Top 100 Airlines

QantasLink

"service was friendly"

Verified Review | QantasLink's Dash 8 was flying on this route (Rockhampton to Brisbane) head to head with Virgin's Embraer 170 jet, but the QantasLink propjet offered a pleasant alternative. Check-in was easy. Once on board the seats were comfortable enough for this short flight, the plane was on time and service was friendly. We were given a snack pack that contained quite an array of nibblies, ranging from a salami stick to a small chocolate frog. (It wasn't possible to specify a vegetarian meal on this sector, but the snack pack offered plenty to eat). This was a late afternoon flight, and the drinks service included wine and beer - with even a top-up if you could manage it on this 70-min flight. All in all a fun experience.
AircraftDash 8-400
RouteROK to BNE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service was good"

Verified Review | My flight QantasLink flight from Launceston to Melbourne was at 10.40am and I reached the airport at 9am to get checked-in, but there was no one at the check-in counter. I was worried that the flight was cancelled since there was no one attending the counter, but I later found out that it was because QantasLink at Launceston was understaffed and the same lady that helped us with check in also have to handle the boarding process, hence she was busy and was not there for check-in at 9am. We waited for about 20 minutes before she appeared and she was friendly and her service was quick. The plane was an old DHC 8-400, so the interior wasn't too good, but the seats were still comfortable. The flight attendants greeted us with smiles and their service was good.
AircraftDHC-8 Dash 8-400
RouteLST to MEL
Date FlownMay 2016

"leaves a lot to be desired"

I fly from Perth to Alice Springs regularly due to work - because of lack of choice i have to fly QantasLink. I find the overall service and aircraft really way below expectations considering how much I pay. Its average $850 return and never mind that the seat of the B717 are old and narrow. The catering is worse than budget airline - there is hardly any non-meat options and they do not provide bread rolls as alternative. The service is so basic for the price. When I wrote to comment on this on Qantas Facebook page, I got a very lukewarm reply that I can choose my meals online. Honestly a cold wrap is not really a meal. Customer service from this airline leaves a lot to be desired.
RoutePER to ASP
Date FlownMay 2016

"catering is awful"

There is no real point in flying Qantas. Ever since Alan Joyce became CEO of this once iconic airline, it has gone bad to worse. You may as well fly budget and purchase cheese and crackers for five dollars. The flight to Cairns is at 8.15pm, takes two and a half hours, arriving in Cairns around 11.15pm. Good flight but catering is awful - took the cold option of chicken and wild rice salad. Chicken cold and stuck together and rice the same. Whoever is in charge of Qantas catering and came up with the idea of boxed meals needs to be sacked. Qantas charges more expensive fares than ever yet lowers its standards. What a shame.
RouteDRW to CNS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"good flights overall"

Verified Review | Flew Brisbane to Hervey Bay return. Aircraft departed Brisbane slightly earlier than scheduled departure time. However, on return from Hervey Bay, aircraft departed 40 minutes late. Both planes were grubby inside. While floor was clean, the sticky dust up along the side walls behind the luggage storage bins was off putting. Flight attendants very accommodating. This flight is only 25 minutes so no sooner we reach cruise level of 14000 feet, it's time to descend. I like this flight as the scenery along Great Sandy Straits is quite stunning. Good flights overall. Recommend QantasLink.
AircraftDash 8 Q400
RouteHVB to BNE
Date FlownApril 2016

"very smooth return trip"

Verified Review | Very smooth return trip on Qantas Link from Melbourne to Devonport. Online check-in and boarding procedures were quick. Both flights were on time, and had friendly crews. The seats are a little narrow but otherwise comfortable enough for a short flight. My only complaint was the dark dungeon-like terminal Qantas Link uses in Melbourne, which does not have its own toilet.
AircraftDash 8-400
RouteMEL to DPO
Date FlownApril 2016

"we had no complaints"

Flew QantasLink, Sydney to Port Macquarie on the 31st following an international arrival on Qantas from the UK. This flight arrived early and, due to a very quick transit through security, customs and baggage reclaim, we were at Domestic 5 hours before our booked flight. Initially told that by the Qantas staff in the terminal that, due to our ticket type, we would have to wait for this flight despite space being available on the earlier one. Then spoke to a staff member on the sales desk who was efficient in transferring us without questions and, more impressively, at nil cost. The flight itself was only 50 mins and despite the coffee machine not working we had no complaints. Most impressive ground staff.
RouteSYD to PQQ
Date FlownDecember 2015

"pleasure flying with QantasLink"

Travelled QantasLink from Brisbane to Townsville via Mackay. Ticket was $45 cheaper than direct flight due to QantasLink sale. Flights were on time and uneventful. Small snacks with tea and coffee or soft drinks. Staff were attentive. Aircraft clean. Leg room okay. I have flown this routing a few times and each time, my bag appears on the carousel in Mackay when it's checked through to Townsville. I always go out and recheck it at Mackay and there is never a problem. But may catch travellers connecting at Mackay by surprise. So always check for your bag at the baggage carousel and recheck your bag if you see it. Otherwise, a pleasure flying with QantasLink.
AircraftBoeing 717 / Dash 8 Q400
RouteBNE to TSV via MKY
Date FlownOctober 2015

QantasLink customer review

The flights to and from Moranbah would have to be the worst value for money and the most changed for full price flights. I pay an average of 600 dollars plus each way for a flight and 7 weeks out of 7 I have had a flight changed or cancelled. Totally unacceptable. Virgin will be my choice from now on and I will encourage more people to fly this route on Virgin as they never cancel or seem to change.
RouteMoranbah to Brisbane
Date FlownAugust 2015

QantasLink customer review

Being the first time flying with QantasLink, I was eager to see how standards compared with big brother Qantas. Airport Check In and security was all smooth through Brisbane. It was once I stepped on board that I noticed me and my colleague had the worst seats possible on the plane. Row 25 (back row near the toilets) and seats E and F which had no width and felt almost prison like. In addition to this the Boeing 717 has tail mounted engines which made the flight quite noisy - especially when trying to talk or listen to the cabin crew. Would recommend people sitting in rows 20 and forward to avoid this issue. Inflight services by Cabin Crew were excellent. Great breakfast options and Drinks. Cabin Crew were constantly looking to top up water. No IFE made the 3 and bit hour journey drag on - considering we had read that iPads were offered on this aircraft? I think for the money paid for these tickets some IFE needs to be offered. Aircraft arrived slightly late which was confusing as we took off early - but the delay was not an issue. Modern interior on board and as usual and great experience with Qantas on their regional carrier - Qantaslink
AircraftBoing 717