Top 100 Airports

Georgian Airways

"crying and anger at this situation"

My girlfriend and I were booked to fly Georgian Airways flight to Paris to get on our connecting flight to Madagascar. My girlfriend wasn't allowed to fly out of Tblisi where Georgian Airways claimed she needed a transit visa to fly through Paris on the way to Madagascar. We had no intention of leaving the airport in Paris and simply wanted to board our next flight. We were told by the staff that they were scared she would try to run off in Paris and they would have to pay a fine and basically treated us terribly for the 6 hours we were there. My girlfriend has an Armenian passport but she's currently held visas to the US and Europe. This whole story of transit visas is ridiculous and I've never heard of such a thing. We phoned two French embassies, and both agreed there was no case for a transit visa. So after not being able to fly and losing our tickets and 2,000 euros which the ticket seller refused to refund (because a transit visa is not needed and isn't a valid excuse!) we went back down to Armenia and had to rebuy last minute tickets for 5,000 euros, and we flew to Madagascar with Air France via Paris without any transit visa or any hassle and went on to join our holiday. But the agony, the tears, the money, and overall inhumane treatment at Georgian airways was more then I can bare. The staff really treated her like she was some form of criminal. The money I lost on this trip is not nearly painful as all the crying and anger at this situation and it ruined the whole mood at the start of this wonderful celebratory trip we were about to undertake. Now Georgian Airways won't even respond to complaint emails.
RouteTblisi to Antananarivo via CDG
Date FlownJuly 2015

Georgian Airways customer review

We booked a flight from Tbilisi to Batumi just two days before departure. The price was fair and everything was ok. Check-in and boarding in Tbilisi was easy and fast, we had emergency exit seats so legroom was perfect. The flight itself was short but the staff were friendly and offered free water twice. No meal or snack was served, but there wouldn't be time to eat something on such a short flight. In Batumi we received our luggage within a few minutes. Would definitely fly again with them.
AircraftBombardier CRJ-200
RouteTBS to BUS
Date FlownAugust 2015

Georgian Airways customer review

I recently flew from Vienna to Tbilisi and back. Both flights were operated by a clean CRJ aircraft. Both flights departed and arrived on time. The flight attendants were very kind and spoke English really well! Food on board was great! Both flights were fully packed with passengers. Seats were a little cramped but still relatively comfortable. There was no in-flight entertainment on-board which was to be expected since both flights were operated by a small CRJ aircraft. Overall I was very pleased I would definitely recommend flying Georgian Airways.

(Norway)

Amsterdam - Tbilisi - Amsterdam. 737-700 one way and 737-500 return. Aircraft clean enough and all on time. Ok. Low price airline. As good as most of the European low cost airlines.

Georgian Airways customer review

We flew from Amsterdam to Tbilisi and it was a nightmare. Service for food and drink was way below average. The selections of drinks and the food were horrible. Flight attendants are nowhere to be seen unless they are serving the one drink and meal. I got sick on the airplane and almost passed out my husband could not find an attendant. Then when he did they couldn't understand or help me. When we landed we were surrounded by emergency crews ambulance and fire and again flight attendants were nowhere to be found. Pilot did not communicate at all and we were left in runway for about 35 minutes. When we saw a flight attendant I asked an English speaker to ask what was going on. The attendant just kept repeating "everything is fine" and disappeared again! I never found out what had happened but I will never fly this airline for lack of professionalism and service.

Georgian Airways customer review

A failed connection in Vienna meant a FIM from GVA to TBS via CDG with the CDG-TBG on Georgian Airways (AirZena). Transfers at CDG are best avoided and the new security checks on the numerous items of hand baggage meant a delay to what could have been an on time departure. Despite the delay and a 2 1/2 hour scheduled transfer my hold bag did not make the connection. An efficient GA person at TBS handled the matter well and the bag arrived the following day on Lufthansa's flight via Munich. Onboard the best that can be said about the flight attendants is that they are charming. Unfortunately the charm was mostly spent on a couple of travelling friends who hung around the forward galley and chatted for much of the flight. IFE has been abandoned - along with the Chariots of Fire theme tune to the safety briefing thankfully which is now presented in a rather amateur fashion by the crew. The lack of professionalism extended to the safety checks and the service - a full glass of red wine splashing down the aisle due to a lack of attention for example. Food (sourced in Paris) was adequate when it came but there were no hot towels and all drinks required a call rather than a regular service. All flights to western Europe are on 1 of 2 B737-500s or the B737-400. Seats in business class are 2x2 with a reasonable pitch and the cabin was clean. My recommendation is bring your own IFE an apple and your choice of drink shut out the sights and sounds for the 4.5 hour journey and enjoy.

Georgian Airways customer review

CDG-TBS and TBS-AMS. Brezhnev era service and operations with old 737-500's. With simple changes in mind set they could improve a lot. I have heard that they are selling this airline. In the meanwhile when travelling to Georgia I recommend flying BMED Lufthansa Austrian KLM or Turkish.

Georgian Airways customer review

I just flew Georgian Airways (Air Zena) between Vienna and Tbilisi and return to Vienna and was impressed with the service and equipment. I was in a rather new 737 that looked like it was maintained and clean. Even the food was decent a chicken dish that was quite tasty. One thing did concern me and that was during the 3.5 hour flight back to Vienna from Tbilisi the pilot on more than one occasion was milling around on the passenger side of the cockpit and on a number of these occasions the door to the cockpit was open and all of this was within feet of the forward lavatory. The pilot seemed more interested in chatting with the flight attendants then he did with flying the plane. But all in all it was a good experience. My bags arrived in Tbilisi from Vienna which I am told is a feat sometimes.