Vote Now

QantasLink

"Boeing 717 and I was impressed"

Verified Review | Adelaide to Sydney. This was my first time on a Boeing 717 and I was impressed. I am a large man and usually require a seat belt extension, however, on this plane the belt was long enough for me with a few cm to spare. We also managed to get an empty seat between us which made the flight even more comfortable. IFE was provided via a courtesy iPad with many channels to choose. The inflight snack was carrot sticks, crackers and dip. Seat pitch and width were acceptable for economy.
RouteAdelaide to Sydney

"a flawless experience"

Verified Review | Adelaide to Port Lincoln on QF2267 Australia Day for the Tunarama Festival. On this short 50-minute hop to Port Lincoln, the crew of two did everything possible to ensure the passengers on board had a flawless experience. I was surprised to be offered a muffin and a hot beverage on such a short flight. A few days later on January 28, I flew the return leg PLO-ADL home on QF2274. Once again, the crew did a fantastic job, and there was even bar service offered (where I had a beer along with my snack). To top it off, we even arrived five minutes early into Adelaide, where baggage was already on the carousel!
AircraftBombardier Q300
RouteAdelaide to Port Lincoln

"Very relaxed flight"

Verified Review | Townsville to Brisbane. Checked in on mobile phone and mobile phone boarding pass. Townsville airport very quiet so very quick bag drop off and quick security clearance friendly staff. Boarded quickly and took off on time Chosen seat 20C, an aisle. This plane was a 2x3 seating configuration so good for 2 passengers travelling together. Gluten Free Toasted sandwich served very soon into flight and cold drinks .Was asked if I would like another snack later when trolley passed again. Very relaxed flight.
RouteTVS to BNE
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"crew friendly and helpful"

QF1788 Brisbane to Townsville with QantasLink 21 December. Check in on line, mobile phone boarding pass. Early flight 6.55am. Seating on flight 2x3 seating. Aisle seat 20C as selected in 2 seater aisle. Took off on time. Breakfast served Gluten Free large toasted sandwhich very tasty. Cabin Crew friendly and helpful. Good flight. Usually verify review but misplaced boarding pass.
RouteBNE to TSV
Date FlownDecember 2016

"breakfast meal was tasty"

Verified Review | Brisbane to Canberra. Couldn't retrieve booking in kiosk and so had to queue which was a bit slow and service terse but this was the only glitch. Business Class lounge in Brisbane was OK, new one is being built at present. Flight left on time and breakfast meal was tasty. Nice to see a little bottle of domestic bubbly on the trolley but wasn't tempted. Crew attentive. Arrived on time and as usual Canberra was quiet so you can exit the airport quickly. I had 90 minutes before my meeting and they let me work in the lounge on arrival which was appreciated.
RouteBNE to CBR
Date FlownOctober 2016

"blown away by the service"

I would like to express my thanks for the excellent treatment I received when I flew to Sydney from Toowoomba (flight QF2123 at 1700) on 29th August. I am partially disabled and needed wheelchair assistance as I cannot walk very far. From the moment I entered Wellcamp airport till I left Sydney airport I was treated like a VIP. My return trip on the 20th September (QF2016 at 0840) was a carbon copy. I was blown away by the service I received, both on the ground and in the air. I would recommend Qantas and will certainly choose again for any future flights. Thank you to all your amazing staff. My flight was booked by my daughter so I don't know my e-ticket details.
RouteWTB to SYD
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"service was friendly"

Verified Review | QantasLink's Dash 8 was flying on this route (Rockhampton to Brisbane) head to head with Virgin's Embraer 170 jet, but the QantasLink propjet offered a pleasant alternative. Check-in was easy. Once on board the seats were comfortable enough for this short flight, the plane was on time and service was friendly. We were given a snack pack that contained quite an array of nibblies, ranging from a salami stick to a small chocolate frog. (It wasn't possible to specify a vegetarian meal on this sector, but the snack pack offered plenty to eat). This was a late afternoon flight, and the drinks service included wine and beer - with even a top-up if you could manage it on this 70-min flight. All in all a fun experience.
AircraftDash 8-400
RouteROK to BNE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service was good"

Verified Review | My flight QantasLink flight from Launceston to Melbourne was at 10.40am and I reached the airport at 9am to get checked-in, but there was no one at the check-in counter. I was worried that the flight was cancelled since there was no one attending the counter, but I later found out that it was because QantasLink at Launceston was understaffed and the same lady that helped us with check in also have to handle the boarding process, hence she was busy and was not there for check-in at 9am. We waited for about 20 minutes before she appeared and she was friendly and her service was quick. The plane was an old DHC 8-400, so the interior wasn't too good, but the seats were still comfortable. The flight attendants greeted us with smiles and their service was good.
AircraftDHC-8 Dash 8-400
RouteLST to MEL
Date FlownMay 2016

"leaves a lot to be desired"

I fly from Perth to Alice Springs regularly due to work - because of lack of choice i have to fly QantasLink. I find the overall service and aircraft really way below expectations considering how much I pay. Its average $850 return and never mind that the seat of the B717 are old and narrow. The catering is worse than budget airline - there is hardly any non-meat options and they do not provide bread rolls as alternative. The service is so basic for the price. When I wrote to comment on this on Qantas Facebook page, I got a very lukewarm reply that I can choose my meals online. Honestly a cold wrap is not really a meal. Customer service from this airline leaves a lot to be desired.
RoutePER to ASP
Date FlownMay 2016

"catering is awful"

There is no real point in flying Qantas. Ever since Alan Joyce became CEO of this once iconic airline, it has gone bad to worse. You may as well fly budget and purchase cheese and crackers for five dollars. The flight to Cairns is at 8.15pm, takes two and a half hours, arriving in Cairns around 11.15pm. Good flight but catering is awful - took the cold option of chicken and wild rice salad. Chicken cold and stuck together and rice the same. Whoever is in charge of Qantas catering and came up with the idea of boxed meals needs to be sacked. Qantas charges more expensive fares than ever yet lowers its standards. What a shame.
RouteDRW to CNS