Top 100 Airlines

Jetstar Pacific

"customer service was poor"

(New Zealand)

Auckland to Christchurch flight got cancelled 9.5 hours before the flight was supposed take off. Imagine getting an email and a text at 9pm when your flight is at 6.45am the next day. It was so frustrating. Customer service was poor and rude. Did not help the case at all. They did not give any reasons why the flight was cancelled beside typical "bad weather". They did not give any compensation whatsover and no empathy given. Definitely would not recommend this to anyone and personally would not be flying with Jetstar Pacific anymore.
RouteAKL to CHC
Date FlownJuly 2016

"delayed a whole 2 days"

Originally was scheduled to fly with Jetstar Pacific from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh City and then HCM to Phu Quoc. Flight from Da Lat to HCM got delayed so we rescheduled it to a day before so we can make our HCM to Phu Quoc flight. Booked a hotel in HCM to stay the night and rescheduled flight from Da Lat to HCM. This flight got delayed a whole 2 days, costing me my hotel money. Will now take 8 hour bus ride from Da Lat to HCM to make my Phu Quoc flight, which hopefully won't be delayed either. Keeping my fingers crossed.
RouteDLI to SGN
Date FlownMay 2016

"staff were in a bad mood"

Verified Review | Hi chi Minh City to Hanoi with Jetstar Pacific, and I take the first flight in the morning. The counters open only 1.5h before the flight and all the staff were in a bad mood. One of them ask me to return to my queue because she doesn't want to serve passengers with luggage - She said to me "why do you change your queue? Go back there, I check in only passengers without luggage". While there was no signboard or information on the screen saying that it's a special counter, and she could have said for example Sorry I serve only passengers without luggage. It would be nicer. The flight was correct, the food and beverages are more expensive than other competitors and the announcements are rough as well. Last thing, is the cabin storage bins above rows 1-2 are occupied by staff hand luggage - while you have to pay extras to get those seats.
RouteSGN to HAN
Date FlownMay 2016

"authoritarian in-flight service"

Verified Review | My round trip flight on JetStar was pleasant until my last leg on 25 March from Ho Chi Minh back to Singapore. Upon boarding, I was not allowed to place my luggage in the opposite empty compartment (where I can keep an eye on) and can only place it above my seat as insisted by the crew (I complied). Throughout the 2 hours flight I remain seated all the time with seat belt fastened, seat upright, window blinds up, not disturbing anyone, not requiring any assistance, and even tucked away my camera in a waste punch instead of hanging it over my neck. After 1 hour in to the flight, a crew member tells me that my camera waste-pouch would get entangled in an emergency and it is JetStar’s policy to stow waist pouch in the overhead compartment. I did not comply with this second instruction as I have never heard of such instructions before. He insisted and said he had already told me so. After landing where all passengers had disembarked, I showed him that my is not a strap-on-waist pouch but a pouch that straps on to my tight-belt and any entanglement would be on my belt rather than my pouch, and this would rather amount to a no belt policy. When I said that he is the first crew to complain about my pouch, he replied that all other cabin crew had not been doing their job. When I said I will write to JetStar for clarification, he encouraged me to by offering me JetStar form to fill in and said I will get a quicker response through this form submission. As a paying customer with a choice of not having to be subjected to such authoritarian in-flight service, I would like to hear from JetStar on what is JetStar’s intention?
RouteSGN to SIN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"changed flight without notifying"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Da Nang to Ho chi Minh with Jetstar Pacific. Do not book this airline. They changed the flight from 10.55hrs to 20.00hr without mailing or otherwise notifying us. Vietnam Airlines ground service staff had hard work to book a lot of passengers who, like us, because absurdly late for connecting international flights in Saigon. Ground service were ok.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"service desk staff are rude"

(Belgium)

Horrible airline, Jetstar Pacific flight seems cheap but if you count the delays and terrible service than you are paying a high price. Had this flight from Danang to Ho chi Minh "transferred" to later flights twice as Jetstar is either overbooking or trying to fill all their flights and their motto is screw the customer. The ground staff and service desk staff are rude and speak poor english. If you are transferred you should go to the airport and demand your flight.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"already been delayed twice"

Ho Chi Minh to Danang. We have already been delayed twice, now leaving 9 hours later than expected. We are bracing ourselves for 1-2 more delays. It is likely they keeping delaying people to a flight that will be full enough in order to save them money. Thanks for a complete absence of customer service Jetstar. I will do my best to deter anyone else from using your sorry excuse of an airline.
RouteSGN to DAD
Date FlownMarch 2016

"terrible if you have connecting flight"

Jetstar Pacific is a terrible airline if you have a connecting flight. Had three flights booked to tour Vietnam every one time changed by at least 3-4 hrs. My last one was to connect with international flight back to UK. The time they changed would have seen me missing a £1000 flight for two people. Had to really argue to get flight to suit eventually they got me flight that left me getting up a 5 am from my holiday resort then hanging around Ho Chi Minh airport for 7 hrs.

"staff were friendly"

Flew Jetstar Pacific from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh. Got an email a week prior to flight saying that it had been rescheduled to half an hour earlier than the original time. Check in was easy, plane took off a little late (pretty much the original booked time) and the staff were friendly. Reminded me of easyJet in the UK, no problems and cheap. Also got assigned the extra leg room seats - probably because all 4 of us were tall - and we didn't even have to ask.
RouteHAN to SGN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"2 hours waiting for check in"

(Hong Kong)

Macau to Da Nang with Jetstar Pacific. The checkin process is a mess. In Da Nang airport they only opened one counter for checkin. It took us almost 2 hours waiting for check in, which is totally insane. And the staff didn't understand English. I tried to ask her to call someone to open a new counter but she could only say two words "please wait". Worst airline.
RouteMFM to DAD