PenAir

"terrible customer service"

Verified Review | Dutch Harbor to Anchorage. If I could give PenAir a negative star rating I would and I think that would be being generous. I have flown PenAir at least 30 times, I live in rural Alaska and they are the only carrier that services our community so that explains why I have had to use their services. Absolutely terrible customer service from almost everyone I have dealt with at PenAir. Lets start with bags - rarely do your bags travel on the same plane as you do even though they "promise" they will. Also when your bags do finally arrive they will not deliver them to you, you will have to take time off work and go pick them up at the airport (happen to me at least 20 times!!!). Gate agents - the ones in Anchorage are rude and do not care, the staff in Dutch tries and are nicer but are inept. Equipment - older planes that tend to have mechanical issues which cause delays and cancellations, not good. Air travel does not get much worse that with PenAir.
AircraftSaab 2000
RouteDutch Harbor to Anchorage
Date FlownOctober 2016

"service friendly and professional"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Portland to Klamath Falls one way. Flight was delayed about an hour due to the need to get a part for the aircraft from another plane. Ground staff did their best to keep passengers in the loop. Aircraft was clean enough, but is clearly an old plane. Onboard service was friendly and professional. The single aisle row seems to be the most comfortable.
AircraftSaab 340