Airline of the Year

Jetstar Pacific

"not use this airline again"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Rarotonga to Auckland. We were due to Fly out of Rarotonga on Tuesday 23rd May at 5.40 am. Aircraft left early with no notification. We had to arrange for emergency accommodation at our cost, plus car, plus meals. All communication was to Australia at our cost. Next flight was 2 days later. Extremely disappointed with Jet star's attitude. No apology. Will not use this airline again.
RouteRarotonga to Auckland
Date FlownMay 2017

"work on better communication"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Hong Kong. An email was sent to us stating that check-in time closed 30 minutes prior to boarding time. We arrived 40 minutes before boarding. An airline representative already placed a tag on the check-in luggage then proceeded to tell us to we were too late for check-in and that we would have to book another flight for the next day. We showed them the email and they said their company policy for check-in was actually 45 minutes and the email was a mistake on their part. This took around 15 minutes. After complaining they finally allowed us on the flight. We rushed through security and to the gate only to realize that the flight was delayed for 30 minutes. Without the complaints we probably would not have been able to board this flight. Jetstar should work on better communication with passengers and providing better customer service.
RouteHanoi to Hong Kong
Date FlownMarch 2017

"very little room in the cabin"

(China)

Verified Review | Hanoi to Guangzhou. I booked this flight through Ctrip paying via my UnionPay bank (debit) card and then attempted to add luggage but was told that I could only do this using a credit card which I do not have (as foreigners are not allowed credit cards and I don't have a Mastercard or Visa). I spoke with the JetStar call centre who insisted that they could only take credit cards and fobbed me off to CTrip who the agent claimed could accept the payment (via Debit card) but in fact they struggled to even get their head around the issue (Chinese speaker) and then couldn't accept any such payment (or so they claimed). In the end I had to go to the ends of the earth to find someone who does have access to allusive visa card or pay at the counter (at which point it would be cheaper to charter my own plane home). The flight, much my surprise set off on time, and landed on time with no issues. Everything was very basic - no free drinks service and very little room in the cabin. but the announcements were understandable (in English) and their staff on the check in desk were polite and remembered me to say hello at the boarding point - which is always nice.
RouteHanoi to Guangzhou
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"planes with Spanish speaking crews"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | In the past three months I flew Jetstar Pacific six times. Combined there were about ten delays in take-offs and seven last minute changes in gates. Ground attendants wouldn't provide information and the PA was constantly spitting out very loud changes in ineligible English. I doubt that at any given time they even have track of where their aircraft are. On the plane leg room is non-existent. Two flight were on chartered planes with Spanish speaking crews. The safety cards were in Spanish, announcements were also Spanish, Needless to say no passengers understood Spanish. The flight was safe, the aircraft seemed new.
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"refund which they denied"

(China)

Verified Review | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh. I read a similar situation in another review they did exactly the same to me. The flight was delayed from 1 pm to 6:30 pm. I did not have connecting flights, so it was not important to me to flight in time. They told me that I could buy a ticket in Vietjet which was a flight that was not even planned since I checked online if there was another flight available. I told them that I would like to receive my money first before buying and they told me that it was not possible (no reason was given for these). After that I bought my tickets for 3 million VND and when I asked they said that I had to do the check in first in the airline before giving me the money back (I can explain that just if it was a scam, I cannot complain if I had to fly in half hour). After checking-in I came back and they gave me a voucher for 1 million VND and I told them that they said that it was a full refund of the other ticket which they denied. I was not able to do anything because they cancelled the other flight and the flight that just bought was about to leave, after I arrived to Ho Chi Minh I wanted to file a complaint in the aviation authority that was not possible because it seems that there is no way to file a complain in Vietnam regarding airlines.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"couldn't get my money back"

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi. I am submitting a negative review because I want to warn other potential customers about pitfalls with this airline. This is a budget airline, I don't expect luxury or in flight food but that does not excuse this business breaking its promises. I was removed from a booking I had made several days before, on a flight that was not cancelled, and added to a much later flight without discussion - the only reason the airline could offer was 'operational reasons'. The later flight was then delayed further by more than an hour - after much effort, the airline finally agreed to offer a refund (in an email). After I made alternative arrangements and requested the promised refund - the airline went back on it's promise and only refunded half of the ticket price and nothing would make them budge. So beware, you could get your fingers burned - I couldn't get my money back, and without being directly rude the airline representative made it very clear to me that they did not care and would keep hold of my money, which they did.
RouteSGN to HAN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"poor customer service"

(Indonesia)

Hanoi to Singapore via Ho Chi Minh. This is my first time take Jetstar Pacific and it will be the last. Delay, change of schedule, poor customer service, looks very cheap but you will pay a charge for baggage while it is cabin size. Not recommended.
RouteHAN to SIN via SGN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"delay flight for over 10 hours "

Verified Review | Raratonga to Auckland. Nearly left us stranded on the Cook Islands after delaying a flight for over 10 hours due to crew issues - something fully in their control. Zero communication before arriving at the airport (no SMS, no email). Nearly ruined our honeymoon, except for the fact that we could buy a ticket on New Zealand for an extra $800. JetStar did not attempt to make this right by me.
RouteRAR to AKL
Date FlownOctober 2016

"customer service was poor"

(New Zealand)

Auckland to Christchurch flight got cancelled 9.5 hours before the flight was supposed take off. Imagine getting an email and a text at 9pm when your flight is at 6.45am the next day. It was so frustrating. Customer service was poor and rude. Did not help the case at all. They did not give any reasons why the flight was cancelled beside typical "bad weather". They did not give any compensation whatsover and no empathy given. Definitely would not recommend this to anyone and personally would not be flying with Jetstar Pacific anymore.
RouteAKL to CHC
Date FlownJuly 2016

"delayed a whole 2 days"

Originally was scheduled to fly with Jetstar Pacific from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh City and then HCM to Phu Quoc. Flight from Da Lat to HCM got delayed so we rescheduled it to a day before so we can make our HCM to Phu Quoc flight. Booked a hotel in HCM to stay the night and rescheduled flight from Da Lat to HCM. This flight got delayed a whole 2 days, costing me my hotel money. Will now take 8 hour bus ride from Da Lat to HCM to make my Phu Quoc flight, which hopefully won't be delayed either. Keeping my fingers crossed.
RouteDLI to SGN