Jetstar Asia

"I'd rather fly with other airlines"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Taipei. Will never fly with Jetstar again no matter how cheap they are. They have staff walking around in the check-in area and stop every traveler and check their carry on luggage. If they exceed 7kg each, prepare to pay $60 (cash only). They strictly enforce this and don't think you can go under their radar. I was flying from Macau 6℃ to Singapore 30℃. So I was wearing those thick and heavy jackets. After spending a few days in Singapore, I packed those few more pounds jackets in the carry on and they forced me to pay $60 to check in the bag. Why cash only? What if people have spent the last cent? I'd rather fly with other airlines even if I need to pay more. Jetstar will lose me forever.
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"an awful experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Simple message: avoid Jetstar in Kuala Lumpur at all costs. Everything about their local service is third rate and unacceptable. Came off on an international flight at KLIA2 and wanted to stay outside, but it required a Jetstar transfer desk - non-existent. After clearing customs, went to ticketing to discover no Jetstar office, ticket desk or personnel anywhere in airport. Was told by airport employees they are only available two hours before flight. Check in opened two hours before the flight and there were three agents for 150 passengers. No kiosk check in option, no online check in option guaranteed lengthy queues. Airport personnel are not Jetstar employees - they are all contract employees, who lack knowledge, skills and basic competency. Boarding chaotic as nobody pays attention to instructions. In summary an awful experience which I will not repeat nor recommend.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"I regret my decision every single time"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Flew from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. Never ever fly with Jetstar. Due to connection flight timing I have had to fly Jetstar 6 times within the past 6 months and I regret my decision every single time. Leg room, cramped. Departure, late (6/6 times). Service, sub par. Regardless of price, it is just not worth the headache. It is understandable that an airline's flight is late here and there, but every single time is just absurd. Please, do yourself a favour and never fly with Jetstar Asia.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2017

"only airline I'm dissatisfied with"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Darwin. I've been traveling consistently for more than six months now, and Jetstar is the first and only airline I'm dissatisfied with. It takes a lot for me to get motivated to write an online review, but here we are. I booked a flight online in October for Dec 2, then later tried to move my departure to the previous day. The payment system would not take my edit and payment, and would clear all my credit card input and return me to an empty payment screen. I tried a few times and then gave up. (I found out later this was due to a browser incompatibility issue they have yet to address. Pro tip: Use Safari, not Chrome.) Anyway, when I arrived at the airport last night to check in, I was informed that my flight left a day earlier. When I insisted that was incorrect, the staff (while cordial) basically told me it was my problem because I had definitely made the change online, paid the change fee and received a confirmation. To be fair, that much is true. But how this played out is really bothersome to me. What essentially happened was a booking glitch in the company's UI where I was led to believe that my change was ineffective - when in fact it went through. After checking, I did apparently receive a confirmation email buried way back in an inbox I can seem to only access with some creative filtering. And any kind of extra surcharge for moving would involve me scrutinizing my bank account online daily, something that's simply not realistic for me to do regularly due to my constant travel schedule. So now I'm out the cost of that flight, the cost of an emergency hotel, and the cost of another much more expensive flight. My weekend is pretty much ruined, and much of the next week will be in a rush because I don't have the weekend to regroup. I've contacted the Help Live Chat with this company, and I still get the "it's your problem, you made the changes" line. I've tried contacting them via social media channels and they are only staffed by chatbots. I would love some kind of compensatory gesture - an apology at the very least, but some help with these emergency expenses due to the company's transactional obfuscation online would be better. Poor experience all around. I will not be doing any further booking with Jetstar.
RouteSingapore to Darwin
Date FlownDecember 2017

"I experienced no issues"

Trip Verified | Flew Singapore to Denpasar, Bali. After reading some terrible reviews for Jetstar, I was concerned about flying this airline. However, I experienced no issues when I flew with them in October. Check-in was quick and easy. Both flights (including the return journey) left on time. The seat was ok and not uncomfortable and the crew on board were polite. I think it was value for money.
RouteSingapore to Denpasar
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I was a bit disappointed"

Verified Review | I booked this return flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur as part of another booking so I didn't choose Jetstar. It is a discount airline with all of their features. The crew were fine and the seat was OK. As my ticket was codeshared, they offered me extra legroom and more luggage allowance. My ticket noted that I was entitled to a lunch. But surprisingly, I was (literally) thrown a muffin and a bottle of water. I was a bit disappointed because if I had booked with a discount airline, I would have expected it.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"their support did not help us at all"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Jetstar Asia cancelled our flight from Kansai Osaka to Manila due to weather conditions. They made no refund to us, and their support did not help us at all. Only offered a different flight which lasted several days, with multiple transfers. Missed all connecting flights and lost lot of money due to cancellation on their side.
RouteKansai Osaka to Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"customer service is atrocious"

Verified Review | Jetstar's customer service is atrocious if you ever need to cancel a ticket. Last week I bought a ticket for my domestic helper to return for home visit in Dec. She has since changed her mind and doesn't want to return home, but I have not been able to get any help from Jetstar with regard to a refund or travel voucher because I bought a basic economy ticket (almost equivalent in price to a return ticket on a full service flag carrier). Customer service has refused to consider anything, except to say that I bought a non-refundable ticket, so too bad. If I make my helper pay for changing her mind, it would be a month's salary! I have no intention to ever buy another ticket from Jetstar!
RouteSingapaore to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2017

"cheap flights are not worth the hassle"

Verified Review | The cheap flights are not worth the hassle, for my flight from Manila to Singapore, check-in was slow, excess baggage fee of $100, inability to check in online, no customer support and of course the jammed seats. Jetstar Asia is a step down from the Japan counterpart. I recommend paying extra $80 and flying Singapore Airlines or even AirAsia. Last time I fly Jetstar in Asia.
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2017

"consider flying with them again"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Singapore. Flight was operated by an A320. Boarding time was supposed to start at 7:55pm, but the aircraft didn't even arrive until 8:10pm! Boarding was fast and efficient, although sitting in a window seat meant that I had to squeeze past 2 ladies to reach my seat, and I really do mean squeeze - the seat pitch was very narrow and the seats didn't even recline more than a few degrees, suppose this is the standard for LCCs. Once boarding was finished, we couldn't push back-the pilot told us that due to traffic at Hong Kong airport, our pushback would be delayed! The scheduled departure time was 8:25pm, but combining the late arrival of the aircraft and the heavy traffic, we didn't even take-off until 9:37pm. In the end, we arrived in Singapore at 1AM, 1 hour behind scheduled. There was no wi-fi or entertainment offered on board. The saving grace of this flight was the cabin service. During boarding, the cabin service was dismal - they didn't even greet the passengers and generally didn't feel very warm. However, after take-off, they did improve their quality of service a lot-very responsive, every request was attended to quickly. After landing, they also apologized for the delay and the "inconvenience resulted to passengers". All in all, although the seat was really cramped and the flight was delayed by 1 hour, the saving grace was still the cabin service, and given the price, I might consider flying with them again.
AircraftA320-200