Airline of the Year

Jetstar Asia

"consider flying with them again"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Singapore. Flight was operated by an A320. Boarding time was supposed to start at 7:55pm, but the aircraft didn't even arrive until 8:10pm! Boarding was fast and efficient, although sitting in a window seat meant that I had to squeeze past 2 ladies to reach my seat, and I really do mean squeeze - the seat pitch was very narrow and the seats didn't even recline more than a few degrees, suppose this is the standard for LCCs. Once boarding was finished, we couldn't push back-the pilot told us that due to traffic at Hong Kong airport, our pushback would be delayed! The scheduled departure time was 8:25pm, but combining the late arrival of the aircraft and the heavy traffic, we didn't even take-off until 9:37pm. In the end, we arrived in Singapore at 1AM, 1 hour behind scheduled. There was no wi-fi or entertainment offered on board. The saving grace of this flight was the cabin service. During boarding, the cabin service was dismal - they didn't even greet the passengers and generally didn't feel very warm. However, after take-off, they did improve their quality of service a lot-very responsive, every request was attended to quickly. After landing, they also apologized for the delay and the "inconvenience resulted to passengers". All in all, although the seat was really cramped and the flight was delayed by 1 hour, the saving grace was still the cabin service, and given the price, I might consider flying with them again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteHong Kong to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2017

"didn't get any drink"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. In the beginning, I thought the cabin crew were doing a good job because they persisted to get passengers' attention during safety instructions. However I called the crew 3 times to get a mineral bottle, and didn't get any drink because it was too late. They said that the plane was going to land soon. It was just a short trip and the cabin crew just couldn't act faster. I was thirsty and ready to pay $4 for a Dasani bottle.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2017

"Will never fly Jetstar again"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. The flight was due to take off at 21.00 but didn't take off until 23.00. The aircraft turned out to be leased by Vueling with an all-Spanish crew (plus one token Vietnamese flight attendant). There was no apology whatsoever from the crew about the 2hr delay. They seemed completely oblivious to this fact. Throughout the whole flight there were no announcements from the flight deck. It's as if they assumed no one would understand their English. When the paid food trolley came round there were no sandwiches available as displayed on the menu. Again no apology from the crew. Overall it was an awful service. Will never fly Jetstar again!!
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"airline delaying so frequently"

Verified Review | Jakarta to Singapore. I am a frequent flyer for business, flying at least 3-4 times a month with various airlines in the region. I have never known an airline delaying so frequently and are unapologetic about it. This is the second time in 8 months and I have only taken less than 5 flights with them during this period. Seems like it is a norm for them, flight from Bangkok (cancelled) and and 4.5 hours in Jakarta to Singapore. Jetstar ought to be in the 'delay' business. After their catastrophe, you would expect a ground Manager to make decisions and attend to your queries. However, they left junior staff on the ground to deal with the situation on both occasions. If you want to make sure you are able to travel on the time and date you want, do not fly Jetstar unless you like to sit around the airport or enjoy having your flights cancelled or overbooked.
RouteCGK to SIN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"broke emergency regulations"

Verified Review | Singapore to Jakarta. First and last experience, would not get on another Jetstar Asia flight if you paid me, they broke emergency regulations and had nobody over 16 years old to open an exit sat at any of the overwing exits. I confronted the cabin manager who was rude, didn't let me speak, pointed in my face and told me that AirAsia and TigerAir do stuff like this? I told her my point was that an A320 is an A320 it shouldn't matter where in the world you are, the safety regulations are there for a reason. When I spoke to customer services they were the most unhelpful you could expect from a customer service experience imaginable.
RouteSIN to CGK
Date FlownOctober 2016

"seats do not recline much"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | I've flown Jetstar between Singapore and Bangkok four times in 2 months. The flights were on time and the cabin crew efficient. The announcements can be unclear at times and hard to make out what's being said. The seats do not recline much so it can be a little unbearable depending on how rested you are. The gates for the flights from Bangkok tend to be quite a long walk away from the immigration clearance area so you need to set aside sufficient time for the walk there comfortably.
RouteBKK to SIN
Date FlownNovember 2016

"a disappointing experience"

Verified Review | Flew on 3K664 from Kuala Lumpur back to Singapore with Jetstar Asia. I purchased this ticket for its cheap price, but I think I made a big mistake. I can say that this airline has entered my avoid list. It is so much worse than AirAsia which I have always flown and relied on, and I think even Tigerair is more enjoyable on this short flight. The boarding process was extremely chaotic and unorganized. The cabin and windows were extremely dirty, I can imagine the cabin will look very dull if it is a night flight. All the onboard refreshments are overpriced and the cabin crews always advertising the different services. I will never fly with Jetstar Asia again after such a disappointing experience.
RouteKUL to SIN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"seats are cramped"

Verified Review | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur with Jetstar Asia. The flight was very disappointing, the cabin crew did not greet passengers when boarding. Aircraft was extremely dirty including the windows. The seats are cramped that I can't even stretch my leg, luckily it was just a short 45 minutes flight.
RouteSIN to KUL
Date FlownDecember 2015

"felt like sitting on a stool"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Flew Jetstar Asia from Singapore to Osaka via Taipei. The ground staff and flight crews are excellent. But the seats are really economy sized. They are 2/3 length of the seats of other airlines. I had to sit up right to keep from sliding off, which made it difficult to rest for an overnight flight. I am under 5ft tall, so I can't imagine a taller person sitting on it with any comforts. It felt like sitting on a stool.
RouteSIN to ITM via TPE
Date FlownAugust 2016

Jetstar Asia customer review

Verified Review | Osaka to Manila with Jetstar Asia - I have to admit that I was quite sceptical about flying Jetstar for the first time. Self Check-in at Kansai Airport went smoothly, so did bag drop. It was nothing out of the ordinary for what I would expect from a Low Cost Carrier. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how well everything was because of the bad rep that this airline supposedly has.
RouteKIX to MNL