApril 2017

"B717 noise levels bordering on torture"

Verified Review | We booked a return flight with Flight Centre from Adelaide to Brisbane April 2017. First leg to Brisbane was with Virgin Australia, an excellent flight very happy with this. On our return trip to Adelaide on QantasLink I don't know why Flight Centre changed carrier! This is what happened - to our complete surprise and astonishment we ended up in an old variant of the Douglas DC-9, a B717-200, very cramped, no leg room but we had to endure the most terrible noise levels bordering on torture. I asked the staff, who were great by the way, if they had any earplugs, she just smiled and said sorry it's very noisy isn't it. So please be careful travelling QantasLink, it's is not what it used to be! Make sure you dont end up on one of these planes you will regret it.
RouteBrisbane to Adelaide
Date FlownApril 2017

"In flight service was excellent"

Verified Review | Hamilton Island to Sydney. Check In was quick and easy. There is no business class lounge at Hamilton island but this is not an issue as the check in time before departure is quite short. Flight was a little late boarding whilst the plane was cleaned. Flying a B717 was a first for me but was comfortable and smooth. Qantas had supplied Ipads for the inflight entertainment, although the battery was flat on mine, so I used another. In flight service was excellent. Good view of Sydney on final approach to airport. Flight arrived on schedule and bags were on the belt by the time we had walked to it.
RouteHamilton Island to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"excellent service on this sector"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Devonport and return. Smooth flights in both directions. Online check-in worked well, as did the automated bag drop in Melbourne. Both flights were punctual; indeed the return flight operated a few minutes early. Seats are a little narrow but otherwise fine for this short flight. On the outward, late afternoon, journey we got a large and varied snack pack along with a full drinks service (so I snacked instead of snoozed my way to Tasmania). On the return, early afternoon flight the offering was a nice friande with tea or coffee. All in all QantasLink offer excellent service on this sector.
AircraftQ400
RouteDevonport to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2017

"The flight was decent"

Verified Review | It was a short a flight from Brisbane to Gladstone with QantasLink. The flight was decent and acceptable. Both the ground staff and the cabin crew were polite. Passengers were served with coffee and a roast beef sandwich. The later was good, but the coffee wasn't. The seats didn't look very good, in my opinion. Finally, these aircraft (Dash 8) are so noisy and they give you a headache regardless of the short time on board.
AircraftDash 8-400