Jetstar Pacific

"Overall, can't complain"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Flew Hong Kong to Da Nang with Jetstar Pacific. First off, it's a no frills airline, people need to always remember that if you only pay a little bit for your flight you're only going to get a little bit of service. If you want to be fanned with palm leaves, pay more for a full service carrier. The aircraft was newer, very clean, comfortable (although paid a bit extra for the exit row), and both to and from Da Nang were on time. At both ends of the journey the staff were pretty good, more smiles and attentiveness in Da Nang than Hong Kong, but I am not taking issue with that at all. Safe and on-time is all that matters with a low cost carrier. We didn't order any food, so can't comment first hand on that, but the couple in front of us did and they finished it all so it must not have been too bad. Overall, can't complain and further advice would be to read the T&C instead of just clicking "accept".
RouteHong Kong to Da Nang
Date FlownMarch 2018

"not willing to help at all"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I have never flown with a worse airline. The booking process is a mess and the itinerary most of the times never arrives by email. At the airport the checkin staff are rude and not willing to help at all. The delays of the flights are with no reason. We boarded the bus for the plane and after a while they took us off back to the boarding area because there was another delay. The staff at the boarding gates dont care about the passengers and were not giving information about the delay. On the plane the flight attendants shout if you want to use the toilet and dont even let you stand from your seat. I will never fly with Jetstar Pacific again.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Nha Trang
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Worst company I ever flew with"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh. Worst company I ever flew with. I booked 3 flights and all 3 flights were rescheduled more than 3 times. When we were in the airport the plane had a delay of 1 and 1/2 hours. They are not reliable at all considering that we booked 3 flights and none of them were on time! (One flight was rescheduled with 4 hours)
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"delays not uncommon"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Wellington to Auckland. I'm writing this review while waiting for my flight. My flight was delayed initially by 1 hours 30 minutes, until staff were "just" informed by engineering that they need to run tests. My flight has been delayed a further hour and half, the total delay being at least 3 hours. This is not uncommon for Jetstar at least in New Zealand. The airline often has flights delayed due to lack of preparation to comply with engineering requirements. Had I known earlier that there would be further delays than the initial 1.5 hour delay from the outset when I arrived at the airport at 7am, I could have bought a ticket with Air NZ and arrived at my destination by now.
RouteWellington to Auckland
Date FlownDecember 2017

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh. Garbage airline, changed my flight to seven hours earlier boarding time, ruined my vacation and refused to cancel or refund my ticket. And then, failed to respond to multiple emails and phone calls. Absolute and complete failure as far as customer service. Will never fly with them again.
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownDecember 2017

"poor service and customer care"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Phu Quoc. Change of flight with no prior notification. Promised 15 working days refund. No refund after 28 workings day. Second contact at Jetstar, suggested there is no guaranteed refund time. Extremely poor service and customer care. They don't seem to care the inconvenience caused by them. Never using Jetstar again.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Phu Quoc
Date FlownNovember 2017

"boarding pass had the wrong name"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. Jetstar Pacific is the worst airline ever. My boarding pass had the wrong name on it, and they made me pay US$100 to update it so that I could get through security. They tried to charge me $50 US to bring on my carry on bag when it was just a backpack.
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownNovember 2017

"ended up very pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. I was a little worried when I booked this flight from Singapore to Ho Chi Minh due to previous poor reviews. I ended up being very pleasantly surprised. I am a frequent flyer and can honestly say this was as good a flight as I have been on. Checking in was automated and faultless. The plane looked brand new, the staff were cheerful and professional. The flight took off bang on time and landed 15 minutes early. Hard to believe this was a budget flight. Absolutely no complaints here.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownNovember 2017

"sadly always encounter the worst staff"

Verified Review | This is our second flight with Jetstar Pacific and sadly always encounter the worst staff. They try to squeeze the most money out of you checking every bag in the cabin and trying to charge you more to put it as checked luggage. This is the only airline I've seen with this policy and the rudeness of the staff is unacceptable! We paid for 25kg, and had 26kg for whichever they were trying to charge also. It is clear that the strategy of the company is to overcharge as much as possible and squeeze every penny. Just simply avoid it since the rates that you see are not true due to all the extra charges they force you to pay.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh City

"surprisingly well organised"

Verified Review | Jetstar Pacific from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang and return was surprisingly well organised. As usual, boarding is disrupted by passengers taking what seat they like instead of the seat allocated. Maybe a pre-departure announcement would overcome this problem as it delays the boarding procedure in several areas before passengers are re-seated. It is annoying for the other passengers and stressful for the cabin crew to sort out the confusion. Departure was 15 minutes late for the short flight. No tissues or towels in the front toilet was quickly remedied. The A320 aircraft seemed new and the cabin attendants young, friendly and efficient. I understand it’s a budget airline but charging outlets for phones and ipads would be a real passenger bonus. The return trip was also uneventful, except for passengers again opting to sit where they want instead of following their boarding pass. It was an older aircraft that the outbound trip, but still quite clean. No trolley service on this night flight, but it wasn’t missed.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Da Nang