Vote Now

Nature Air

"customer service abysmal"

Unverified | San Jose to Palma Sur. Totally agree with the other review. We received an email less than 48hours before we flew to say we wouldn't be going to our destination but to somewhere else. We tried to call Nature Air but spent 40mins on hold before giving up. We arrived early at the airport to try and get some customer service or assistance but their response was pathetic, no empathy or offer of apology, no assistance with making onward arrangements, just given an ultimatum of either taking the flight and booking onward arrangements ourselves, or cancelling the flight getting a refund and making our own arrangements. We were told by our hotel this had been happening to tourists for several weeks, so I wanted to understand why nature air couldn't have told us sooner so we could have made alternative arrangements. I wouldn't usually write bad reviews but we paid for the flights to remove a level of logistics, I had a bad ankle at the time and paid extra to fly - I did not want to be getting in and out of rickety boats with no life jackets! I gave nature air several chances to show their worth with customer service, wrote to customer service and phoned them, I've had no response in 8 weeks so posting my frustratons here. Only interested in your money. In summary, flight itself was fine, customer service abysmal.
RouteSan Jose to Palma Sur
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"shocking value for money"

Unverified | Used this airline to travel from San Jose CR to Drakes bay, a short internal flight. A week before we went we were informed by email that Drakes bay airstrip was closed and that we would now fly to Palmar Sur, a 'nearby' strip instead. On arrival we had a take a cab (10 miles), to a river boat stop where we waited for 3 hours before taking a 90 minute river trip to Drakes Bay. 5 hours later and £100 in fares poorer (Nature Air did not offer any assistance in the transfer at all) we arrived. Bearing in mind the flights are not cheap at £400 return for 2 for an hour in the air, we feel that this is a bit of a rip off aimed at maximizing receipt of tourist dollars. The return would have been the same but we were not prepared to wait 4 hours at the river restaurant and took a cab ride to a local bus station and took a clean, comfortable, air conditioned bus for £8 for both us back to San Jose meeting the locals and seeing the country, arriving well before the plane would have. Also, if you book the 'cheapest' tickets, where the baggage allowance is 12lbs you will be stung for excess baggage charges. Overall, a very poor experience, shocking value for money and poor customer care.
RouteSan Jose to Drakes Bay