flydubai

Review by (Canada) 30th June 2015

I was scheduled to fly from Kathmandu to Colombo via Dubai, when my flight was suddenly cancelled by FlyDubai due to the earthquake in Nepal (the earthquake was 2 weeks prior.) Flydubai made minimal effort to contact me, and offered only a voucher, no refund despite being the ones who cancelled the flight. I was stranded in Kathmandu, and flydubai did not provide me any goodwill whatsoever. My fiance had a hellish time trying to speak with the customer agents on my behalf, and they do not have a toll free number so the cost to do so was on our dime. I can't believe that any company would strand someone in a natural disaster and make such little effort. I'd rather pay a bit extra than ever fly with them again.
RouteKathmandu to Colombo via Dubai

Review by (Hong Kong) 19th April 2015

FZ250 Tabriz to Dubai last min booked on this flight plane arrived TBZ 15-20 mins earlier and boarded pax as early as their staff could. Probably due to ATC our flight closed door earlier than schedule but still managed to take off just in time at 0410. Total pax onboard was about 40-50s on this brand new 737-800 very nice interior with mood lighting dimmed as blue ceiling light and when approaching it dim as amber. I love this very much. Check in was fast didn't pay for any seat allocation but the check in staff gave me 8A the 3rd row from the front in the economy section. Business class was totally empty on this flight. Probably due to late night departure and this is a new launched service for Fly Dubai. Overall it was a pleasant flight as I could occupy all 3 seats during the flight.

Review by (Hong Kong) 19th April 2015

Review by (Iran) 30th March 2015

We flew between Tehran and Dubai together with my spouse and our 8 month infant. The plane was a Boeing 727-800 with very tight spaces between the seats uncomfortable to hold the baby. I asked for the first row of economy class seats 5A to F but the check in lady in Dubai surprisingly asked for some 150 AED extra charge for each seat which we denied. Furthermore the heat dissipation of the LCD monitors even when they were off was awful the air conditioner couldn't handle it. The last not the least was the baggage allowance for each passenger which is regularly 20 kg and we had to pay about 50$ to buy an extra 20 kg to cover our requirement. Although some airlines like FlyDubai put limitations on their services to provide more economical tickets I guess with using bus to take the passengers to the plane or eliminating catering FlyDubai couldn't deduct the price in the competition market to give appealing offers. Considering the above points I will try not to employ their services again particularly when the baby is involved.

Review by (Iran) 30th March 2015

Review by (Germany) 29th January 2015

I flew DXB-DOH and on the same day DOH-DXB back. Of course you can't expect a service like from Qatar Airways or Emirates which both operate this route. But the price is just great. Because it was a short-haul flight we were allowed to use the inflight-entertainment system for free. Food and drinks are for purchase but its a no-frills airline. The Inflight entertainment was as I said complimentary on this flight. We had a personal inflight TV in our seat and a huge collection of movies in many languages. I was able to watch movies in German. I would absolutely recommend this airline!

Review by (Germany) 29th January 2015

Review by (Qatar) 28th January 2015

DOH-DXB-DOH. Fly this route weekly. Amazing consistency. Flights on time. Easy boarding. Use a bus to terminal in DXB and DOH which means buying seats at the front is pointless. New planes. Widescreen IFE which is free on this short sector and works before takeoff and after landing. IFE costs $10 otherwise for unlimited movies and shows or $4 for shows only. Legroom is very cramped but is acceptable for short haul flights. Note there is a fast bag desk at DXB but is not very visible.

Review by (Qatar) 28th January 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th December 2014

KWI-DXB return. Good value nice clean aircraft. And they avoid the main terminals - a major bonus at KWI where the main terminal is terrible.