Top 100 Airports

Darwin Airline

"Will never fly them again"

Left stranded in Geneva when Etihad Regional cancelled this flight to Florence. An utter disgrace. Their ground agency Dnata could not re-book nor refund the money. They have no one from the company present in Geneva. People who wanted to go to Florence same day took a train or drove. Etihad Regional just don't have any planes when something goes wrong and no value for customers. Will never fly them or their mother company ever again.
RouteGVA to FLR
Date FlownJuly 2016

"great value for money"

Zurich to Geneva return with Darwin Airline. Booking and check-in was smooth, online check-in was not available. Boarding was quick, maybe due to light load factors on both segments. Both flights were on time, arrival even early. Very nice cabin crew, comfortable seats with huge seat pitch (1990's style on the Saab 2000). I can recommend them (at least for flights from and to Geneva). I am aware that Darwin Airline has some punctuality issues. But that never happened to me. Great value for money.
AircraftSaab 2000
RouteGVA to ZRH
Date FlownFebruary 2016

(Malaysia)

Have flown PRG-TXL-PRG both ways on time. The net flight time was only 35 min so the staff had to be quick to serve us some drinks and snacks. The service was professional. Will use them again.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Darwin Airline customer review

ZHR-GVA-VCE and back. Check-in at Zurich and Venice airport very quick and efficient. Good connection times at Geneva airport much better than other carriers. Flights departed on time and arrived early. Flight Attendants very friendly both ways. Flew over the Alps which was nice but small amount of food served on the flights. Overall did the job. Looking forward to my next trip with Darwin in July.

Darwin Airline customer review

Flew LUG-FLR via GVA and back. Excellent airline. Flights on time FA very friendly and service excellent! Would fly with Etihad Regional again.

Darwin Airline customer review

Flew DUS-STN booked on Air Berlin flight was operated by Etihad regional which in turn is operated by Darwin Airlines. Flight was slightly delayed leaving which wasn't too much of an issue. Boarded onto buses by very disinterested gate staff and taken to the remote stand flight was only 3/4 full which was nice crew member was very professional and smiley welcoming everyone onboard with a big smile. Did look very professional in uniform. Service was started but there wasn't much point given a cold towel the sandwich is the smallest I've seen either ham sandwich or cheese sandwich and either water tomato or orange juice tea or instant coffee or soft drinks. No beer or wine was available like most other European carriers. No water in the toilet sink to wash hands only the cold towels to wipe hands. Landed at STN only to be disembarked by Menzies into the satellite which had been evacuated due to an escalator fire the arrivals tunnel was very smokey ground staff from swissport came to our rescue and took us out to a stand where we had to stand for over 30 minutes until a bus came to take us to the arrivals hall although not Etihad regional fault didn't really help with the overall experience. Would not book with these again as I didn't think the offering on board was worth the extra cost compared to other airlines flying the same route a real shame as I did expect more.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

(Japan)

Travelled from Dusseldorf to London Stansted booked as Air Berlin flight but actually it was Etihad Regional operated by Darwin Airline. I could not book the seat in advance and were forced to wait at the airport until check-in counter opened. Flight was stated as delayed by 40 minutes but actually this was more than 60 minutes with very few announcements. Flight itself was comfortable SAAB2000 is unique aircraft with one seat on one side and two seats on the other side of the cabin which I like. Fortunately I sat on one seat which was good for me. As it was an evening flight they gave a bread snack which for a short flight is fair. As I like this aircraft maybe if I have a chance I will take this flight again however I would not recommend to my friends.

Darwin Airline customer review

Travelled Stansted - Dusseldorf. Initial problem with "please wait" on check in board after waiting 30 minutes it hadn't updated. After a search I found a lone Etihad regional check in desk who was wondering why nobody was coming to check in? Flight departed on time. SAAB turbo prop seats and leg room were certainly more comfortable than low cost carriers. Return flight was delayed an hour. Overall did the job.

Darwin Airline customer review

Booked from Amsterdam to Zurich via connecting flight in Leipzig. First Leg of trip to Lepzig (Flight 255) was delayed by 5hrs but no rep or any announcement about this seemingly phantom flight until two hours after the scheduled departure. Five hours later still no flight seems the plane never even took off for its trip to Amsterdam. Still stranded at airport now. Even if flight eventually leaves fro Leipzig there is no way I will make the connection from Leipzig to Zurich which only flies once every 3 days! Now I will miss my flight back to Canada from Zurich. Wonder how much I will have to pay Air Canada to get me back home now! Avoid this airline at all costs!

Darwin Airline customer review

London Stansted to Dusseldorf 07.25 Wednesday 25th June 2014. Arrived at Stansted at 6.15am only to find the flight had been cancelled. The Etihad desk (used by Darwin Airlines) was unmanned but the flight sign board directed me to another desk. Here I found some 20 people handing around and one very harassed looking guy on the phone trying to find out what has happening. Eventually after waiting more than an hour I was offered an alternative option to fly to Cologne but that wasn't suitable - no seats on the 4pm flight to Dusseldorf and the 7pm flight was too late. All told a pretty disappointing service especially as there had apparently been a cancellation of the 4pm flight the previous day. So off I went home and now have all the trouble of claiming back the money I spent on taxis and hotel booking. Easier for me to fly with EasyJet to Amsterdam and drive to Germany - will do that next time.