Georgian Airways

Review by (Germany)

We booked a flight from Tbilisi to Batumi just two days before departure. The price was fair and everything was ok. Check-in and boarding in Tbilisi was easy and fast, we had emergency exit seats so legroom was perfect. The flight itself was short but the staff were friendly and offered free water twice. No meal or snack was served, but there wouldn't be time to eat something on such a short flight. In Batumi we received our luggage within a few minutes. Would definitely fly again with them.
AircraftBombardier CRJ-200
RouteTBS to BUS
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Canada)

I recently flew from Vienna to Tbilisi and back. Both flights were operated by a clean CRJ aircraft. Both flights departed and arrived on time. The flight attendants were very kind and spoke English really well! Food on board was great! Both flights were fully packed with passengers. Seats were a little cramped but still relatively comfortable. There was no in-flight entertainment on-board which was to be expected since both flights were operated by a small CRJ aircraft. Overall I was very pleased I would definitely recommend flying Georgian Airways.

Review by (Canada)

Review by (Norway)

Amsterdam - Tbilisi - Amsterdam. 737-700 one way and 737-500 return. Aircraft clean enough and all on time. Ok. Low price airline. As good as most of the European low cost airlines.

Review by (Norway)

Georgian Airways customer review

Review by (United States)

We flew from Amsterdam to Tbilisi and it was a nightmare. Service for food and drink was way below average. The selections of drinks and the food were horrible. Flight attendants are nowhere to be seen unless they are serving the one drink and meal. I got sick on the airplane and almost passed out my husband could not find an attendant. Then when he did they couldn't understand or help me. When we landed we were surrounded by emergency crews ambulance and fire and again flight attendants were nowhere to be found. Pilot did not communicate at all and we were left in runway for about 35 minutes. When we saw a flight attendant I asked an English speaker to ask what was going on. The attendant just kept repeating "everything is fine" and disappeared again! I never found out what had happened but I will never fly this airline for lack of professionalism and service.

Georgian Airways customer review

Review by (United States)

Review by

A failed connection in Vienna meant a FIM from GVA to TBS via CDG with the CDG-TBG on Georgian Airways (AirZena). Transfers at CDG are best avoided and the new security checks on the numerous items of hand baggage meant a delay to what could have been an on time departure. Despite the delay and a 2 1/2 hour scheduled transfer my hold bag did not make the connection. An efficient GA person at TBS handled the matter well and the bag arrived the following day on Lufthansa's flight via Munich. Onboard the best that can be said about the flight attendants is that they are charming. Unfortunately the charm was mostly spent on a couple of travelling friends who hung around the forward galley and chatted for much of the flight. IFE has been abandoned - along with the Chariots of Fire theme tune to the safety briefing thankfully which is now presented in a rather amateur fashion by the crew. The lack of professionalism extended to the safety checks and the service - a full glass of red wine splashing down the aisle due to a lack of attention for example. Food (sourced in Paris) was adequate when it came but there were no hot towels and all drinks required a call rather than a regular service. All flights to western Europe are on 1 of 2 B737-500s or the B737-400. Seats in business class are 2x2 with a reasonable pitch and the cabin was clean. My recommendation is bring your own IFE an apple and your choice of drink shut out the sights and sounds for the 4.5 hour journey and enjoy.

Review by

CDG-TBS and TBS-AMS. Brezhnev era service and operations with old 737-500's. With simple changes in mind set they could improve a lot. I have heard that they are selling this airline. In the meanwhile when travelling to Georgia I recommend flying BMED Lufthansa Austrian KLM or Turkish.