Jetstar Pacific

"surprisingly well organised"

Verified Review | Jetstar Pacific from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang and return was surprisingly well organised. As usual, boarding is disrupted by passengers taking what seat they like instead of the seat allocated. Maybe a pre-departure announcement would overcome this problem as it delays the boarding procedure in several areas before passengers are re-seated. It is annoying for the other passengers and stressful for the cabin crew to sort out the confusion. Departure was 15 minutes late for the short flight. No tissues or towels in the front toilet was quickly remedied. The A320 aircraft seemed new and the cabin attendants young, friendly and efficient. I understand it’s a budget airline but charging outlets for phones and ipads would be a real passenger bonus. The return trip was also uneventful, except for passengers again opting to sit where they want instead of following their boarding pass. It was an older aircraft that the outbound trip, but still quite clean. No trolley service on this night flight, but it wasn’t missed.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Da Nang
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Leg space was enormous in the exit row"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Da Nang - Hong Kong 5/9-2017 on a newer A320. Check in took hardly one minute, smooth, luggage granted was generous and hand-luggage was not assessed. Flight on time. Jet bridge in HKG but bus-run in Danang. In contrast to the domestic (Vietnam) Jetstar this was two steps up. Leg space was enormous in the exit row (no. 14) that I got without inquiring or paying extra: 3 reclining seats for myself – I could stretch, sleep and almost play football. Load less than 40%. Price promotional bought 6 months earlier. 150 USD DAD-HKG return is a gift. Staff on board friendly, generous, proactive, however, selling food more expensive like that in Danang Airport where food/drinks are more 6 times more expensive than 500 meter away!
RouteDa Nang - Hong Kong
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"what a terrible service all round"

Verified Review | Wow what a terrible service all round. Our first flight to Phu Quoc from Ho Chi Minh City was delayed by 30 minutes. No real problem as we didn't have to make a connecting flight. The problems came whilst on the return journey. We booked the flight at 12.30 pm to ensure that we made our connecting flight back to the UK 12 hours later with loads of time to spare. Then Jetstar Pacific changed our flight times three times within 2 hours to 11.30pm ensuring that we would miss our flight. I contacted them and the changed our flight to another one at 7.30pm. Ok not perfect but still comfortable. Then on the day of travel they changed the flight 3 times by email until finally it ended with a 9.55pm flight. Cutting it incredibly fine and ruining our last day through stress. I contacted Jetstar who were apathetically pathetic asking if a flight the next day would help? That was their best advice. I would never use this shambles of an airline again. Terrible and avoid at all costs.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Fly with someone else"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Danang. Horrible airline. I have had all 3 of my flights with Jetstar Pacific delayed with little to no explanation. Two of these flights SGN-HAN and DND-SGN were notified by email for which the call centre is unhelpful and annoying to deal with. The third flight HAN-HUI was delayed for hours due to bad weather but ground staff refused to update board to acknowledge how bad the delays were. Clueless staff proceeded to check in and threw reverse check in as they couldn't confirm if the bus was ready. Disastrous airline nothing like the Australian Jetstar. Fly with someone else.
RouteHanoi to Danang
Date FlownJuly 2017

"not use this airline again"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Rarotonga to Auckland. We were due to Fly out of Rarotonga on Tuesday 23rd May at 5.40 am. Aircraft left early with no notification. We had to arrange for emergency accommodation at our cost, plus car, plus meals. All communication was to Australia at our cost. Next flight was 2 days later. Extremely disappointed with Jet star's attitude. No apology. Will not use this airline again.
RouteRarotonga to Auckland
Date FlownMay 2017

"work on better communication"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Hong Kong. An email was sent to us stating that check-in time closed 30 minutes prior to boarding time. We arrived 40 minutes before boarding. An airline representative already placed a tag on the check-in luggage then proceeded to tell us to we were too late for check-in and that we would have to book another flight for the next day. We showed them the email and they said their company policy for check-in was actually 45 minutes and the email was a mistake on their part. This took around 15 minutes. After complaining they finally allowed us on the flight. We rushed through security and to the gate only to realize that the flight was delayed for 30 minutes. Without the complaints we probably would not have been able to board this flight. Jetstar should work on better communication with passengers and providing better customer service.
RouteHanoi to Hong Kong
Date FlownMarch 2017

"very little room in the cabin"

(China)

Verified Review | Hanoi to Guangzhou. I booked this flight through Ctrip paying via my UnionPay bank (debit) card and then attempted to add luggage but was told that I could only do this using a credit card which I do not have (as foreigners are not allowed credit cards and I don't have a Mastercard or Visa). I spoke with the JetStar call centre who insisted that they could only take credit cards and fobbed me off to CTrip who the agent claimed could accept the payment (via Debit card) but in fact they struggled to even get their head around the issue (Chinese speaker) and then couldn't accept any such payment (or so they claimed). In the end I had to go to the ends of the earth to find someone who does have access to allusive visa card or pay at the counter (at which point it would be cheaper to charter my own plane home). The flight, much my surprise set off on time, and landed on time with no issues. Everything was very basic - no free drinks service and very little room in the cabin. but the announcements were understandable (in English) and their staff on the check in desk were polite and remembered me to say hello at the boarding point - which is always nice.
RouteHanoi to Guangzhou
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"planes with Spanish speaking crews"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | In the past three months I flew Jetstar Pacific six times. Combined there were about ten delays in take-offs and seven last minute changes in gates. Ground attendants wouldn't provide information and the PA was constantly spitting out very loud changes in ineligible English. I doubt that at any given time they even have track of where their aircraft are. On the plane leg room is non-existent. Two flight were on chartered planes with Spanish speaking crews. The safety cards were in Spanish, announcements were also Spanish, Needless to say no passengers understood Spanish. The flight was safe, the aircraft seemed new.
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"refund which they denied"

(China)

Verified Review | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh. I read a similar situation in another review they did exactly the same to me. The flight was delayed from 1 pm to 6:30 pm. I did not have connecting flights, so it was not important to me to flight in time. They told me that I could buy a ticket in Vietjet which was a flight that was not even planned since I checked online if there was another flight available. I told them that I would like to receive my money first before buying and they told me that it was not possible (no reason was given for these). After that I bought my tickets for 3 million VND and when I asked they said that I had to do the check in first in the airline before giving me the money back (I can explain that just if it was a scam, I cannot complain if I had to fly in half hour). After checking-in I came back and they gave me a voucher for 1 million VND and I told them that they said that it was a full refund of the other ticket which they denied. I was not able to do anything because they cancelled the other flight and the flight that just bought was about to leave, after I arrived to Ho Chi Minh I wanted to file a complaint in the aviation authority that was not possible because it seems that there is no way to file a complain in Vietnam regarding airlines.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"couldn't get my money back"

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi. I am submitting a negative review because I want to warn other potential customers about pitfalls with this airline. This is a budget airline, I don't expect luxury or in flight food but that does not excuse this business breaking its promises. I was removed from a booking I had made several days before, on a flight that was not cancelled, and added to a much later flight without discussion - the only reason the airline could offer was 'operational reasons'. The later flight was then delayed further by more than an hour - after much effort, the airline finally agreed to offer a refund (in an email). After I made alternative arrangements and requested the promised refund - the airline went back on it's promise and only refunded half of the ticket price and nothing would make them budge. So beware, you could get your fingers burned - I couldn't get my money back, and without being directly rude the airline representative made it very clear to me that they did not care and would keep hold of my money, which they did.
RouteSGN to HAN