Airline of the Year

flydubai

"Very unhappy customer"

Unverified | Dubai to Bangkok. Trouble from the get-go with this airline. The website sign up for flier miles did not work. It took 5 phone calls to get it set up. Total waste of time and phone credits. No leg room on board. Flier miles not credited to my account afterwards. Airline says I must claim them. Not automatically awarded. Was never told this. Called and emailed them again. Total refusal to credit my account. Very unhappy customer. Avoid this airline if you value comfort and convenience.
RouteDubai to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2016

"staff were helpful, kind, calm"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Dubai to Riyadh. Having been delayed on route to the airport by a traffic accident we arrived 20 minutes after the final bag check in time. I was convinced that we would not be allowed to get onto the flight regardless of having already checking in on line, as it was such a long time past the final check in time. I went to the Flydubai customer service rep who, when I explained my problem to her, called over a floor manager and called their check in desk. She directed me to the desk where they opened the flight back up and allowed me to check in my bag. We was then rapidly escorted through security and ran to the departure gate. When we arrived at the gate, considerably flustered, we were told not to worry and ushered onboard the coach. Onboard the flight there were a number of families who were not able to book seats next to each other and with the co-operation of the single customers and organisation of the crew, they were all accommodated. The plane was very comfortable with more than enough room even though it was fully booked and the attendance of the crew was faultless. Throughout this whole process the staff were helpful, kind, calm and went far beyond the scope of expected service.
RouteDubai to Riyadh

"no luggage has arrived"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Dubai to Kathmandu. 5 hours delay at night without any proper information or even glass of water. No beverages or anything to eat during the flight. I had to wait 2 hours more at the Kathmandu airport to get the information that no luggage has arrived! I was told that it will come with next flight at 18:00, a few hours later. I had to take a taxi to the hostel and back to the airport, no compensation, I was refused the proper registration of my claim, they told me I have to speak to the captain of next flight. The flight at 18:00 was delayed as well so I had to wait another 2 hours. The general terms and conditions of flydubai require that my claim should be delivered in writing within 21 days. How could I do it when I'm trekking in Himalaya?
RouteDubai to Kathmandu
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"absolutely get what you pay for"

Verified Review | Flew Kathmandu to Dubai. Flydubai proves the theory that you absolutely get what you pay for. What seems like a deal is simply payment for a less than optimal customer experience complete with lost baggage and absolute disregard for traveler's most critical needs. Case in point: A recent 3 day visit to Dubai was all but ruined given the fact that I was forced to spend the entire 3 days of my visit enlisting my hotel's staff and calling directly to this airline in an attempt to claim my lost luggage checked from Kathmandu to Dubai in the past week. Despite promises from the airline for calls back and assurances that the baggage would be on a later flight on the day of my arrival, it was only on day 3 of my trip that a final call from the hotel to the airline revealed that the luggage had been found. However, to add insult to injury, the hotel was informed that I would be required to return to the airport to pick up my luggage rather than the airline rectifying their mistake by delivering the baggage to my hotel as any other reputable carrier would. In the end, I was forced to pay for the airline's mistake as I was required to pay airport taxi fees (higher than other taxis) to collect my lost luggage in time for my departing flight on the following early morning. Upon picking up my baggage, I was treated yet again, poorly being made to wait for at least an hour before being able to claim my bag, and also being met by rude staff who clearly couldn't have cared less that they'd so badly bungled the handling of my and many other passenger's belonging. This airline is unbelievably inept. A truly disappointing experience.
RouteKathmandu to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2017

"delayed at check-in for one hour"

Verified Review | Dubai to Beirut with flydubai. Delayed us in a queue at check-in for one hour while my baby was screaming on the way out - no help. The same delay happened on our flight back to Dubai. There justification for the line? "We have a delayed flight so we have to keep you all in a queue" - imagine. Second thing was not having a bassinet so I had to carry my baby the 4 hours duration of a flight on the way to Beirut.
RouteDubai to Beirut
Date FlownApril 2017

"very slow not enough cabin crew"

Verified Review | Khartoum to Dubai. Full flight, only 4 cabin crew in Economy and 1 cabin crew in Business Class. Service very slow not enough cabin crew, waited 2hrs to be served refreshments. Not enough refreshments provided, catering did not match catering to passenger list why? Especially for evening flight, limited food available for 3.5hrs flight, unsatisfactory.
AircraftFZ635
RouteKhartoum to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2017

"the worst travel experience"

(Oman)

Verified Review | Muscat to Bangkok via Dubai. Horrible Airline FlyDubai I was traveling with my family to Bangkok on 26th March 2017 in FlyDubai Business Class. On that day morning I received an email from FlyDubai that the flight I was traveling was cancelled and I have to call their Dubai phone number to reschedule my flight. After waiting for over 20 minutes on line listening to the music, a representative came on line and the tickets were rescheduled for late evening departure (9.45pm flight) from Muscat to be able to connect the Bangkok flight leaving from Dubai at 01.50am. We reached airport by 7.30pm to take the flight. We were shocked to learn at the counter that the rescheduled flight was also cancelled. Again series of calls to Dubai, and requests to call back, about half a dozen customer service agents making all kinds of false promises, we had to return home close to midnight totally frustrated, irritated and dejected with nothing sensible achieved with so many calls. Next day early morning against started with calls to FlyDubai. After series of international calls and text messages I received a call from FlyDubai at about 8.40am on 27th March. I explained to him that I am traveling with my family and that my son already reached Bangkok from India and we should have reached Bangkok by this time and that we are still in Muscat because the flight on the previous night was cancelled. He said he will call me back, and indeed he did call me back to say that the FlyDubai flight scheduled to leave at 900 will leave at 11.45 and if we can reach airport in 20 minutes we may be accepted to board the flight. We agreed and reached airport in less than the allotted time. We were made to wait at the counter by a rude and irrational counter clerk. After about 30 minutes of series of phone calls to FlyDubai we were given gate passes. The customer service agent said he will reschedule our return journey to a later date as per our request because our outbound travel was delayed and that I have to send him my Bangkok phone number to which he can call and speak to me. I sent dozens of text messages with my Bankgkok contact phone number, but never was there a call from anybody at FlyDubai customer service. This is the worst travel experience I had in my travel experience and this is probably my last ever flight in FlyDubai.
RouteMuscat to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2017

"great and pleasant flight"

Verified Review | Flew from Isfahan to Dubai. Check-in at Isfahan took less than 2 minutes and boarding was quick even though there was a long line. Arrival in Dubai wasn't that good. At baggage claim, flyDubai sent half of the luggage from that flight to another terminal by mistake and my luggage was included in that pile. It toke at least 15 more minutes for the luggage to get transferred back to Terminal 2. Overall, I had a great and pleasant flight.
RouteIsfahan to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2016

"lower price is a false economy"

Verified Review | Colombo to Dubai with flydubai. 2 hours delay on way out. 5 hours delay on way back. 1 announcement, no flydubai staff available. Staff in Colombo assured us that our connections would be rebooked even on other airlines. Once we got to Dubai, of course they denied this and refused to help in any way. We had to buy new one way tickets to CPH (GBP1000). Captain came on PA and never came back. We were given 1 juice carton and 2 half disgusting sandwiches after 3 hours at CMB. Final insult is that they still charged for everything on board, they probably made a fortune as everyone was so hungry and thirsty. Total time travelling 11 hours, with no free water. Then 1 hour wait for luggage at DXB. 99% of passengers on that flight will never travel with them again. The lower price is a false economy. Be warned!
RouteColombo to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2017

"the staff were clueless"

Verified Review | Rubbish service and communication! Travelling to Doha from Dubai. Short 1 hour flight at a convenient time in the afternoon. Flight was delayed for 4.5 hours. Found out the hard way. We were at the airport and was told the flight was rescheduled but nobody was sure of the exact time. Not a single email, SMS or call informing us of the delay. This is the Information Age but flydubai seems to have missed it completely. The staff were clueless and were giving us multiple flight timings. One even said that the flight would be at 2 am and if we wanted a place in it we would have to confirm right away. The airport (terminal 2) was a mess as always and we had to wait in the general check in line for 20 mins to ask someone for the right info! The info desk had no idea and sent us to the check in counter.
RouteDubai to Doha