flydubai

"Worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Dubai to Beirut. Worst experience ever. We had to wait on the bus for 40 mins with poor AC with outside temperature around 50 degrees Celsius. After we boarded the flight, the AC was still very poor and the flight got delayed. Bottom line, be ready to sweat and have an extra t-shirt on board.
RouteDubai to Beirut
Date FlownJuly 2018

"one of the worst flights"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Amman. It was one of the worst flights in my life. I used a lot of airlines. But this was the worst in cleanliness, entertainment, staff cooperation and specially leg space. Also it is not cheap comparing with other airlines once you add food, luggage and entertainment on your ticket. I will never travel with such airlines
RouteDubai to Amman
Date FlownMarch 2018

"angry and disappointed"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Bucharest. I have never been so angry and disappointed with an airline. This is unacceptable and ridiculous really to the point of being offensive. Our plane had a ‘technical issue’ or flight was programmed to leave at 10:30 am. After 3 hours delayed they sent us back to the terminal. They told us to wait until 3:30 pm. We boarded again, the same plane. And guess what! ‘technical issue’. Completely ridiculous. Now we are getting back to the airport again
RouteDubai to Bucharest

"Leg space was good"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Muscat. I travelled on Economy class. We were made to wait for approximately 15 minutes in the bus once we reached near the flight. That was quite tough and in a crowded bus. It seems they haven't finished the cleaning process. They could have started boarding after that. Now once inside due to the long waiting asked for a cup of water but never given. So left it. Had to wait till they start the service. Not just my case but was for my near seat passengers also. Flight was clean and well arranged. No entertainment system available for this flight. End of the day it was a short trip. Leg space was good in this configuration.
RouteDubai to Muscat

"cabin crew laziness"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Bratislava. I only choose this airline because of affordable fare. I don't mind that they don't deliver free service on-board, you have to buy on-board. Fair enough, I always bring some snacks or sandwich, and buy on-board coffee. At the end of the day, I need to go from A to B, not to eat on-board. I only asked for a small pillow for my little one as she was tired. I noticed cabin crew giving pillow to other passengers. So I asked for one. Cabin crew without saying anything, threw on me duty free magazine saying I need to purchase blanket and a pillow for 90 aed. I went to the toilet, and I see both cabin crew lying down on the 3 seats covered with a blanket and sleeping. Honestly, I wanted to ask her if she purchased the blanket. OK, they started sale on-board, when suddenly turbulence occurred. They left with the carts, turbulence stopped but they never returned. My little one went by herself to the galley to buy a sprite. Honestly, I'm aware they are low cost but cabin crew behavior is the worst. Sleeping on the seats while on duty and front of all passengers - waking up with messy hair, wrinkled skirts and blouse. Not sure if the company monitors cabin crew performance and looks. Same thing happened of first sector, cabin crew sleeping on the seats. Honestly, I am a frequent flyer with this airline only because of affordable price but mostly because they fly directly to my country (only one from Dubai). Flight was on time, I cannot complain but the cabin crew laziness, carelessness, rude approach is the worst.
AircraftB737
RouteDubai to Bratislava
Date FlownJune 2018

"Expensive with poor facilities"

Trip Verified | The aircraft from Alexandria to Dubai seemed to be new. toilets on that aircraft are shockingly small compared to the other aircraft with the same type. You cannot even move in the toilets unless all your clothes wipe the walls, toilet bowl and the bin stowage. As Flydubai’s toilets always have wet floors and shelfs, they must enlarge the toilets and ensure that their crew maintain the cleanliness of the toilets. The internet did not work and was rejecting my payment method which I used every time and there was not any actual reason for their system to reject my payment other than an unacceptable error. There was not enterainment system installed. Expensive tickets with poor facilities.
AircraftvBoeing 737
RouteAlexandria to Dubai

"would not recommend"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Entebbe. Seats were uncomfortable. The flight was not full when asked to sit in empty seats was told have to pay $200 to switch seats in same cabin. Worst customer service from flight attendant my son asked for head phone and the attendant never came back to us. Seems ignorant customer service. One thing for sure would not recommend this airline to anyone even it is cheap.
RouteDubai to Entebbe
Date FlownJune 2018

"simple and elegant concept"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Khartoum to Dubai in a newish B737-800 aircraft in good condition and with fresh interior in bright colours. The business class section was 4 rows in a 2-2 configuration. Only 4 passengers in business made high level attendance from 2 FAs committed to business class. The separation to economy class was made by blue, semi-transparent plexi-glass which is the most elegant solution I have seen for this separation. Further, a rope prevented economy class passengers to encroach the business section. Flight was one hour delayed but not a big issue as I had 3 hours transit in DXB anyway. Lounge access granted in Khartoum to a modest, 3rd party, alcohol-deserted lounge used mainly by Emirates. My first time with Flydubai. When in business it almost appears to be a legacy carrier. Got the ticket during a campaign (FZ and CZ combined) for a fraction of the price of an economy class ticket. KRT is not an easy airport for transfers. They have very, very few transit passengers and there are no routines or clear modality for transitors apart from getting personal attention from officers who instantly seize your passport and let you wait clueless for hours. Onboard, FAs were very communicative and professional. One staff attendant came from Qatar Airways and claimed to be much happier with Flydubai. Food very tasty and 3 options of hot food given. I had all options and they were all very good and presented in a simpler way than for 5 star airlines – but that suited me well – simple and elegant concept. Drinks were of limited choices but good – inc. champagne and decent wines (only 2 wine options). Arrived at the remote Terminal 2 in Dubai but was transferred quickly to the main Terminal 1 for transit. IFE easy to operate with large touch screens. For the money spent (promotional ticket) I can only rate the experience as 10/10 minus 1 for the delay (though it did not affect me).
RouteKhartoum to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2018

"delayed because of a sandstorm"

Trip Verified | I flew from DXB to BAH via FZ023. Flight was due to depart at 7.15am UAE time. Flight got delayed because of a sandstorm. Unfortunately, there was no announcement from the flight crew explaining or apologizing for the delay. Landed in Bahrain without any other events. Cabin Crew were very helpful with passengers finding extra space for the carry-on bags.
RouteDubai to Bahrain
Date FlownMay 2018

"I felt totally deceived"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | A few days ago, I was flying from Prague to Singapore via Dubai and I purposefully chose to fly with Emirates to try a new carrier on that route as it was recommended to me by a friend who had a great experience with them in the past. However, on the day of the flight, I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that the 5.5hr flight from PRG to DXB both ways was serviced by flydubai. As the flight number was starting with EK like all Emirates flights do, and as I did not see any warning about it while purchasing the ticket online, I automatically assumed the whole trip would be with Emirates. Oh boy was I shocked when I found out - I felt totally deceived! And to clarify, I had 3 other options I could have chosen from in the same price category and flight time for that route, but I chose this "Emirates" one to give it a try (as I have flown the same route before with Turkish, Qatar, Lufthansa/SIA) - so yes, the excuse by flydubai for all their mediocre and below standard service as their "efforts to keep prices low" is just completely wrong - it's not cheap at all. And on a side note, a lady I met in Dubai that was taking the same flight back with flydubai felt exactly the same way and said she would never fly with them again and that she also did not know it was going to be with them either - she was outraged. So, what was the flight like? A complete dread and discomfort, which I would certainly not expect for such a long flight. If it was 1-1.5 hour flight, it would be perhaps acceptable, but certainly not for this long flights - I am shocked that they are not banned from operating such long flights given that they are simply not suited for them. In short, there was much lesser legroom and smaller seats compared to the Emirates ones, no food or drinks provided on the whole trip (unless for a few exceptions - I was one of them and I received a 1.5dl of water in a plastic box and a veggie lasagne and that was it - and it's not like I couldn't have bought something from their onboard shop - the thing is that I was so disgruntled with their services that I did not want to contribute them any more money. And btw I would much rather pay those few extra bucks at the point of buying the ticket for the comfort of having everything included in the price - again, I felt like I was cheated once more, because I do expect much better services on long flights). All the entertainment was paid (again, I would much rather pay those few bucks beforehand to have it included) and no wifi. It was all just a pain. Another huge downside about the experience was the flydubai's distant and extremely low quality terminal 2 in Dubai, where all their flights fly from. Not only that it took 45mins to get to the main Emirates terminal on my way to SG, but it also did not feel safe and the service was really bad - we took some shabby buses that seemed to be for workers at the airport and the drivers were not too compelled to work and to drive us there, so it took another 20mins just waiting on them. Also, on my way back, I was looking forward to doing some last-minute souvenir shopping for my family in the modern part of the airport - and nope, that part of the airport was not possible to access if you were leaving from T2, so I went directly there and it was just bad - one large dirty hallway, and small duty free. Never again - not them, nor Emirates - for the fear that part of the flight would be with flydubai again.
RoutePrague to Singapore via Dubai