Top 100 Airlines

Hong Kong Airlines

"cabin crew were nice and friendly"

(Macau)

Verified Review | This was my first time flying with Hong Kong Airlines. Before buying the tickets I read some negative reviews about them but their price was so attractive that I decided to give it a try. Flight from Hong Kong to Bali was on time, departing from the recently inaugurated new terminal at the Hong Kong airport. It was an A300 and there was no entertainment on board. The return flight was an A330 and had entertainment, not a lot of movie selection but had some movies that were quite recent. Seats were comfortable, food was ok and the cabin crew were nice and friendly. The return flight had a little delay but some of the time was recovered on air. During my stay in Bali, my daughter had a barotrauma in both ears and couldn’t fly as scheduled. My husband contacted Hong Kong Airlines office in Hong Kong and after a few misunderstandings, and after sending all the proofs from the hospital we managed to change my flight and my daughter’s at no extra cost. I was impressed with their customer service when an emergency arises. Luckily everything went well and I really need to thank the airline.
AircraftA300-330
RouteDPS to HKG
Date FlownApril 2016

"definitely fly them again"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | This was an early flight from Hong Kong to Beijing. Hong Kong Airlines flight was from the newly opened Midfield Concourse Terminal. It was still relatively quiet when I reached the terminal. Boarding was called around 7am, and the queue was relatively long despite it was an early flight. Onboard, all seats are equipped with IFE. Choices and varieties of entertainment may not be as much as Cathay. The monitor of the IFE are not so advance as well. The design of this red cabin looks rather Chinese and conventional, nonetheless, I find the 31 inch seat pitch comfortable and roomy enough. The inflight service and meal are both superb. Cabin crew are friendly and well trained. This was my first flight with Hong Kong Airlines. Given it's low fare, I will definitely fly them again.
RouteHKG to PEK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"a short comfortable flight"

Verified Review | Taipei to Hong Kong with Hong Kong Airlines was a short, comfortable flight. I checked in online and bag drop took about five minutes. There was a slight delay, of about 30 minutes, on the flight. Boarding was very quick as there weren't that many people, considering the size of the aircraft. There was a small meal and drinks service which was quite surprising for such a short flight. The seats were comfortable enough, for such a short flight, and the legroom was adequate enough.
RouteTPE to HKG
Date FlownMarch 2016

"first and last time"

We arrived at Hong Kong Airport at 0550 for a 0750 flight to Bangkok. Upon checking in at the check in counter was told our flights had been changed to 2205 due to overbooking. We had got up at 4am to arrive at the airport on time. I asked why our flights had been changed when I was holding in my hand a printed copy of my flight reservations. Was told by check in counter and supervisors that flights are overbooked and nothing we can do. They put us on standby for the next two flights, also overbooked, to no avail. We were at Hong Kong Airport for 16 hours waiting for our flight, they gave us each 60 Hong Kong Dollar meal vouchers but would do nothing else for us. I asked to be put on another airline and was told I would have to pay for that if I wanted to. This is the first and last time I will fly Hong Kong Airlines.
RouteHKG to BKK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"service is nice as a whole"

(China)

I was attracted to the promotion of Hong Kong Airlines recently flying from Shanghai to Bangkok via Hongkong. Hongkong Airlines fleet includes A320, and A330-200/300 Business class seats of Shanghai to Hongkong leg are separate and laid flat to 180 degree, arranged 1-2-1. Business class in A333 is same, but what different is an extra bar in it that was not used during our short flight and seats are arranged by 2-2-2 type. What's more, the seats cannot be laid flat totally. Cabin service is nice as a whole. About food and beverage, I can say that is very good - 2 or 3 kinds of entree choice on menus. Red wine and white wine can be provided to me, but no champagne. By the way, view of Lounge in Hong Kong airport is wonderful, and the location is so good to watch planes on airport.
AircraftA330-200/300
RoutePVG to BKK via HKG

"a pretty poor effort"

(Poland)

Flew Hong Kong Airlines from Hong Kong to Bangkok. The exterior of the plane was very dirty. The interior was very red and upon embarkation and disembarkation there was cheesy Asian music playing out of the tannoy system. The interior was rather old and there was no inflight entertainment on board this actual aircraft. The food was pretty poor with just a sausage roll being offered. Every time the captain put on the seat belt sign, the cabin crew would march down the aisle making sure that everyone was wearing their seatbelts. They refused to serve any joy drinks during this time. Compared to Cathy Pacific this was a pretty poor effort.
RouteHKG to BKK
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"professional and attentive staff"

(Italy)

Hong Kong Airlines trip from Hong Kong to Taipei. Seat 15A in business class on this A330. impeccable cabin cleanliness, professional and attentive staff, very comfortable seat with good entertainment. More than good food and impeccable service. Flight on time and very pleasant thanks to the staff.
AircraftA330-200
RouteHKG to TPE

"great service on board"

(Hong Kong)

Another really good travel experience with this young airline of Hong Kong. Web promotion got me very cheap business class tickets from Hong Kong to Taipei. With perks such as lounge access, a generous luggage allowance, great service on board, fully flat bed, nice food and all that. Arrived in Taipei in terminal 2 around 7 pm the terminal is quiet, passed through immigration with no waiting needed, luggage quickly delivered, I was out in less than 30 min. Return trip was as nice. EVA airways handled the check in and offered lounge access at their "The Club" Star alliance lounge. Everything else was the same, in many ways, they exceeded what the other major Hong Kong based airlines in terms of service and attitude. Hong Kong Airlines made flying in business class a possibility with such incredible prices. If they are doing promotions and offer great prices, have no worries and give them a try.
RouteHKG to TPE

"very pleasant 2 hours"

(Hong Kong)

Hong Kong Airlines from Hong Kong to Okinawa with a friend, and bought their biz tickets 6 months ago at an excellent price. We were both impressed with the ground service, the lounge and the inflight service, etc. Crew were polite and efficient, meals were average but still a good 7 out of 10 with 3 main choices. The spacious flatbed and 1-2-1 configuration makes flying a pleasure. Aisle access for everyone, that's a plus. A very pleasant 2 hours and we have reached our destination on time. Return flight was more or less the same. They worked hard and maintained their high standard even on a full flight. This is a great airline to travel with on biz class if the prices are right, which often is the case.
RouteHKG to OKA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"cabin & service were excellent"

(Thailand)

Booked Hong Kong Airlines because the fare was much lower than competing airlines. Check-in was a scrum even for those merely checking in bags. Onboard the cabin decor and the service were excellent. The small snack was fine and I did not expect more. Plane left the gate in Hong Kong on time but there was a sudden jolt on push back when the pin in the push back rod broke. No fault of the airline but it resulted in a 20 minute delay. Add to this the regular delay prior to arrival in TPE due to seemingly interminable one runway operation and we arrived an hour late. For the same reason, departure from Taipei was delayed but flight again smooth and enjoyable.
RouteHong Kong to Taipei