Georgian Airways

"completely ignoring my messages"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Kiev to Tbilisi booked for June 2018. It's terrible how they treat their clients. The airline just canceled the flight and do not answer any of my letters for two weeks. I wrote three times on FACEBOOK page - where they promised me to answer my letters but still no answer. I planned the trip for my mother. She has been dreaming about this trip her whole life. That's terrible how they behave with the customer. They're completely ignoring my messages.
RouteKiev to Tbilisi
Date FlownMay 2018

"unprofessional for an airline"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Tbilisi. I had an issue that I have not experienced in the hundreds of times that I have flown, which Georgian has failed to resolve. I booked a ticket and when I arrived at the ticket counter, they were unable to find my reservation. I dug further and found they cancelled it and made me buy a new ticket at the desk at a higher price. I find this suspect as I bought a ticket on another airline that same day and had no such issue with payment or ticketing. As a result, I was overcharged $80 having to buy a new ticket at the gate because they failed to properly issue my original. To make matters worse, all documentation and forms I have submitted to the airline to receive a refund for the difference between my original reservation and my gate ticket price have gone unanswered. I think both to be very unprofessional for an airline with international presence.
RouteTel Aviv to Tbilisi
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"would also not recommend"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Service inconsistency. Flying two legs with Georgian Airways from Prague to Tbilisi and from Tbilisi to Moscow. Cabin crew was very efficient and pleasant. We were served a very good food. Overall a very pleasant experience. Unfortunately, flight from Tbilisi to Moscow on Boeing 737-700 was very different, nowhere close to the previous flight. I felt, this must be a different company. Food was absolutely terrible, cabin crew was mostly invisible. The plane was also old and not very clean. Given the service inconsistency, I would hesitate to use Georgian Airways again and would also not recommend.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteTbilisi to Moscow
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"worst flying experience"

(Armenia)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Tbilisi. This is the worst flying experience we ever had. First the flight is rescheduled for 4 hours earlier and we get the notice on the same day.then they fly us to Kutaisi instead of Tbilisi and just leave in the airport with zero information. No agent in the city. No information when can we expect the flight. They say - you can take a taxi on your own. This is officially the most ignorant, unrelevant and low service airways ever. Never again!
RouteTel Aviv to Tbilisi
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"helpful and nice staff"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Tbilisi to Yerevan. This is a short trip with Georgian airlines. The flight time is just 25 minutes from Tblisi to Jerewan. Check in opened 2 hours before departure, helpful and nice staff. Transfer with bus to the small Canadair regional jet aircraft, nice interior just one air hostess. Mineral water was served during the flight and the captain gave information on the flight via the loudspeakers. Nice flight with great views.
AircraftCanadair RJ
RouteTbilisi to Yerevan
Date FlownMay 2017

"seats that don't exist"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Yerevan to Tblisi. First at the Yerevan airport check-in counter for Georgia Airways flight to Tblisi at 15:40, there were two counters. One of the counter system broke down leaving only one counter operational. We were behind the queue with the non functional system, and had to join the other one. We waited 50 mins. Then the counter lady issued us a ticket with seats no 14A and 14C. As we boarded the plane, we found that there were no seats 14A and 14C. The rows ended at 13. It almost became a joke as I've never boarded a plane that issued tickets with seats that don't exist. Luckily there were some spare seats at 13.
RouteEVN to TBS
Date FlownDecember 2016

"cabin service was kind"

In C class from Vienna to Tbilisi and back, connecting both ways on OS from/to New York. Both flights left right on time. Their C class is a comfortable 2x2 with ample pitch. Cabin service was kind and the food (aside from the main courses) pretty tasty. Too bad about the clueless check in staff in Tbilisi, who couldn't issue connecting boarding passes (on a codeshare!) or explain how to get boarding passes in Vienna, several passengers with tight connections were quite nervous. It took half an hour and a supervisor to get a reasonable explanation. Other than that, Georgian Airways is a nice airline.
RouteVIE to TBI
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"crying and anger at this situation"

My girlfriend and I were booked to fly Georgian Airways flight to Paris to get on our connecting flight to Madagascar. My girlfriend wasn't allowed to fly out of Tblisi where Georgian Airways claimed she needed a transit visa to fly through Paris on the way to Madagascar. We had no intention of leaving the airport in Paris and simply wanted to board our next flight. We were told by the staff that they were scared she would try to run off in Paris and they would have to pay a fine and basically treated us terribly for the 6 hours we were there. My girlfriend has an Armenian passport but she's currently held visas to the US and Europe. This whole story of transit visas is ridiculous and I've never heard of such a thing. We phoned two French embassies, and both agreed there was no case for a transit visa. So after not being able to fly and losing our tickets and 2,000 euros which the ticket seller refused to refund (because a transit visa is not needed and isn't a valid excuse!) we went back down to Armenia and had to rebuy last minute tickets for 5,000 euros, and we flew to Madagascar with Air France via Paris without any transit visa or any hassle and went on to join our holiday. But the agony, the tears, the money, and overall inhumane treatment at Georgian airways was more then I can bare. The staff really treated her like she was some form of criminal. The money I lost on this trip is not nearly painful as all the crying and anger at this situation and it ruined the whole mood at the start of this wonderful celebratory trip we were about to undertake. Now Georgian Airways won't even respond to complaint emails.
RouteTblisi to Antananarivo via CDG
Date FlownJuly 2015

Georgian Airways customer review

We booked a flight from Tbilisi to Batumi just two days before departure. The price was fair and everything was ok. Check-in and boarding in Tbilisi was easy and fast, we had emergency exit seats so legroom was perfect. The flight itself was short but the staff were friendly and offered free water twice. No meal or snack was served, but there wouldn't be time to eat something on such a short flight. In Batumi we received our luggage within a few minutes. Would definitely fly again with them.
AircraftBombardier CRJ-200
RouteTBS to BUS
Date FlownAugust 2015

Georgian Airways customer review

I recently flew from Vienna to Tbilisi and back. Both flights were operated by a clean CRJ aircraft. Both flights departed and arrived on time. The flight attendants were very kind and spoke English really well! Food on board was great! Both flights were fully packed with passengers. Seats were a little cramped but still relatively comfortable. There was no in-flight entertainment on-board which was to be expected since both flights were operated by a small CRJ aircraft. Overall I was very pleased I would definitely recommend flying Georgian Airways.