Nature Air

"No refund for cancelled flight"

Trip Verified | No refund for cancelled flight and no email response My flight from San Jose to Bocas was cancelled a few days prior, and I was asked to confirm booking number and credit card so that they can refund the money. Nothing happened, and they have not answered a single mail I wrote to them. Never ever again.
RouteSan Jose to Bocas del Torro
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"No refund for cancelled flight"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | No refund for cancelled flight. Our flight from San Jose (Costa Rica) to Bocas del Torro 08Feb 2018 was cancelled. I got this information only because I wrote a mail to the airline because the airport on the ticket differed from that shown on the Nature air´s homepage. After a while the airline answered, that the flight is cancelled an that I will get a refund within a month. More than a month later I got nothing back. I am quite sure that I won´t see the money because of the troubles the airline hast to fight with. Do the still offer flights? Instad of the flight I booked a bus transit, which took longer than the flight would have, but I arrived safe in Bocas.
RouteSan Jose to Bocas del Torro
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"will not refund any of my money"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Golfito. I had a flight booked with them February 7th 2008 but they were not flying due to the government shutting them down. I have tried on numerous occasions to get my money refund. I even took out insurance. The company will not refund any of my money. If and when the do fly again stay clear of Nature Air the worst airline ever.
RouteSan Jose to Golfito
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Do not use this airline"

Trip Verified | My flight from San Jose to Santa Teresa was cancelled without notice. I only found out when I arrived in the airport that they were providing a shuttle instead. My 50 min trip turned into a 6 hours shuttle ride, 2 hour ferry ride followed by another 2 hour shuttle rise. My returning flight was also cancelled but with no shuttle provided. It is now 2 months and 100 calls later and I'm still waiting for my refund. Beware. Do not use this airline. I recommend using a private shuttle to get around.
RouteSan Jose to Santa Teresa
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Zero notice for cancelled flights"

Trip Verified | Zero notice for cancelled flights! We found out our flight from San Jose to Drake bay was cancelled when we got to the airport. We then called to see if our flight (in 5 days) from drake bay to la fortuna was still operating. That was cancelled as well. Again, no notice!!
RouteSan Jose to Drake bay
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"still waiting for a refund!"

Trip Verified | They took our money, canceled our flight and we are still waiting for a refund! Every week they give a new lie as to why we have not received our refund. While they were just down by the Costa Rican government they were still booking flights and charging people for flights they knew they were never going to be able to make.
RouteTambor to San Jose

"no refund has occurred"

Trip Verified | Bahia Drake to San Jose. I booked two flights with Nature Air back in January 18, 2018. After the Nature Air crash, they canceled all flights through when I was to fly. They told me they would refund my fare, but no refund has occurred. I have contacted them over 20 times. Now when I contact them, they tell me to "wait until next friday."
RouteBahia Drake to San Jose

"Avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | We booked our flights for our family to fly from San Jose to Tambor in November and subsequently booked our hotel and car rental. Today, 3 days before we fly they have sent us an email cancelling the flight! No explanation or help to change it, just a request for details to arrange a refund - awful customer service! Avoid this airline, use Sansa instead.
RouteSan Jose to Tambor

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Tamarindo to San Jose. Absolutely horrible customer service. Just finished our first trip to Costa Rica and Nature Air was meant to be our flight out of Tamarindo to San Jose to reach our connecting flight returning to the US. The day before our flight they contacted me via email to inform me our flight had been cancelled and to reach out to them for my refund. No reason given and no options to resolve us getting back to San Jose. I have tried reaching out to them multiple times both by email and telephone and nothing. No help provided and I still haven't received my refund!! Luckily the concierge at our hotel was able to find us ground transportation.
RouteTamarindo to San Jose
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"booked a 16-passenger charter"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Golfito. We booked a 16-passenger charter for our family to fly to Golfito. A few days before the flight, we received notification that we were now flying two planes a 12-seat Caravan and a five-seat plane. Suddenly weight mattered, where it didn't on the 16-passenger. They had to refuel the smaller plane 5 times (with jet fuel) before finally finding the lower grade fuel necessary for the 5-person transport. They did not load any luggage on the Caravan and loaded the five passenger plane with not just my family's luggage, but luggage of another family as well. When you book a specific aircraft and pay for that aircraft, you should get that specific seating arrangement. Our luggage was sent five hours later on another plane. The idea was to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday, with almost everyone on one plane. The new arrangement did not allow that to happen. Nature Air also wanted to change the return time to three hours earlier than we had chartered, with the same problems with luggage. Some of us were off to other destinations and HAD to have our luggage that night. We cancelled and booked another private charter, which went seamlessly. Somehow that airline was capable of loading all passengers and suitcases. My wife was stuck essentially in the luggage compartment so that everyone could fit, with my 12-year old nephew in the co-pilot's seat.
Aircraftcaravan