flydubai

"below the standard"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Bishkek. This flight with flydubai was really below the standard of a typical budget airline. As a budget airline, I expected the seats and terminal to be cramped, no PTV or any entertainment, service, food or beverages. These are expected from an low rated budget airlines such as flydubai. However, the problem was that the crews were extremely unfriendly and could not even be bothered to help passengers to put away the carry-on bags on the overhead compartments. There were a lot of elderly passengers and those with children who really needed assistance from the crew. Instead the crew just chatted among themselves while they watched the fare paying customers struggled with their bags. The chatting continued for the entire flight - only briefly interrupted by the safety demonstration. The minute the safety demonstration was completed, the chatting started again. This chatting then continued at the back service area of the plane for the entire 4.5h. Even when all the lights were dimmed (an overnight flight), the crews' chatting continued to disturb passengers who could use some sleep. To the crews stationed at the back should be ashamed for letting down your passengers and kept chatting for 4.5 hours - something that I did not expect even from the worst budget airlines.
RouteDubai to Bishkek
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"is not a budget airline"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Karachi to Baku via Dubai. This is not a budget airline, in fact it is the worst airline I have ever flown. The nightmare started as I started to book my and my wife’s ticket on line. The opening cost was Rs 52,200. Well I was happy for that. Then began the nightmare. For every seat I chose I had to pay. Then down the page I had to dish out “administrative charges”. Before flying I had to sent this ticket to their local office to put the stamp of “ok to board, that cost another Rs 500 each. So the total cost came to Rs 59000 per ticket. On our flight to Baku I noticed they didn’t provide a pillow even, what to talk of other facilities. On our return flight the flight from Baku to Dubai was late by 45 minutes and the flight from Dubai to Karachi was late by 2 hours. Horrible experience.
RouteKarachi to Baku via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2018

"my experience was a good one"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | After reading the reviews on this site, I was dreading my day trip to Dubai on flydubai. I normally travel business class so economy class on a budget airline was new to me. My feelings were entirely misplaced. I had booked extra legroom seats at around $26 per sector. I checked in online and was able to go straight through to the departures area. As a Visa Infinite card holder, I was able to use the excellent Dilmun Lounge. The flight boarded and departed on time. The extra legroom made a huge difference with the added bonus that my row was empty. As many reviewers have mentioned, all amenities onboard are on a “pay per use” basis. I do not see any problem with this. The flight arrived on time though the taxi to DXB terminal 2 was long and we had to wait for 5 planes to depart before crossing a knives runway. The bus ride to the terminal was long. I cheekily went straight through the “fast track” passport control and was not challenged. The return flight was much the same. The checkin area looked chaotic so I was glad that I had checked in online. Spent some time in the very crowded Marhaba Lounge, courtesy of my Visa Infinite Card. The lounge would have been great but was packed. Boarding was quick and once again, I had a whole row to myself. The flight departed on time and arrived early into Bahrain. I was though passport control (fast track) and customs within 5 minutes. In summary, my experience was a good one: My plane (as with all flydubai’s planes) was relatively new. The crew were extremely friendly and helpful. Although the legroom looks a bit tight, it is no more so than most other airlines (including Lufthansa and BA). Anyone who wants extra legroom can purchase an extra legroom seat. I have no issue with Buy on Board - this is becoming the standard, even with legacy carriers. A good trip and my experience seems to be different from those of other reviewers.
RouteBahrain to Dubai

"it should be cheaper!"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Kiev. This low cost company is pretty good. Seats in the plane are comfortable. There is some basic entertainment system. Staff is helpful. Of course extra charges for everything: food, movies, etc. Since it low cost it should be cheaper! I don't understand why prices are similar to bigger airlines.
RouteDubai to Kiev
Date FlownDecember 2017

"never thought of looting customers"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Trivandrum. I am writing this to bring it to your attention about an experience happened to me and my brother while we are travelling. We went to India on 9th of Feb 2018 and our final destination was Trivandrum. We were occupying 19th row seats. After take off, may be after 1.30 mins my brother went to toilet and fainted and fell down due to some health issues. He is a diabetic and Blood pressure patient. Suddenly crew members with the help of other passengers given him some water and Juices. He seems to be ok for the next 30 mins. After that he told me that he is not feeling well. Suddenly he went to the backside toilet and on his way it self he started vomiting. Some fellow passengers also got disturbed and i was the one who was cleaning all this. I really dont care as he is my brother. The issue happened afterwards, as he was requesting to lay down and they offered him a seat in business class for 10 mins. He was taken to the business class and i approached the attendant who was there to allow him to stay there as I can see half of the business class seats were empty. But he said that its full and I told him that i am ready to pay as i cant keep him there in that situation. There was only 1 hour 30 minutes remaining for landing and he asked me whether you want to pay for this. I said if you allows him to stay back then its fine then he said no. Then i agreed to pay the cost of 2200 AED which was collected from my card after 15 mins. After this I went to check my brother and he was asking me to keep the passenger who was sitting with us in business class so that he can lay down in my lap. So he was taking rest in my lap having issues to do proper breathing. After landing we arranged the airport doctor and took directly to the hospital. Here i would like to raise some points, what help you are offering if their is any emergency situation like this. If that person is not well at all, at least a courtesy to keep in a comfy place were he can get some rest. I know that staff have incentives for upgrades and up selling but you need to educate your staffs not to use their up selling skills at an emergency. Today this happened to me and my brother and tomorrow to anyone else. I am not disputing for the payment which i have done as he took the payment with all my permission. I don't think anyone will think about the money when your brother in that condition. In my past 12 years experience in hospitality i have gone through lots of emergency situations, but me or my management never thought of looting customers at that time. I made an official complain regarding this and after 16 long days, i just received a reply from them saying that sorry to inform that we are not able to refund your money.
AircraftA 320 or 340
RouteDubai to Trivandrum
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"we had a poor experience"

Trip Verified | This so called Budget airline had low quality and zero service! But then why was the price exactly the same as an Emirates ticket? I travelled from Mumbai to Dubai on 4th March, the price I paid was actually the same as Emirates, around rupees 15000 for a 1 way adult ticket. I really regreted not buying Emirates and chosing this poor flydubai flight! Overall this experience was a nightmare! Firstly, the booking emailed to me had errors from their side but there was no response from flydubai contact centre despite trying to reach them several times for amendments! Secondly, the flight was delayed with no prior announcement and nobody at the check in was announcing anything unless we went up to them and asked them what was happening. Thirdly, the plane looked old and sorry to mention but the cabin crew appearances were also not upto the mark. The only female attendant who spoke Hindi on this Mumbai flight was quite rude and arrogant in dealing with passengers. Fourthly, Flydubai said you have to buy your own meals but no one even served water! No TV channels, no entertainment unless you pay to watch TV. 1 passenger asked for a blanket and attendant said, 'sorry blankets are only for business class'. Later another passenger told the same attendant that she was feeling cold so this attendant turned off/lowered the ac for everyone making it quite hot inside the plane. There is such tough competition thats why bussinesses offer something memorable to their customers but it was shocking to see how much they dont care about their service. Overall we had a poor experience and wished there was a human touch of kindness somewhere in your service.
RouteMumbai to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2018

"very little space between seats"

(Zimbabwe)

Trip Verified | Flew flydubai from Male to Dubai via Colombo. There was very little space between seats so we were like sardines, and the seats were very small and uncomfortable. The air-conditioning was far too cold and only after a few customers complained did they finally turn it up. Our ticket stated “standard meal included” but airline did not recognise this so we had to buy refreshments. (I’ve taken this up with my travel agent too). Our TV's did not work and when we showed the flight attendants they shrugged and said some aren’t working. We would have had to pay for earphones if TV had been working. Unbelievable.
RouteMale to Dubai via Colombo

"poor aircraft equipment"

(Slovakia)

Flew from Dubai to Bratislava. Horrible service and poor aircraft equipment. Where to start? Coffee and water are not for free! Water really? No snack! Inflight Entertainment doesn't work, even you buy it! Cabin crew do not collect garbage. In general I would say that you can choose from many budget airlines which offer higer service for a better price! If you have another option then do not waste your time and money with flydubai.
RouteDubai to Bratislava
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"worst flight that I had"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Dubai. Flight has been delayed twice. They keep people waiting and they have really a bad customer service. Its been the worst flight that I had. I thought it’ll be better because of the marketing but it doesn’t deliver well.
RouteBahrain to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"provides way less than others"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Bangkok (Dubai layover) via FlyDubai. The flight attendants are friendly, at least most of them. The smell when entering the aircraft was unbearable, coming straight of the toilets, the AC was at minimum power, which left us suffocating inside the plane, and was not turned on properly until reaching cruising altitude. The seats are very tight, not comfortable at all, you can't lean forward to sleep, heck you can barely perform safety measures when docking down. I booked my ticket online and requested meals on all of my 4 flights via flydubai, but no meal was served to me, they said my name was not on the list so they cannot serve me any meal, so I offered to pay for a meal but they declined saying there is an exact number of meals for the exact number of passengers names on the meal list. So I asked for water, same story, there are not bottle of water, so I also offered to pay for one, but they also declined. A nice stewardess offered me tap water. If I had known that, I would have got some food and drinks from the duty free prior the flight. Entertainment, a 7 hour flight from Bangkok to Dubai should have movies or songs, but to my surprise, I couldn't watch without paying via credit card or cash (35 Derham ) while i've been on many airlines before and they never never asked for a payment to use the screen to watch movies, series or listen to music which was very frustrating. I ended up paying, money is no issue but it's about the concept. So basically, choosing flydubai, even though it cost less than the other airlines, but it also offers and provides way less than the others, so instead of saving 150$-200$ on a flight, when taking flydubai you are only paying for a seat to sit on instead of standing during the entire flight, nothing more.
RouteBeirut to Bangkok via Dubai