Vote Now

Hong Kong Airlines

"very impressed with the airline"

Unverified | Mumbai to Auckland via Hong Kong. When I travelled to hong kong via Jet Airways and then to Auckland thereafter with Hong Kong Airlines, I was very impressed with the airline. To begin with the greetings on board in English, the airline staff made me feel so comfortable, the seats were brilliant and much better then Jet Airways. The service is 10 grade, the staff took care of me and my my family so well be it food, drinks or even my 7 month old toddler. I am impressed with the airline for its service, food served me my choice of Indian (hindu meal) the best rajma chawal I have had, the drinks and the uninterrupted service on a 11 hour journey. I would recommend all my family members and friends to try Hong Kong Airlines. Just add a lot of movies and entertainment as its a 11 hour journey.
RouteMumbai to Auckland via Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"it got me to where I want"

Verified Review | Beijing to Hong Kong return with Hong Kong Airlines. The first flight was an older model without IFE. The second flight was on a much newer and more comfortable plane, with IFE. Usual meals and bathroom facilities. Happy with ground crew, she was able to send my luggage all the way to my final destination on a different airline and ticket. Budget airline and fare. It got me to where I want over the Chinese New Year festival.
RouteBeijing to Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"good service and tasty food"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | This is the first time travelling with Hong Kong Airlines flying from Bangkok to Hong Kong. It's also my first experience in Hong Kong Airline J Class. My pork noodles were cooked by the famous Thai cuisine restaurant, Blue Elephant which were delicious. The cabin equipment is clean and tidy. Cabin crews are nice and very friendly! Entertainment services (movie, TV) are very up to date. Good service and tasty food. Affordable price, taking into account that I flew business class.
RouteBKK to HKG
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"drink and hot snack are served free"

(China)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Chengdu. Hong Kong Airlines is the low cost Hong Kong airline, owned by Hainam Airlines. It costs 1/3 flying them compared to Cathay Pacific, so I shall have no complaints. The seat pitch is tighter than Cathay or other airlines. It was a dinner time flight and drink and hot snack are served free. No complaints as expectation was not high, to be fair.
RouteHKG to CTU

"fraught with red tape"

Verified Review | Ground Staff at Osaka Airport require more training. My partner and I arrived in Hong Kong on 29 October. We are both British passport holders although I also have a Hong Kong ID card. My partner has leave to stay in Hong Kong for 6 months and this is clearly stated on a slip attached to his passport. We took a trip to Kyoto (via Osaka) for 6 days. Everything was fine on the outward journey but the return trip yesterday was fraught with red tape. First, despite having checked in online 48 hours before, we had to get our boarding passes at the check-in desk at Osaka Airport. It was really frustrating as we only had hand luggage! We saw 5 members of the staff attending to one lady customer while the queue grew ever longer. Little did we know that we would have the same attention. The girl at the counter asked my partner how long he was/would be staying in Hong Kong, wanted to see his return ticket to England etc. We pointed out the page where it stated that he could stay until April 2017 of he wanted, but she sought advice from a colleague and then 4 more joined her!! We couldn't to get them to understand that he can stay in HK for 6 months. Eventually they asked my partner to sign a "Release of Indemnity". The process of queuing and grilling lasted from 14.25 to 15.50. They were all very polite and very apologetical - in fact 2 gentlemen later saw us at the gate and apologised again for their lack of English, but it was no less frustrating and annoying for us. My partner could not have been the only British passport holder in this situation. I think that with more training the check-in staff could have more confidence to deal with similar situations. Other than that, we were happy flying with Hong Kong Airlines on such short haul flights
RouteKIX to HKG
Date FlownNovember 2016

"nothing to complain about"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | I have been flying with Hong Kong Airlines many times on this same route from Naha to Hong Kong, it has never disappointed me. Excellent flight time, punctuality, matched with equally satisfactory inflight service and catering. Very often they sell seats at promotional price, make this an instant winner over the other airline from HK which serves this route (But at a hugely marked up price). For a 2 hour flight, from the airport priority check-in, lounge access, to the wonderful 1-2-1 seat arrangement (flat bed), there is nothing to complain about. Crew were enthusiastic and pro-active. The menu has 3 choices, and a small but acceptable wine list. I feel for the price I paid, this is more than I had expected. If anything to pick it would be the food, it's not bad, but it is not yet very good, one little area to improve on. Priority luggage first the belt, I couldn't ask for more.
AircraftA330-300
RouteOKA to HKG
Date FlownNovember 2016

"ground staff were awful"

(Thailand)

My travel was PVG to BKK with a stop in HKG. Travel was on October 22nd 2016. The check in (about 2 pm) took 1 hour because they were changing my flight from PVG to HKG. The check in agent said don't worry the flight will not leave before 7 pm because of weather. The gate personnel and the flight notification board said go to gate, flight leaving at 3 pm. At gate, the personnel there had no idea what was happening and just said stay at the gate. They were not even airline personnel. I went to the lounge and called the airline. They said the plan was now a 7 pm departure, and the plane was still in HKG. The plane finally boarded at 8 pm. We then spent 4.5 hours parked at the ramp while the pilots waited for a takeoff slot. Finally arriving at 3 am in HKG (3 hours after my connection left). In HKG, the staff were very rude about rebooking and told me that I could wait until they were ready. Apparently they started work at 4 am, so we needed to wait. I was finally booked on a flight leaving to BKK at 1 pm. That flight was delayed until 2 pm. Then we were boarded and made to wait on the plane another 2 hours before takeoff. Arrived BKK about 6 pm. In short, the air staff were very good and the flights were fine. The ground staff were awful and seemed to have very little training or information. I travel a lot and decided to save a little money on this trip, but the ground service was the worst I have ever had. On a good note, The lounge in HKG was not bad at all.
AircraftA330-200
RoutePVG to BKK via HKG
Date FlownOctober 2016

"staff were rude"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Flew Hong Kong Airlines from Hanoi to Hong Kong. Flight attendant rolled her eyes at me when I asked for a glass of red wine. It was a major mission to agree to this request. Staff were rude, dismissive and completely uninterested in providing any type of service. Not recommending this airline to anyone.
RouteHAN to HKG
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"staff totally disinterested"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hanoi to Hong Kong with Kong Kong Airlines. Terrible staff attitude - rolls eyebrows when my friend asked for service. Staff totally disinterested. Gave another passenger a talking down for moving one seat over when did not matter. Unprofessional. As well, bags delayed excessive amount of time on arrival - staff did not care.
RouteHAN to HKG
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"calling card to win my business"

Hong Kong to Beijing. 0740 departure on this return leg trip. On the inward trip for the long haul, wanted to change seats on their partner Hainan Airlines, as the inward seats 15 D/G were close to the lavatories etc. On checking in at HKG the agent issued our boarding tickets and lounge pass. I neglected to ask her prior to issue to elect another seat assignment. She said there was availability to change. She would work on it and I should advise their lounge staff to finalize the change. Yeah, like that would happen. In being accustomed to CX's lounge offerings, I was hoping for the noodle bar, unfortunately not at HK Airlines. I did ask the lounge staff to assist, as advised. They said they would help. Their lounge was nice and had plenty to select. The lounge staff advised we could collect our new passes at the departure gate. Arrived at the departure gate and they had no information, but would check. The flight was now on airport hold. Gave the original passes back and said they would contact Beijing staff to assist. Flight was on time, again nice presentation and service. Breakfast, albeit a western choosing was excellent. Fresh, served piping hot and refills on coffee and juice. Arrived on time. On deplaning, much to my surprise a HK Airlines agent was at the end of the jet way with name cards for us. She not only had our new boarding passes, but lounge invitation cards to boot. She also pointed out the security and screening location. We were through the process in 20 minutes. Way to go! That's service and a great calling card to win my business.
RouteHKG to PEK