flydubai

Seat Comfort N/A
Staff Service N/A
Value for Money N/A

"very unhelpful and rude"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Dubai to Baku. Very disappointed by customer service and crew. Price was not bad but they have some really stupid rules which they follow by the book, and that's how they make money. This trip cost me far more than what I originally planned for, because this airline is not trying to help, very unhelpful and rude. They are Not flexible at all and even call centre was very rude and not caring at all, Airplane was fine but no food, drink, headphones not even blanket for children.
RouteDubai to Baku
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"cabin crew kind and caring"

Verified Review | We flew flydubai on the 24th August 2017 FZ559 (Colombo to Dubai) and the cabin crew were very kind and caring. They were very much listening to passengers and cooperative. I will definitely use flydubai next time. The TV screens were malfunctioning but we were allowed to use available empty seats to use the entertainment system. We missed nothing during our flight.
RouteColombo to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"seats very uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Almaty to Dubai with flydubai. Pros - easy to book, affordable prices. Flexible policy to change the ticket date with no extra charge even in less than 24 hours before the flight. USB charger. Cons - seats don't recline and very uncomfortable. Screens were switched off and nobody knew on which altitude are we, where are we, therefore there was no entertainment. Found a lot of black hair and some rubbish in the seat pocket for magazines. For the cost of airline at least a free water would be a good gesture.
RouteAlmaty to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I want to report a problem"

(Oman)

Verified Review | Dubai to Muscat. I dont have a specific problem with the airline, it's a low cost so what do you expect. I want to report a problem with one of the FlyDubai's staff at their information counter (DXB Terminal 2). I went to their counter to ask how to check in the wedding dress I had just bought. I was expecting some sort of nice reply and flexibility (my ticket was allowing me to check in only a 7kg hand luggage). She immediately started ranting telling me that the aircraft is small after I had told her that we could certainly hang it. She then said that the flight is fully booked so there is no space to hang it. Then she said "You need to buy an extra ticket - for an extra seat". I said "how can I buy an extra ticket if the flight is fully booked?" She started blabbering something but I didnt even listen because I was so mad, I thanked her and left to go check in. Fortunately I found someone normal who told me that the dress needs to go to the cabin and that there is no problem with that.
RouteDubai to Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2017

"seats are too small and narrow"

(Kuwait)

Verified Review | Dubai to Kuwait. The seats are too small and narrow. I found out too late that fly dubai operate to Sheikh Saad Al Abdallah General Aviation Terminal and not Kuwait Airport, so when they landed I thought we landed at Kuwait airport and my husband was on his way to pick me up from Kuwait airport. I got stuck at flydubai's airport and then had to use their taxi to get out of their airport. They should notify customers that they have their own airport so that travelers can arrange to pick up the traveler from that airport.
RouteDubai to Kuwait

"Absolutely horrible experience"

(Bahrain)

Verified Review | Bahrain to Dubai. Worst airline ever! For some reason i decided to give it one more shot and it turned out that a one hour flight took 6 hrs. Ruined my weekend. Worst part of it was that I learned that the airline knew that they had delays and technical problems and never informed the passengers until after checking in so that they dont lose the business. Plus, they gave us the option to cancel the ticket with no refund. This airline doesnt respect people nor values time. Absolutely horrible experience.
RouteBahrain to Dubai

"worst airline operating"

(Oman)

Verified Review | Muscat to Zanzibar via Dubai. Possibly the worst airline operating. This was my 2nd flight with them. This time from Muscat to Zanzibar, where they delayed my baggage for 6 days on my 7 days vacation, so they practically left me stranded on an island. Worst thing was they had a flight everyday, and I was told on 3 occasion that my bag was tagged for the next flight, and since they don't deliver bag to your hotel, I must have spent hrs at the airport - most of the times their flight was delayed by 4 hrs on a 5 hrs route , only to be told the my bag has not arrived. I never stopped getting generic email offering their sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused! They also failed to mention a voucher for delayed baggage, which if i would not have read, would not have received. I plan to use my voucher, obviously with carry on bag & never ever to fly with them again, & advise the same to any fellow traveler who loves their piece of mind.
RouteMuscat to Zanzibar via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Never fly on Flydubai again"

(Kenya)

Verified Review | Dubai to Dushanbe. Never fly on Flydubai again, because it is unreliable, not responsive, provides poor service at normal airfare rates and shows lowest level of customer care. And to add a small observation, Flydubai does not even provide a drop of water. On 1st of June we had purchased three air tickets to fly from Kabul to Dushanbe. The tickets were issued by Atlantic Travel in Kabul and paid in cash at 354$ per person/team members. On 2nd of June we moved to Kabul airport around 15.30 hrs to check in and take the flight at 18.15 hrs to Dubai and to connect on FZ 777 from Dubai to Dushanbe at 22.35 hrs. At the check in we received the boarding cards for both flights. The flight FZ 306 was announced on the notice board as scheduled for 18.15 hrs. However after making enquiries at 19.00 hrs the ground staff of Flydubai informed us that FZ306 had been cancelled and another Flydubai flight may only be expected the following day (Saturday). Passengers were advised to use the waiting flight of SAFI 4Q0201 scheduled to depart at 19.30 hrs. In view of our connecting flight from Dubai we followed this advice. As Flydubai ground staff refused to endorse the tickets in hand we had to buy new tickets for the SAFI flight SAFI 4Q0201 at 267 $ per person. Then we boarded the delayed flight of SAFI to Dubai in anticipation to reach Dushanbe in good time. But on arrival in Dubai we failed to get on the Flydubai FZ 777 to Dushanbe, which had already left. At Terminal 2 we requested the Flydubai office to arrange an onward flight to Dushanbe at the earliest opportunity. To our disappointment, we were informed that the next available flight by Flydubai would be only on Tuesday 6th June which was after our scheduled meeting in Dushanbe for 5th June. In addition we were told that Flydubai could not endorse tickets to other airlines offering earlier connections. The only option given would be reserving seats on the next flight on Tuesday, the 6th June. Flydubai refused to secure and provide hotel accommodation in Dubai for the waiting days. In spite of repeated reminders Flydubai failed to respond to our complaint to refund the costs of the cancelled flight FZ 306 or the middle class hotel costs.
RouteDubai to Dushanbe
Date FlownJune 2017

"experience was the worst"

Verified Review | Dubai to Belgrade. Overall experience was the worst. The plane was too crowded, crew is missing the knowledge of customer service, food was served on the most of the aircraft, and then the rest of us were waiting for almost 1 hour to be served. By the time they managed to give us food, we only had a choice of vegeterian option, which was spicy. The crew member was having bunch of forks and knives in his hands and has given some to us just like that, one by one, no packed cutlery. On the way back, my husband was travelling alone, even though he had a ticket paid more than 2 weeks before our travel, there was no meal for him at the aircraft. He was the only one told that he was supposed to pre-book a meal online, which was not said anywhere and was not the case in our first flight. In the end the crew managed to find him the same vegetarian dish that we had when we were travelling together. This is the last time travelling with this airline!
RouteDubai to Belgrade
Date FlownJuly 2017

"likely to avoid Fly Dubai"

Verified Review | Dubai to Beirut. Being that it was my first Fly Dubai experience, I was not familiar with the way it works, but the booking experience should have more transparent instructions. I ended up paying 450 AED for luggage for only the outbound part of my trip. While checking in, I was prompted that after check in I cannot add "excess baggage". In the dictionary of airlines, excess baggage means baggage exceeding your check in allowance. If the concept behind Fly Dubai is a cheaper airline with option to pay for baggage, later explained to me after paying an unreasonable amount for 1 piece of luggage, then when checking in it should prompt the customer to "add baggage" not "excess baggage". This is extremely misleading. And when I was buying my ticket, it indicated 1 x 7kg carry on and 1 x 31kg check in - that is what I thought my allowance was. Why did it say that if I was then forced to pay for it? After paying this ridiculous amount for my 1 piece of checked in luggage, I was told to pay online for my luggage on the return flight. However, upon checking in for my return flight, there was no prompt nor was there an option to add any baggage. I checked in and then called FlyDubai, spending more money on an unnecessary long distance phone call. The representative explained that my return flight had an "offer" for 1 free checked in bag. Why did the first agent on my outbound flight tell me to pay online for the return. Huge customer service fail. Website is unclear, misleading, and user unfriendly. Customer service doesn't provide accurate guidance. Next, the tv screens on the flight are a disaster. I paid 35AED for the movies option, but the touch screen barely works! By the end of each flight, both outbound & inbound, my fingers were sore from pressing so many times until the screen responded to my selection. When it finally did respond and my movie played, it skipped half the time! Making the entire movie unenjoyable. Lastly, why create a food menu when the items on that menu are always sold out? I imagine only the first 10 rows actually obtain what they request from the menu. Either enforce a pre-purchase online or offer snacks only in-flight. These instances really give this airline a messy image. You can be a budget airline, but have it together. You are not currently achieving that and after this experience, I am likely to avoid Fly Dubai going forward.
RouteDubai to Beirut